As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

European music festivals, where are you going?

elkataselkatas Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Festival season will start in three months, and most eager of us have already reserved their tickets. Although recession has hit the billings, there is lot of good stuff going around. So where you are going this year? Roskilde? Sweden Rock? Wacken? Pori Jazz? Glastonbury? Due budgeting, I'm personally only limited on Finland, but I plan to go at least Sauna Open Air, Tuska Festival, and probably also Pori's Jazz Festival. Sauna Open Air is most important festival for me this year, as billing includes Mötley Crue, Hardcore Superstar, Kamelot, Nightwish, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, and Soilwork. Then I probably also go to some smaller local festivals, like Ruisrock and Provinssirock. Provinssirock main event is still question mark, but rumours indicate that re-united Faith No More would do gig there, and that is something I wouldn't like to miss.

Hypnotically inclined.
elkatas on

• Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Im going to the Latitude Festival in Suffolk, UK. Brilliant festival set in the trees, has all sorts of things such as attendants dressed as pixies and random plays set out in the forest. Also good music too! Oh and last year had Bill Bailey!

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It'll be the second year without Ashton Court Festival in Bristol. Terrible times.

It was wonderful to have one that was still in a big lovely park but at the same time walking distance from an actual bed. Always a good line up too.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have not booked anything this year so far as I'm not 100% sure I'll be in Europe at the time, so I'll try and pick up tickets when I know (scalping or lastminute etc I guess?).

What do you guys recommend? Last year I just stuck to the various London park based festivals, but I am interested in going out of town this year, if I can get tickets at the last minute

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Serbia and Slovakia have some amazing festivals. There's two huge ones in particular, although I can't remember their names.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    A friend found a heavy metal cruise trip between Stockholm and a port in Finland for April or May. I hadn't heard of the bands but it sounded like it could be one of those weird life experiences that one should take the opportunity to do

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kalkino wrote: »
    A friend found a heavy metal cruise trip between Stockholm and a port in Finland for April or May. I hadn't heard of the bands but it sounded like it could be one of those weird life experiences that one should take the opportunity to do

Hmh, do you have more information? :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    elkatas wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »

Hmh, do you have more information? :)

I do indeed.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was supposed to go to roskilde in 2004 . . . and then I got kicked out of the country early for pissing off the foreign exchange groups head office. damnit.

geckahn on
  • Options
    CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    geckahn wrote: »
    I was supposed to go to roskilde in 2004 . . . and then I got kicked out of the country early for pissing off the foreign exchange groups head office. damnit.

Wait, you got kicked out of Denmark?

How the hell did you get kicked out of Denmark? That's almost an impossible feat to accomplish.

Did you spit on our Queen or something?

Also, I really want to go to Roskilde since Roskilde is awesome and Danish girls are hot and easy but the mud is off putting.

Like, really, off putting. And I don't do camping.

Cristo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Cristo wrote: »

Ah, festival camping. Something that I would never do. :lol:

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

How the hell did you get kicked out of Denmark? That's almost an impossible feat to accomplish.

Also, I really want to go to Roskilde since Roskilde is awesome and Danish girls are hot and easy but the mud is off putting.

I lived in skane, southern sweden. And i dared to leave the country for three weeks and adventure, so I got to leave a couple weeks early. Unfortunate.

geckahn on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've been to Denmark once, and you guys seemed like lovely people (more importantly you guys speak English in a way that makes me feel like i'm back in the anglosphere), i'd hate to think what one would have to annoy you guys so much as do boot a Swede out

Kalkino on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know people planning to go to Oxegen in Kildare, but the line up this year really doesn't excite me at all. Snow Patrol, The killers, The Game? No thanks. Nine Inch fucking Nails are below the likes of Lily Allen and Lady GaGa on the line-up. It's a disgrace.

A few friends are going to Wacken, but despite my love of metal, that really isn't my thing.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

BUMP!!

I'm off to Roskilde today!

Cristo on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm off to Latitude again :D

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    pots+panspots+pans Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Green Man for me.

pots+pans on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm planning on going to Rock En Seine at the end of August. I've heard good things, and I really prefer the little festivals.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Man Roskilde is awesome.

People walking round naked, you can pee wherever you want, great music, awesome food. Couldn't be better :D

Cristo on
  • Options
    either,oreither,or Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I worked at Glastonbury this year on The Park stage. Next is Hop Farm this weekend, then Indietracks and finally Rock En Seine if I have any money left by the time it comes around!

either,or on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS friend code: 4811-7214-5053