Options

[MISC]...You're probably a gamer

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    KrnDoxy wrote: »
    YMBAGI you look at other people's stats and think, "Pah, that's nothing!"

I'm looking at you, Cronus. 9.2 hours in the past 2 weeks? Try 39 hours in the past two weeks. Yeah. THIRTY more hours than you. Haha.

In all fun though, Plants vs Zombies is fucking awesome.

My hours on that game are going to shoot up soon. I need some cash so I've got to leave it running at the zen garden so I can buy the rest of the stuff from Crazy Dave.

This job thing is really getting in the way of my gaming. :P

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

I'm looking at you, Cronus. 9.2 hours in the past 2 weeks? Try 39 hours in the past two weeks. Yeah. THIRTY more hours than you. Haha.

My hours on that game are going to shoot up soon. I need some cash so I've got to leave it running at the zen garden so I can buy the rest of the stuff from Crazy Dave.

Can you do that? I tried leaving it in zen garden once, and my snail went to sleep, so I didn't collect anything. But maybe the coins don't disappear though, I never waited long enough to find out ;)

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can you do that? I tried leaving it in zen garden once, and my snail went to sleep, so I didn't collect anything. But maybe the coins don't disappear though, I never waited long enough to find out ;)

The coins do disappear, but you can give the snail chocolate to get him to stay awake for over an hour. The chocolate also works on the plants to get them to produce coins faster.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cronus wrote: »

My hours on that game are going to shoot up soon. I need some cash so I've got to l4eave it running at the zen garden so I can buy the rest of the stuff from Crazy Dave.

I just play wal-nut bowling 2- as long as you get your physics right and continue to bounce regular wal-nuts off of zombies, you'll continue to get money. Wal-nut bowling also works, but 2 has things like dancer zombies and bucketheads, so more to bounce. I usually get about $3000-4000. Lowest I've gotten was around $2000, highest around $6000.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • Options
    DarcDarc Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Brex123 wrote: »
    I just got a new one:
    YMBAGI the best thing that happened to you all day was getting a d100 as a welcome gift from the DM of your Role-Playing group.

This just happened to me today. I saw one of my RPG friends in the hall, and he said that the DM (another friend of mine) wanted to see me. I couldn't find him until i got to a class that we both had together. Before it started, I went to see him, and, after feverishly searching his bag, he handed me the two dice for the d100, a red and blue die for 0-9, and a red 00-90 die. With that, he officially welcome to the group and told me that the next date for our Dark Heresy game is either the 25th or 26th.

Dark... Heresy... game?

Feel my envy, sir.
    Feel it.

Darc on
    There are 10 kinds of people; Those who read Binary, and Those who don't.

7Zd22nO.png
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    If you're dragging heavy shopping upstairs and thinking "I'm over-encumbered and cannot run."

Shit you made me laugh aloud at work.
    I do that in real life all the time. I normally say "My energy bar is low, go away" but I don't say it in my head.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My ringer is the Zelda fairy fountain song. The bad horse theme would be awesome though. Did you find a long copy of the ringer song, or did you just rip it?

My sister has the whole Bad Horse song as her ringtone. She doesn't remember how it got on there and both she and I were surprised that it played the whole thing (unless someone hangs up.)

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you might be a gamer...if you seriously thought of placing the Murloc sound as your cell phone ring tone

I have the Metal Gear Solid codec jingle for mine.

And the message alert tone is a snatch of conversation from one of my favourite podcasts.

...I'll take my dork crown now please.

The bad horse theme is my main ringer. And my msg tone is the Super Mario World Mushroom sound. I think that one-ups you.
    Pun fully intended.

My ringer is the Zelda fairy fountain song. The bad horse theme would be awesome though. Did you find a long copy of the ringer song, or did you just rip it?

Ripped it from the CD soundtrack. It's the ringer from just before chorus 2 - the one delivered by phone, not letter. I actually need to redo it, as I had to replace my phone.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    brainsmithbrainsmith Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    heh, now that would be awsome... marrying a gamer.
    YMBAGI you attend LAN parties on a regular basis.

I married a gamer and I will say it is pretty cool. My 360 doesn't get much play these days though because her's has all the Rock Band DLC on it.

YMBAGI if you imagine what tetris piece would fit better in different spaces, like in between parked cars, etc.

brainsmith on
    Get your own tauntaun!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    brainsmith wrote: »
    YMBAGI if you imagine what tetris piece would fit better in different spaces, like in between parked cars, etc.
    Along with this, YMBAGI you refer to rearranging things in cars' trunks in order to fit better as "tetrising."

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    brainsmith wrote: »
    Along with this, YMBAGI you refer to rearranging things in cars' trunks in order to fit better as "tetrising."

Doesn't everyone? I have one of these at my desk at work, and there are at least a dozen times a day I wind up staring at it waiting for the dots to line up into tetris pieces.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    IcedhopeIcedhope Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If your reading all these posts and laughing, you are defintely a gamer.

Icedhope on
    Look! Another ReMake!
  • Options
    iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »

No doubt about that!

YMBAGI you'd bother sorting out all the suggestions in this thread in order to have some fun with it at PAX!

The time approaches when I shall compile a list and begin pruning out the redundancies and submitting "questionables" for possible elimination.

What say you?!

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Icedhope wrote: »

No doubt about that!

YMBAGI you'd bother sorting out all the suggestions in this thread in order to have some fun with it at PAX!

The time approaches when I shall compile a list and begin pruning out the redundancies and submitting "questionables" for possible elimination.

What say you?!

Ahem ... *clears throat*

DO IT!

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    TankGirlTankGirl Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    If you carefully pack all your groceries in straight lines on the cashiers belt, while humming the tetris music...you are most likely a gamer.

TankGirl on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Aaaaaand now I've got the Tetris music stuck in my head.

Going to have to ask a friend to e-mail me an MP3 now.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    TKDTKD Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    Fun lists!

TKD on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You might be a gamer if...

You can't look at an obese person without yelling BOOMER!

You get beat up,and you complain about how the block button wasn't working.

You have tried to kill someone by pushing them into a pool and removing the pool ladder, just to see if it would work.

You're shocked by the fact that you actually have to open First aid kits and actuallyapply the medical items within.

You've totally destroyed on of your controller/keyboard/mouse/all of the above in a fit of rage.

your I-pod has nothing but videogame tunes and remixes on it.

You've bought and played an M for mature game, even though you were/are only about 10.

And finally, You might be a gamer if you play video games on a regular or semi regular basis.

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You've bought and played an M for mature game, even though you were/are only about 10.

ESRB ratings didn't exist when I was 10.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You're probably a gamer if you hold down the "Push to talk" key on your keyboard to talk to people sat next to you, or on the phone, even when you're not logged on to your Teamspeak/Ventrilo server.

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have home videos of myself when I was a toddler, playing Super Mario with my father. Back then I always had to hand him the controller to beat a level that I couldn't do... and it's amazing to see the growth. Like, that's where it started, and now I'm the one being handed the controller.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You're probably a gamer if you keep saying just one more time on a boss you are suck at all night long and look at the window to see dawn.

PimpMethod on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ahaha! Been there done that...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YMBAGI you hear a song and think of the "boss battle" or "epic level" in your life it would be perfect for

...you ARE DEFINITELY a gamer if you have actually used that music for such times in your life

/me remembers using Kill Bill & The Matrix soundtracks whilst snowboarding some epic runs!

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Neo wrote: »
    YMBAGI you hear a song and think of the "boss battle" or "epic level" in your life it would be perfect for

...you ARE DEFINITELY a gamer if you have actually used that music for such times in your life

/me remembers using Kill Bill & The Matrix soundtracks whilst snowboarding some epic runs!
    Kill Bill and The Matrix were movies first- now if you said you something from SSX3, I would give you more props.

KrnDoxy on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    If you play video games baked.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2009
    I think you mistook this thread for "You might be a stoner if..." this is the "You might be a gamer if..." thread.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I think you mistook this thread for "You might be a stoner if..." this is the "You might be a gamer if..." thread.

You might be a stoner if you mistake a YMBAG thread for a YMBAS thread

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    InterjectionInterjection Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You might be a gamer if every time you get a package in the mail you say "A cardboard box?!"

Interjection on
    aka kcMasterpiece
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    You might be a gamer if every time you get a package in the mail you say "A cardboard box?!"
    And then you go, "Perfect! I was looking for more defense!"

KrnDoxy on
  • Options
    M0nk3y523M0nk3y523 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    <3 This thread!

YMBAGI:

-You lovingly, and devotedly taught your child the names of all your favorite video game characters, but when it comes to days of the week, you shrug and say "What does he need to know that for?"

-You've threatened murder (or worse) to someone for touching your dice.

-Your family knows what to do in case of a Zombie Apocolypse, but not what to do in case of a fire.

- Your child, at the age of 3, explains quite elequently to your parents why vampires are evil, and should be burned.

- You have a bag of dice on you right now

- When your router goes down, you plug your modem into your console or gaming computer, instead of your general house computer.

- Your peripherals for your computer and console are predominately displayed on a wall in your house.

- You've spent more on RPG books since you started dating your S.O., then you have for gifts for said S.O.

- Power and Internet ALWAYS gets paid in your house, and Water and Gas do when you've got the money. (You may also be a Broke Gamer)

- Every Outlet in your gaming space has a surge protector, and you still need more outlets.

- Your S.O. begins talking about a new campaign that they're working on, and you immediately take them for "naughty, nakkid, adult time".

M0nk3y523 on
    myspace
    Wii Friend Code: 5730 7685 6843 4615
    SSBB Code: 3909 7563 1956
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    M0nk3y523 wrote: »
    - Your S.O. begins talking about a new campaign that they're working on, and you immediately take them for "naughty, nakkid, adult time".

So, there was this couple in our WoW guild. The wife got a purple drop off the trash after Vael, and informed the raid that they would require "additional AFK time before the suppression room."

YMBAGI epicz get you so hot you need sexings right away.
    :winky::winky::winky:

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    NeoNeo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    - When your router goes down, you plug your modem into your console or gaming computer, instead of your general house computer.

It is implied in M0nk3y523's post, but just to add it to the list:

YMBAGI:
    - if you HAVE separate "gaming computer(s)" and general house computer :)
    - if your general house computer used to be your gaming computer before the upgrade
    - if you have, or could have, multiple general house computers due to parts from previous upgrades

Neo on
    -- This space for rent --
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    - You have a bag of dice on you right now
    *GASP!* How did you know!? o_O

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YMBaGI You have a bag of dice on you right now

Ha ha, I don't apply to this one... I have a box of them.

Brex123 on
  • Options
    M0nk3y523M0nk3y523 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Neo wrote: »

It is implied in M0nk3y523's post, but just to add it to the list:

YMBAGI:
    - if you HAVE separate "gaming computer(s)" and general house computer :)
    - if your general house computer used to be your gaming computer before the upgrade
    - if you have, or could have, multiple general house computers due to parts from previous upgrades

Please tell me that the black Prius that's been outside of my house for the last week or so isn't you. And if it is, feel free to take the following advice:

STOP STALKING ME!

*runs off to draw the curtains*

M0nk3y523 on
    myspace
    Wii Friend Code: 5730 7685 6843 4615
    SSBB Code: 3909 7563 1956
  • Options
    PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If your bring a gaming magazine to work and most of your co-workers are over the age of 30

PimpMethod on
  • Options
    pinkbunny84pinkbunny84 Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    if you start naming your pets after consoles.

My Puppy Atari..
    t_224m_548cdce.jpg

pinkbunny84 on
  • Options
    iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I compiled a list (which needs to be updated) of the posts of the not-so-derailed nature and removed the dupes. anyone have any suggestions on what we could do for some fun with this at PAX? I was thinking of trying to get some of the favorites on a print out for people to mess around with who participated in the thread but that's only one idea

Thoughts?

BTW: Thanks for participating, all who have thus far. There's some gold in these posts. Keep'em comin' :D

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    SecretAgentCowSecretAgentCow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YMBAGI if one of your first (and favorite) memories is of sitting in your mom's lap playing doom.

SecretAgentCow on
This discussion has been closed.