As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MISC]...You're probably a gamer

• Options
    Alex_Digital_CowboyAlex_Digital_Cowboy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    If you can instantly identify and sing along with the Mario, Zelda, or Final Fantasy level up theme

Ahem...

"Duh-duh-duh, duh-duhduhduh, duhduhduh-DUH, dudu-duh-dududuh (and so on.)"

Then Zelda...

"Du-duuuuuh, du-dudududaaaaaaaa, dududududeeeeeeeeeer, dududududeh-deduuuuuuuuuur (and so on)"

Finally Fantasy.

"DuhduhduhDUUUH-Duuurduuur-DE-deDuuuuuuuuuur!" *

Man I'll sing you any game them you can name :P

*Not sure if this is the one you meant by level up theme, but it means we can stop fighting for ten seconds.

If you own a video game soundtrack... you are definitely a gamer... (checks CD collection. Guilty sixteen times over.)

Alex_Digital_Cowboy on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    emorimiku wrote: »
    If you have a dedicated zombie invasion plan... you're probably a gamer.

I don't have just one zombie plan, I have thirty-seven zombie plans! No such thing as being over prepared. 8-)

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    turkeymerkinturkeymerkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If, when regarding the price of some things you find particularly awesome, you are relieved (and a little astounded) that they only want money.

If, when in a fight with your significant other, you pull the DM card to win (doesn't work, btw).

turkeymerkin on
  • Options
    turkeymerkinturkeymerkin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you are continually losing the game... (dammit)

or,

If your wife/gf/bf is continually MAKING you lose the game, then you are one lucky sonofabitch for marrying another gamer.

If your greatest source of marital strife is only owning one computer and not having the money to buy another

If you check over your "material components" before cooking

If you've assigned a class and leveling system for your pets (my cats are a lv.2 fluff and a lv.12 lazyass)

If you find it easier to communicate everyday scenarios and situations in 3.5speak

If ANYTHING in your life is "super effective!"

turkeymerkin on
  • Options
    iamconfidenceiamconfidence Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    along the lines of DND

if you've ever thought of situation in terms of it's critical success or failure

the same thing for assessing a reaction as it relates to a saving throw...

how about talking about personal characteristics as an ability score...

and I'm pretty sure determining the quality of a performance by qualifying one's skill ranking in a particular area.

yeah... roleplay geeking invades life more every hour spent in game. :D

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you've ever pictured the world as a hex grid and started calculating movement costs and cover bonuses to get to the fridge... (too many wargames)

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You thought the L.E. Gamers thread was for lawful evil gamers.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    You dream of PAX, then you are probably a gamer.

Guilty as of last night, but then I realized it was a dream because I didn't remember getting there. I was just...there.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If you've ever played Grand Theft Auto for a solid week and then while walking to work, eyed the parked cars that flanked your street and think... "It would be so much quicker..."

Definitely a gamer.

If you think the best way to kill a large crab is to tip it over onto it's back and hit it's weak spot for massive damage... don't come to the beach with me.

Alex_Digital_Cowboy on
  • Options
    pandorajeannepandorajeanne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »
    ...if you've ever been in a real life situation and said to yourself, "But it's ok, if this doesn't work out I can just relo--...wait, crap!"

On a related note, done something in real life and immediately frantically thought to yourself, "Crap! Undo! UNDO! Dammit!"

I have done this WAY to many times....like thinking to myself, "I should probably save before doing/saying this"

pandorajeanne on
    You can brag if you win, but don't cry if you lose.
  • Options
    KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If your boyfriend asks you "What do YOU wanna do?" in a suggestive voice and you yell "VIDEO GAMES!", you're prolly a gamer.

If he replies with, "YEAH!" and slaps you five, you're prolly dating a gamer who likes the Awesome Series as much as you do.

If you both actually do go and play games after this interaction, you're both gamers (who need to get laid afterward. And do).

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • Options
    AnngaricusAnngaricus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KrnDoxy wrote: »
    If your boyfriend asks you "What do YOU wanna do?" in a suggestive voice and you yell "VIDEO GAMES!", you're prolly a gamer.

If he replies with, "YEAH!" and slaps you five, you're prolly dating a gamer who likes the Awesome Series as much as you do.

If you both actually do go and play games after this interaction, you're both gamers (who need to get laid afterward. And do).

Guilty :winky:

Anngaricus on
    Something more creative to be here shortly.
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anngaricus wrote: »
    If your girlfriend asks you "What do YOU wanna do?" in a suggestive voice and you yell "VIDEO GAMES!", you're prolly a gamer.

Also guilty. >_>

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    If your girlfriend asks you "What do YOU wanna do?" in a suggestive voice and you yell "VIDEO GAMES!", you're prolly a gamer.

Also guilty. >_>

...Okay I LOVE me some video games, but sex>video games any day.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    QuickSnap wrote: »

Also guilty. >_>

...Okay I LOVE me some video games, but sex>video games any day.

first of all... I'd like to point out the masterpiece of quote highjacking that I've contributed to above...

secondly, although I agree that sex>video games generally... they're suggesting something that seems to include both and I call that a big effin win!

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Here's the hierarchy

Just sex = Regular Joe
    Sex then Games = Gamer (With your priorities straight)
    Games then sex = Total Gamer (Lucky enough to have landed someone as awesome as you are)
    Games DURING Sex = Gaming/Relationship God (Only managed this once :P)

Alex_Digital_Cowboy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh HELL YES.

Games during sex is hilarious AND awesome. Which is the epitome of a truly amazing sexual experience.

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It seems we have reached a point of absolute unquestioned agreement thanks to Alex_Digital_Cowboy.

100% effin supported on that one!

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's the hierarchy

Just sex = Regular Joe
    Games then sex = Total Gamer (Lucky enough to have landed someone as awesome as you are)

I'm sum10fishy and I approve this message.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's the hierarchy

Just sex = Regular Joe

Is it bad that I've done all of the above? -_-

MeeOk on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Here's the hierarchy

Just sex = Regular Joe

No, just means you subscribe to my daily routine schedule as well.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Here's the hierarchy

Just sex = Regular Joe

No, just means you subscribe to my daily routine schedule as well.

Potential Omegathon round?

redhalo on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Could make a decent replacement for the rock band round since there isn't really a new rock band due this year?

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    emorimiku wrote: »
    Could make a decent replacement for the rock band round since there isn't really a new rock band due this year?

But...but it's Rock Band.

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

This onstage at the Omegathon, DO NOT WANT!
    newz229.jpg

MaoChan on
  • Options
    vintagegamervintagegamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If you own a lineup of classic arcade games, you're probably a gamer........... :grin:

VG

vintagegamer on
    Working arcade games I own: Ms. Pac, Asteroids, TRON, Defender, Robotron: 2084, T2, Sorcerer pin, SMC-1 juke

Webmaster
    beforethedarktimes.com
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If your children are named after video game characters, you're probably a gamer.

(3 out of 4 of mine have game names >.> and the 4th is named after old school Doctor Who)

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If your children are named after video game characters, you're probably a gamer.

(3 out of 4 of mine have game names >.> and the 4th is named after old school Doctor Who)

Super Joe, Mappy, and Captain N?

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Super Joe, Mappy, and Captain N?

If you can offhandedly mention Captain N The Game Master in any conversation EVER IN ANY WAY.

LOL!

good call though :P

iamconfidence on
    --
    ETA.Confidence
    EscapeTheAsylum.com
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    (to the medical gamers)
    If you can listen to a surgery lecture and the first thing that comes to mind is the slurp slurp gel from Trauma Center... youre probably a gamer

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    (to the medical gamers)
    If you can listen to a surgery lecture and the first thing that comes to mind is the slurp slurp gel from Trauma Center... youre probably a gamer

Guilty :P (well... at least for something similar)

I've been thinking of getting back into the medical field though, probably not a bad idea.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    (to the medical gamers)

Guilty :P (well... at least for something similar)

I've been thinking of getting back into the medical field though, probably not a bad idea.

[tangent] 2 years into med school and up to my gauging eyeballs in debt, id seriously consider it heavily before going back...that being said [/tangent]

if youve ever considered dropping out of grad school to have the life of a frag doll... youre probably a (female) gamer

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Toad, Sodom and Guybrush Threepwood. And you named your fourth William Hartnell-Robotnik

My daughter is named Lyra (Of The Golden Compass... which was technically also a video game) but we're thinking of calling our second Link... or Hellboy. (If it's a girl... Hellgirl.)

Alex_Digital_Cowboy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Haha nope, Aeris, Celes, and my sons middle name is Raziel (His first name is taken from his fathers screenname, which is ALSO geeky as hell.) The DW named one is Nyssa <3

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

if youve ever considered dropping out of grad school to have the life of a frag doll... youre probably a (female) gamer

Mayyyybe. >_>

<_<

Nawww, I never considered that. *cough*

MeeOk on
  • Options
    KrnDoxyKrnDoxy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Haha nope, Aeris, Celes, and my sons middle name is Raziel (His first name is taken from his fathers screenname, which is ALSO geeky as hell.) The DW named one is Nyssa <3
    Wow. Thanks Mom and Dad. You've permanently doomed your children to be geeks.

KrnDoxy on
    A lust for conquest and absolute power, and the desire to have a really big… gun.
    -Shelley, Xenosaga Episode I
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Not really, all my hippy-named friends like "Rainbow" and "Tree" aren't hippies. And to non gamers they are normalish enough to just sound exotic.

And whats wrong with them being geeks anyways? o.O

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Not really, all my hippy-named friends like "Rainbow" and "Tree" aren't hippies. And to non gamers they are normalish enough to just sound exotic.

And whats wrong with them being gamers anyways? o.O

there isnt anything wrong with them growing up to be gamers, its just the stupid kids at school will pwnz them. i was the picked on kid, i speak from experience =)

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    edited March 2009

there isnt anything wrong with them growing up to be gamers, its just the stupid kids at school will pwnz them. i was the picked on kid, i speak from experience =)

Hmm... My older 2 have been in school many years without incident. In fact they usually get compliments for having pretty and unique names. Maybe it's a boy thing? Or you went to school with extra mean kids? :/

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Hmm... My older 2 have been in school many years without incident. In fact they usually get compliments for having pretty and unique names. Maybe it's a boy thing? Or you went to school with extra mean kids? :/

yea, i did go to school with obnoxiously snobby mean kids. i was the short red haired girl, it apparently makes you a target. ( a la fire crotch)

back on track... if youve ever heard a super mario or zelda theme song off of someones cell ringtone and knew youd be BFFs...youre probably a gamer

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
This discussion has been closed.