As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WH40K: They made a minature game for Starcraft 2!

• NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I actually have a single Hellhound and my Tank Destroyer both with perfect tracks. A feat never again to be replicated.
    Seriously, what is wrong with you people? My very first basilisk I dry-fit the top tread segments to figure out how the variable lengths worked, glued the whole thing three segments at a time, and ended up with a gap at the bottom rear, but who cares, since you can't see it? That's the pattern I've followed ever since, and like I said, even if I don't end up with a perfect fit, it doesn't matter since it's a part of the tank never visible. All the parts you can see look perfect, and I don't stress out over it. :P

I think its prolly a matter of principle :P

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    With a little cleanup, these would make awesome Blood Pact helmets.

Sharp101 on
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I came across that site a little while ago.
    Not sure if they'd work with marines, but these would be cool for slaaneshi chosen or something.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited March 2009
    I thought the same thing!

Sharp101 on
    edited March 2009
    hi5

Dayspring on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gaunt should be cleansed. He has dwelt too long in places unclean.
    Hardline Imperial rhetoric is cathartic.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Gaunt should be cleansed. He has dwelt too long in places unclean.
    Hardline Imperial rhetoric is cathartic.

By the end (of the books I've been able to get my hands on/are out yet) I felt really REALLY bad for a certain character and their messenger shell :(

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
    edited March 2009
    Crap, I think the bases my kans came with were to small. What size base are Killa Kans supposed to be on?

killa_kans_5_20090312_2065002359.jpg

Sharp101 on
    edited March 2009
    Do they come with bases?
    Mine are on sentinel sized bases*

they are looted sentinels but that's besides the point.

Dayspring on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sharp101 wrote: »

That site is all the rage here in Poland. People are no longer buying assault termies, they just go for these.

Mayday on
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited March 2009
    Mayday wrote: »

That site is all the rage here in Poland. People are no longer buying assault termies, they just go for these.
    Cool!

Similar to Microart Studios, I guess? I bought some barbarian heads to use for wolfguard, and I'm pleased with the results.

Dareth Ram on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I went in to a indie store today to get some more paint for my shadowsword and left with the last two Chimeras I need more my Mechanized Platoon.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    You do know that there are steps AFTER admitting you have a problem right?

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WHA - warhams anonymous

SJ on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »
    You do know that there are steps AFTER admitting you have a problem right?

Wait...you're serious?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I forgot to fall Forgeworld this morning and ask them about the missing arm. While siting downstairs assembling the rest of the squad I can up with a possible solution. These guys are Combat Engineers. They do dangourous repairs and handle lots of exsposives...

Engineer1.jpg
    I'm happy with that. Looks like it was thrown together in the field. I don't want to hear anyone ask "But how does it work?" because the guys have freaking lasers built into their eyes yet carry telephone cable around on their backs.

Engineer2.jpg
    The whole squad.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    nice solution timspork.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Draeven wrote: »
    nice solution timspork.

Bionics are always a good idea.

3cl1ps3 on
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm
    IMG_3041.JPG
    (P.A.C.K. 1520 Army Load Out) Imperial Guard - In this IG Load Out, you get 1 bag and 8 trays that fit the following items: 396 Troops 15 Larger Models 8 Leman Russ Tanks 1 Chimera Tank 12 Special Weapon Slots with Spacer or 6 Sentinel Spots 1 P.A.C.K. 1520

Price: $200.00

Might hold about a quarter of my Guard.

IMG_3035.JPG
    (P.A.C.K. 432 Army Load Out) Imperial Guard - In this IG Load Out, you get 1 bag and 4 trays that fit the following items: 192 Troops 10 Larger Models 3 Leman Russ Tanks 1 Chimera Tank 12 Special Weapon Slots with Spacer or 6 Sentinel Spots 1 P.A.C.K. 432

Price: $110.00
    That's about a 1500 point army for me.

Seriously thinking about getting that second one.

Librarian's ghost on

• UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nice solution with the bionic arm, Tim. The bipod works really well. Do you think there's any chance of seeing a picture of those engineers with some of your steel legion? Maybe with some krieg grenadiers along for the ride? This is totally not a selfish request. ....cough.

The carrying case looks very nice as well, do you have a link to the supplier?

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    dude was a no show - what a jerk

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
    edited March 2009
    Nice solution with the bionic arm, Tim. The bipod works really well. Do you think there's any chance of seeing a picture of those engineers with some of your steel legion? Maybe with some krieg grenadiers along for the ride? This is totally not a selfish request. ....cough.

The carrying case looks very nice as well, do you have a link to the supplier?

http://www.battlefoam.com/

Go to products then select IG. There they have the new cases with specific IG foam. You can also just get the foam if you go to the foam sections on the top of the product page. For the foam you can get specific names put on the trays for free. (Not sure if that works if you buy the case with foam.) I've been thinking of getting the Baneblade foam just because that sucker is a bitch to carry. Plus I can get it's name "Nemesis" stenciled on the top.

I'll try to get some pictures of those guys here in a minute for you.

Librarian's ghost on

edited March 2009
    army cases
    Oh man please tell me they do cases like this for other armies.
    edit: just seen the link, awesome!

Dayspring on
    edited March 2009
    Crappy picture is crappy.
    IGComparison.jpg

I can't find my photo booth :(

It's hard to tell since all the Engineers are hutched over but once they get painted up to match I think they will blend well.

Librarian's ghost on

• UnarmedOracleUnarmedOracle Evolution's Finest Hour Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's actually really helpful -- thanks Tim!

I may just have to build my army using steel legion figures, but even using Krieg grenadiers, engineers, and officers I'd worry about the line being too limited. Well, I'm sure that I'll figure something out.

UnarmedOracle on
    signature.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Crap, I think the bases my kans came with were to small. What size base are Killa Kans supposed to be on?

killa_kans_5_20090312_2065002359.jpg

Looks like you have some terminator bases there.... They should be on Dreadnaught bases :P since... they're like... ork dreadnaughts

EDIT: Just saw the new pic in the painting thread... Good times

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
    edited March 2009
    Technically I think Kanz are supposed to go on the small ones, because I think that's what they're packaged with... no idea why though, and I always put 'em on the larger bases.

SJ on
    edited March 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    Technically I think Kanz are supposed to go on the small ones, because I think that's what they're packaged with... no idea why though, and I always put 'em on the larger bases.

They look so awkward on the smaller bases though... and you can hit the hull before you're technically in "base to base contact"

On another note:
    Played two games yesterday..First a 500pt game with my IG. Second game playing IG, first with my own troops. Played my friends Orks and won. It went back and forth a couple of times... Two things that won it for me, I think, were immobilizing a trukk on turn one that was at the back of the table, and popping a trukk 8 inches out from my lines and breaking the boyz inside before they could charge... then after the boyz that were in my line ate two units, the entire firepower of my remaining forces came to bear and destroyed them. It was probably the most fun I've had playing 40k though... even though the first 3 turns I was fully expecting to get eaten alive.

Second I played his Orks at 1500 with my Blood Angels. We both decided on a fun game where we'd field units that we'd usually not field. HIGHLIGHTS!

Turn 3: Mephiston rolls a test for Might of Heroes... 11. First wound. Mephiston rolls a test for Transfixing Gaze... 11. Second wound.
    Turn 4: Mephiston rolls a test for Transfixing Gaze in a new combat... 11. Mephiston dies.

Turn 2: Warphead rolls the deep strike power and comes in behind my 2 Death Company Dreads, 5 Death Company Marines, and Lemartes. He was in a unit of 7 Nobz. The Nobz don't live to see the next turn. Warphead dies next phase.

Turn 5: Mek fires his shokk attack gun at a unit of tactical marines across the board... Rolls 10 for the weapon strength, so he teleports across the board and assaults them. The 14 lootas he left behind become rather sad they can't fire :P Combat is a draw

Turn 5: 2 Killa Kanz charge one of my Death Company dreads that has been immobilized since early in the game. DC dread wins.

Turn 5: My mobile DC dread charges 3 Killa Kanz... DC dread wins.

It was a pretty fun time

Nax on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I played Eldar yesterday with my Blood Angels and managed a slight loss. Stupid Dawn of War scenario where my dreadnought and death company can't even make it into combat :^(

Bad army choices, I guess. Should have just stuck with assault squads. I ordered Brother Corbulo for an upcoming tourney as well. I don't use special characters but I feel I might need the boost because everyone else uses at least 1 special character.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited March 2009
    After I looked into it, it seems Kans used to be on the smaller Terminator sized bases, but GW started to switch them over to Dread sized bases.

My two Kans came in different packaging. The first one came in a Blister and had the smaller Terminator Base, the second came in a box and had the dread sized base.

Either base works, but I think GW wants them on dread sized bases now.

Sharp101 on
  • Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I painted the 11 or so parts of each guardian before gluing them all together, this is extremely tedious, but i just put the full squad together today and, they look vastly superior to the 3 part lego ones you get in the 4-packs. I also snapped the starcannon in half, unintentionally, but i guess the model is as useless as the thing would be in a game now.

But seeing that squad of fully painted mans has reinvigorated me, i want to get through my painting now and start playing.

Delicious Steve on
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Turn 3: Mephiston rolls a test for Might of Heroes... 11. First wound. Mephiston rolls a test for Transfixing Gaze... 11. Second wound.
    Turn 4: Mephiston rolls a test for Transfixing Gaze in a new combat... 11. Mephiston dies.

Wait are those psychic powers? perils of the warp isn't on a fail, it's on a 2 or 12

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;9334919']

Wait are those psychic powers? perils of the warp isn't on a fail, it's on a 2 or 12

Also (and I'm probably wrong here) Mephiston is a hardcase; I thought he had s special rule regarding Perils and not dying. Or is that just Tigger?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited March 2009
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    ' wrote:
    -[arlequin;9334919']

Also (and I'm probably wrong here) Mephiston is a hardcase; I thought he had s special rule regarding Perils and not dying. Or is that just Tigger?

I don't think anyone has a rule for that...

SJ on
  • soulshredder7soulshredder7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    I played Eldar yesterday with my Blood Angels and managed a slight loss. Stupid Dawn of War scenario where my dreadnought and death company can't even make it into combat :^(

Bad army choices, I guess. Should have just stuck with assault squads. I ordered Brother Corbulo for an upcoming tourney as well. I don't use special characters but I feel I might need the boost because everyone else uses at least 1 special character.

i think that Lemartes is a better choice if you have 25 points to spare, you attach him to death company (with jump packs) and when they charge they get 4 rending attacks. that's my take at least.

soulshredder7 on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

i think that Lemartes is a better choice if you have 25 points to spare, you attach him to death company (with jump packs) and when they charge they get 4 rending attacks. that's my take at least.
    Corbulo looks cooler though :P

edit: plus the furious charge is so awesome. Put Corbulo in a LR or a Rhino, measure range for the 12" from the edge of the vehicle instead of his model, gives it an extra 2-3". I believe that is the ruling.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just had my first couple games of 40k using the mans from the Black Reach box, and I gotta say, it was pretty fun. I played Space Marines and I think that's what I'm going to stick with (the friend I played with is going to take the Orks and expand on them).

Managed to lose the first time, win the second time. Unfortunately the turn that I realised that my Dreadnought was basically invulnerable against Boyz in melee (and shoota fire) was the turn that the Deffkoptaz managed to immobilise it and make it useless for the rest of the game.

Any tips for a new 40k player?

W2 on
    edited March 2009

Corbulo looks cooler though :P

edit: plus the furious charge is so awesome. Put Corbulo in a LR or a Rhino, measure range for the 12" from the edge of the vehicle instead of his model, gives it an extra 2-3". I believe that is the ruling.

fair enough, how many death company do you have?

soulshredder7 on
    edited March 2009
    W2 wrote: »
    Just had my first couple games of 40k using the mans from the Black Reach box, and I gotta say, it was pretty fun. I played Space Marines and I think that's what I'm going to stick with (the friend I played with is going to take the Orks and expand on them).

Managed to lose the first time, win the second time. Unfortunately the turn that I realised that my Dreadnought was basically invulnerable against Boyz in melee (and shoota fire) was the turn that the Deffkoptaz managed to immobilise it and make it useless for the rest of the game.

yes if you want to collect a space marine army and you have a friend who wants to play or already plays orks go in 50-50 on "assault on black reach" it will give you a 10 man tac squad, a chaplin, a 5 man termie squad, and a dreadnaught for $30!!!!!!!

soulshredder7 on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    W2 wrote: »

yes if you want to collect a space marine army and you have a friend who wants to play or already plays orks go in 50-50 on "assault on black reach" it will give you a 10 man tac squad, a chaplin, a 5 man termie squad, and a dreadnaught for $30!!!!!!!

That is exactly what I have already done. :)

W2 on
This discussion has been closed.