As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Urban Dead] "I Looted Caiger Mall and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt."

• Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »
    There are two zombies outside the building south of Starks. Got one of the bastards down to 6HP, go finish him off!

That's a revive point :)

Or it used to be. Dunno if this SPD group still operates.

We could try to run it if we have anyone who can revive.

Or until we kill enough of them to get the EXP. :P

If it said anything in the area about an RP, I'm sure I missed it. I've been playing this game for like, a week and this is the first opportunity I've had to hit anything.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MegaMek wrote: »
    Ok, so, according to the wiki radio transmitters only drop in mall tech-stores. So I'll be back in a week D:

Yeah, we need to get an idea of what skills we need.

Everyone needs Free Running, certainly.

I know many of us are firemen and want Hand to Hand.

We are going to want several folks with Construction, certainly. It's handy for repairing buildings and putting up barricades.

We are going to want some people early on with the Shopping skills, so they can find us cool things like transmitters, gas, and generators.

And then definitely people with NecroTech stuff.

We might want to work on spreading these out amongst us at first. Later on it won't matter once we all have a bunch of levels on us but right now it will pay off if we specialize.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think that barricading gives XP too. And you know, you guys could train up XP by hitting each other, then healing each other.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Who's PolloDiablo?

EDIT: OK, building is VSB, so it's max barricaded. I'm gonna rest up for my big trip to Blesley Mall.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I'm guessing the max ammo in a shotgun is 2?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Who's PolloDiablo?

EDIT: OK, building is VSB, so it's max barricaded. I'm gonna rest up for my big trip to Blesley Mall.

Not sure, he's part of the old school Penny Arcade group though, so he must have seen this thread and came out to say hi.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing the max ammo in a shotgun is 2?
    Yeah, the weapons in this game are a double-barrel shotgun, and a six-shot revolver. Not the most efficient zombie killers, but whatever.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Do you get a lot of action points over time, or can you only do a little bit every day?

The game is kind of boring to me, since I log on, walk to find a zombie, miss 5 times for every hit, the zombie still has a bunch of hit points, and I have to go back to my safe zone before I run out of action points.

Firefighter, might I add.

Am I missing something?

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nope that's pretty much how all Browser MMOs work nowadays. At least the text based ones.

urahonky on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Do you get a lot of action points over time, or can you only do a little bit every day?

The game is kind of boring to me, since I log on, walk to find a zombie, miss 5 times for every hit, the zombie still has a bunch of hit points, and I have to go back to my safe zone before I run out of action points.

Firefighter, might I add.

Am I missing something?

The first few days kind of suck.

After you get about a 50% chance to hit a target it's a lot better.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    KaeKae Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm still moving slowly towards Scarletwood. The first days really are just run, hide and pray. Hopefully, I'll be able to help more later.

Kae on
    LOTRO: Main: Merewin, Filthy Alt: Melilotte

PSN: GetMediaeval
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Kae wrote: »
    I'm still moving slowly towards Scarletwood. The first days really are just run, hide and pray. Hopefully, I'll be able to help more later.

This!

I really wish they would start you with 200 ap or something when you're brand new to account for being fully rested and the initial adrenaline. Also If you are able to rest in a safely barricaded place you should gain AP faster or you should have bonus ap that can take you over the cap

Grath on
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grath wrote: »
    safely barricaded place

Oxymoron :P

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kae wrote: »

This!

I really wish they would start you with 200 ap or something when you're brand new to account for being fully rested and the initial adrenaline. Also If you are able to rest in a safely barricaded place you should gain AP faster or you should have bonus ap that can take you over the cap

I don't know.

Could fuck up things a whole lot.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm probably going to work my way down to you guys setup the generator or something and just quit because only getting to play for maybe 15 minutes every 24 hours just frustrates me.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Why? I mean... It's not exactly meant to have you sit in front of it all day. You wake up in the morning, check the forums, log into your char, make sure he's still alive, get stuff accomplished, get him somewhere safely, then head out to do whatever you do during the day. That's all I do.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If you're expecting a text game on the internet to be fully interactive, you're looking at the wrong medium.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm probably going to work my way down to you guys setup the generator or something and just quit because only getting to play for maybe 15 minutes every 24 hours just frustrates me.

We'd certainly appreciate the generator. Would be nice if you played with us, but I understand this game isn't for everyone.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    because I'm obsessing about it. I'm constantly reading the wiki and anything I can find related to it.

Because when I'm home I open up the page once an hour and do two things.

I'm the type of person that has multiple max level characters with great sets of gear in wow.

I can't just let it go.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    because I'm obsessing about it. I'm constantly reading the wiki and anything I can find related to it.

Because when I'm home I open up the page once an hour and do two things.

You should block the page from loading more than once a day. :P that'll fix that.

urahonky on
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Colt wrote: »
    Bigity wrote: »
    There are two zombies outside the building south of Starks. Got one of the bastards down to 6HP, go finish him off!

That's a revive point :)

Or it used to be. Dunno if this SPD group still operates.

We could try to run it if we have anyone who can revive.

Or until we kill enough of them to get the EXP. :P

I'd be happy to set one up, I have a bunch of revive syringes and spray paint, I'm gonna head down tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll make it.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay dudes. I'm standing outside of the Stark Building with a brain-eating look on my face. 9 AP left, should I go south to the Park (since it's a revive point I guess?), or can one of you dudes spare a revive right outside?

Edit: Oh, hi Docken. :P

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Lol be careful. We're already on full alert that a zombie is standing outside haha.

urahonky on
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Okay dudes. I'm standing outside of the Stark Building with a brain-eating look on my face. 9 AP left, should I go south to the Park (since it's a revive point I guess?), or can one of you dudes spare a revive right outside?

Edit: Oh, hi Docken. :P

Whoops! Sorry about that...!

I went inside after and said... "one of them wants to talk...?"

Ok, I think you should stand on the school tile for the time being, otherwise you are going to get an asswhooping heh... I mean most of us can't tell zeds apart yet, so bad things will happen to you...

Docken on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, some asshole killed Karen, but I managed to shamble my way to Scarletwood Cemetary if anyone's got a spare needle.

And Simon accidentally headed into Pennville's Methodius General Hospital. On the plus side, I'm 3 points from leveling up

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can't find the comic with the Zombie outside the window looking in with longing, but I assure you, if I could, it would be here.

Anyways, I don't mind getting killed on accident by one of you guys. You get experience at least. I get a revive eventually.

Edit: And, as per advice, I'm at Horsington. Just hanging out.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Unfortunately, I don't think anybody nearby has any needles. I might try an make an expedition to the nearest NecroTech building tomorrow, though I'm not sure if I can get anything there or use it if I can without any NecroTech skills.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I just checked. You need Lab Experience to use a syringe.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Got a generator, transmitter, and fuel at the mall, gonna be back by tomorrow.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    DockenDocken Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

wow that was unusually efficient.... good stuff!

Docken on
  • Options
    ColtColt .45 ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think I'm going to get the Shopping skills and then jump into NecroTech stuff. Or Visa versa.

Colt on
    steam.pngxbl.pngpsn.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Docken wrote: »

wow that was unusually efficient.... good stuff!
    I have shopping and bargain hunting, so searching in a mall is easy :P

MegaMek on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So what will our radio freq be?

Arrath on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Who's PolloDiablo?

Not sure, he's part of the old school Penny Arcade group though, so he must have seen this thread and came out to say hi.

Yeah, that's me. I'm just wandering about. I've still some syringes left, if anyone needs reviving.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm listening into 28.01 ATM and there is some funny stuff going on. Also I am still at the hospital colt was at previosly in rolt heights and it's just one hilarious thing after another going on there. I logged in right after a zombie broke in and the text says "you hear moans and shuffling" I couldn't help but laugh. This game is tons of fun.

Just imagine what a full fledged mmo would be like for a zombie game!

Pat_McRoch on
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is the zombie outside friend or foe?
    I'm guessing that's still Darth?

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, we now have a powered generator, and a transmitter. Now to sleep :P

Once most of us get free running, we need to restrict access to this building and make the club our access point.

MegaMek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've gotten Neil to Stark.

I got a zombie that was in the park down to like, 6 hp before I read the thread, so sorry if that was any of you guys.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm about 38 AP away from stark... so I guess I'll see you guys in 16 hours.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    CapuanoCapuano Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll be in Stark by the middle of this afternoon, guys. I'm currently chilling in Blesley mall in Gulsonside whilst I wait for enough AP to make the run.

Capuano on
    1372374-1.png
    Starcraft 2: jawaka.947
This discussion has been closed.