Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Legends Lost (Game Thread)

11617181921

Posts

  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Passive Perception (I failed to mention this a minute ago): the brain on the floor? it's gone. ooo. creepy.

    Also, the orbs...are they out at the same time in the same room? just...curious...

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Niltsiar sees that the brain is no longer on the floor and checks the room for perhaps an ooze trail of the liquid it had been suspended in with the jar.
    Perception check (1d20+5=9)

    Braelani specifically exited the room back to the brian/lab room, opened the box there, then closed it and re-entered the orb room. They were not open in the same room at the same time.
    Dortmunder wrote: »
    With a worried look on her face, Braelani returns to the "laboratory" room, and sets her pack on the desk.

    With Niltsiar looking over her shoulder, she retrieves the runed rosewood box and places it on the desk next to her bag, then pauses.

    "It may be a futile precaution at this point, but can someone close the door?"

    Once the door to the "orb" room has been closed, she carefully pries open the lid of the box and sees...

    ArcSyn on
    OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Niltsiar sees that the brain is no longer on the floor and checks the room for perhaps an ooze trail of the liquid it had been suspended in with the jar.
    Perception check (1d20+5=9)
    Braelani specifically exited the room back to the brian/lab room, opened the box there, then closed it and re-entered the orb room. They were not open in the same room at the same time.
    Dortmunder wrote: »
    With a worried look on her face, Braelani returns to the "laboratory" room, and sets her pack on the desk.

    With Niltsiar looking over her shoulder, she retrieves the runed rosewood box and places it on the desk next to her bag, then pauses.

    "It may be a futile precaution at this point, but can someone close the door?"

    Once the door to the "orb" room has been closed, she carefully pries open the lid of the box and sees...

    Ok, yeah I knew she left to open it, but I wasnt sure if she closed it before Pip fetched the new orb or whether he pulled that out back in the lab room or anything.

    And you see no ooze trail or footprints or signs of apparation or anything.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Well it seems we have what we came for.

    Perhaps it would be best to make our way out of the creepy dungeon now."

    Pip starts back the way they came.

    Dajian on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Hey guys, I just found out (as in, my boss just walked away from telling me about 3 minutes ago) that I'm gonna be manning a booth for my Engineering firm at the UC energy conference tomorrow, so I'm not gonna be able to maek with the posting too much. hopefully I'll be able to hop on at least once in the course of the day, and I'll make sure to get on in the evening, but I don't know how the day will go and just wanted to give you a heads-up. I will make sure to post, if it's warranted, this weekend to compensate.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    My intention was for Braelani to be extremely careful about not having the orbs "see" each other or be out in the open in the same room, so I think we took the necessary precautions.

    Brain is gone...very odd. What about the piece of metal cord that it was attached to. Is it gone also?

    Well, if we have everything, I am !ready to try the other passage.

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok, so far we've got one vote to leave and two to explore the other passage.

    Also, the brain is the only part gone - the jar is still shattered, the arcane goop still on the floor making the tiles slick. It's starting to seep into the cracks between the tiles. The metal cord you severed is also still there.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "We should press on. We have nothing we can return to the king with yet, unless we reveal the presence of these orbs to him."

    Alaen turned to Pip and spoke.

    "Unless you have an alternate suggestion?"

    Arasaki on
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "No Alaen, you are correct. Press on we shall!"

    Dajian on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Heading down the stairs you had passed before, you come into a large, open room. There are tables on the walls with more arcane reagents and tomes like the one above.

    This would be the appropriate time for some checks.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Braelani takes a cursory glance around the room, but lets the others investigate in detail while she stands guard near the middle of the room.
    Looking for any hidden passages / illusory walls
    Perception: 6
    Insight: 14
    1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=14

    All I got :(

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pip moves into the room carefully for once and takes a look around.

    Dajian on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dortmunder wrote: »
    Braelani takes a cursory glance around the room, but lets the others investigate in detail while she stands guard near the middle of the room.
    Looking for any hidden passages / illusory walls
    Perception: 6
    Insight: 14
    1d20+1=6, 1d20+1=14

    All I got :(

    Dungeoneering would also be good down here (this applies to everyone).

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Niltsiar begins to examine the reagents and tomes around the room, looking for anything that would indicate what was going on here.

    ArcSyn on
    OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From her place in the middle of the room, Braelani watches her friends move about the tables examining the contents. For a moment, she thinks she notices something out of the corner of her eye...
    Dungeoneering: 17
    1d20+1=17

    Or was it just a play of the shadows...

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arcana:
    There was a lot of arcane mojo going on here at one point - rituals, alchemy, dark arts, some or all of the above. You suddenly realize that this room feels darker not because of a lack of illumination, but because the ground beneath your feet, in the middle of the room, has been discolored by the ancient blood still caked on it. Glancing over the books and utensils, and noting the runes in the blood, you are sure that this is where some of the brain-jarring was done.

    Dungeoneering:
    There's a grate in the wall/floor under one of the tables.

    Also, just to clarify, this is not a location from a vision.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Braelani walks over to the table and crouches down in front of it.

    "Looks like we're going to get dirty" she says as she peers at a small grate in the floor.

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Braelani:
    As you peer into the grate, you hear voices in your head.
    "Get out!"
    "Leave the seals!"
    "Give your life to the Bound One!"

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh. Okay.

    Braelani stands up, turns around and starts heading for the exit. A few steps later, she stops short and spins around.

    Hey! Wait a second!

    "Something...or someone is trying to convince me to give my life to the Bound One."

    Seeing the blank looks of her friends, she taps a finger to her temple.

    "I think we're getting closer. Down there."

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

    "Shouldnt we explore the other wing before we venture down further? We dont want enemies at our back..."

    psolms on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Other wing? Did I miss something?

    DM: do you have a rough layout of what we've explored so far? Thanks

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    sorry im a drunk.. missed the part about actually going down the stairs. my bad.

    psolms on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alright then - is everyone still here?

    If everyone is !Ready and has no other precautions they wish to take, then I'll try to pry open the grate.

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Pop that sucker open. !ready

    Dajian on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !ready

    Are there any jars that are prepped (filled with liquid) without a brain in them?

    ArcSyn on
    OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !ready

    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    !ready to roll

    psolms on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Alrighty then, Braelani pippity-poperlocks that grate open.

    What does she see?

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dortmunder wrote: »
    Alrighty then, Braelani pippity-poperlocks that grate open.

    What does she see?

    lol nice, but I think our DM is away for the day. We will have to wait until tomorrow to see what lies beneath.

    Dajian on
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dajian wrote: »
    Dortmunder wrote: »
    Alrighty then, Braelani pippity-poperlocks that grate open.

    What does she see?

    lol nice, but I think our DM is away for the day. We will have to wait until tomorrow to see what lies beneath.

    I know - just giving him some homework for tonight :P

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sorry for not posting, work kicked my ass

    Arasaki on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    i know this doesnt time out well, but i wont be on at all tomorrow. 18 hour work day FTL. ill be back saturday.

    psolms on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As Braelani peers into the grate, at first she sees nothing.
    Then, movement.

    Or was it just a spot on her retina? No, it was definitely movement.

    She sees something crawling ever-closer. By the time she sees what it is in the light, it's only a few feet away, and she stumbles back. What one can only assume is the brain from upstairs is hurtling toward her in a thick viscous goop. The fluid, brain floating within, emerges and swells quickly in size, threatening to envelop the curious Eladrin.

    Roll Initiative!

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dajian on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ArcSyn on
    OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Argh - why didn't we squish the brain???!

    Initiative: 21
    1d20+4=21

    Dortmunder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We were brain dead?

    ArcSyn on
    OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Arasaki on
  • DVGDVG Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    psolms on
Sign In or Register to comment.