Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Legacies (Game Thread)

2456723

Posts

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Catching up with Adrik and Sorych, Oren overhears the tail end of the former's reply.

    "If we even make it to the Golden Iris in time. Those scoundrels were paranoid and hasty before you threatened them; I can assure you the first thing they'll do when the coast is clear is put River's Watch to their heels. Besides, this Junah fellow they were worried about, the expedition leader, is staying at the Mayor's household. Should we be heading there instead?"

    Looks like I'm going to take the Silent Hunter background, adding Stealth to my class skill list and swapping Insight training for Stealth training. I think that meshes much better with my character's background; he doesn't spend a lot of time around other people and therefore isn't good at reading their intentions, but he has gotten pretty decent at being stealthy. Plus it'll be more fun to rp, AND it fills a skill hole the group had. Huzzah!

    That adjusts my Passive Perception to 20 and Passive Insight to 14, so adjust accordingly, Mindtaker.

    Rius on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Darrak nods frantically at Trahearn. "Yup! Plans are good. I like plans." Partially because they don't get him thrown out into the street away from his ale. He returns firmly to his seat, and picks up his mug before looking at it distastefully and setting it aside.

    He turns back to Trahearn. "So... uh... what brings ye to this part of the world?", trying to sound nonchalant while keeping an eye on the HELPS group all the while.
    Perception check just in case: 1d20 + 3 → [6,3] = (9)


    Also, what are these 'background' things you're talking about? I missed something.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Catching up with Adrik and Sorych, Oren overhears the tail end of the former's reply.

    "If we even make it to the Golden Iris in time. Those scoundrels were paranoid and hasty before you threatened them; I can assure you the first thing they'll do when the coast is clear is put River's Watch to their heels. Besides, this Junah fellow they were worried about, the expedition leader, is staying at the Mayor's household. Should we be heading there instead?"

    Looks like I'm going to take the Silent Hunter background, adding Stealth to my class skill list and swapping Insight training for Stealth training. I think that meshes much better with my character's background; he doesn't spend a lot of time around other people and therefore isn't good at reading their intentions, but he has gotten pretty decent at being stealthy. Plus it'll be more fun to rp, AND it fills a skill hole the group had. Huzzah!

    That adjusts my Passive Perception to 20 and Passive Insight to 14, so adjust accordingly, Mindtaker.

    "Fair enough, lad. Let's make haste to the Mayor's manor." Adrik starts off in the direction of the Mayor's place as fast as his dwarf legs can take him.

    cytorak on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm gonna assume those of you outside the Crimson Palm have reached the Mayor's place without further argument.

    At the Mayor's:
    When you knock on the door, the Mayor himself (an Elf named Eradan) answers, flinging it open, yelling as he does so.

    "Fin! Your Aunt has been worried sick, where've you --" He sees you and cuts off his welcome, along with the jovial tone it carried. "Who the blazes are you?! What're you doing, bothering the Mayor at this hour?"

    After taking a moment to explain yourselves, that you're looking for Junah to report a couple of thieves, the Mayor's face saddens. "Junah went looking for Fin and his two friends when they missed dinner at the Iris." He sighs. "But I'll go look for Junah and tell him not to worry."

    As you exchange puzzled looks, he claps the dwarf and the gnoll on the back as he turns them back the way you came.

    "Look, I've done the best I know how. When HELPS came to town, I thought it would be perfect. He can learn a skill that isn't a real job, maybe learn some respect for the town's rich history! And if things go well, maybe he'll join them and then he'll be out of my hair. But I guess he's just found a new way to dissappoint. His sister turned out just fine; she runs one of the biggest Inns in town!" He sighs. "Look, go stop my Nephew from getting himself hurt and causing any more trouble, please. If you can do so without making too big a scene, I'll make it well worth your while."

    Oren - Passive Insight: It's obvious that the Mayor thinks one of the thieves is his dear Finneas.

    Inside the Crimson Palm:
    Only a few moments after the rest of your do-gooding friends were ushered out, one of the sailors goes and peeks out the window. He glances around the room suspiciously and then the rest of his table, including the thieving HELPers, slap coins on the table and make hurriedly for the door.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Adrik makes his way back to the Crimson Palm with Sorych and Oren. "Well, lads, any idea on how to confront those HELPers without raising the ire of the Dragon Lady?"
    Is there a back door to this place?

    cytorak on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The back door leads to the kitchen, which is still full of cooks putting out dessert and/or cleaning up for the night. Just as a general point of note, it is getting late; it's after 1 AM.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "What brought me here? Just a seeker of knowledge, friend. Exploring the world, doing my best to uncover the secrets to its dark heart." Trahearn finished his introduction by scratching his neck in as nonchalant a manner as possible. He watches closely as the sailor checks out the window, and even closer as the entire group of men walks off and out of the inn.

    Trahearn taps the shoulder of his gaunt dwarven company, and whispers, "Seems like now would be a good time to make our own exit, eh?"

    He rises from his seat and grabs his backpack, then makes a casual haste towards the exit, nervously clutching his blade's hilt the entire time. The excitement of mystery was something he had been longing for, and it seemed he was getting it in spades this evening.

    EDIT:
    I've made Explorer my background choice, to reflect Trahearn's travels and wanderings across the world. I figured that his History didn't need any more beefing up.

    simonwolf on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    Adrik makes his way back to the Crimson Palm with Sorych and Oren. "Well, lads, any idea on how to confront those HELPers without raising the ire of the Dragon Lady?"

    Sorych scratches behind his ear for a moment before speaking.

    Well, eventually they're going to leave the bar, right? Why not see if we can catch them before they go?

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It took us some time to go to the Mayor's and start heading back to the Crimson Palm, right? Do Trahearn and Darrak (and the thieves, for that matter) need to catch up to us a bit before Adrik and myself go post crazy? If the thieves start to leave the tavern just after we did, I mean.

    Rius on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, we're kind of stuck in two seperate time zones, now - unless the DM calls it that you guys have made it back in time to see them leave, and myself and Darrak follow them out. That might actually be a reasonable idea, come to think of it.

    simonwolf on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's how the time works out:
    The thieves+sailors waited until they were sure you're out of earshot, which took about as long as it took you to reach the mayor's, since you set off right away and they didn't check the window for a few minutes. Then they skulked around the nearby sidestreets for a bit to make sure you all weren't hiding in waiting for them, hoping to turn the tables and get the drop on you, before they left the area via back alley. (obviously, there's no way for you to actually know this, but I'm a generous DM and it doesnt spoil any story and it should save you guys a few questions)

    When you guys go to leave the bar, you don't see the hoodlums anywhere. While you're poking your heads down sidestreets and alleys, Trahearn notices the group that went to the Mayor's house coming back down the cobblestone street further up the hill. Now, theoretically, you should all be within a hundred yards or so of eachother.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    While returning to the Crimson Palm, Oren spots Trahearn and Darrak.

    "Look, there they are... Where are the thieves?"
    I'm guessing that the "bad dudes" for lack of a better term were able to give Trahearn and Darrak the slip, otherwise the latter wouldn't be searching so aimlessly for them. So...

    The two groups quickly catch up to each other, now a few blocks from the tavern. Oren relates the Mayor's tale to Trahearn and Darrak, getting them up to speed on the Mayor's suspicion that his son is one of the thieves. In return, Trahearn mentions that the group left the inn a few minutes ago but slipped out of sight.

    "They're panicked and running, it's clear, but where to? Are they abandoning their plan to steal more valuables as payment for passage on the ship, and instead setting off on foot? Or are they on the way right this minute to rob more treasures? I'm not sure what they're up to, but maybe I can track them."
    I'd like to try a Perception check to find their trail, but I could probably use some help. Maybe some assists in Perception or someone throwing in another kind of check?

    Rius on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    I'd like to try a Perception check to find their trail, but I could probably use some help. Maybe some assists in Perception or someone throwing in another kind of check?
    Perception could work. If someone would like, streetwise might also be of use here. Alternatively, someone with high Insight could try and intuit their likely destination (though the DC vary greatly between those three options).

    Also, it's the Mayor's nephew, not his son. and yes, the crooks have left the immediate vicinity, but you don't know if they're still in town or not.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I rolled all 3 of those, and none of them were over 11, so I'm whistling and cleaning my beard.

    cytorak on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Insight for Darrak: 1d20 + 6 → [19,6] = (25)

    Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head, so take it away, mister GM!

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Insight for Darrak: 1d20 + 6 → [19,6] = (25)

    Can't really think of anything else off the top of my head, so take it away, mister GM!
    Excellent roll.

    INSIGHT: Arkan knows that there are two ways out of town by foot, and one direction takes them past the Golden Iris and back to their camp, so if they had gone on foot, that's their most likely direction. HOWEVER, the fact that they left with the sailors plus they had ruled foot travel to be too risky back before they'd been "made," and you realize that they are most likely headed for the docks.

    PERCEPTION: Between your memories, you're able to piece together a good enough description of the sailors that with a good enough Streetwise roll, you'll know which ship they're from, but regardless, you're sure the docks are your best chance at finding these ne'er-do-wells.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Darrak shakes his head. "Nay, lad. They left with the sailors. If they were leaving on foot, they'd have gone their seperate ways, but if they left with the sailors, I'd wager they're still trying to get a ship. The docks would be a safe bet."

    He's a bit shocked at how fast he went from wanting to avoid people to actively helping them, but shrugs inwardly. Ah, well. Perhaps I've isolated myself for too long.
    As my main in WoW is a dwarf, it's pretty hard for me to imagine them not having the accent they have in that game, so...

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

    "The docks, you think? Yes, I think you're right. Let's make our way there with haste; if we don't spot them outright this late at night, I might be able to describe them to anyone in the area and learn if they've been seen boarding a ship."

    Oren adjusts his pack on his shoulders and sets off at a brisk pace, eager to catch up to the felons. He was never much of the confrontational sort, but a certain undeniable feral urge has begun to influence his actions.
    WoW Dwarves for life!

    Rius on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Adrik shrugs. "Good a plan as any, I guess." He begins his fast waddle toward the docks with his new-found compatriouts.

    cytorak on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Might as well try....
    Streetwise check (1d20-1=11)
    Ah well, Sorych doesn't really understand the streets...

    Sorych follows after Oren who was moving surprisingly fast for someone with such short legs. Though he's been a loner for a while since he lost his pack, he enjoys having a group around him again... though he'd never admit that.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Darrak follows the group in incredibly nondescript fashion.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i'll wait until the last guys flex their streetwisdom, because it'll make a difference in determining where you end up.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darrak, even though you're not trained in it, you should throw out a streetwise check anyway. You're the only one of us with a halfway decent CHA modifier, heh.

    Rius on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    FINE

    Streetwise: 1d20 + 3 → [8,3] = (11)

    EDIT: This would have been more hilarious if I'd taken Jack of All Trades like I was thinking, because then I'd have +5/+6 in practically all of my skill modifiers.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Streetwise: 1d20+5 = 9.

    Trahearn tries his best to not learn about sailors. Or policemen, construction workers, cowboys and native chiefs. He has a very strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy with those areas.

    simonwolf on
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are we waiting on anyone else to throw out a skillcheck?

    Rius on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Are we waiting on anyone else to throw out a skillcheck?
    UEAKCrash, aka Kalim

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Are we waiting on anyone else to throw out a skillcheck?
    UEAKCrash, aka Kalim
    I'm a bit confused as to where I am at this point. I think I may have fallen through a crack.

    I wouldn't have needed to Bluff earlier because I was telling the truth, and I would assume the barmaid would know I am a guard off duty. But, it's fine if I have left with them.

    Streetwise 1d20-1=5

    Hurr!

    Kalim follows the group without saying much, they seem to have accepted his presence. He has gathered that the HELPS team that had the outburst were planning some sort of thievery, which Kalim wouldn't stand for. This group seems noble in there quest, so he is glad for the help.
    Edit: I took Merchant Price, Which allows me to take the language Giant, puts Insight on my class list, and +2 to insight. I switched my training from Endurance to Insight.
    Also, sorry my work schedule can get weird sometimes. I might occasionally post as early as 4:30AM EST or not be able to as late as 5PM EST. I try to check as soon as I can though.

    UEAKCrash on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Edit: I took Merchant Price, Which allows me to take the language Giant, puts Insight on my class list, and +2 to insight. I switched my training from Endurance to Insight.
    Also, sorry my work schedule can get weird sometimes. I might occasionally post as early as 4:30AM EST or not be able to as late as 5PM EST. I try to check as soon as I can though.
    I am still utterly lost as to what you're referring to. Is this a feat or something?

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Edit: I took Merchant Price, Which allows me to take the language Giant, puts Insight on my class list, and +2 to insight. I switched my training from Endurance to Insight.
    Also, sorry my work schedule can get weird sometimes. I might occasionally post as early as 4:30AM EST or not be able to as late as 5PM EST. I try to check as soon as I can though.
    I am still utterly lost as to what you're referring to. Is this a feat or something?
    Backround, as we are allowed to take backrounds from Scales of War

    Do you use the Character Builder? If not, I'd highly recommend it, at least to get started. Demo is free.

    If you are using it, it's the next thing after you select your class. Scroll down past the Forgotten Realms stuff.

    UEAKCrash on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited March 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »
    Edit: I took Merchant Price, Which allows me to take the language Giant, puts Insight on my class list, and +2 to insight. I switched my training from Endurance to Insight.
    Also, sorry my work schedule can get weird sometimes. I might occasionally post as early as 4:30AM EST or not be able to as late as 5PM EST. I try to check as soon as I can though.
    I am still utterly lost as to what you're referring to. Is this a feat or something?
    Backround, as we are allowed to take backrounds from Scales of War

    Do you use the Character Builder? If not, I'd highly recommend it, at least to get started. Demo is free.

    If you are using it, it's the next thing after you select your class. Scroll down past the Forgotten Realms stuff.
    Gah, I'm at college for another 5 hours. Don't suppose you could link that so when I get back I can get it set up right away?

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Arkan wrote: »
    Edit: I took Merchant Price, Which allows me to take the language Giant, puts Insight on my class list, and +2 to insight. I switched my training from Endurance to Insight.
    Also, sorry my work schedule can get weird sometimes. I might occasionally post as early as 4:30AM EST or not be able to as late as 5PM EST. I try to check as soon as I can though.
    I am still utterly lost as to what you're referring to. Is this a feat or something?
    Backround, as we are allowed to take backrounds from Scales of War

    Do you use the Character Builder? If not, I'd highly recommend it, at least to get started. Demo is free.

    If you are using it, it's the next thing after you select your class. Scroll down past the Forgotten Realms stuff.
    Gah, I'm at college for another 5 hours. Don't suppose you could link that so when I get back I can get it set up right away?
    Not a problem, it was literally 3 clicks away for me.

    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/insider/characterbuilder

    UEAKCrash on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Doh! I never chose a background for myself either... I'll do that when I get home today.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to switch my feat from Powerful Charge to Elemental Assault.
    Elemental Assault

    Heroic Tier
    Prerequisite: Genasi, swordmage with aegis of assault
    Benefit: When you make a melee basic attack granted by your aegis of assault, you gain a +3 bonus to damage of a type based on your current elemental manifestation.

    Watersoul: Acid

    UEAKCrash on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well poop, no one beat the DC on that streetwise check

    You head down to the docks and, finding no one willing to help you identify the sailors' vessel, begin looking around on your own.
    Let me know where you want to check/whatcha wanna do: just searching random ships, ask around the Cheeky Friar, hold a stakeout (which is actually skill challenge, I warn you right now, involving endurance, perception, stealth, and male bonding), or do something I haven't even remotely considered yet?

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well poop, no one beat the DC on that streetwise check

    You head down to the docks and, finding no one willing to help you identify the sailors' vessel, begin looking around on your own.
    Let me know where you want to check/whatcha wanna do: just searching random ships, ask around the Cheeky Friar, hold a stakeout (which is actually skill challenge, I warn you right now, involving endurance, perception, stealth, and male bonding), or do something I haven't even remotely considered yet?
    I change my insight back to endurance and op for the stake out.
    Kidding.:lol:

    Kalim looks around the docks frustrated. He pauses briefly to take in the whole scene. The lapping of the water in the silence of the night.

    "Hmmm... I'm going to pick that one, gents." Kalim states while pointing at a random ship and then walking towards it.
    Randomocity Check 1d20=17
    Apply this how you wish. Kalim is just walking towards a random ship, hoping to guess right. You guys are free to stay behind, he's going to scout.

    UEAKCrash on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Randomocity Check 1d20=17
    Apply this how you wish. Kalim is just walking towards a random ship, hoping to guess right. You guys are free to stay behind, he's going to scout.
    See, had you just said: "I go to a random ship," I would have rolled a d20 to pick which one you went to. Thanks for doing my job for me. I'll have the result of that up...soonish. I will try to wait for everyone else before i spring anything on you all.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Randomocity Check 1d20=17
    Apply this how you wish. Kalim is just walking towards a random ship, hoping to guess right. You guys are free to stay behind, he's going to scout.
    See, had you just said: "I go to a random ship," I would have rolled a d20 to pick which one you went to. Thanks for doing my job for me. I'll have the result of that up...soonish. I will try to wait for everyone else before i spring anything on you all.
    Heh, sorry, I DM a lot more than I play, so I figured that'd be how it would end up working.

    UEAKCrash on
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Frustrated at the trail grown cold, Oren pauses for a moment to examine the surroundings and think of options.
    Is there a harbormaster we could check with to find out if there are any ships scheduled to leave soon? Perhaps ones that are willing/able to take on passengers, perhaps ships that have unsavory reputations? If not, or if that was already covered under our failed streetwise checks, then I am up for a stakeout. Perception and Stealth, right up my alley. But only if I get to be Mel Gibson! Or, failing that, Joe Pesci.

    Rius on
Sign In or Register to comment.