Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Legacies (Game Thread)

1171819202123»

Posts

  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok, so, going up the mountain, things are quiet for awhile. Maybe a little too quiet.
    It's Raph!
    Mikey: Yeah, maybe a little too Raph.
    After a couple hours (it's late afternoon now, just as a reference) you feel a sudden tremor. The mountain above you begins to toss rocks down its side.

    Adrik and Oren each are knocked off their feet and pelted by debris (they lose a healing surge) while the others narrowly sidestep and avoid any real damage.

    You continue making your way up the path. Eventually you come to a series of windows and a large door in the mountain face. There are rocks strewn about the path. You don't see any guards but you hear occasional signs of commotion from within.
    As I told Legends Lost, I got laid off Friday so my posting is likely to be a bit irregular this week. I'll be sure to get in at least one a day, I'll try my best to get more in tomorrow because I got a lot of leg work in today, a couple interviews lined up, so no worries. Thanks for understanding.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    I'm sorry, TMT. That's not easy to go through. It's good you got the interviews. I hope you find something quick.

    Sorych keeps his eyes open and ears listening for anything out of the ordinary before opening the door.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oren stays a ways down the path, not able to hear or see much of what's going on inside through the windows.
    And I rolled for perception but once again rolled below my passive. Sorry to hear about your job, TMT, I hope you find something new very soon.

    Rius on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Thanks guys.
    Sorych hears something and steps around one of the rocks that had fallen around the entryway to find what, judging by his clothes, looks to be another bandit. He is pinned under the stone by his right leg and moaning in pain.

    When he sees you, he looks nervously from the stone to you before his eyes turn pleading and he says something in a language with which none of you are familiar.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kalim, ignoring anything the man pinned is trying to get across, begins searching him, emptying out his pockets and feeling for any hidden stashes.
    Perception 1d20+6=21
    Basically patting him down, and checking what he has on him.

    UEAKCrash on
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Darrak groans. "Oh, come on, you can't even say 'good day' before gettin' all... kleptimocinal?" he asks Kalim, seriously garbling 'kleptomaniacal' in the process.

    He turns to the bandit and waves to get his attention. "Oi. Can you understand me?" he asks, pauses, then repeats the question in Dwarven just to be sure. Meanwhile, he scans the surrounding area- something seems off - why haven't any of the other bandits come out to help their ally? Wouldn't they have heard the noise?

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oren stares in shock at the unfolding scene, exclaiming,

    "Enemy or not, I think that's a little much, Kalim. If we can get that rock off of him, I might be able to split his leg or something."

    Oren notices Darrak looking around and spares a few moments to do the same before taking a closer look at the rock, wondering if it can be safely shifted at all.
    Perception (1d20+11=14) My IC luck has taken a turn for the worse lately.

    If we can get that rock off of him, I'd like to do a Heal check somehow to see if I can patch this guy up. Maybe he'll feel grateful and call off the INEVITABLE AMBUSH!!!1111

    Rius on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Sorych pulls his trusty axe from his belt and stares at the man, allowing a small laugh as Kalim begins his search.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kalim scoffs, "Well it's not like I'm trying to steal the wedding ring off his finger, I'm trying to gather information. What if this man is carrying one of those stones? Hmm? I'd like to find out sooner than later."

    Kalim goes back to his search and mumbles, "plus, if he has any gold..."

    UEAKCrash on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    If we have 10 minutes, I can do the Comprehend Language ritual. Yea/nay?

    cytorak on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    If we have 10 minutes, I can do the Comprehend Language ritual. Yea/nay?

    He's not going anywhere, so feel free.

    All you find on the fellow is his weapon (a longsword) and a few coins, hardly even walking around money (5 silver). He's trying to paw your hands away from him as you search, even reaching for the sword, but he's weak and you easily deflect his hands.

    Darrak intuits that the man seems to be genuinely pleading for some assistance, seeing as how there is a boulder on his leg.

    Oren does note that the rock doesn't appear to be pinned down by any other debris, and it only appears to be on the fellow's lower extremities, so moving it looks to be safe. However, it is quite large so it will take some serious muscle (athletics checks).

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Adrik draws a circle in the dirt and sprinkles various dusts and liquids around his creation.

    "Let's see what this fool has to say..."
    Arcana for Ritual (1d20+7=17)

    Blech. I need assistance from the 4 next highest Arcana rolls among you lot, I think.

    cytorak on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Guess I can try to assist but Sorych isn't too keen on magic and doesn't understand it.

    Sorych tries to help Adrik by following whatever directions he's given. However, it's obvious that he has never done this before.
    Assist on arcana (1d20+1=11)
    Hehe, not sure if that's even enough to help... Oh well, I tried.

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    robp85 wrote: »
    Assist on arcana (1d20+1=11)
    Hehe, not sure if that's even enough to help... Oh well, I tried.
    Yep. All we need is a 10 or better to give my roll a +2.

    3 more of you dudes, step it up! ;-)

    cytorak on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    robp85 wrote: »
    Assist on arcana (1d20+1=11)
    Hehe, not sure if that's even enough to help... Oh well, I tried.
    Yep. All we need is a 10 or better to give my roll a +2.

    3 more of you dudes, step it up! ;-)

    Sweet. Just enough, then. Haha!

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oren is wandering around Adrik's scribed circle when he notices a part of the symmetry that looks off.

    "Hey, Adrik, does that line need to connect here instead of there?"

    Rius on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Themindtaker:
    That brings us to 21 on the Ritual check. No way to get to 35 so I can speak his jibber-jabber, but is that enough to understand him?

    cytorak on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    From what you can remember him saying:

    "Stop this lunatic! (to Kalim: "I'll kill you!") please, what are you doing with that circle? save me. I'm bleeding. My leg is crushed."

    What he's saying now:

    "Please. Help me."

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "Alright, I've had enough of this. Whoever this guy is, he doesn't deserve to lie here crushed by a rock."

    Oren moves over to the boulder and tries to find a place to shove it off the man's leg without making things worse. Unfortunately, he slips on some of the man's blood and doesn't accomplish too much.

    Rius on
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Sorych watches as Oren tries to move the boulder.

    "Are we really going to release him? Who knows what tricks they may have up their sleeves," Sorych says. He keeps his hands on the axe staring at the pinned down enemy. "If we really are going to release him, maybe I can help but I can't say I trust this guy."

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Exasperated, Oren stops pushing on the boulder and turns to face Sorych.

    "Remember what that elf said, back when we were in the council chamber? Imagine how you'd feel if your land dried up in an unending drought? What if the only way you could stay alive, keep your family alive, was to join up with this Connor?"

    Turning back to the rock, he resumes his ineffectual shoving at it.

    " And not everyone has strong enough willpower to always do what's right. This man probably doesn't deserve your ire... and if this is some sort of trap, well, you can kill him first. He's not going anywhere anyway without help."

    Rius on
  • cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Adrik nods. "Oren's right. Kalim, stop rifling through his stuff and give us a hand, if you would be so kind."

    The dwarf puts a shoulder to the boulder and tries to push it off the injured man. Wheezing and breathing heavily, the follower of Kord manages to put a little pepper on his rock-pushing skills.

    cytorak on
  • ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It will take 3 DC 15 Athletics successes to lift the stone.

    Themindtaker on
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Once a terrifying monarch, now my tiny arms can only twitch uselessly as I look skyward, awaiting the cataclysm.
  • robp85robp85 Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Sorych sighs. "Alright, fine." He puts his axe back on his belt and walks over to help. He puts his shoulder to the boulder and with incredible strength begins to push against it.

    "Just a little more and we should have it," Sorych grunts implicitly asking for assistance from the rest of the group.
    Athletics check on boulder: 29
    So close to a crit. This'll do, though :)

    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • ArkanArkan Registered User
    edited May 2009
    Darrak sighs, gets his hands around the stone, lifts, loses his grip, overcompensates, and falls over backwards.

    Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kalims lightly paws the exhausted mans hands away from him, finishes up his search and stands back up, pocketing his meager silver quickly and discreetly. He stands tall over the man and frowns. He looks at the boulder, and back to the man. Boulder, man, boulder, man...

    "Nyeeeehhhhh... I'll give it a shot."
    Stealth 1d20+1=20 to pocket the silver without anyone noticing.

    Athletics 1d20+9=13 Dicks!
    Can I take 10? :mrgreen:

    UEAKCrash on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf there was a silence you took to mean somethingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Trahearn watches the party struggling to move the boulder that is pinning the strange man. He begins weighing his various options. On one hand, the man is clearly a bandit who would try to kill the party under any other circumstance. On the other hand, this is one of those good deeds that they taught little Eladrin in their early schooling. What to do, what to do..

    "<We could always save him and tie him up after,>" Nido chimes in, "<Remember the words of Storm Ghaele Elvahandra, boss - dead men's tongues are too worm-eaten to tell tales.>"

    Biting his lip, Trahearn nods. He rolls up his sleeves, then charges at the boulder. His momentum is the final bit of push the group needed, and the rock rolls off the man. Raising a fist to the sky, Trahearn announces, "I eat bones and shit ghosts!"

    simonwolf on
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Holding pattern bump.

    Hope you're doing ok, TMT!

    Rius on
Sign In or Register to comment.