As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tomorrow, Miyamoto-san dies.

SexygamermanSexygamerman __BANNED USERS regular
edited March 2009 in Games and Technology
What would you do if Miyamoto died tomorrow?

Would you grieve? Would you pay your respects to his memory in some way? Would you be a little concerned about the future of Nintendo or would you remain optimistic? Would you think nothing of it?

How would you react?

2293p.jpg

Sexygamerman on

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I probably would go "Oh that sucks" and move on. I'm not really a nintendo fanboy. He is a cool guy but...it isn't like i personally know him, or he like, saved the lives of orphan children or something universally important. He just makes games.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    *Slowly dials 911*

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is a very strange post.

JohnDoe on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, it would be sad, obviously, but it's not like he cranks out games on his own these days. He works with a big team of talented people and more often than not, he merely supervises things.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Masturbate to a photo of him, m i rite?

Did someone forget to tell me it was dumb thread day today? Because if it is, I'll get in on the action and make a thread about which ginger haired videogame character is everyone's favourite.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would create the Miyamoto Retrospective Thread in G&T. We'd reminisce about some amazing games that he's had a hand in, his history at Nintendo, etc. It would probably get to about 80 pages or so, probably wouldn't necessitate the need for a second thread.

So to answer the question I'd be saddened just as I'm saddened by the loss of any artist or visionary, but my life would go pretty much like normal.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited March 2009
    Oh, and no i don't want to join your circle jerk.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lets see... oh yeah, I woudnt give a shit.

And I sure as fuck woudnt refer to him as "Miyamoto-San"

CanisAquilus on
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    asking the tough questions that need to be asked

Iriah on
    edited March 2009
    Unco-ordinated, I know you were joking but I now anxiously await your thread.

UnbreakableVow on
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ur so hardcore

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok guys, how about this - what if Microsoft EXPLODED

Graviija on
    edited March 2009
    i think i would get sad if Bruce Campbell died tomorrow.
    bruce_campbell_ash.jpg

Elimination on
  • SexygamermanSexygamerman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

Did someone forget to tell me it was dumb thread day today? Because if it is, I'll get in on the action and make a thread about which ginger haired videogame character is everyone's favourite.

If this topic doesn't meet your high expectations, I apologize. Be aware though, I personally don't post in other people's threads to criticize the thread starter (some people might refer to it as threadshitting). In fact, I avoid topics that don't appeal to me.

Everyone should feel free to criticize. But I would suggest making an effort at being polite.

It's only good manners.

Sexygamerman on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i think i would get sad if Bruce Campbell died tomorrow.
    bruce_campbell_ash.jpg

Don't even joke.
    :|

Rizzi on
    edited March 2009
    UnbreakableVow on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The guy who made Game Boy died and the DS is around, the guy who made Space War died and shooters are still around.

I don't know if you need a large group of people to agree on it being sad or anything. A better post would have been "Influential game designers" or something like that, not this tabloid "what if" stuff.

Waka Laka on
  • CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    ur so hardcore

I'm highly allergic to weaboo faggotry what can I say.

Edit:

Oh wow. Wow.

CanisAquilus on
  • JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did anyone else automatically hear Shawn Elliots Heroes of the Web voice when reading the op?

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would be very sad. He had a part in many awesome games.

The thread title sounds like you are planning an assassination attempt.

Rotam on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys, what if I report this thread and then notify the authorities?

Viscountalpha on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

If this topic doesn't meet your high expectations, I apologize. Be aware though, I personally don't post in other people's threads to criticize the thread starter (some people might refer to it as threadshitting). In fact, I avoid topics that don't appeal to me.

Everyone should feel free to criticize. But I would suggest making an effort at being polite.

It's only good manners.

Hey man, I didn't just take a shit on your bridge because it made me feel good (and it did feel pretty good), I did it in the interests of the public. I know it must stink under there but hey, when you're a troll, you just have to roll with (or in) that shit.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's only good manners.

Try to suck less, because you suck.

Viscountalpha on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    ur so hardcore

I'm highly allergic to weaboo faggotry what can I say.

Edit:

Oh wow. Wow.
    The funny part is that he's been registered since late '06 and posting since early '07 and the measure of his progress is the shift from "hideously offensive" to "relatively unsettling."

Seriously guy, the new thread button? Not your friend. I say this as a concerned citizen.

Monger on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This thread reminds me of something you'd find in the gametrailers forums.

Waka Laka on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would grieve for anyone that actually grieved.

PolloDiablo on
    edited March 2009
    I would grieve for anyone that actually grieved.

I dunno, That sounds like too much work.

Viscountalpha on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sans miyamoto-san

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    edited March 2009

It's only good manners.

coming from the guy who made a racist post bout RE5 this rebuttal means very little. I also think it is impolite to masturbate on someones photograph.

Elimination on
  • McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He would have the biggest funeral ceremony in the world, with Mario in a black suit crying over his grave.

The fan service for his funeral would be extraordinary.

McAllen on
    edited March 2009
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    sans miyamoto-san

I like this post

Iriah on
  • MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's only good manners.
    A thousand apologies, Sexygamerman-senpai.

Mumblyfish on
  • RookRook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anyone else immediately start reading this in the Shawn Elliot nerd voice?

Rook on
    edited March 2009
    I didn't because I don't know or remember what Shawn Elliot (or his nerd voice) sounds like.

Iriah on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd cry publically and send flowers for the loss of the people's gamer.

Leitner on
  • RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Someone ban this tool. Please.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd shave my head in mourning, scream in agony in public, and turn to a life of crime. I'd just go around shooting everyone while shouting "Itsa me, a murderer."

Just because an influential person dies, it doesn't mean the world ends. Sure, we'd all probably be sad, but no one is going to go shit fuck crazy because someone we only know through their creations has died.

Sir Platypus on
  • KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd shave my head in mourning, scream in agony in public, and turn to a life of crime. I'd just go around shooting everyone while shouting "Itsa me, a murderer."

Oh... I'd join you. But instead of shooting people, I'd just shove people to the ground and jump on their heads.

I doubt I would even be bothered if he died... My comment would most likely be "Oh... I think I read a thread yesterday on how he was going to die today."

Kylogue on
    360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    What would you do if Miyamoto died tomorrow?

That's it. I'm revoking your thread creation permissions.

Which means that you'll stop posting, since you do nothing but spout out a silly brainfart of a thread and then never participate in it.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.