Options

Holy shit there's a new iPod!

245

Posts

  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have a 5th generation video that I don't see any reason to replace. I also got a free itouch when I bought my labtop from the school's computer depot

    Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    t lostwords: supposedly the PSP2 is gonna finally get rid of the UMD drive.

    thats a pretty cool idea, but man, i hope you can still play psp games on it, through download or something. i'm one of the few suckers that actually buys games for their psp. side note: phantasy star psp is awesome

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    It is a shuffle no one cares
    it made me happy to read this because after skimming page one my post in my head was "does anyone care what is done to the shuffle still?"

    babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    t lostwords: supposedly the PSP2 is gonna finally get rid of the UMD drive.

    thats a pretty cool idea, but man, i hope you can still play psp games on it, through download or something. i'm one of the few suckers that actually buys games for their psp. side note: phantasy star psp is awesome

    I don't have a PSP and this is kind of weirding me to read

    "I hope my game machine will be able to play games"

    Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have a psp but haven't played it for a looooong time

    Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The other day my mac whore friend saw me with my ipod, he asked me what size it was, I said it was a 60gig one, he laughed in my face stating that his ipod had 120gig and was thinner.

    Like seriously. He hasn't even filled out 20gig, what a douche.

    This is also the kind of guy that proclaims macs are the only computers for designers etc. etc.

    Coreo on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Davoid wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    t lostwords: supposedly the PSP2 is gonna finally get rid of the UMD drive.

    thats a pretty cool idea, but man, i hope you can still play psp games on it, through download or something. i'm one of the few suckers that actually buys games for their psp. side note: phantasy star psp is awesome

    I don't have a PSP and this is kind of weirding me to read

    "I hope my game machine will be able to play games"

    well, to be honest, i've used my psp loads more for watching movies than for actual game playing. i just expect everythign now to have backward compatibility to at least a generation back, if it is a generation change and not a "oh hai, more ramz and bigger screen and tinier" change

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Macs are for designers

    Robcham on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Coreo wrote: »
    The other day my mac whore friend saw me with my ipod, he asked me what size it was, I said it was a 60gig one, he laughed in my face stating that his ipod had 120gig and was thinner.

    Like seriously. He hasn't even filled out 20gig, what a douche.

    This is also the kind of guy that proclaims macs are the only computers for designers etc. etc.
    maybe you should kick him in the nuts and steal his ipod

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah but he basically treats other designers/people in general inferior because they don't have a mac to design with or that they wont get a job because they don't have one.

    I don't gots the money ok.

    Coreo on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's one of the really, really cool concept designs for the PSP 2
    pspbig.jpg

    Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    daaaang, i would buy the shit outta that. but oh my god, the finger smudges would be awful

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Coreo wrote: »
    Yeah but he basically treats other designers/people in general inferior because they don't have a mac to design with or that they wont get a job because they don't have one.

    I don't gots the money ok.

    Well, are his designs good?

    Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    holy shit

    Robcham on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That looks like it would be impossibly uncomfortable to hold. Using the nubs at the bottom with your thumbs while still holding the whole thing? I don't think that would be feasible.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    Coreo wrote: »
    The other day my mac whore friend saw me with my ipod, he asked me what size it was, I said it was a 60gig one, he laughed in my face stating that his ipod had 120gig and was thinner.

    Like seriously. He hasn't even filled out 20gig, what a douche.

    This is also the kind of guy that proclaims macs are the only computers for designers etc. etc.
    maybe you should kick him in the nuts and steal his ipod

    i found the problem

    redfenix on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    YOU'RE impossibly uncomfortable to hold

    8-)

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Davoid wrote: »
    Coreo wrote: »
    Yeah but he basically treats other designers/people in general inferior because they don't have a mac to design with or that they wont get a job because they don't have one.

    I don't gots the money ok.

    Well, are his designs good?

    His designs are good, but I wouldn't say they're good because he has a mac.

    Coreo on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Coreo wrote: »
    Davoid wrote: »
    Coreo wrote: »
    Yeah but he basically treats other designers/people in general inferior because they don't have a mac to design with or that they wont get a job because they don't have one.

    I don't gots the money ok.

    Well, are his designs good?

    His designs are good, but I wouldn't say they're good because he has a mac.

    Well, what I'm getting at is, just make better designs then him

    Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    everyone is impossible uncomfortable to hold

    Robcham on
  • Options
    CoreoCoreo Sydney AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Heh, will do.

    Coreo on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hate Apple and their stupid yearly redesigns so much

    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    YOU'RE impossibly uncomfortable to hold

    8-)

    :cry:

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hate Apple and their stupid yearly redesigns so much

    I agree to some extent. The new Mac or iPod generations usually have some pretty nifty new features, and some new features that are just there because they had a novelty quota to meet. This one though? Everything aside from the storage boost and maybe the multi-playlist feature is a complete waste of time.

    Butler on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I have a 2g nano. I like it okay. I don't think I would buy a shuffle. If I want an mp3 player with no screen I will buy a $20 one at radio shack and not pay apple taxes nor pay for functions that I think are stupid like not being able to use your own headphones.

    When my fiance wanted a shuffed for the gym I bought her a Creative Zen Stone. It cost half the price of the 1gb ipod Shuffle and came with double the storage space. then I bought some decent headphones and an armband thing to hold it in place and the total cost was still less than the ipod.

    This is more or less what I am planning to do when my nano dies. It's going to have to die in a pretty spectacular way, though. I use it almost exclusively in the car so I don't really care about battery life since I can just plug it in. I will likely get whatever is the cheapest player that has over 20gigs of space and I really don't care about video or anything.

    Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
  • Options
    SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    Here's one of the really, really cool concept designs for the PSP 2
    PIC

    Nintendo got it right this current generation. Clam shell so you don't scratch/smudge the shit out of the screen.

    Sicarii on
    gotsig.jpg
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I got a new nano because they didn't have mine in the old style

    and when i turn it sideways it lists all the albums and won't let me use other menu bits because it feels fit to remind me of the albums i have on there, which i put on there in the first place!

    how do i get rid of this

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I look forward to hearing this voiceover technology mangle song names

    Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have a 2g nano. I like it okay. I don't think I would buy a shuffle. If I want an mp3 player with no screen I will buy a $20 one at radio shack and not pay apple taxes nor pay for functions that I think are stupid like not being able to use your own headphones.

    When my fiance wanted a shuffed for the gym I bought her a Creative Zen Stone. It cost half the price of the 1gb ipod Shuffle and came with double the storage space. then I bought some decent headphones and an armband thing to hold it in place and the total cost was still less than the ipod.

    This is more or less what I am planning to do when my nano dies. It's going to have to die in a pretty spectacular way, though. I use it almost exclusively in the car so I don't really care about battery life since I can just plug it in. I will likely get whatever is the cheapest player that has over 20gigs of space and I really don't care about video or anything.

    That's what I did about my 30gb video. It started making this godawful grinding noise and it eventually my computer couldn't even format it.

    Now I have one of the new 16gb nanos and I'm enjoying it, but I'm having the same problem as Meiss. Any ideas on how to fix that?

    Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think it's even a problem, it's an actual feature. But it bugs the shit out of me.

    Meissnerd on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    Check it out you guys!

    I love how it's half as wide but twice as tall as the old one! Apple has redefined "smaller"!

    I also love how the controls are now on the earphone cable so you can't use your old third-party buds, and how all navigation through the stored music is conducted with varying intervals of clicks of a single button! Just like morse code! I mean I thought my $400 Oakleys aviator shades were as retro as it got but Apple sure showed me!

    I just bought one and I was so excited about taking it to Starbucks to show it off I got hit by a bus! It fucking hurt! Thanks Apple!

    Oakley make aviator shades?

    Damn, lemme go google this shit.

    Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I look forward to hearing this voiceover technology mangle song names

    D-J Ass-ult: ASS and Titt-ees

    Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    You can pause and skip forward, but not back. At least, they didn't show that in the demo video.

    Triple click will probably skip back. That's how it works on my iPhone anyway. One click pause, double click skip forward, triple click skip back.

    I use that shit all the time. Taking your audio player out of your pocket is so fucking pedestrian.

    Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    why the hell do we need so many ipods?

    Variety is the spice of life.

    GRMike on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I believe that all our electronics should be consolidated on our wrists

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    man, mysst, wristwatch calculators have never been cool

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    fucking dick tracy motherfucker.

    you gonna talk shit on dick fucking tracy?

    Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    man, mysst, wristwatch calculators have never been cool

    I can't see him right now, but I know he is seething. seething.

    GRMike on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    It is a shuffle no one cares

    The shuffle is incredibly successful so a lot of people care about it actually. They've sold more than 10 million of the things.

    to 10 million fags

    I don't see what your point is. Do you think Apple differentiates between fags and everyone else when it makes a sale? It's all money to them.

    Scarab stop taking this thread seriously

    don't you know how it's done

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    all electronics should be built into hats. inspector gadget's hat is a good template

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
Sign In or Register to comment.