As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OMNOMNOM on] Dawn of War 2: Realistic Nids!

• Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    do any of you actually think the Venerable dreadnought is worth it?

I want to love it, but it's so poor. Does it even get a ranged option?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    While we're mentioning the mekboy can we talk about how terrible the Techmarine is too? Cause I mean damn... he makes the mekboy look pretty freaking amazing.

Tech marine seems really bad because the other marine options are really good. Probably too good? Force Commander seems overpowered in my gut. Maybe it's just he halo. Apoth is probably where he should be.

Furthermore, the tech marine is often pigeonholed into very specific gear. His bionics armor is worthless. It's ability is just trash. It needs more radius and damage. His mine armor is okay, but the mines cost an excessive amount (65?) on an already power starved guy. Signum armor is great! Versatile and powerful. It's the only one worth taking, and so you only see it. Likewise, his energy-sheild is terrible because you need power for all of your abilities. That, and it completely pales in comparison to the orb of the omnissai. A good fix for it would be that it increases his energy regeneration passively. Perhaps doubling it?

All of his guns are pretty bad. They're not very noticable DPS increases. The plasma one is probably worse unless it's power is active. Then it's quite powerful, but a power hog. Likewise, his consecrated bolter is the worst power hog around for a very limited but powerful aura. Finally, the master crafted bolter, my bolter of choice, has some useful utility, but I can't really notice an increase in his damage output.

So, you have one good armor, one good accessory (out of two for some reason...), and three par weapons. He's just too restricted right now, although powerful in his own ways.

This is just it right here. His weapons really don't add to much to him or change the way he plays. One armor is only really worth it, and he only has two accessory options? Really? On a class like the techmarine? It seems like he should get more then some nades (which are pretty good admittedly) and a shield. He just seems so.... lacking in terms of versatility and use much of the time.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »

No ranged option... it dies pretty quick too considering its usually a big and shiny and screams SHOOT ME FIRST.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    they need to make it much cheaper or give it better stuff

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I find the most useful thing about the Venerable Dreadnought is the Drop Pod it comes in! :D

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TheGerbil wrote: »

No ranged option... it dies pretty quick too considering its usually a big and shiny and screams SHOOT ME FIRST.

I dunno, it can charge range guys (though you have to make sure it doesn't get stuck on anything...) and still have the energy to do the AoE... which unlike the standard dread (I think) stuns as well as knocks back.

Not saying it's better than termies, but if your opponent has an noted lack of AV...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Standard Dread stuns and knocks back, too.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah you only really seem to get the charge as a bonus

which is not worth 750 zeal and 750 req

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    50 less zeal and 150 more req you get a far better unit

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just get Assault Termies. They so bad ass.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I actually like the regular terminators better. Their regular guns hurt infantry pretty well and you can give them the cyclone launcher to nuke vehicles/infantry blobs from a screen away

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Heavy Flamer is shit.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah it seems very lacklustre

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah you only really seem to get the charge as a bonus

which is not worth 750 zeal and 750 req

It's supposed to buff units around it everytime it scores a kill. Which is really odd considering it is a melee unit and the techmarine's armies tend to be ranged...

I never use it. It's buff would have to be like combat stims on all nearby units for me to consider it

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I dunno, the ability it gives you can annihilate any melee blob as long as you don't get knocked down. Which is pretty hard too do to a Terminator FC.

EDIT: In regards to the heavy flamer that is.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So we just played a game where my Mekboy broke and couldn't use jump or mines. Having the Deffgun without teleport is the worst thing ever.

I think it's time to go back to Warboss.

rts on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Maybe it heard you talking shit about it, Cake.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the Mekboy is good, I just think his weapon upgrades are shit. But I don't know if the glitch where you can't use your abilities affects all heroes...if it does then fuck...but if it only affects Mekboy I definitely do not want to be playing him.

I honestly did not know his heal ability worked on vehicles though...that is interesting.

rts on
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Akira wrote: »
    It's a neat build, and I was discussing it with someone the other day. Kind of turns your FC into a support commander, the Defend ability is actually pretty strong but the main problem is until T3 when the Standard unlocks it is pretty limited. Though if you really wanted to be an asshole you could do Chainsword and Storm Shield + Artificer Armor + Iron Halo and basically be completely unkillable. It's all T1 too.
    You told me it was worthless, you prick.

I said it wasn't worth using, not worthless. There is a difference.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just won a match with 2 friends on my team, and as soon as the rank 22 'nid ravener player lost he said, "Of course another fucking premade."

I'm assuming that premade = a linked team? If that's true, really? People complain about that?

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    It's a neat build, and I was discussing it with someone the other day. Kind of turns your FC into a support commander, the Defend ability is actually pretty strong but the main problem is until T3 when the Standard unlocks it is pretty limited. Though if you really wanted to be an asshole you could do Chainsword and Storm Shield + Artificer Armor + Iron Halo and basically be completely unkillable. It's all T1 too.
    You told me it was worthless, you prick.

I said it wasn't worth using, not worthless. There is a difference.
    Sound the same to me.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Evigilant wrote: »
    I just won a match with 2 friends on my team, and as soon as the rank 22 'nid ravener player lost he said, "Of course another fucking premade."

I'm assuming that premade = a linked team? If that's true, really? People complain about that?

Geez fucking WoW is an infection. That's a term WoW kids use when they have to PvP against a group of friends.

Of course in an RTS it's just standard practice. Who pugs RTS multiplayer?

Drool on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That ravener, apparently. I pug'd in the beta, but now I just join vent to play 3v3. It's a much more enjoyable and reliable experience.

Great inhouse game today, thought I'd post it. I tried a new warp spider gear build and It worked out very well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D1RT8JI

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That ravener, apparently. I pug'd in the beta, but now I just join vent to play 3v3. It's a much more enjoyable and reliable experience.

Great inhouse game today, thought I'd post it. I tried a new warp spider gear build and It worked out very well.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2D1RT8JI

I can never seem to find enough people in vent. Everyone either has a group or 10 people are all in one channel and can't figure out who is playing with who.

Shade on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Huh. Apparently my clicks didn't go through when my Warriors didn't upgrade. At moments where I would use my power to get adrenal glands and strangers respectively, my power didn't go down : /

Blargh.

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I should get in on some of that sweet inhouse stuff

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I would like to make an apology to anyone who played a game with me this week.

I am at home, and so the internet is total shit, and I had forgotten that the internet at home is total shit.

It will be better when I return to my apartment tomorrow. I swear.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Apology not accepted you filthy sonofabitch.

Drool on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The vent server is suspiciously empty compared to yesterday

Where is everybody?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    TraikanTraikan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thursday is the day when everyone realizes everything must be finished by Friday and they have yet to work on any of it.

In other news, I hope to break my DoW II fast this weekend.

Traikan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I usually go in, not recognize anyones name, and leave again.

I dont like meeting new people. :(

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Traikan wrote: »
    Thursday is the day when everyone realizes everything must be finished by Friday and they have yet to work on any of it.

In other news, I hope to break my DoW II fast this weekend.

I am breaking my fast so hard when I finish finals next week.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    DeadOnArrivalDeadOnArrival Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

They don't like meeting you.

Also:

Lol Nerf SM

DeadOnArrival on
    2zz3vp4.jpg
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Maybe there will be more than 4 SM in the top 50 now.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Also:

Lol Nerf SM

They need to include the part where he loses for building scout/dev/scout/dev. Wehrmacht and US compared very much the same way. By the time your 4th rifle was out your income was shot to like 210-220 req from 300. Wehrmacht would still be about 280-300.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fuck Space Marines.

Ravener 4L

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Also:

Lol Nerf SM

Holy shit.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kinder let's 1v1 tonight.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay. But you have to bring me a sacrifice.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    They also forget the part where Relic employees have said that it's not a buff in any way because they had to scramble the data around to make it work.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]