As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hope & Hate (Ghostcrawler promised me a pony!)

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He did, I'm not sure why. It was from the emblems vendor and not one from WG, if that makes a difference.

riz on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Hatesquared: You can't runeforge heirloom weapons D:

Yeah a guy in my guild had a GM refund his tokens when he realized that. I wonder if they're changing it in 3.1? I mean because they're changing the ability to enchant them, just that if you're too low level for the enchant it will show up red/unusable, so maybe for runeforging too?

Hope: People don't dick around or disconnect and we can get Immortal again tonight. I'd like to be able to stop worrying about running out of time before the patch.

Happy/Hate: Ten days of work left. D:

Wait, they are enabling all enchants to work on the heirloom items?

frylocked on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Some enchants now have level restrictions. Note: the enchant is never removed from the item to which it's applied, however, the player no longer receives its benefit until they reach the required level. Any enchants modified in this way have had their tooltips updated.

I thought someone said here that applied to heirlooms too, but I/they may be wrong.

riz on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: My friends who got Wrath long before I did and joined another guild so they could raid have started working on helping me gear up. One has hella nice resto gear for his shammy, the other is generally the OT for their new guild, so they borrowed one of their tanks who's a nice guy and hauled me into OS last night. Since I'd never done the fights we didn't try with any drakes up, but it was fun. Also my Vent crashes every time I click the setup button so I couldn't get my mic set up. But it was pretty hilarious, because both tanks and healers were in vent, and all the DPS was pugged. Though 2 of them were people who'd been on my friends list in TBC for being good. Those two topped the DPS charts too. Go figure.
    Hate: No pally gear or new fury gear for my warrior friend dropped, which is why we were there.
    Happy: At least I got the bag.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OMGHappy: Got bored on my main, and fed up with my alt Rogue/Warrior/Hunter that I didn't feel like leveling, so I decided to give the DK class another serious shot. Holy fucking shit is this class fun. I can now see why it is so goddamn popular. At level 65 in the Underbog/Slave Pens, I was literally pulling 1.1k DPS (hilariously, this is, more times than not, more DPS than people can pull in PuG heroics at level 80) while everyone else in the group is rocking about 400 - 500 DPS.

Yeah, um, once you get a pretty good handle on the class mechanics, the DK class is fucking ridiculous. I'm having so much god damn fun just wrecking shit.

Also Happy: Reforged Truesilver Champion. Yeah totally worth it if you guys are leveling alts. The sword scales insanely well with your level.

Haaaaate: I decided since this will be my next 80, that he should have some professions. Mining/Skinning. This will be my fifth attempt of leveling mining, even though I promised myself I would never level mining again, here I am, wasting a couple days just grinding this ridiculous skill...

Hatetothethird: Getting a pretty constant stream of "lol were did u get that sowrd?" If i respond, I get: "what is an heirloom item?", and then, "were do i gt shards?". I'm seriously considering setting up a respond macro at this point to deal with this shit.

If you have spare emblems, the axe is a little bit better.
    The amount you lose by not being able to runeforge is not huge until Fallen Crusader, and even then, its only a proc that mimics Crusader's effect...a loss that can be minimised by actually enchanting the sword/axe with Crusader.
    Infact, pre-Rune of the Fallen Crusader (70), I'd argue that having Crusader enchanted on the weapon is better than the other Runes anyway.

The axe/sword leaps from ~90 DPS to ~129 DPS when you go from 67-68 too.

if you do Borean Tundra first, the Axe of Frozen Death is better than the heirloom item for the duration of level 70. After that, the heirloom scales past it again.
    Still worth keeping that blue around for when you need to tank...throw Stoneskin Gargoyle on it.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I got heirloom pauldrons of valor and trueforged champion for levelling up my warrior/pally/DK. I agree that the heirloom 2h axe is better, but the sword only needs stone shards, whereas the axe requires emblems, so it was quicker to get them both that way.

Hmm, does crusader still require those orb thingies?

dojango on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes, but they're easy to farm, run strath live a few times and you'll have them inside half an hour.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    its a cheap enchant anyway, usually 3-4 scrolls up on Hordeside AH on my servers anywhere from 100-200

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    its a cheap enchant anyway, usually 3-4 scrolls up on Hordeside AH on my servers anywhere from 100-200
    And considering you're probably throwing that axe, dagger, or sword around alts all day, it'll be great to have a Pre-Crusader'd weapon.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yep, that sword is on my DK at the moment, but its also seen action on my second paladin alt (I wanted to see what it'd be like levellin a lowbie paladin with it, hint: its fucking hilarious), and on my shaman.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think I'm gonna get that axe and then make my Shaman.
    Just to see how hilariously hard it is to make him Dual wielding come level 40.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    There isn't any slow one-handed shaman-wieldable weapons from Heirloom items, so you'd be stuck with 2x heirloom daggers with Flametongue.

Which is a bit of a waste of your badges, if you do not have a rogue alt coming up that can use them.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    HATEHATEHATE: I rolled a fucking 1 for the Bronze Drake in CoT.
    HATEMORE: The person that won it doesn't even have epic flying skill. GRRAGH.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    HATEHATEHATE: I rolled a fucking 1 for the Bronze Drake in CoT.
    HATEMORE: The person that won it doesn't even have epic flying skill. GRRAGH.

I wonder why it does not have a limit or something that you cannot see it or loot it unless you have epic riding
    It does that for certain enchants

Brainleech on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    OMGHappy: Got bored on my main, and fed up with my alt Rogue/Warrior/Hunter that I didn't feel like leveling, so I decided to give the DK class another serious shot. Holy fucking shit is this class fun. I can now see why it is so goddamn popular. At level 65 in the Underbog/Slave Pens, I was literally pulling 1.1k DPS (hilariously, this is, more times than not, more DPS than people can pull in PuG heroics at level 80) while everyone else in the group is rocking about 400 - 500 DPS.

Yeah, um, once you get a pretty good handle on the class mechanics, the DK class is fucking ridiculous. I'm having so much god damn fun just wrecking shit.

Also Happy: Reforged Truesilver Champion. Yeah totally worth it if you guys are leveling alts. The sword scales insanely well with your level.

Haaaaate: I decided since this will be my next 80, that he should have some professions. Mining/Skinning. This will be my fifth attempt of leveling mining, even though I promised myself I would never level mining again, here I am, wasting a couple days just grinding this ridiculous skill...

Hatetothethird: Getting a pretty constant stream of "lol were did u get that sowrd?" If i respond, I get: "what is an heirloom item?", and then, "were do i gt shards?". I'm seriously considering setting up a respond macro at this point to deal with this shit.

If you have spare emblems, the axe is a little bit better.
    The amount you lose by not being able to runeforge is not huge until Fallen Crusader, and even then, its only a proc that mimics Crusader's effect...a loss that can be minimised by actually enchanting the sword/axe with Crusader.
    Infact, pre-Rune of the Fallen Crusader (70), I'd argue that having Crusader enchanted on the weapon is better than the other Runes anyway.

The axe/sword leaps from ~90 DPS to ~129 DPS when you go from 67-68 too.

if you do Borean Tundra first, the Axe of Frozen Death is better than the heirloom item for the duration of level 70. After that, the heirloom scales past it again.
    Still worth keeping that blue around for when you need to tank...throw Stoneskin Gargoyle on it.

I know the Axe is better than the sword, but I love swords and I hate axes, so I decided to go with the cool looking badass weapon over the uggo one. :D

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: After getting 4 alts to 71+, I think I've finally settled on one I want to level all the way. Loving the hell out of my mage right now. The discovery of Ice Lance at level 72 helped somewhat <_< >_>

Sad: Kinda regretting putting 140 emblems worth of heirloom gear into my hunter, but that's life. I just ran outta steam playing the guy.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hope: Tonight's Naxx sees a Death's Bite drop.

Related Hope: I actually win the roll for it.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    PsycharilPsycharil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aldarez wrote: »
    Happy: After getting 4 alts to 71+, I think I've finally settled on one I want to level all the way. Loving the hell out of my mage right now. The discovery of Ice Lance at level 72 helped somewhat <_< >_>

Sad: Kinda regretting putting 140 emblems worth of heirloom gear into my hunter, but that's life. I just ran outta steam playing the guy.

At least eventually you'll level the hunter. I spent a heap of emblems on my pally and I've pretty much quit WoW altogether. >.<

Ah well. Someday I'll go back to it, I'm sure.

Psycharil on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So effectively I've wasted something of some value to me, and you've wasted nothing :P

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Look at it this way, by the time you go back to the hunter they might have fixed the heirloom bow, which currently always uses the lvl 1 stats for steady shot. Assuming you bought it anyway.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'm not too worried. I can always get more emblems. The bow and dagger will be nice for my rogue if I ever decide to level him also.

The main thing I'm not looking forward to is professions, seeing as my mage was a RAF character and has none. Thinking I'll take the easy route and go skinning/lw.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nervous: So I might be going to school for entertainment design so that I might one day be doing concept art for video games. And it's not an easy school at all. And I'm a terrible student.

Hate: Why are all the Iron nodes gone? :( Curse you, other people that are farming it!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Look at it this way, by the time you go back to the hunter they might have fixed the heirloom bow, which currently always uses the lvl 1 stats for steady shot. Assuming you bought it anyway.

Wait, what? That's a pretty fucking big bug to miss?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yep. The heirloom gun does the same thing too.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I did it! Traveler's Tundra Mount get!

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    As it turns out, I hit the honour cap yesterday.
    Whoops!

Rizzi on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    As it turns out, I hit the honour cap yesterday.
    Whoops!

I have been capped on my warlock for over two years

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm just collecting AB and WSG tokens so I can get a Mechanostrider. :/

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Buy a battle standard. That's what I did. Unfortunately, the very next day I was back up to 69k, so I have to find other things to buy.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sad: No axe for me...

Happy: Picked up my T7 tanking helm, the Greathelm from 4 Horsemen, and the Slayer of the Lifeless for my tanking set.

Oh shit!: I'm being subbed in as tank starting next week. Time to relearn prot!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: from greens to T7, courtesy of VoA.

I went to a vault10 on my shaman after wintergrasp, and I was the only shaman, so lucky me. It was funny because I was basically in mortal fear the entire time that someone would inspect me and discover my shame. Or maybe they didn't care, because bloodlust and totem of wrath are pretty sweet.

At any rate, now I'm That Guy™, and I haven't been That Guy in a loooong time.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »

I went to a vault10 on my shaman after wintergrasp, and I was the only shaman, so lucky me. It was funny because I was basically in mortal fear the entire time that someone would inspect me and discover my shame. Or maybe they didn't care, because bloodlust and totem of wrath are pretty sweet.

At any rate, now I'm That Guyâ„¢, and I haven't been That Guy in a loooong time.
    heh, I like being "that guy" as well, get pulled into alotta cool stuff.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    still hating: no WoW time until next tuesday.
    happy: this down time isn't too bad. I'm having fun on LiVe, something I haven't done in a while.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

At any rate, now I'm That Guyâ„¢, and I haven't been That Guy in a loooong time.

I did something similiar on my mage over the weekend. Got him to 80 and started the grind to get him pre-raid gear (hat of wintery doom was made, working on stocking up on ebonweave for the gloves and chest, etc), when a guildie asks me if I'd want to bring him along on a pug Naxx10. The entire night I'm joking with the guildie in /whispers saying "oh shit, they're inspecting me, I'm not going to be in there past one boss." Keep in mind, I'm still wearing mostly blues, with a green here or there and some old TBC gear that I hadn't found replacements for yet. My hit was in the neighborhood of 7% and spelldamage just on the other side of 1000. Surprisingly, nobody called me out on my low dps (still above the tank's, but nothing to write home about), or my greens. Nobody even called me out when I got the "loot an emblem of heroism" achievement on the first boss (I ended up remaining in there through spider and plague, and patchwerk).

The pug eventually fell apart on Grobbulus, but I did end the night with some loot (the cape off Noth with spellpower and +hit)

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Some melee gear actually dropped for my shaman in Naxx10 last night.

Hate: I am still utterly bewildered by enhancement shaman stat equivalencies and feel like an idiot whenever something drops and I have no idea if it's actually better than what I have. I really miss my old warlock spreadsheet where I could just select all my current gear from pulldown menus, then change one item, and see if the DPS number went up or down...

riz on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Pfft, don't feel bad. I was in a 10 man Vault where the RL decided to take only 1 of each class. Lucky me, since only paladin loot dropped.

Tank chest and ret pvp legs get!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Some melee gear actually dropped for my shaman in Naxx10 last night.

Hate: I am still utterly bewildered by enhancement shaman stat equivalencies and feel like an idiot whenever something drops and I have no idea if it's actually better than what I have. I really miss my old warlock spreadsheet where I could just select all my current gear from pulldown menus, then change one item, and see if the DPS number went up or down...

http://code.google.com/p/enhsim/downloads/list

It's a simulator, not quite as easy to use as your spreadsheet but it will let you change the stats to figure out if something is an upgrade or not.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I've seen it. It's cool but I still wish there was something easier. Having to input current and theoretical stats is tedious. I don't play WoW to do math...

riz on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I've seen it. It's cool but I still wish there was something easier. Having to input current and theoretical stats is tedious. I don't play WoW to do math...

I'm kinda surprised he doesn't have gear pull downs for all slots. He has it for trinkets.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy: Upon logging in last night, was told to /gquit and join this other guild with several co-workers. Having just hit 80 my gear was largely crap. Upon joining we ran Naxx (first time I have seen it) and I picked up 4 epics.

Hate: The buddy who got me in made me replace the greens I had left (most of the rest of my gear) with stuff from the AH, thus almost breaking me as far as money goes.

Happy: He threw in free enchants on all the gear I acquired.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.