PATCH 1.21 IS COMING!Get the Notes here.LIVE EVENTS:
Mythic is releasing a â€œLive Expansionâ€
called Call to Arms
that is basically a staggered release of new content. Here is the schedule as of now:
- [strike]March 3rd - 7th: Call to Arms: Bitter Rivals Live Event: Successful completion of the live event allows head start access to the new Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer careers. The event will also introduces a new Chaos-themed RvR Scenario, Twisting Tower.[/strike]
- [strike]March 17th: The Orc Choppa and Dwarf Slayer answer the Call to Arms and join WAR! (Release for everyone who did not unlock them in previous Live Event.)[/strike]
- April: Call to Arms: Beyond the Sands Live Event: The promise of great riches and powerful weapons comes from the south. ((Assumed to be tagged along with 1.21))
- May: Call to Arms: Rise of the Tomb Kings Live Event: The race between Order and Destruction begins to unlock the Land of the Dead for their Realm.
- June: Land of the Dead Opens: The deserts of Nehekhara open to players with the addition of a new RvR-gated dungeon zone. To gain access to the Land of the Dead, opposing Realms must battle for control of the zone to access dozens of new Public Quests, instanced lairs, and a massive new Tomb Kings dungeon to plunder in search of the Casket of Souls.
Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (WAR) is a MMORPG from the folks at Mythic, creators of fine gamery such as Dark Age of Camelot (DAoC). WAR is focused on Realm vs. Realm, or RvR, design. Two realms (in this case Destruction and Order) try to beat the living shit out of each other while claiming everything for themselves. While PvE exists, this is a game where PvP is the centerpiece. From the start you can head out and start fighting the other side for control of the world, be it in the game world or sequestered in small, objective-minded scenarios. As they say: war is everywhere.
This all takes place in the Warhammer Fantasy universe, an ancient piece of geek culture that has aged like a fine wine. Recently celebrating it's 25th anniversary, Warhammer is a rich piece of work that takes the fantasy genre to dark, violent places. Humans are no better than the real-world Catholic Church of the Dark Ages, Elves have serious superiority complexes and Orcs treat war like a sport. What a great backdrop for a PvP-oriented game. Morskittar is a Warhammer guru of sorts, and has a good handle
on how to get up-to-speed on all things Warhammer.
So, if you want to play this is a good time to start. Scroll down for information on free trials and get started in WAR.
Welcome back to WAR. We are glad you interested in coming back. If you have been away for more than 60days, you can just hop on down to the Free Trials section below and ask someone for an invitation to the game. When you click the link, it should offer you some place to reactivate your old account, allowing you to play the game for 10 days but as your old characters.
So what is new? There's been plenty of awesome new features and live events. The first major fix was to fortresses which are rarely if ever crashing now. What else? Well there is ORvR influence now. The more you fight, the better chances you have to build up points over time and get rewards for them like at chapter hubs only these items are pretty damn sweet. It sounds like a small tweak but it really makes ORvR more consistent, especially so when coupled with the Zone Domination system. When you capture a BFO, it has a timer that ticks down, same thing with keeps. Hold everything in the zone long enough and the zone flips, regardless of Victory Points. So what else is there? Well you can check out the 1.2 notes right here. Mythic has been very aggressively pumping out juicy patches. 1.2 patch notes.
Again, welcome back.
Free trials are now available from the main WAR website but invitations from current subscribers are preferred as they will get a free 30 days and some other cool rewards.
Each subscriber has up to 6 invitations to offer every month and the trial lasts 10 days of free game play across any of the servers. To get a trial, pick a letter from the list below and PM the recipient your first name and email. You should be set after that!CLICK HERE!UPDATE:
Also! If you have been out of the game for more than 60 days, go on and PM one of the above! We can hook you up with 10 days on your old account! What a good time to Come Back to Camelo
-- er, Warhammer. ;)
Warhammer Online has two realms, each with three armies, and every army has four careers. While some careers are similar to each other in terms of mechanics, you're looking at 24 careers here and while there may be one with a similiar mechanic on the opposing faction, each class has its own unique hallmark. For example, the 3 tanks from Destruction play very differently from one another, even though they still are tanks. Black Orkz have Combos they string together, Black Guards have hate that builds and Chosen have auras that can twist and become even more vile. All three are tanks, but how they tank is unique. If you need help deciding, click on the army and read up on their careers. Each race has a Tank, Healer, Melee DPS and Ranged DPS class. Be sure to try a handful of them out to at the very least, rank 5 to see if you like where the class is going. Each Class is useful in both PvE and RvR. There are some that are better at PvE than others but if you are mixing up your play-style, WAR should not feel grindy and you should not base your class choice on what 'levels' the fastest.
Penny-Arcade has two main guilds, The Six Mouths
from Destruction on Iron Rock and also the Candymancers
from Order on Badlands. Do a /who [guildname] to talk to these people and see if you can join in from in game or make a post on the forums or PM someone here on the PA forums if you know they are an officer or guild master of one of the two servers. Both guilds are friendly, active and casual. Also thanks to the 2 new careers that have rolled out, there are players across both guilds from all level ranges! Our guilds are a great way to get into the game.Six Mouths InfoCandymancer Info
Rumor has it that there is a European PA guild called Obsidian Spur and that it is rolled on the server Karak Eight Peaks. Seems Klyka and Echo are the notable mentions from other there. Probably no finger EU WAR PA guild.
Warhammer Online has very extensive Modding and UI support for those of you who are into that sort of thing. Even better, many of your favorite WoW addons have found their way into WAR with more being uploaded every day. Here are a few must haves.
Note: Having the Curse Client makes the install and uninstall process a whole lot easier but does require paying attention to basic instructions to set it up properly.
- Curse's Main Website.
- Libslash. A great client tool for modders, allows for complex commands and mods. WARNING: Many mods require this 'mod'. Just install it and that's all. It's all done behind the scenes.
- Action Bar Color. Out of range spells and abilities get shaded red for easy recognition.
- ReAction Bar Color. Same as above, but also colors reactive abilities (IE requiring a block) a tint of green when they are ready.
- Killing Blow. Displays name of person you just killed and their RPs.
- Focus. Set up 2 macro buttons on your hotbar. One makes your friendly target your /assist and the other refreshes their target. VERY excellent for RvR.
- Victory Points. Adds a Victory Point counter to your UI instead of just eyeballing bars.
- SNT Bar. Great UI toolbar. Kinda tricky to set up though.
- No Movie Mod This removes every opening movie, including the logos. I, Accualt, declare this shall be in every OP ever from now on.
- State of Realm Shows you a detailed look at Tier 4, and also includes the keep status of Tiers 2 and 3. Shows the Victory Points of all Tiers and will even display timers when local Battle Objectives are taken.
- Aura Letâ€™s you put up static images when certain effects are activeâ€¦such as debuffs that damage you when you move.
- PhantomAllows you to turn off UI elements that you normally aren't able to.
- Warhammer Scrolling Combat Text From the makers of the WoW mod.
- Waaaghbar Continue A strip that you can place at the top or bottom (or both) sides of your screen. Lists info like friends/guildmates online, money, level/rank progress and more. This is a continuation of the original, which had ceased work.
- Squared A layout of boxes for your party/warband. Makes things a bit cleaner.
- Auto Dismount Does what it says. Dismounts you when you use an action.
- Item Rack Saves multiple gear outfits. Switch from dungeon to RvR in seconds.
- BuffHead Shows icons of your buffs or debuffs above your target's head, complete with timer bar.
The Warhammer community is FULL of fantastic resources. Digging around, let me share some of the best around. Bookmarking these is a great help. To really break your noobhood, these resources really do a hell of a job cramming in necessary info without being bloated or filled with crap. Study them religiously.
OP is the work of Lucky Cynic and probably others. Itâ€™ll be updated with new stuff, so check frequently.
Mythic doesn't just throw you into an ocean and leave you to fend for yourself. Where's the WAR in doing something like that? Below are official Mythic Entertainment links.