As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] It was the best of times- It was the WAAAAGH of times. <<Closed>>

• chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Forces of Destruction:
    2prs5e8.jpg

The Armies of Order:
    CirqueDuSoleil.gif

chasehatesbears on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My dwarf's axe would like to have a word with your privates...

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    edited March 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    My dwarf's axe would like to have a word with your privates...

I couldn't find any French circus midgets, so I guess that picture only applies to humans and elves :D

chasehatesbears on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    what's a Knob?

Jasconius on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    what's a Knob?

The PA name for KNights Of the Blazing sun.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You guys are missing the mark on Destruction. Dark Elves have a strong emo streak, sure, but it's outweighed by Greenskins and Chaos.

Imagine these guys, but with more gutter and pools of their own vomit.

maiden_fans2_300_300x300.jpg

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmm. I clicked my 10 day renewal link, and successfully logged in, but the thinger wants me to create a new game account?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited March 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    You guys are missing the mark on Destruction. Dark Elves have a strong emo streak, sure, but it's outweighed by Greenskins and Chaos.

Imagine these guys, but with more gutter and pools of their own vomit.

maiden_fans2_300_300x300.jpg

Dark elves remind me of the goth kids from Southpark.

South%20Park%20Goths.jpg

I imagine Malekith sitting in his throne listening to Bauhaus and brooding over Elves while smoking a pack of cigarettes he had to beg his older brother for. Fuckin' kids.

chasehatesbears on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    fucking hell.

I used to american trial version, but I can'y buy the american version of the game cause I'm stuck in europe. I already built my character in IR, already met people, joined up with a guild... not gonna do that again in a european server. This sucks.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    fucking hell.

I used to american trial version, but I can'y buy the american version of the game cause I'm stuck in europe. I already built my character in IR, already met people, joined up with a guild... not gonna do that again in a european server. This sucks.
    Can you not buy the download version from the EA Store? Or does it do that region checking bullcrap?

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    So is levelling a lot less boring these days than it was at launch?

I quit because I hated spending hours at a time levelling my shaman (and he was only level 14!), but I got an email from the WAR folks today asking me to resubscribe
    on the one hand, I think they've improved the game a lot
    however, it sounds like you just don't enjoy the core gameplay and probably wouldn't find it any more enjoyable if you considered it a grind before

you could always do a 10 day trial

My problem is that I think I have a generic aversion to pve in this game, and pvp if played with stupid people. The game is pretty darn fun when played with PAers.

You've identified the problem.

You've identified the solution.

Now do a 10 day trial and join The Six Mouths or the Candymancers and have fun. :P

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    fucking hell.

Can you not buy the download version from the EA Store? Or does it do that region checking bullcrap?

can only buy digitally from Canada or the US, can't ship the game overseas.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • KG3000KG3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Trying to get my sorc into the TSM on Iron Rock. Anyone on that can throw me an invite, please.

KG3000 on
    What?
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    zilo wrote: »
    I like the fact that knights look sort of fruity, with the feathers and stuff. They're sort of "yeah, I'm all dolled up. What of it? I'll cut you!" whereas Chosen are mostly "I'm so angry at my dad you guys, he never lets me do anything! I'll cut myself!"

Dude that's blackguards.

Wtf you can't even get yer insults right.

Chosen are just generic warped evil bad guy 00001 they don't need no emo they'd still kill you if they was happy.

Actually it probably makes them happy.

So really they're all probably quite cheerful chaps once you are all dead.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited March 2009
    I like the fact that knights look sort of fruity, with the feathers and stuff. They're sort of "yeah, I'm all dolled up. What of it? I'll cut you!" whereas Chosen are mostly "I'm so angry at my dad you guys, he never lets me do anything! I'll cut myself!"

Dude that's blackguards.

Chosen are just generic warped evil bad guy 00001 they don't need no emo they'd still kill you if they was happy.

Chosen can't feel "happy"

the closest they can come to is "grim satisfaction"

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Dude that's blackguards.

Chosen can't feel "happy"

the closest they can come to is "grim satisfaction"

Ifn a chosen wants to be happy watcha gonna do about it? Argue with him? I mean shit I wouldn't.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whack him over the head, then detaunt and ignore.
    8-)

Glal on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Dude that's blackguards.

Blackguards are "My Chemical Romance" emo, Chosen are "Slipknot" emo. In looks, not lore, because looks are all I care about.

There's many stops on the emo train.

zilo on
    edited March 2009
    Uhhh

Septus on
  • WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Knobs are fairly fun, but as with Chosen; I GREATLY RECOMMEND getting the twister mod. I specifically bought a G15 keyboard (wanted a new board anyways) so I could macro the twisting, but even without the auto-twisting the mod is awesome as it makes things so much easier. I have a 40/55 IB which I love, but the group versatility to a Knob is just daunting. With an IB you can buff one person pretty well, but with a Knob you can buff "everyone" in your group. Put a Knob and a WP in with a group of slayers and just watch the destruction (twisting the strength, toughness, and on your guard auras).

As for the candymancers (a couple of pages late, sorry), I just purged out 33 people who haven't been active lately, so we're at just over 100 characters in the guild. About 40 or so are alts (yes, we do allow alts, just a limited number based on how many 40s you have) with the rest being everyone else. Someone asked earlier what classes we were short on... I'd say probably Rune Priests and Archmages in the top level. Warrior Priests are great, but they're more focused at group heals whereas RPs and AMs can put some serious green numbers out at a focused target. I really wouldn't want to try and run LV with 2 WPs as our only healers (especially since it's on a 5-day lockout so if you "want" to change the lineup after starting, you're out of luck for nearly a week).

The Ward system is a bit of a cock-block for progression because you "really" need those wards as you progress. We have 2 tanks that are on the edge of being fully warded, but just can't get the pieces to drop, and several "others" getting near the same mark.

I think one of the things that has kept us going so well is the fact that we're part of the PA society and so we have that common bond. Every guild is going to have their cliques, but it's still important to put the instances and small group stuff aside every now and then and just do something together. I think this game has a much greater ability to do that compared to WoW and a few others. Grabbing everyone online together and saying, "lets go kill shit" is just too much fun to pass up. :)

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KG3000 wrote: »
    Trying to get my sorc into the TSM on Iron Rock. Anyone on that can throw me an invite, please.

I'm going to hop on [strike]now[/strike] in a bit after food and updates.

And seriously, Chosen worship a god of hope. They're very happy. All the time. Manically so.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    Whack him over the head, then detaunt and ignore.
    8-)

Downfall, nip around behind you, snare you, punt you into the middle of my own sides zerg.

Detaunt that.

8-)

I love the new knockback so much. It's a real pity that the choppa is so...so....me else I'd be playing my chosen more.

Morninglord on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    I imagine Malekith sitting in his throne listening to Bauhaus and brooding over Elves while smoking a pack of cigarettes he had to beg his older brother for. Fuckin' kids.

Malekith is the second oldest living elf, with the oldest being his lover.
    His mom.

8-)

A duck! on
    edited March 2009
    A duck! wrote: »

Malekith is the second oldest living elf, with the oldest being his lover.
    His mom.

8-)

I feel creepy playing a black guard now...

chasehatesbears on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I already hate the Slayers. That's been three of them now tonight that have whined, bitched, moaned and pissed about how I'm not healing and/or rezzing them fast enough. How about you try managing your rage so you don't take 50% extra damage all the time? Bah. It makes you want to just be the dick WP that heals yourself all the time.

Kakodaimonos on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, what crap. It moved my DoK to some other random server, and Red Eye Mountain is no longer a copy destination. Did REM get consolidated down and the OP just isn't up to date?

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I already hate the Slayers. That's been three of them now tonight that have whined, bitched, moaned and pissed about how I'm not healing and/or rezzing them fast enough. How about you try managing your rage so you don't take 50% extra damage all the time? Bah. It makes you want to just be the dick WP that heals yourself all the time.
    yeah, it's amazing how many choppas don't understand that a healer can't keep them up when they're fully zerked and getting hit by two or more enemies

although it was funny last night when a SH was bitching that slayers are op because it took him too long at level 6 to kite kill a level 10 slayer
    he even claimed at one point that they're as tough as tanks unless zerked
    and I was all, "damn, you stupid son"

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Man, what crap. It moved my DoK to some other random server, and Red Eye Mountain is no longer a copy destination. Did REM get consolidated down and the OP just isn't up to date?

Yep, REM got moved over to Iron Rock, Iron Fist, and Volkmar i think... or Monolith, I dunno.

T6M restarted on Iron Rock.

---
    In other news, I really hope Mythic undoes the recent caster buff patch. With the massive nerf to Disorients, the insane nerf to resist talismans from +160 to +35, and then capping resists at 40% instead of 80%.... its a clusterfuck of gigantic proportions.

Pre-made teams pretty much go with 3+ BW, 3+ Healers, and it is impossible to kill any of them before the BW AOE you down, or the Healers have a chance to focus heal your target.
    Kept running into this one premade where their BW were regularly topping 300-500k damage. They didnt even have Magnet pull.

Its okay though, they nerfed a bunch of the Sorc tactics. :x

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    edited March 2009
    Iron Rock, cool. I'll move my DoK there.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This game is completely unplayable in Warband vs Warband on my computer.

I am worried about this, since IR seems to be one of the more populated servers. If I will even be able to do shit once I hit 40.

I mean. I have everything turned to low except draw distance which is on medium.

:(

Jasconius on
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well I signed up for the 10 day return to war thing and it seems the only thing that kept me from playing is still a problem.

I went on a few keep raids with my Zealot and got next to no contribution for healing and rezing so I always end up with around +85 contribution. Its worthless to play a healer and hope to get any loot at all.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
    edited March 2009
    Well I signed up for the 10 day return to war thing and it seems the only thing that kept me from playing is still a problem.

I went on a few keep raids with my Zealot and got next to no contribution for healing and rezing so I always end up with around +85 contribution. Its worthless to play a healer and hope to get any loot at all.
    but how many were in the keep with you?
    if there were 20+ people with you, it's pretty unrealistic to expect a high contribution unless you just happened to do everything just right

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    This game is completely unplayable in Warband vs Warband on my computer.

I am worried about this, since IR seems to be one of the more populated servers. If I will even be able to do shit once I hit 40.

I mean. I have everything turned to low except draw distance which is on medium.

:(

This reminds me, it's a good idea to create a specific nvidia profile for the game right? I figured out how to add war.exe to the programs to make specific settings, but I don't know what settings to toggle for optimal performance.

Septus on
    edited March 2009
    yeah, it's amazing how many choppas don't understand that a healer can't keep them up when they're fully zerked and getting hit by two or more enemies

although it was funny last night when a SH was bitching that slayers are op because it took him too long at level 6 to kite kill a level 10 slayer

we had a group of 5 candymancers in a mourkains earlier where an IB sat in the front with the bauble and refused to back up until the then-dead healers respawned. He kept proclaiming that since he's melee and since the bauble does AoE damage to those around him he's better off staying in the front. After a "small discussion" in scenario chat, he then proclaimed that "this is why Order always loses," in regards to not knowing how the mechanics work. Of course, he did 2k dmg the entire game and we had slayers grabbing the bauble and doing a better job of protecting it, but lost due to destruction just had too much of a lead.

The moral of this story: Smart players are awesome and fun, dumb players should have a permanent death policy. I'm willing to make the road trips. :)

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
    edited March 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »

we had a group of 5 candymancers in a mourkains earlier where an IB sat in the front with the bauble and refused to back up until the then-dead healers respawned. He kept proclaiming that since he's melee and since the bauble does AoE damage to those around him he's better off staying in the front. After a "small discussion" in scenario chat, he then proclaimed that "this is why Order always loses," in regards to not knowing how the mechanics work. Of course, he did 2k dmg the entire game and we had slayers grabbing the bauble and doing a better job of protecting it, but lost due to destruction just had too much of a lead.

The moral of this story: Smart players are awesome and fun, dumb players should have a permanent death policy. I'm willing to make the road trips. :)
    yeah, it's really fucking odd some of the shit that players pull in pugs
    was in a wb earlier doing orvr in Ekrund and we had just taken the two obj there
    I suicided off the tower as is common practice to get back to the wc earlier, and we noticed order had just capped Lookout in Mt. Bloodhorn. Now, I could get there quickly because I'd just died and released, but they were all running south. They zoned into Bloodhorn with maybe a min left on the def and I just said, "no way we'll take it back in time and there's almost a full order wb" and this zealot start giving me shit about how maybe I couldn't because I suck but he could and the dude just kept getting snarky with me as long as I was in the wb
    there are some people that seem to play social games just to be unsocial pricks

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

but how many were in the keep with you?
    if there were 20+ people with you, it's pretty unrealistic to expect a high contribution unless you just happened to do everything just right

We only had about 2 groups there for both keeps. I don't think I have ever won anything in a keep battle with my zealot where on the other hand I almost always win something with my magus.

I feel like I do more as the zealot to help the fight though with all the rezing and healing since there is almost always a ton of DPS and very few healers.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
    edited March 2009
    I did a /who for The Six Mouths on IR and none came up. There really isn't anyone playing right now? I guess it is kind of late US time...

GnomeTank on
  • hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Witch elves and Witch hunters reward a patient, tactical play style. Slayers and choppas, which have similiar survivability to a WE and WH, are made to have immediate and devastating effect. This rewards a suicidal and very aggressive play style. In comes as no surprise that Choppas and Slayers die very quickly and often even with healer support. Not many players take the care to expend their rage and remain in the higher survivability area of the speedometer.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay, just so I can get the guild stuff straightened out....

Candymancers, can your GM or officer PM me?

And I assume that Obsidian Spur is uh, well what is going on with Obsidian Spur? There is no word on the EU servers being consolidated... >_>;

Lucky Cynic on
    edited March 2009
    pm sent... but I can't offer you any better deal on your car insurance. However, I can get you a discount on wholesale candyland games...

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
This discussion has been closed.