Options

[WAR] It was the best of times- It was the WAAAAGH of times. <<Closed>>

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh and btw guys, for the NEW PLAYERS section, I am going to have a section where it is "CLICK HERE!" and each letter will link to someone's PM box for the inquiring new person to ask for a friend trial. Seems like an innocent enough way to have a link to invitations without being a jerk. So! Click here! has 10 letters, the next ten people to PM me a link to a PM to them get tossed in as a letter.

(Kinda like how my signature is set up, you click it and it takes you to a page where you can send me a PM... so send me that. First 10 people, well, 9... Im going to be on there too. :P)

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is the proper method of getting Candymancer membership still through the boards? Seems kind of quiet in there.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    PM WolveSight.

Btw guys, I've marked the areas in the OP that will be updated and other stuff has already been taken out or added in. I also changed a number of links so that they are up to date on some matters. I hope next to do the Addons secion. Enjoy! :)

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    zilo wrote: »
    Is the proper method of getting Candymancer membership still through the boards? Seems kind of quiet in there.

in where? the candymancer forums? You apply there, it gets accepted/denied (probably accepted since you're posting here), then you contact an officer in-game to get an invite. If you're wondering why there are no "recent" applications: it's because all accepted apps that have been invited are moved to a different forum. :) The CM boards aren't the most active out there, but it's not quiet...

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    Whack him over the head, then detaunt and ignore.
    8-)
    Downfall, nip around behind you, snare you, punt you into the middle of my own sides zerg.
    Detaunt that.
    8-)
    Did I just Pounce-leapfrog out again? Oh those wily White Lions. ;-)

Of course, I probably just got knocked down by one of the MILLION classes that seem to have fucking knockdowns and died. I hate knockdown so much.

Glal on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whack him over the head, then detaunt and ignore.
    8-)
    Downfall, nip around behind you, snare you, punt you into the middle of my own sides zerg.
    Detaunt that.
    8-)

Of course, I probably just got knocked down by one of the MILLION classes that seem to have fucking knockdowns and died. I hate knockdown so much.

Can you guys still pounce out of champions challenge? That's the only thing I dislike them being able to pounce out of, it's a morale ability after all.

Punting them into the lava and seeing them pounce out of it before they even hit the ground? Hey man that's cool bananas because that takes skill.

But if I challenge you, you fucking stay right here. *points at ground*

And you don't move, got it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In other news, I really hope Mythic undoes the recent caster buff patch. With the massive nerf to Disorients, the insane nerf to resist talismans from +160 to +35, and then capping resists at 40% instead of 80%.... its a clusterfuck of gigantic proportions.

Pre-made teams pretty much go with 3+ Sorcs, 3+ Healers, and it is impossible to kill any of them before the Sorcs AOE you down, or the Healers have a chance to focus heal your target.
    Kept running into this one premade where their Sorcs were regularly topping 300-500k damage. They didnt even have Magnet pull.

Fixed that for you. :P

Also I don't believe Bright Wizards get a magent (unless that was your point then disregard the following). The only Order magent I know of is in the Engineer Tinkerer tree (which makes sense with their Destro "mirror" being Magus) and last I had heard virtually no one specs it because it's bugged and based on INT which no engy in their right mind stacks.

You're absolutely right though, stacked AoE is pretty out of control. Neither side really needs Magnets anymore because you can do so much damage with coordinated AoE (if you have the RDPS to do it) that pulling them all and getting them temporarily stuck due to collision issues just isn't required to get kills. It's a problem for both sides right now. The zergs I've seen have begun to compensate a little by starting to make Sorcerers the new high priority target but apparently it takes awhile for it to sink in what a good group of AoE spammers are capable of.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can you guys still pounce out of champions challenge? That's the only thing I dislike them being able to pounce out of, it's a morale ability after all.
    Punting them into the lava and seeing them pounce out of it before they even hit the ground? Hey man that's cool bananas because that takes skill.
    But if I challenge you, you fucking stay right here. *points at ground*
    And you don't move, got it.
    Nah, you can't pounce if rooted in any way. You can't pounce mid-air either, that's just lag playing tricks on you. Basically, pretty much anything will make the skill fail, from standing on a rock to having a tiny fence between you and them.

Glal on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man, so many people underestimate my Witch Elf.

I'm deepish treachery, with enough of a stop in suffering to get Kiss of Doom.

God I love the stun I get. And my 100% disrupt chance for 7 seconds. And my silence. And my disarm.

Oats on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WolveSight wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Man, I already hate the Slayers. That's been three of them now tonight that have whined, bitched, moaned and pissed about how I'm not healing and/or rezzing them fast enough. How about you try managing your rage so you don't take 50% extra damage all the time? Bah. It makes you want to just be the dick WP that heals yourself all the time.
    yeah, it's amazing how many choppas don't understand that a healer can't keep them up when they're fully zerked and getting hit by two or more enemies

although it was funny last night when a SH was bitching that slayers are op because it took him too long at level 6 to kite kill a level 10 slayer
    he even claimed at one point that they're as tough as tanks unless zerked
    and I was all, "damn, you stupid son"

we had a group of 5 candymancers in a mourkains earlier where an IB sat in the front with the bauble and refused to back up until the then-dead healers respawned. He kept proclaiming that since he's melee and since the bauble does AoE damage to those around him he's better off staying in the front. After a "small discussion" in scenario chat, he then proclaimed that "this is why Order always loses," in regards to not knowing how the mechanics work. Of course, he did 2k dmg the entire game and we had slayers grabbing the bauble and doing a better job of protecting it, but lost due to destruction just had too much of a lead.

The moral of this story: Smart players are awesome and fun, dumb players should have a permanent death policy. I'm willing to make the road trips. :)
    Later on we were in a Stonetroll with that same Fracks fellow. Just as we were reaching the ramp up the plateau or whatnot, someone in scenario chat said, "Just so you know, the pacifier doesn't do AoE damage either".

Dizzen on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kiss of doom was so awesome

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hurtin' Time doesn't seem to be working. It's hurting me when I use attacks, but it's definitely not adding damage... Certainly not anywhere close to the 56 damage that it purports to.

Anyone have any info in the Slayer version of this skill and whether it works?

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dac wrote: »
    Hurtin' Time doesn't seem to be working. It's hurting me when I use attacks, but it's definitely not adding damage... Certainly not anywhere close to the 56 damage that it purports to.

It doesn't add the damage to the attack. It's a separate attack in the combat log that triggers when you use an attack (not an autoattack though). If you see the hurting time red text, the hurting time damage text will be right before it.

What usually happens is the attack number floats up then the hurting time floats up straight after: that's not an autoattack. :P

If you want proof go hit three mobs at once with Lotsa Choppin, you'll see three little values equivelant to your hurting time.

It's very much working, and it very much hurts people. Don't worry about it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dac wrote: »

It doesn't add the damage to the attack. It's a separate attack in the combat log that triggers when you use an attack (not an autoattack though). If you see the hurting time red text, the hurting time damage text will be right before it.

What usually happens is the attack number floats up then the hurting time floats up straight after: that's not an autoattack. :P

If you want proof go hit three mobs at once with Lotsa Choppin, you'll see three little values equivelant to your hurting time.

It's very much working, and it very much hurts people. Don't worry about it.

Huh, I didn't think to look at a separate hit. I thought it just added damage onto hits.

Thanks.

Dac on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Dizzen wrote: »
    Man, I already hate the Slayers. That's been three of them now tonight that have whined, bitched, moaned and pissed about how I'm not healing and/or rezzing them fast enough. How about you try managing your rage so you don't take 50% extra damage all the time? Bah. It makes you want to just be the dick WP that heals yourself all the time.
    yeah, it's amazing how many choppas don't understand that a healer can't keep them up when they're fully zerked and getting hit by two or more enemies

although it was funny last night when a SH was bitching that slayers are op because it took him too long at level 6 to kite kill a level 10 slayer

we had a group of 5 candymancers in a mourkains earlier where an IB sat in the front with the bauble and refused to back up until the then-dead healers respawned. He kept proclaiming that since he's melee and since the bauble does AoE damage to those around him he's better off staying in the front. After a "small discussion" in scenario chat, he then proclaimed that "this is why Order always loses," in regards to not knowing how the mechanics work. Of course, he did 2k dmg the entire game and we had slayers grabbing the bauble and doing a better job of protecting it, but lost due to destruction just had too much of a lead.

The moral of this story: Smart players are awesome and fun, dumb players should have a permanent death policy. I'm willing to make the road trips. :)
    Later on we were in a Stonetroll with that same Fracks fellow. Just as we were reaching the ramp up the plateau or whatnot, someone in scenario chat said, "Just so you know, the pacifier doesn't do AoE damage either".
    ahahahahahahahahaha

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    This game is completely unplayable in Warband vs Warband on my computer.

I am worried about this, since IR seems to be one of the more populated servers. If I will even be able to do shit once I hit 40.

I mean. I have everything turned to low except draw distance which is on medium.

:(

This reminds me, it's a good idea to create a specific nvidia profile for the game right? I figured out how to add war.exe to the programs to make specific settings, but I don't know what settings to toggle for optimal performance.

I did that this morning, turned off AA and Aniso and it seems to be much better in general and in scenarios... but I haven't gotten a keep raid yet.

War does have surprisingly few options for graphics.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

the only time it does aoe damage is when the person holding it dies. and when it does it does a LOT of damage.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    This game is completely unplayable in Warband vs Warband on my computer.

I am worried about this, since IR seems to be one of the more populated servers. If I will even be able to do shit once I hit 40.

I mean. I have everything turned to low except draw distance which is on medium.

:(

This reminds me, it's a good idea to create a specific nvidia profile for the game right? I figured out how to add war.exe to the programs to make specific settings, but I don't know what settings to toggle for optimal performance.

I did that this morning, turned off AA and Aniso and it seems to be much better in general and in scenarios... but I haven't gotten a keep raid yet.

War does have surprisingly few options for graphics.

yeah it is a shame how poorly this game does on a lower end computer. Honestly I think that's a huge part in the smaller size of it's playerbase.

I was having a discussion about this with a friend of mine, and we came to the conclusion that regardless of how good a game looks on the best setting an MMO absolutely NEEDS to have a setting that runs on low end PC's, even if it looks like total shit.

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys, just a few more spots left for the OP. Best hurry up if you want a slot.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

the only time it does aoe damage is when the person holding it dies. and when it does it does a LOT of damage.

While funny, I approve of that guys intent. He thought the thing worked a certain way and if it did work that way, it would have been good for the team. It's his bad luck it didn't, but at least he was thinking of more than himself.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys, just a few more spots left for the OP. Best hurry up if you want a slot.

I've still got 5 trials to give out, throw me on there.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I've got 6 to give out.

chasehatesbears on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

While funny, I approve of that guys intent. He thought the thing worked a certain way and if it did work that way, it would have been good for the team. It's his bad luck it didn't, but at least he was thinking of more than himself.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Dac on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cynic, maybe underneath eh click here you have, you could put the number of trials people have left if they were to send you updates every now and then. For instance I have 6 and maybe someone would finally take pity on me knowing I still haven't got rid of one.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Trials are limited to level 10 booo.

Drool on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    what's a more fun healer, zealot or DoK?

tyrannus on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I love my zealot.

I have never been able to stomach getting a Dok or WP to level 8.

Oats on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    what's a more fun healer, zealot or DoK?

Man, that's a toughie. It really depends on what your definition of fun entails.

If you like EZ mode, very healing from the back lines with a nifty, if somewhat underwhelming, set of buffs, Zealots are awesome.

If you like to kill mans and heal, DoK is obviously a better choice, but can be much more demanding on the player.

Dac on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    someone convince me to play this game again
    i had a chosen on red eye or whatever and waited about 3 months to get into that ridiculous guild and never was accepted
    so i'm wondering if it's really even possible for me to play this game by myself

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    someone convince me to play this game again
    i had a chosen on red eye or whatever and waited about 3 months to get into that ridiculous guild and never was accepted
    so i'm wondering if it's really even possible for me to play this game by myself

Iron Rock right now is just a powerhouse of awesome RvR. Not stupid RvR where you dont get heals ever or pickup groups suck, no, this server is really rocking and you really want to come back. Plus 1.2 is 55pages of awesome.

If you want a friend invitation go on and PM me or check the OP for free trials, yes they will work with your old account.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    why would you want to play an mmo by yourself? sounds like you want a single player game
    :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Cynic, maybe underneath eh click here you have, you could put the number of trials people have left if they were to send you updates every now and then. For instance I have 6 and maybe someone would finally take pity on me knowing I still haven't got rid of one.

Too much info to update! :V

I just set it up like this because it is a good and random way to set up an OP to have random invitations being handed out. I may clear the names occasionally and ask for people to PM me again and I may at that time get a different list of 10 names. You guys will just have to watch.

Also Chasehatesbears, check my previous post on the matter. Only a few spots left, just PM me a link to PMing you. Just find a post of yours and click "Send Private Message" and copy and paste that address into your PM to me. Yes I know I can get it but it is criteria to see if you were paying attention. :P

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh God why are there no healers in my scenarios ffffff

Dac on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So guys, Uh, need some help with the Guild Section. I take it Six Mouths is currently gone with the 4 winds of Chaos. I've got Candymancer's ready to go.

And what is going on with our Dark Crag adventures and this Undead Lords guild that has just popped up.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So guys, Uh, need some help with the Guild Section. I take it Six Mouths is currently gone with the 4 winds of Chaos. I've got Candymancer's ready to go.

And what is going on with our Dark Crag adventures and this Undead Lords guild that has just popped up.

TSM seems to have a split between IR and Volkmar. IR contingent is led by Morsk, while several TSM'ers have established TSM on Volkmar as well. The Volkmar guild seems to be bigger, and I recognize quite a few names in there from REM. I guess we could have both in the OP? I dunno, ask Morsk.

The Undead Lords thing I can tell you nothing, sorry. I was under the impression robothero said they were leaving for Darkfall.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

TSM is still around, just hit rank 24 the other day, there's only about 20 of us last I looked though

UDL is semi disbanded since they're going to go play darkfall, robot has more info than I on the subject. I personally put DC on hold since Iron Rock is shaping up to be a good server. TSM needs an alliance though since we don't have enough top tier to do Bastion or higher.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Okay working the Guilds section now. Also the semi updated armies section is up.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I still have 6 trials to give out lucky, throw me in there if there are still letters to take

TetraRay on
    Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh and btw guys, for the NEW PLAYERS section, I am going to have a section where it is "CLICK HERE!" and each letter will link to someone's PM box for the inquiring new person to ask for a friend trial. Seems like an innocent enough way to have a link to invitations without being a jerk. So! Click here! has 10 letters, the next ten people to PM me a link to a PM to them get tossed in as a letter.

(Kinda like how my signature is set up, you click it and it takes you to a page where you can send me a PM... so send me that. First 10 people, well, 9... Im going to be on there too. :P)

Just reposting this guys. I don't want to suddenly miss a post 2 pages ago and someone missing out on letters or something. No drama- just send me a link to PM you.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    watch?v=RACCdox_FVI

Our alliance was part of the Order effort to win stage one in an inevitable city siege on Phoenix Throne. Destro has yet to do so, I was part of those who beat them in the streets of Altdorf a while back.

I don't know what's cooler about this.

1. I've fought with this guy a lot.

2. Destro got docked 2 stars

3. The song is a combination of two of my favorite hobbies, military history and heavy metal, and it doesn't sound stupid at all. In fact, I....I...think I...love it. <3

4. Destro, on Phoenix Throne, got beat by an order assault headed up by an elven guild. You guys might as well unsubscribe right now. :P

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
This discussion has been closed.