As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Darkfall] Now with More Wang!!

• ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can guarentee you those books will be absurdly rare and PVE is still broken- they wont even admit it just some crap about 'the hps were unbalanced!' nothing about there being 6 mobs that run around like headless chickens ensuring you'll never be able to kill one without the other 5 swarming you. The village system is retarded and so is the crafting gold. You'll never have a strong player base because no one wants to be the new guy due to the horrible horrible grind, hey come play this game but beware you'll need to macro for weeks on end before you can play. They "increased" regent drops but in reality they nerfed it by ensuring 5-2-2-1 dropped instead of 4-4-4-4 which just shows how retarded their thinking is.

The devs are retarded and incapable of basic fucking interaction between them and their player base, your lucky if you can get a response and its a miracle if you get solid statements. If you glance at their forums you can see its nothing but fanboys who will continue playing even if their the only ones playing. They had a good idea but they couldent put it to good use.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gold as an ingredient in crafting. WTF were they thinking. Especially since the only way to get gold is PVE.:x

Brian on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, you like the game overall, Arghy?

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arghy sounds like a fanboy, but just the opposite. Are you sure Tasos didn't steal your girlfriend or something?

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
    edited July 2009
    I gave them so many chances that i regret now not to mention days of my life hitting afk people on a wall- literally the entire game for me revolved around getting gold to buy regents to cast the same spells for hours for months, you couldent pvp unless you had 50 elemental magic and if you dident have 100 archery/melee you were also screwed.

Arghy on
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can I just correct you on something cause it's bothering me? It's reagents, not regents. You do not collect heads of state to cast spells.

Okay, I definitely feel you on the whole grinding thing on EU-1. I was very much upset about it too. Still, this is one of those things you come to expect of a new MMO. I can only think of one MMO release that's near perfect (relatively) in NA, and that's Aion (hasn't come out yet btw) and that's because it was released in Korea a year ago. Most other MMOs need a few months to get their shit straight. That's why I'm willing to give DFO another chance. Not now, but soon. I think it's unfair to dismiss all their progress simply because we're bitter about our previous experiences.

I personally had a lot of great experiences from my two short months on EU-1 (I admittedly didn't spend hours hitting AFKers; I just made up for my weakness with strategy). I mean, we were putting up with the game for a reason: it's a great concept. With luck, it'll grow into its own. If it doesn't, then believe me, I'll be here bitching right alongside you. But until then, I'm gonna give them a couple more months to straighten things out.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What gathering skill is associated with Tailoring? I thought Herbalism but apparently thats not it. Skinning? I want to make cloth not leather ~_~

Saban on
    371839-1.png
    edited July 2009
    Saban wrote: »
    What gathering skill is associated with Tailoring? I thought Herbalism but apparently thats not it. Skinning? I want to make cloth not leather ~_~

There is no gathering skill for cloth you just buy it from the merchant or kill mobs that drop it.

Arghy on
    edited July 2009
    :/.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
    edited July 2009
    You kill them for months, apparently.

Darkewolfe on
    edited July 2009
    My Alliances clan city is so fucking confusing i bindstone recalled from within the city walls.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • JNighthawkJNighthawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm contemplating buying this...

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
    edited July 2009
    JNighthawk wrote: »

Save yourself the large sum of money and just play a UO freeshard. You'll get bored of it just as fast and it wont run like complete garbage.

Brian on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Brian wrote: »

Save yourself the large sum of money and just play a UO freeshard. You'll get bored of it just as fast and it wont run like complete garbage.

What he said.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited July 2009
    Dyvion wrote: »

What he said.

I played UO for 4 years - no need to go back to it. My friend who was also a UO junkie has made a buy, so... I'll prolly be joining. I'm not worried about *any* game running like ass on my PC.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
    edited July 2009
    Dyvion wrote: »

What he said.

I played UO for 4 years - no need to go back to it. My friend who was also a UO junkie has made a buy, so... I'll prolly be joining. I'm not worried about *any* game running like ass on my PC.

Yea neither was I but this thing ran like a piece of shit. Get ready for the worst attended macro of your life.

Brian on
    edited July 2009
    The worse thing is its enjoyable in the beginning so you'll stay for that but once that wears off the game basically ends because you'll spend the rest of your life macroing skills.

Arghy on
    edited July 2009
    Arghy wrote: »
    The worse thing is its enjoyable in the beginning so you'll stay for that but once that wears off the game basically ends because you'll spend the rest of your life macroing skills.

Sorry, you've shown yourself to be completely biased beyond just disliking the game. Darius was right - you're exactly the opposite of a fanboy.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I watched Arghy go from thinking this was the best game ever, to damning it into the ground.

It's actually kind of funny. Sad. But funny.

Anon the Felon on
    edited July 2009

Sorry, you've shown yourself to be completely biased beyond just disliking the game. Darius was right - you're exactly the opposite of a fanboy.

Look we are not exaggerating this. This game is a macro grind. Period. You have no chances of competing with those that grind harder than you. You can not use the equipment that their grinding grants them access to. Your stats are nothing compared to theirs.

Brian on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    Yeah you really should have read this thread prior to release, Arghy was all about how great it was.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2009
    I was so happy until we reached the endgame, i never bothered to macro the entire game because i figured they would fix it eventually but NOPE! i watched the people i scoffed who afk macroed endlessly while they could begin to dominate while i get screwed and yelled at for trying to do the only thing that worked. Once you saw someone with high magic and skill literally wipe out entire groups you realized that no matter your skill you were dead unless you macroed for atleast 2 weeks straight it got really gay. I played since beta and i watched it go from hopeful to hopeless- the devs were incompetent and yelled at their players when ever they asked a question. I remember talking to everyone on vent and hearing that 8 out of 10 had used hacked programs because it was so simple and everyone used it, i remember looking at these mount wall farming spots and wondering how the hell they did it until someone scoffed at my attempts and linked me to the hacking website and told me i needed to warp in with my mount.

I dont have the patience to struggle through all this crap in hopes that my time investment might pull through when the game gets better when the game has a very real chance of crashing completely. I got tired of telling the GM's about exploits only to hear the GM's tell me they havent been able to talk to the devs because they dont bother to- their entire system consisted of the GMs repeatedly sending tells to offline devs then bringing it up to them when they were offline because it was the only way that worked.

Arghy on
  • Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Venkman90 on
  • X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Venkman90 wrote: »

OH SNAP. This makes me want to go back on the Darkfail forums to bask in their rage again.

X3x3non on
    edited July 2009
    They want a new forum where you have to have a Dorkfail sub to enter. Essentially they want to live in a little bubble where Darkfall is 15/10 every day.

Venkman90 on
    edited July 2009
    I'd rather live in a bubble than have to put up with relentless faggots who have nothing better to do than tell me the game i might be enjoying is terrible on its official forum.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I completely agree with forum posting limited to subscribers.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    edited July 2009
    I'd rather live in a bubble than have to put up with relentless faggots who have nothing better to do than tell me the game i might be enjoying is terrible on its official forum.

Homophobia is classy

Venkman90 on
  • goodtimesgoodtimes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Homophobia is classy

It's cool, he's just taking it back.

goodtimes on
    new sig underconstruction
  • X3x3nonX3x3non Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    goodtimes wrote: »

Homophobia is classy

It's cool, he's just taking it back.

Sounds like a cool community.

X3x3non on
    edited July 2009

tl;dr

"If someone pisses on my shoes all night at the pub, I don't care if I get crazed fellatio at closing time: I'm only going to recommend it to the glorious perverts who like the urine-feet thing."

Darkewolfe on
    edited July 2009
    4/10? Quick, someone call Aventurine and make sure they rip another one into Eurogamer. Certainly two separate reviews must be wrong.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    4/10? Quick, someone call Aventurine and make sure they rip another one into Eurogamer. Certainly two separate reviews must be wrong.

4/10. That's TWICE AS HIGH A SCORE as the last review. Obviously Aventurine was right. If the original reviewer had played as long as he SAID he did, he'd obviously have said, "This game is mostly shit" instead of "This game is complete shit."

Darkewolfe on
    edited July 2009
    My friend and I bought it two days ago and we're thoroughly enjoying it thus far.

JNighthawk on
    Game programmer
    edited July 2009

8-)

Unknown User on
    edited July 2009
    My friend and I bought it two days ago and we're thoroughly enjoying it thus far.

You might as well have sent that money to a Nigerian Prince. I see Aventurine as the same kind of organization.

Brian on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man.

My brother has an account for this (Without any time). Is this recommended for someone who misses ultima online?

Also I don't trust reviews, unless they are video reviews and even then not really but it is a good source for footage.

Burning Organ on
    edited July 2009
    Depends, what is it that you miss about UO?

Unknown User on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The constant feeling of danger more or less.

Never knew when a dude would come and wreck your shit.

Burning Organ on
    edited July 2009
    I haven't been following the game since it first came out, but I suppose it's got that element to it.

Just be prepared for 3x the macroing and .5x the amount of interactivity with the world/your character

Unknown User on