Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mini-Phalla] The Phalem Witch Trials - The End - Witches Win

189101113

Posts

  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Off to bed.

    !kime
    , because he never lives this long.

    Arasaki on
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright, I'll buy MacGuffin's story. He's never really been a blip on my radar, and honestly at this point if he's lying it won't matter much longer. It doesn't make sense to me for a witch to pull that kind of stuff at this point anyway.

    Dusda on
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    You didn't bold the "l" in "reveal." It kind of bothers me. . .

    Are you now? Ugh you bugger, why couldn't you have done this earlier? You wait until 4 hours before the game literally ends to give a reveal that cannot be proven in any way before endgame :(. And a reveal that doesn't seem to serve any purpose so far. . .

    Bleh. OK, assuming you are telling the truth, do you have any leads? Did you manage to get networked or anything?

    No I'm not networked and I don't have any leads. My asumption is that this reveal might help us by narrowing down the target by scratching me from the suspect list. If I where a witch the guard could step up and claim to be the real one, thus giving the village and the vig a sure kill this night by combining their forces. This of course also works vice versa.

    So fake guard reveal, I'm waiting. :lol:

    MacGuffin on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    If I where a witch the guard could step up and claim to be the real one,

    You're assuming in this scenario the real guard is still alive. We've had six deaths of people whose alignments and roles are unknown to us, and the deaths of many confirmed goodies that could have been the guard.

    That being said, however, I mostly believe you, I think. I just can't see a good reason a witch would do that (a fake reveal) now. It's a reveal that is unsubstantiated, and isn't even intended to save your life since you weren't getting voted or anything. So pointless to draw attention to yourself if you were witchy.


    Also, how is this guaranteed to end tonight? It doesn't matter if there are one or two witches left (and I'm assuming no more than that, although I think it's technically possible, but the same argument applies), I'm having trouble seeing how this has to end tonight. . . Someone want to spell it out for me please?


    Oh, and because I basically feel obligated to:
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    So fake guard reveal, I'm waiting. :lol:
    I'm the real guard! MacGuffin is a dirty witch liar and he should be burned for impersonating me!
    Goodness I'm lying, I hope no one actually believes that for any amount of time :(.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll go with Jaysonfour for now.

    MacGuffin on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All right, let's try this then. JaysonFour!

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour then.

    Zandracon on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Arasaki
    I don't think this Jayson vote is the right way to go.

    TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And the vote-winner doesn't even show up :(. Where's the fun in that?

    Ugh, now the long wait.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So it is done, then? Now we play the waiting game.

    Dusda on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey, guys. Let's see here...

    VGL was cool. Bought lots of cool stuff.

    You guys? Not so much awesome.

    The only two people who will be served by me burning are the witches and the butcher- Ultros64.

    I'm the friendly neighborhood dog breeder. Not a witch.

    See what happens when I get killed? The mafia wins. Happy now?

    JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Butcher?

    Dusda on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ultros and I have special win conditions- make sure the village wins while getting rid of the other guy. I doubt he's a witch, either.

    JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He wasn't, and he's been dead for a day now. Also, I'm aware of the special extra win conditions...which I suspect we all are.

    Dusda on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Ultros and I have special win conditions- make sure the village wins while getting rid of the other guy. I doubt he's a witch, either.
    I think you're actually a bit wrong. I don't think Ultros cared about you at all. I think it's more of a chain: you had to kill him, but he had to kill someone else. I'm not positive, of course.

    And most, if not all, of us had these extra conditions.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woo, who wants to bet we lost?

    Zandracon on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Woo, who wants to bet we lost?
    Neverrrrr! Victory is ourssss!

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Zandracon wrote: »
    Woo, who wants to bet we lost?
    Neverrrrr! Victory is ourssss!
    No way to know till tomorrow. It's still possible this goes on another day.

    Dusda on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Although Ohtsam did say Sunday was the last day. But yeah, I've been having a hard time figuring out how it was guaranteed to be the last day.

    Anyways, I'm tired, so I want to be all woo hoo we won! Who cares about reality!

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think it's a game mechanic. The court runs on government cash, usually means taxes. The tax collector was whacked about two or three nights back, so the court has only enough money to keep going for a few more days until it can no longer afford to pay the people who run it. So I think it was a mechanic- but not one that favors the village.

    JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I think it's a game mechanic. The court runs on government cash, usually means taxes. The tax collector was whacked about two or three nights back, so the court has only enough money to keep going for a few more days until it can no longer afford to pay the people who run it. So I think it was a mechanic- but not one that favors the village.

    Ugh, I hope not. Between the loss of our hired mercenary and this, that's a huge slant against the village.

    Dusda on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, since I might be about ready to run my mini, hopefully everything should go off without a hitch.

    JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Day 7
    The End

    Arasaki and Zandracon were desparate. They'd underestimated the mob mentality of the citizens of Phalla. Their brilliant plan to eliminate the witchs with the courts was failing. The two freemasons gathered together in their inconspicuous shed to discuss what to do.
    "How the hell are we supposed to kill the witches now"
    "The old fashioned way?"
    "But we don't even know who they are. It's hopeless"
    "Quite right" kime said as they were both newted.

    Today JaysonFour the Dog Breeder was on trial.
    "Alright so you you say you're not guilty and all we honestly have is your word so like yesterday just answer a few questions. Have you ever slept with your bitches?"
    "Of course not, thats disgusting, immoral, and above all impractical"
    "Alright we've already convicted someone for that anyway. Now what did were you doing on the night of February 28th?"
    "I was breeding dogs"
    "With what? DEMONS? Aha! So you are guilty. Using Witchcraft to create a demonic dog, how'd you think we wouldn't catch you?"
    "What?"
    "Not willing to talk? Fine. We have all we need. BURN THE WITCH!!!"

    The Trials were Over but the Fun was just Beginning.

    Dusda the Mailman was the last tradesmen in town left alive. With JaysonFour's dogs gone his life was also also made much easier. He took all the money that was to be delivered to all the now deceased tradesmen and bought a plantation in Wangsville.

    Kime and TheLawninator together gathered enough Newts to ressurect LonelyAhava and Enlightenedbum and grant themselves immortality. They then went on to massacre the villagers of Phalem a year later.

    MacGuffin, who was the sole member of the town militia managed to survive this massacre. But for his failure to protect the town, he lit himself on fire, jumped off a cliff onto sharp rocks, and shot himself on the way down. Despite this he managed to survive and lives as a cripple in New Dick city.

    And thus end the tale of the Crucible of Wang.

    Results

    Winners
    Kime -Witch
    Enlightenedbum - Witch
    TheLawinator - Witch
    LonelyAhava - Witch

    Dusda - Mailman


    Losers
    JaysonFour - Dog Breeder
    Macguffin - Militia
    Zandracon - Freemason
    Arasaki- Freemason

    Along with Everyone Else

    Ohtsam on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here come the pms
    Loxx
    You are the Blacksmith. You’ve been making horseshoes and various other tools for the village of Phalem for as long as you can remember. But something about these trials don’t seem right, it seems the town is getting into hysterics over some random hearsay. However it also seems like an opportunity. About 3 years ago __________ the tax collector swindled you out of your lifes savings and several years worth of profit almost causing you to go out of business. You’d sleep a little better a night if you were someone how to manipulate the court or the town mercenary to take care of your problem. Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and ___________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Tommy2Hands
    You are the tax collector. You’re are one of the most hated individuals in town but you take pride in the fact that your work is the lifeblood of this village since without you there would be no courthose to find those damnable witches in. Some recently have been calling for your resignation, such as ____________ the mailman who is calling you a money-grubbing government whore and ruining your reputation among the townsfolk. You realize that people are going to be wrongly accused in this trial perhaps it would be best if even if they aren’t witches were foul slanderers. You also believe it might be best for you to have the mercenary dispense justice.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and ____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Dusda
    You are the mailman. Everyday you deliver the mail that’s come in from across the colonies. Everyday you send the mail to the other colonies. That’s not to say your job is perfect however. Many orders come in for ___________ the dog breeder’s hunting hounds but the hounds themselves are not too friendly with you. You would love to see that dog breeding bastard get his due in the trials or by the mercenary’s hand for negligent his job in keeping his damn hounds under control.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    JaysonFour
    You are the Dog Breeder. You breed the finest hounds in the colonies. Every day you receive at least 15 orders for your fabulous hunting hounds. Lately however you’ve noticed your hounds have been getting sick and in a few extreme cases dying. You believe it to be the fault of that dirty butcher __________ whom you believe has sold you tainted meat out of jealousy of your extreme success. And you will see him get his due through trial or death.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Ultros64
    You are the Butcher. You cleave into the bodies of animals and turn their various guts and meats into edible and usable products. However your supply of meats has been decreasing greatly over the past several weeks and the rancher ____________ won’t give you a proper answer why. That asshole is holding out on you and you will make him pay either in trial or with some coercion through the hired services.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    delroland
    You are the Rancher. You raise cattle and pigs to be sold at market to be butchered into delicious tender meats. Your main supplier of food however the farmer _____________ has been charging you higher and higher prices for the feed you require to raise your cattle extorting you for greater profit. Your livelihood cannot sustain this so you think it best if the farmer find himself on trial or dealing with a life-threatening situation of his own.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    ToxicToys
    You are the Farmer. You raise various wheats, grains and grasses to be sold to people for food and to be used as animal feed. Your business is going well except for your good for nothing son ______________ who claims to be a writer but is really just living off your generosity and snubbing you for it. You believe your good-for-nothing son should get a swift kick in the rear by being forced into the trial or by getting his end another way, as long as he is gone you don’t really care.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Element Brian
    You are a Writer. You spend your day writing stories you hope will one day get published in a newspaper. However that’s the problem ____________ the news editor won’t put your stories into print and allow them to be read by the general public. The asshole is repressing your ability to be artistic and must be punished through trial or fire.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    GrimmyTOA
    You are the news editor. You spend long days slaving over pages of writing and a paper press to provide this town with the luxury of the printed word. It is good solid work, but the pastor ____________ has recently tried to take control of you work threatening excommunication in an attempt to get you to censor various stories in your paper. You’d find it fitting if a holy man was declared a witch or was mysteriously murdered in the night.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Sticks
    You are the Pastor. You preach the word of wang to the populace to lead them into eternal salvation. However It has recently come to your attention that _____________ the Herbologist has been downplaying the word of wang saying the religion is a shame and is lying for money. Such a heretic must be witch and must meet his end.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    The_Reflection
    You are the Herbologist. You spend days gathering plants and herbs and mixing them together into various tonics and drugs to be used by the populace as cure-alls. Recently however ______________ the beggar has been claiming your tonics caused his hair to fall out. Which they did but he was supposed to drink the damn thing. You believe that if he disappeared no one would care and you could continue going about business as usual.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    SpectralSpork
    You are the beggar. You wallow and filth and drink your own urine. But life wasn’t always like this you were once the apprentice of ________________ the carpenter who removed you from his service and sent you into the streets to live a life of poverty. You want revenge on the bastard.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Simonwolf
    You are the carpenter. You spend your days sawing wood and shaping into usable form for the people of Phalem. However your partner _______________ the lumberjack has been getting lazy and has been cutting enough wood to keep up with your demand. You believe there is something more afoot, including the possibility that he is involved with witchcraft.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Mr. Defecation
    You are the lumberjack. You chop wood and sell it to the carpenter. However recently you’ve found your axe has been going dull and the only person who is to blame is _______________ the blacksmith. By not keeping your axe sharp when you send it to him he must be trying to kill you or worse casting a spell of dullness on your axe.
    Win Condition: You must live to the end of the trials and _____________ must not.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Kime, TheLawinator, enlightenedbum, lonelyahava
    You are a WITCH. For too long you and your fellow witches __________, ____________, and ______________ have been put down and feared by the populace and no they shall fear the might of your newts spells. Every night you and the other witches may choose 2 people to turn into newts while they sleep.
    Win Condition: At least one witch must survive to the end of the trials.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Arasaki, Jason Todd, Zandracon
    You are a freemason. For centuries the freemasons have been a major force at work in the background behind Europeans and colonial politics recently however your order has discovered that there are witches residing in the town of Phalem. You have been tasked with investigating and manipulating the village into destroying the witches responsible and to that end you have set in motion the events leading to these trials. You and your fellow masons must makes sure all witches are exposed before the trials end.
    Win Condition: All witches die before the end of the trials
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services
    Mason List:

    Macguffin
    You are the local militia, all of it. Your gun and your training are the only things protecting the villagers from the witches during the trials. Every night you may select one person (can be yourself) to guard and protect from the mercenary or the witches.
    Win Condition: Make sure all witches are dead by the end of the trial and survive yourself.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Cj Iwakura
    You are a mercenary. Every night people will send the narrator orders with a. who they want killed and b. how much they are willing to pay you for it. This list will be sent to you and you will be allowed to choose one target from it. You are not aligned with any particular side.
    Win Condition: Survive long enough to earn $6500.

    Keika
    You are a priest of wang. Every night you may pray to wang and learn the identity and abilities of any player as well as their win condition.
    Win Condition: Survive to the end of the trials and see all witches destroyed.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Kay
    You are the town Gossip. All you do all day is spread rumors about who is sleeping with who and the like. Every day you may send me the name of a player and a role they might be and the rumor will be spread around town through the narration. (eg. Player1 is a damn dirty witch)
    Win Condition: Live to the end of the trials and see all witches dead.
    You also start with $1000 to hire the mercenary’s services

    Ohtsam on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    And I gossiped SO HARD about Kime, too!

    Kay2 on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Some notes
    Game was always going to be 7 days long. I just used the tax collector's death as an narrative excuse.
    MacGuffin wasn't informed in his pm but he killed whoever tried to attack whoever he was guarding (including himself)
    Half my mechanics were neutered on day 1 by the witches. (SCREW YOU ALL)
    The Freemasons were the worst Masons ever
    However I felt it went fairly well. Despite the ineptness of the village.

    Ohtsam on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    And I gossiped SO HARD about Kime, too!
    Hahahahaha! Eviiiiiiil!!

    Really, Kay, I'm surprised the village didn't jump on that. They've taken every opportunity to before :|.

    Also, reiterating the fact that I am eviiiiil! Finally! Rawr! Newt you all! And what the crap village? The one game I'm not being attacked for being "suspicious"?

    Goodie, I'm glad Dusda won too. I kind of felt bad lying to him so much :(.

    Oh, and I would just like to say once more that I am eviiil! And yey we won!

    Good game Ohtsam! Sorry for killing cj the first night. . .

    Edit: Yeah MacGuffin, you were scary. . . Not only did you guard, but you also killed one of us each time you did. Little more frightening to kill people when you put yourself on the line. . . Good job guarding though, two nights in a row.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    Well, I figured that after all the Phalla you'd been in, and been good, you were due an evil role! That, and I figured that putting you in the narration might push the vote your way. But it didn't work!

    Note to self: If Kime is suspicious in the narration, the village ignore his evilness. I even said Widow Kime because Witches are girls!

    (In all honesty, I just put stuff in the narration that I thought'd be funny, because I had no leads whatsoever, and everyone knows that Kime is in bed with Tommy and loves wonderful, magical cake.)

    Kay2 on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mmmmmm, cake.

    mmmmmm, Tommy.

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • SticksSticks Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My one concern with the obscured death mechanic of this game is that you have nothing to go on if the seer dies. I don't know how the village faired with this because I kind of lost track of the phalla after I died on Day 1, but I imagine it would be pretty damn difficult for the masons to win this after the seer died.

    Obviously the village proper didn't have to worry because we were all neutrals, but the good specials would need quite a bit of luck to compensate for the complete lack of information.

    Of course the obscured death mechanic is pure awesome in the context, so I can't blame you for using it.

    Sticks on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I told you guys the gossip was a mechanic and I knew kime was evil because I died after putting him in second

    M.D. on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You died due to Law's MIND RNG. Silly, who cared who was in second? Although out of curiosity, Ohtsam, what would have happened with ties? And would the vote have trickle-downed?

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If only people woulda killed you when I said kill kime

    M.D. on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If only people woulda killed you when I said kill kime
    :P

    This is what you get for crying wolf! If only you'd have been nice to me every other time. . .

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was an interesting game, even from the sidelines. Almost a not-a-phalla, but interesting. Thanks for running it, Ohtsam.

    GrimmyTOA on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    The gossip was a mechanic! A mechanic for me to put stuff in the narration, I had no idea who the witches were! :D

    What does 'vote trickle-down' mean?

    Kay2 on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was a fun game. Now we all can gang up on Kime the next game. :D

    Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    You died due to Law's MIND RNG. Silly, who cared who was in second? Although out of curiosity, Ohtsam, what would have happened with ties? And would the vote have trickle-downed?

    Those who were tied would've gotten a free pass and the next person would've gotten killed
    And in the case it was only the tie with no other votes those who were tied would've died

    Ohtsam on
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I said kill kime but noooo

    Arasaki on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stupid vigilante. :(

    But we won, yay!

    enlightenedbum on
    Herbert Hoover got 40% of the vote in 1932. Friendly reminder.
Sign In or Register to comment.