As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geek Lab

PtorasPtoras Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello.

Um. That was awkward.

Anyways, I need to get some color ideas on a room in my basement that I was going to convert into a sort of office/geek lab/extra bedroom. It has very little natural lighting, and a couple of fluorescent lights. What color should it be?

is this the right way to do this oh garsh

Ptoras on

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Depends on what all you'll be doing with it. Is it primarily for just hanging out? Some warm colors and some color-corrected bulbs will serve you well and make the room seem pleasant. Combine with posters for maximum effect. Pale yellow's a classic choice for that kinda thing.

Are you doing visual/photo work? Then you'll want to limit the posters, go for color-corrected bulbs again, and a midtone around 15-50% grey so your perception isn't wonky.

I'd say avoid black or pure white, though. Pure white'll feel like a prison, and pure black will absorb light too readily and could even muck with your mood.

yalborap on