Options

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rizzi wrote: »
    What's the best way to level a shaman?
    I'm thinking of picking up the enhancement shoulders and using the 2h heirloom axe until I get dual wielding.
    Thoughts?

Pretty much. Once you hit level 20 you get water shield and your mana issues get smaller and smaller until you get stuff like imp stormstrike.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So here's the top 20 most equipped items according to my Armory crawler (take with pinch of salt, it's only "completed" two servers, and is grinding to a halt on the third... yet to get access to the remote server to find out why):
    +-----------------------------------+------------+
    | name                              | item_count |
    | Guild Tabard                      |       5349 | 
    | Sigil of the Dark Rider           |       3536 | 
    | Mirror of Truth                   |       2706 | 
    | Soul Harvester's Charm            |       2239 | 
    | Plated Saronite Bracers           |       2000 | 
    | Valanar's Signet Ring             |       1955 | 
    | Keleseth's Signet Ring            |       1827 | 
    | Bladed Ebon Amulet                |       1781 | 
    | Tabard of the Wyrmrest Accord     |       1691 | 
    | The Plaguebringer's Girdle        |       1689 | 
    | Signet of the Dark Brotherhood    |       1662 | 
    | Sundial of the Exiled             |       1662 | 
    | Greaves of the Slaughter          |       1645 | 
    | Tabard of the Kirin Tor           |       1644 | 
    | Engraved Saronite Legplates       |       1523 | 
    | Bladefist's Breadth               |       1496 | 
    | Pendant of the Outcast Hero       |       1494 | 
    | Greathelm of the Scourge Champion |       1488 | 
    | Red Linen Shirt                   |       1456 | 
    | Bloodbane's Gauntlets of Command  |       1432 | 

I can pretty much explain all of them (helped by the fact a ton of them are lapsed DKs), but what's the deal with Mirror of Truth? I've never seen that before, let alone consider it 3rd most equipped item...

Lewisham on
  • Options
    LynxLynx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lewisham wrote: »
    So here's the top 20 most equipped items according to my Armory crawler (take with pinch of salt, it's only "completed" two servers, and is grinding to a halt on the third... yet to get access to the remote server to find out why):

I can pretty much explain all of them (helped by the fact a ton of them are lapsed DKs), but what's the deal with Mirror of Truth? I've never seen that before, let alone consider it 3rd most equipped item...

It's the best DPS trinket pre-Naxx? It's an item you buy with Emblems of Heroism.

Lynx on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lynx wrote: »
    It's the best DPS trinket pre-Naxx? It's an item you buy with Emblems of Heroism.

Aha. Awesome, thanks :)

I also guess my results means people's favorite color is red!

Lewisham on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Looks like a combination of:

- guild members
    - People trying out the DK zone, then abandoning it
    - people grinding rep
    - the fact that some of the Emblem of Heroism Trinkets are among the BiS for many people

shryke on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, I got to the champion level in the arguent tourney just now. They give you a squire. A young boy, looks about 12 or 13, carrying a ridiculously overloaded backpack. As a pet.

I'm not sure which part bothers me more. That an organization consisting primarily of paladins and other honorable servants of the holy light is presumably rounding up hundreds of children and passing them out as pets, or the horrors I'm going to subject this kid to. "Hey, squire, ever seen a dragon's belly? Come stand here for a second."

Seriously - it's bad enough that the orphanages send kids out once a week to be scarred for life at the hands of adventurers who think it's funny to summon them during raid boss fights. At least they take those kids away at the end of the week. This one's trapped forever.

Hevach on
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hevach wrote: »
    So, I got to the champion level in the arguent tourney just now. They give you a squire. A young boy, looks about 12 or 13, carrying a ridiculously overloaded backpack. As a pet.

I'm not sure which part bothers me more. That an organization consisting primarily of paladins and other honorable servants of the holy light is presumably rounding up hundreds of children and passing them out as pets, or the horrors I'm going to subject this kid to. "Hey, squire, ever seen a dragon's belly? Come stand here for a second."

Seriously - it's bad enough that the orphanages send kids out once a week to be scarred for life at the hands of adventurers who think it's funny to summon them during raid boss fights. At least they take those kids away at the end of the week. This one's trapped forever.

Just imagine the fun time they'll have in Battlegrounds and Wintergrasp!

Tyberius on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This one's trapped forever.
    As Number 58 on the road to 75, baby. :b

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&cn=Abnot&gn=Eternal

Ok, something fucking weird just happened, I logged out to make sure it updated to armory.

Check my Arena achievements under PVP. Note the odd thing:

Challenger: earned on 4/20
    Rival: earned on 4/20
    Duelist: earned on 4/20
    Gladiator: earned on 4/20
    Step Into The Arena: Not earned.

I just went through a portal and... I don't know, but all four achievements spammed and now my guild has named me Badiator.

Edit for image:

badiator.jpg

Hevach on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Go buy a leash.
    :winky:

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&cn=Abnot&gn=Eternal

Ok, something fucking weird just happened, I logged out to make sure it updated to armory.

I just went through a portal and... I don't know, but all four achievements spammed and now my guild has named me Badiator.

my next bank alt will be Badiator.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    mirarantmirarant Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Gained the Damage Control achievement yesterday while we we're killing the trash before Kologarn in Ulduar. I guess that static charge type friendly fire aoe managed to make the game flip out.

mirarant on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Just got Champion and found out I can't put a leash on my squire. This is bullshit D:

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    mirarant wrote: »

Gained the Damage Control achievement yesterday while we we're killing the trash before Kologarn in Ulduar. I guess that static charge type friendly fire aoe managed to make the game flip out.

Same thing happened to our Paladin healer last night in Heroic UtP. We finished the first abom right after the first pull and he got Damage Control.

Tyberius on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    What's the best way to level a shaman?
    I'm thinking of picking up the enhancement shoulders and using the 2h heirloom axe until I get dual wielding.
    Thoughts?

Pretty much. Once you hit level 20 you get water shield and your mana issues get smaller and smaller until you get stuff like imp stormstrike.

It's ridiculous how easy it is to be enhancement right now. I was leveling mine a bit over the weekend, his mana never dipped below 90%.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So I saw a great scam in trade yesterday. This guy was in the trade channel yelling "WTB Iron-Spring Jumpers, willing to pay up to 1800g." That set off a lightbulb in my head - hey! I saw a pair on the AH a few minutes ago for 1500! I should buy those and resell them to this guy!

I go to the AH and search them again...only to find that they're being sold for 1500 by the same guy who is allegedly buying them for 1800. I called him out on it in trade and he chewed me out in tells (after claiming he wasn't trying to scam people). It's a shame too, if he'd had the foresight to not be spamming on the toon he'd listed the boots from it probably would have worked.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I just waiting on some decent heirloom weapons to level my Shammy.

shryke on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So I saw a great scam in trade yesterday. This guy was in the trade channel yelling "WTB Iron-Spring Jumpers, willing to pay up to 1800g." That set off a lightbulb in my head - hey! I saw a pair on the AH a few minutes ago for 1500! I should buy those and resell them to this guy!

I go to the AH and search them again...only to find that they're being sold for 1500 by the same guy who is allegedly buying them for 1800. I called him out on it in trade and he chewed me out in tells (after claiming he wasn't trying to scam people). It's a shame too, if he'd had the foresight to not be spamming on the toon he'd listed the boots from it probably would have worked.

Damn .... that's a good idea.

shryke on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That scam is pretty old.. but they used to be smart enough to post the auction with their bank mule.

xzzy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I had a paladin guildy ask me to make a Titansteel Spellblade for him, which I had initially thought was a sword. When he turned over the mats and I saw that it was a dagger, I asked him if he was sure that's what he wanted. He said he was pretty sure he could use daggers, I linked it and again asked him if he was sure. He said "yeah, that would be fantastic thanks." So, I shrugged and made him his dagger that he'll have to sell now.

Dumb people are dumb, I guess. Thank god he's not a raider.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    That scam is pretty old.. but they used to be smart enough to post the auction with their bank mule.
    Yeah, that's just lazy.

On a related note, I just figured out how to move alot of my lower level BoE blues!

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I had a paladin guildy ask me to make a Titansteel Spellblade for him, which I had initially thought was a sword. When he turned over the mats and I saw that it was a dagger, I asked him if he was sure that's what he wanted. He said he was pretty sure he could use daggers, I linked it and again asked him if he was sure. He said "yeah, that would be fantastic thanks." So, I shrugged and made him his dagger that he'll have to sell now.

Maybe he was having you make it for a Mage/Warlock alt that isn't in your guild.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Seg wrote: »

Maybe he was having you make it for a Mage/Warlock alt that isn't in your guild.

Well I know it's his first 80, and that he doesn't play a super lot. I guess it could have been for someone else, but that wasn't the impression I got from him. /shrug

Edit - Disregard this entire topic, apparently I'm just retarded.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm a bit curious as to how you're the retard when he's a paladin who thinks he can use daggers?

Adus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    I'm a bit curious as to how you're the retard when he's a paladin who thinks he can use daggers?

Because I thought he was a paladin when, upon investigation today, he's a shadow priest. Don't know how I missed that one but...yeah. Whoops.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Adus wrote: »

Because I thought he was a paladin when, upon investigation today, he's a shadow priest. Don't know how I missed that one but...yeah. Whoops.

Well, it's an easy mistake to make. One of them wears pink Power Rangers armor, the other one looks like he's made out of shadows.... anyone could get the two confused.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, hence I'm wearing the retard hat for the remainder of the day. If I make an argument today, feel free to discredit me by referring to these posts.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So, finally made Champion and started up another races Valiant quests.

And I'm looking at the reward options for the Champion's Seals.

10g vs 250 rep? This is pretty dumb, considering I can buy a stack of runecloth for under 2g, which means 300 rep for less then 10g. Your better off taking the gold and doing the old school cloth turn-ins.

shryke on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    shryke wrote: »

10g vs 250 rep? This is pretty dumb, considering I can buy a stack of runecloth for under 2g, which means 300 rep for less then 10g. Your better off taking the gold and doing the old school cloth turn-ins.

so you can still do the champion dailies for one faction while doing the valiant quests for another?

IE: I'm silvermoon right now, I'm thinking of doing sen'jin next. Can I still do champion dailies for silvermoon while working for champion with sen'jin?

Nobody on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nobody wrote: »

so you can still do the champion dailies for one faction while doing the valiant quests for another?

IE: I'm silvermoon right now, I'm thinking of doing sen'jin next. Can I still do champion dailies for silvermoon while working for champion with sen'jin?

Yes

Brainleech on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Darkmoon Card: Death.

DISCUSS

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Need more input

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nobody wrote: »

Basically, when you start off, you can only be a valiant for your race. Once you become a Champion, you can do Champion Dailies and at the same time start working on valient quests for another race.

shryke on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well they just doubled the damage of the death trinket, and lowered the internal cooldown from 45 seconds to 30 seconds. I have been hearing that it's the new goblin lightning generator... what do you guys think?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i think that it's now worth using and can be had very cheaply.

i'm currently a 7 away from making one for an alt. i've made every card but two while trying for my nobles deck and the two i bought were 25g and 30g respectively.

get one cheap now before people realize it's worth using.

Angry on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Angry wrote: »

i'm currently a 7 away from making one for an alt. i've made every card but two while trying for my nobles deck and the two i bought were 25g and 30g respectively.

What are you playing nowadays - you still on Assgalore?

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

What does Death card come from? What deck?

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

transfered to magtheridon with a few people. joined a guild that consistently raided 25s. on mimiron currently.

Doomunit (fuck whoever took Lobster) is a death knight.

Angry on
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    undeath deck

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »

What does Death card come from? What deck?

undeath.

Angry on
This discussion has been closed.