As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The lumber/stone dailies are the shittiest fucking dailies anyway.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The lumber/stone dailies are the shittiest fucking dailies anyway.

If you have to pick the flowers for the sword daily it's across the river to chop down a few trees for the lorax

Brainleech on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If the stone/wood dailies were actually part of some cumulative server effort to build the argent coliseum I'd probably be more inclined to do them on a regular basis but they're not so fuck em.

-SPI- on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I do them because they take a few minutes and their on my quest loop for the rest of the dailies.

Pick up dailies at the tournament -> SW to Icecrown Citadel (kill scourge on the way) -> Straight east for the sword quest (grab lumber on the way) -> Cut north through Storm Peaks to turn quests in, grab stone blocks as I pass by

shryke on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They're still stupid and out of the way. No dailies go down in the direction the lumber one is - you don't need to gather the flowers for the sword, you can just sit at the lake and wait for someone to come and use them and then loot the sword. The stone one by contrast is way up in fuck-all of Storm Peaks where the only possible reason you could be going through them is if you're on your way back to the AT from doing your Hodir dailies.

I wouldn't mind the idea of dailies that you can pick up and which will fit into your circle of daily quests if it wasn't for the fact that the two together take up 4 bag slots which if you're going through a bunch of daily quests is a lot of wasted space for something you're not going to turn in until after you're done with your current dailies.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got A Simple Re-Quest from one of the Argent Tournament dailies.

I've only been doing them for three days.

reVerse on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    I got A Simple Re-Quest from one of the Argent Tournament dailies.

I've only been doing them for three days.

Did they ever fix that bug? because my blood elf warlock got the achievement for putting out the fires in slivermoon during halloween

My warrior and mage do not have it even though all I did on them was the skyguard dailies

Brainleech on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Tyberius wrote: »
    Heroth wrote: »
    Eh, i'm getting 23 gold per Champion daily, so i'm happy.

No kidding. Add the 2 valiant dailies that overlap and AT is cash money.

Seriously, no more lumber/stone dailies for me. Fuck them, I have enough on my plate now since I'm doing them on 2 people. (Main for mounts, alt for pets for my main!)

Wait.

Are the pets not BoP like the Oracle pet?

DAMNIT.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Do most PAers play together or do you just come here to post? I have been patching for 3 days now...and I have to leave for a week tomorrow :(

WoW is my escape drug that I need so I am not sure if I should start this up again or not but I am going to try it for a bit and see how it goes.

Fizban140 on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm active on the Something Awful forums and ended up rolling a new character to play with Goon Squad on Mal'Ganis after some attempts to find timezone-compatible PA folk to play with. I check these threads because it's a slightly different pace and set of viewpoints here.

devoir on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We're all scattered I think - I play with Nobody and 1 or two other people that post on here from time to time. There's a whole smattering of PA guilds on Dark Iron but they have their own forums.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am excited about these nerfs.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Do most PAers play together or do you just come here to post? I have been patching for 3 days now...and I have to leave for a week tomorrow :(

WoW is my escape drug that I need so I am not sure if I should start this up again or not but I am going to try it for a bit and see how it goes.

Shameless plug, we have a guild of PA guys and gals on Dreanor. It's nothing huge, but we are pretty active and fairly helpful. There is a thread around here somewhere.

If you want to join up with us, just create an alliance char and join the channel /pa. We try to patrol it for newcomers, if not send a tell to someone in Clawhsrimp and Co and they can get an invite for you.

RedDawn on
  • AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    RedDawn wrote: »
    Fizban140 wrote: »

Shameless plug, we have a guild of PA guys and gals on Dreanor. It's nothing huge, but we are pretty active and fairly helpful. There is a thread around here somewhere.

If you want to join up with us, just create an alliance char and join the channel /pa. We try to patrol it for newcomers, if not send a tell to someone in Clawhsrimp and Co and they can get an invite for you.

Ninja Plug.

If you're EU there is an Obsidian Spur guild on Azuremyst :)

/join pa and ask anyone for an invite.

Afty on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Im one of like 2 people from the original OS that stills posts here.

Maybe 3 on wednesdays.

Kai_San on
  • HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Im one of like 2 people from the original OS that stills posts here.

Maybe 3 on wednesdays.

I'm hurt.

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=51107.0

3.1.1 incoming. Including talent reset.

Would someone mind posting a copy & paste of this link? It's blocked by work.

wusoldjr on
  • DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MMO-Champ wrote:
    Ulduar 10-Man
    Ignis - Scorch now inflicts 3770 to 4230 damage. (Down from 4713 to 5287)

Ulduar 25-Man
    Ignis - Scorch now inflicts 6032 to 6768 damage. (Down from 7540 to 8460)
    Thorim - Lightning Charge now inflicts 17344 to 20156 damage. (Up from 13875 to 16125)
    Thorim - Chain Lightning now inflicts 4625 to 5375 damage. (Up from 3700 to 4300)

Ulduar Hard Modes
    Flame Leviathan - Tower of Frost now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
    Flame Leviathan - Tower of Storms now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
    Flame Leviathan - Tower of Flames now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
    Thorim - Sif's Frostbolt Volley now inflicts 11250 to 13750 damage. (Up from 9000 to 11000)
    Thorim - Sif's Frost Nova now inflicts 14138 to 15862 damage. (Up from 9425 to 10575)
    XT-002 Deconstructor - Heartbreak now increases damage by 35% (Up from 30%) and health by 45% (Up from 40%)

Death Knight (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Unholy
    Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs magical damage up to a maximum of 50% of the Death Knight's health. (Down from 100%)

Warlock (3.1 Skills List / 3.1 Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Demonology
    Fel Synergy now give you a 50/100% chance to heal your pet for 15% (down from 50/30%) of the amount of spell damage done by you.

In the next upcoming minor content patch, we will be wiping all talents which should fix a majority of talent issues that players have been experiencing. This talent wipe will not affect glyphs, but when reapplying your talent points, please be careful to match them up to the glyphs that you currently have placed.

I think that was it.

Darkstryke on
  • BerenBeren Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    XT-002 Deconstructor - Heartbreak now increases damage by 35% (Up from 30%) and health by 45% (Up from 40%)

Oh baby you know just what I need.

Beren on
    PS4: DarconvillesCat
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You need more hard on hard mode? o_O

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited April 2009
    Thank you, Darkstryke.

wusoldjr on
    edited April 2009
    Demonology
    Fel Synergy now give you a 50/100% chance to heal your pet for 15% (down from 50/30%) of the amount of spell damage done by you.

I didn't understand the reason for putting 2 points in to this talent and get a reduced chance to heal your pet. 1 point seemed to be the better deal. Was I missing something in the current version of this talent?

wusoldjr on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    Demonology

I didn't understand the reason for putting 2 points in to this talent and get a reduced chance to heal your pet. 1 point seemed to be the better deal. Was I missing something in the current version of this talent?

Isn't it 50% chance per point to heal your pet for 15% of damage you deal?

The nerf just looks like it adjusts the healing provided.

xzzy on
    edited April 2009
    I'm guessing it was a typo of the chance to activate?

Darkstryke on
    edited April 2009

It's the debuff, so it should be increasing damage taken by 5% to the heart.

I think.

Beren on
    edited April 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    Demonology

Isn't it 50% chance per point to heal your pet for 15% of damage you deal?

The nerf just looks like it adjusts the healing provided.

The current version (3.1.0) with 2 points gives you a 100% chance to heal your pet for 30%, while 1 point gives 50% chance to heal your pet for 50%.

50 for 50 with 1 point seemed better. But now thinking about it more, I guess always healing for 30% is better than healing 50%, 50% of the time.

wusoldjr on
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So when are the servers planned on coming back up?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited April 2009
    Uh.....3,4 hours I think?

Darkstryke on
  • CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Beren wrote: »

I think.

No - Heartbroken increases the damage and health that XT does/has.

It's a buff to hard mode.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Caedere wrote: »

I think.

This isn't a buff to hard mode,

It is the hard mode.

If you kill the heart he gets the health fully restored as well as the buff to health/damage

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think.

It is the hard mode.

If you kill the heart he gets the health fully restored as well as the buff to health/damage

Right, but they just increased his health and damage slightly for hard mode in the new patch.

captaink on
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think.

It is the hard mode.

...right..and they just increased the "buff to health/damage" he gets when you put him into hard mode making this patch a buff to hard mode.

Edit: captaink's beating me, owe, owe, make him stop!

Dman on
    edited April 2009
    Well son of a bitch, then.

Beren on
    edited April 2009
    Well son of a bitch, then.

yeah XT is a bitch, we downed it on 10 man but it was still a pain even after we realized we needed to be dpsing the heart. If we have exactly the same 10 guildies this week I think we should be ok, but I'm not looking forward to trying it with anyone who doesn't know the fight or slacks on dps.

Dman on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Any fight where you need 4 AOE on 10-man to stop the adds getting to him can go fuck itself.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    XT doesn't seem like that much of a complicated fight. Then again I am a tank.

TheCrumblyCracker on
    edited April 2009
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Any fight where you need 4 AOE on 10-man to stop the adds getting to him can go fuck itself.

yeah we had a rogue who wanted in and we pretty much had to tell him no. mage+hunter+ele-shaman each got a corner and retadin+healers+death knights watched the 4th while dpsing the heart/healing. Not only do you need aoe dps but melee aoe has to be careful not to explode bombs on itself (hence healers dps'ing bombs)

Dman on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    XT doesn't seem like that much of a complicated fight. Then again I am a tank.

It really didn't seem complicated at all for me or my group. Despite what others have said about it being the harder fight. I guess me knowing to dps the heart going in was what gave us the edge but we had a much better time with him than the other two shit-heads before him.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    We ruined Ignis and Flexo last night, but Razorscale kept giving us shit. It seemed like we weren't getting the adds down fast enough and it just seemed like a more chaotic fight overall.

Javen on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    We ruined Ignis and Flexo last night, but Razorscale kept giving us shit. It seemed like we weren't getting the adds down fast enough and it just seemed like a more chaotic fight overall.

Hit the harpoons the INSTANT you can as it pauses add spawning. I forget, do any of those adds heal?

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
This discussion has been closed.