As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I FLEW BEYOND THE SUN BEFORE IT WAS TIME

• Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I like this album!

surpriiiise

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So favorite songs?

I think Crack the Skye is my favorite on this new one

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    either Crack the Skye or Oblivion or Divinations

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    sars what if i dont really like mastodon

Kovak on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So tempted to get the limited edition.

Rock Lobster! on
    Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    sars what if i dont really like mastodon
    kovak i will accept this only on the grounds that you make another outkast thread

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i was thinking about making a tupac thread

Kovak on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    acceptable

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it would be a nice change of pace

the southern contingent loves outkast a lot, and rightfully so but dang the west needs more representation right now

jesus fucking christ, soulja boy

why did you kill hip hop

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So tempted to get the limited edition.
    oh my god that shit is so insane!

Snork on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    god i cannot afford it but i want it so bad

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    it would be a nice change of pace

the southern contingent loves outkast a lot, and rightfully so but dang the west needs more representation right now

jesus fucking christ, soulja boy

why did you kill hip hop
    THERES STILL HOPE ANJIN

NEW DOOM ALBUM IS OUT

ITS REAL GOOD

GET THAT SHIT MONEY

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    shit son

dudes is like jimmy olson

they want the news

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Everyone loves Rasputin.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got my ticket for their show here on April 25th. I am quite excited about this upcoming event of EPIC PROPORTIONS.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    GantZGantZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It doesn't compare to Blood Mountain I think, Crack the Skye is a little to soft for me.

Still a great fucking album tho

GantZ on
    powah.jpg
    Redeemer wrote:
    GantZ, cock now.
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Everyone loves Rasputin.

?

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ra ra rasputin

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I really liked Blood Mountain, but being a thrash/death metal guy I really dug Remission the most.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    that cover smacks of cheesy photoshop filters
    the drawings themselves are cool, but that background is awful, the text frame is forming tangents with the top of the dude's heads and ...it's just gaudy as fuck
    they used a god damn cloud filter on the background!
    it could have been incredible
    but instead some awful designer took some good illustrator's work and fucked it up.

/art snobbery.

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Beavo: Raining on other people's parades circa 2009.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

i just rain on the parade of bad design.
    there are too many good graphic designers in the world... why are shitty ones still getting jobs?

beavotron on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    beavotron wrote: »

i just rain on the parade of bad design.
    there are too many good graphic designers in the world... why are shitty ones still getting jobs?

Godlessness and sodomy.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    GantZGantZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I want to have sex with Brent.

All.Night.Long

GantZ on
    powah.jpg
    Redeemer wrote:
    GantZ, cock now.
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Everyone loves Rasputin.

?

!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I guess Mastodon isn't bad, but I can't really listen to much of it without getting bored.

They don't rock hard enough for my liking.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I guess Mastodon isn't bad, but I can't really listen to much of it without getting bored.

I should punch your mother. I would then be known as a person who is a mother puncher.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The guy who did the artwork on the album is a guy called Paul Romano. Also, he does all the work on the album covers, including the placement of images so if the apparently shitty graphic designer is also the artist who drew everything.

You should check his site out: http://www.workhardened.com/
    VA666_Slayersm.jpg

VA007_IonDsm.jpg

VA001_Convergesm.jpg

Edit: YES I KNOW (now) SARS BOY POSTED HIS SITE ALREADY. FUCK YOU.

Morgenstern on
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The guy who does the Mastodon art is normally fantastic, I think he just tried to go a little too psychedelic with the Crack the Skye art. I still like it, but it looks a little cheesy compared to the other stuff.

Snork on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I can't believe you guys are complaining about cheesy album art for a metal band

seems like that's the point here

also my god this is excellent

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I can't listen to it too long without getting a headache from the crazy compression. Which is a shame, because I really like the music.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    http://www.mastodonrocks.com/news

Hah, watch the Blender interview video. One of them has a painting of JonBenet Ramsey, and one has a massive Star Wars toy collection.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited March 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    There is a paraplegic and the only way that he can go anywhere is if he astral travels. He goes out of his body, into outer space and a bit like Icarus, he goes too close to the sun, burning off the golden umbilical cord that is attached to his solar plexus. So he is in outer space and he is lost, he gets sucked into a wormhole, he ends up in the spirit realm and he talks to spirits telling them that he is not really dead. So they send him to the Russian cult, they use him in a divination and they find out his problem. They decide they are going to help him. They put his soul inside Rasputin's body. Rasputin goes to usurp the czar and he is murdered. The two souls fly out of Rasputin's body through the crack in the sky(e) and Rasputin is the wise man that is trying to lead the child home to his body because his parents have discovered him by now and think that he is dead. Rasputin needs to get him back into his body before it's too late. But they end up running into the Devil along the way and the Devil tries to steal their souls and bring them down…there are some obstacles along the way

ugh

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Best concept album since The Wall!

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited March 2009
    There is a paraplegic and the only way that he can go anywhere is if he astral travels. He goes out of his body, into outer space and a bit like Icarus, he goes too close to the sun, burning off the golden umbilical cord that is attached to his solar plexus. So he is in outer space and he is lost, he gets sucked into a wormhole, he ends up in the spirit realm and he talks to spirits telling them that he is not really dead. So they send him to the Russian cult, they use him in a divination and they find out his problem. They decide they are going to help him. They put his soul inside Rasputin's body. Rasputin goes to usurp the czar and he is murdered. The two souls fly out of Rasputin's body through the crack in the sky(e) and Rasputin is the wise man that is trying to lead the child home to his body because his parents have discovered him by now and think that he is dead. Rasputin needs to get him back into his body before it's too late. But they end up running into the Devil along the way and the Devil tries to steal their souls and bring them down…there are some obstacles along the way

ugh

Anyone who thinks this is cool has no right to criticize Rob Liefeld

POUCHES ARE COOL AND SWORDS LET'S USE SOME POUCHES AND SWORDS

RASPUTIN AND SPACE ARE COOL LET'S USE RASPUTIN AND SPACE

It's the same fucking impulse, people!

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    eh

i disagree

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    one is an artistic crutch because of a lack of talent, which ain't got a thing to do with crazy space adventures

these men managed to make moby dick twice as badass as it originally was, backwards name

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

ugh

Anyone who thinks this is cool has no right to criticize Rob Liefeld

POUCHES ARE COOL AND SWORDS LET'S USE SOME POUCHES AND SWORDS

RASPUTIN AND SPACE ARE COOL LET'S USE RASPUTIN AND SPACE

It's the same fucking impulse, people!

Say one more work about Mignola and we will have words.

Words, I say!

(unless you don't know who Mike Mignola is)

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is their best album hands down.

And holy shit the last track is on MySpace, my night is complete.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

GIVE ME BACK MY BOOK

NOW

Calamity Jane on