Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Touchy Power Supply

InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
So. I moved into this house almost a year ago, and we've been on metered electricity the whole time. What this means is that whenever we run out of cash, the power trips out, doing a power of bad things to anything that's turned on at the time.

My computer stopped turning on first time a few months ago, it'd take a few tries, I put it down to a shaky supply from the wall.

Now however, it'll only turn on if I first turn off the 4-gang it's plugged into for a few seconds and turn it back on, then hit power on my computer.

I've not seen any untowards effects, data corruption or anything of the sort, so is this something I should worry about, or is it just the PSU watching its back by not turning on when it's receiving suspect power?

gBpkw.jpg
Insanity on