As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

roommate "cleans" and possibly throws my stuff away

2»

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    This is true, but going to the RA and saying "OMG she pulled a knife on me" is disingenuous.

I don't have to point it at you and say "I'll cut ya bitch" to come across as threatening. If I'm waving a knife around and telling you "how dare you not do my bidding as outlined in Note III, Subsection 2.a, you're lucky I didn't break/throw your shit out" that's threatening regardless of whether or not I'm pointing the knife at you.
    Ioga wrote: »
    Well Dana seems to have issues with normal concepts like not being a dictator over areas of your living space or not throwing away someone else's things on an angry whim. It wouldn't surprise me if she didn't understand she was brandishing a knife :P

Yeah, small wonder her boyfriend dumped her ass. I mean, I know that crazy girls are wild in bed as well, but that's only fun for so long. :P

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Maybe just mention the Dana throwing out your stuff intentionally because she was unhappy with you, and leave out the part with the knife.

Unless she actually did hold it in a truly menacing way where she was aware she had a knife and that she was pointing the edge or tip of it at you. That type of stuff is more of a judgement call.

Also, you should be getting your other roommates involved, as it sounds like she is going to do more crazy shit, and try to blame others on it to turn it into a 4 way free for all.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RA's do have better things to do, like drink and play video games. However, much like a sys admin has better things to do than back-up the server, it's just too bad that's what they're paid for. Go talk to your RA, and be polite and helpful to them. Explain the situation. Don't exaggerate (if she really did threaten you with a knife, you should certainly say so, just don't stretch it) and try not to get emotional or anything.

Once your roommates started stealing/destroying your things, it became an issue that is definitely worthy of bringing up with the housing coordinators/your RA.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    RA's do have better things to do, like drink and play video games.

Thank you. RA's are people too!

John Matrix on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, wow. She sounds pretty bugshit loco. Getting outside help would be the way to go; talk to your RA.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    amelia_kateamelia_kate Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Made an appointment to see the RA. Can't until TUESDAY and I am gone for the weekend. Thanks for the advice (being less passive aggressive, talking to authority) and I will update this when I get everything fixed! I don't plan on mentioning the knife thing, 'cause I think she just would have waved anything around in her hand while talking and she just happened to be holding a knife. Hopefully everything can be (peacefully) resolved.

Also, I'm really loving that site, http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/..... it definitely makes me feel better about my roommate relationship, seeing everyone else who has problems. :)

amelia_kate on
  • Options
    truck-a-saurastruck-a-sauras Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Made an appointment to see the RA. Can't until TUESDAY and I am gone for the weekend. Thanks for the advice (being less passive aggressive, talking to authority) and I will update this when I get everything fixed! I don't plan on mentioning the knife thing, 'cause I think she just would have waved anything around in her hand while talking and she just happened to be holding a knife. Hopefully everything can be (peacefully) resolved.

Also, I'm really loving that site, http://www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/..... it definitely makes me feel better about my roommate relationship, seeing everyone else who has problems. :)

glad you like the site. your thread reminded me of it and got me to sign up for the email subscription there. Everyone has experienced the notes and the fury they incur, only in retrospect are they hilarious. Too bad the sticky note pointed at the cockroach mentioned earlier in this thread was not photographed. That is just so sweet I can taste that one.

truck-a-sauras on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Steam
    XBOX
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For the sex that is supposedly all about communicating feelings, they're terrible at it.

I shouted AMEN, BROTHER! when I read this. Then my gf looked at the screen, looked at me, and now I have a bruised shoulder.

I'm contemplating telling her that this proves a point, but I don't want to wake up castrated.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!