As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh Mr. [chat]ley

NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Nocturne on

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I emailed my TA with questions over the paper, dropped the paper off like she asked so she could review it, and she emailed me back with a more detailed explanation of the issues in the second half that led to a lower mark, but also stated because of the research she'd bump the mark up 3 points.

Woo.

Though, now I feel bad because I was expecting just a more detailed explanation of what I could have improved on, not an increase in mark.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    As mentioned previously, Queequeg is the Brock Samson for the 19th century.
    With much interest I sat watching him. Savage though he was, and hideously marred about the face - at least to my taste - his countenance yet had a something in it which was by no means disagreeable. You cannot hide the soul. Through all his unearthly tattooings, I thought I saw the traces of a simple honest heart; and in his large, deep eyes, fiery black and bold, there seemed tokens of a spirit that would dare a thousand devils. And besides all this, there was a certain lofty bearing about the Pagan, which even his uncouthness could not altogether maim. He looked like a man who had never cringed and never had had a creditor. Whether it was, too, that his head being shaved, his forehead was drawn out in freer and brighter relief, and looked more expansive than it otherwise would, this I will not venture to decide; but certain it was his head was phrenologically an excellent one. It may seem ridiculous, but it reminded me of General Washington's head, as seen in the popular busts of him. It had the same long regularly graded retreating slope from above the brows, which were likewise very projecting, like two long promontories thickly wooded on top. Queequeg was George Washington cannibalistically developed.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-girl-spanked-19-mar19,0,121995.story

Ok new thing added to the list of ways not to treat a sexual assualt victim.

Beating her.
    I hope everyone is starting to understand just how many moms refuse to believe their kids when they accuse the boyfriend/husband of sexual abuse

hint: a lot

That's pretty monstrous. The fact that it isn't very surprising just makes it worse. :|

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aegis wrote: »
    So I emailed my TA with questions over the paper, dropped the paper off like she asked so she could review it, and she emailed me back with a more detailed explanation of the issues in the second half that led to a lower mark, but also stated because of the research she'd bump the mark up 3 points.

Woo.

Though, now I feel bad because I was expecting just a more detailed explanation of what I could have improved on, not an increase in mark.

Someone here went balls deep grats Aegis.

Yeah medo its disgusting the level of "My daughter is making up stories" some women go through when their boyfriend/husband/man in their life, is abusing their daughter. I don't know what kind of sick human being can ignore abuse to their flesh and blood for someone they are just swapping fluids with.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That comic brings back memories.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mmm, candy.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    With much interest I sat watching him. Savage though he was, and hideously marred about the face - at least to my taste - his countenance yet had a something in it which was by no means disagreeable. You cannot hide the soul. Through all his unearthly tattooings, I thought I saw the traces of a simple honest heart; and in his large, deep eyes, fiery black and bold, there seemed tokens of a spirit that would dare a thousand devils. And besides all this, there was a certain lofty bearing about the Pagan, which even his uncouthness could not altogether maim. He looked like a man who had never cringed and never had had a creditor. Whether it was, too, that his head being shaved, his forehead was drawn out in freer and brighter relief, and looked more expansive than it otherwise would, this I will not venture to decide; but certain it was his head was phrenologically an excellent one. It may seem ridiculous, but it reminded me of General Washington's head, as seen in the popular busts of him. It had the same long regularly graded retreating slope from above the brows, which were likewise very projecting, like two long promontories thickly wooded on top. Queequeg was George Washington cannibalistically developed.

Did he ever decapitate somebody with a bemulleted shark?

Because I mean, there are minimum standards here.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

Woo.

Yeah medo its disgusting the level of "My daughter is making up stories" some women go through when their boyfriend/husband/man in their life, is abusing their daughter. I don't know what kind of sick human being can ignore abuse to their flesh and blood for someone they are just swapping fluids with.

it's easier to deny something than admit you brought a person into your child's life that hurt your child in such a terrible way

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Medopine wrote: »

Woo.

it's easier to deny something than admit you brought a person into your child's life that hurt your child in such a terrible way

The culture of "blame the victim" that infests many religious communities doesn't help either.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I thought I remembered hearing that a lot of mothers end up suicidal after "discovering" the truth, is that true? Or do you not know?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    I think I might brought the cop thread back on track.

I'm a hero in my spare time.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it's easier, but it also makes you a nigh unforgivable monster.

Ludious on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    this should have been "Now you [chat]in' with bacon"

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ludious wrote: »

An eye for an eye leaves everybody firing wildly into the middle distance.

Not that it's terribly relevant to what you said, it just popped into my head for some reason.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

An eye for an eye leaves everybody firing wildly into the middle distance.

Not that it's terribly relevant to what you said, it just popped into my head for some reason.

Never said they should be taken out back and shot, they should just have their children taken away from them

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I should use my newfound powers to kill the fat thread.

Kill it like burger the fatties munch on.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

When you get older and your metabolism slows down, I hope you stare at your belly and weep.

Ludious on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lady [chat]terley's Lover is the best [chat] title.

Leitner on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was looking into volunteering for the neighborhood watch, but their website is all about jerking off the Cinci police :|

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I was looking into volunteering for the neighborhood watch, but their website is all about jerking off the Cinci police :|

Don't you know neighborhood watch is just code for Snitches on Patrol? You're helping them figure out who to extort for money.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

When you get older and your metabolism slows down, I hope you stare at your belly and weep.

I already do, Lud, I already do.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Don't you know neighborhood watch is just code for Snitches on Patrol? You're helping them figure out who to extort for money.

I don't know if cincinnati cops take bribes. I'm pretty sure they're just in it for the murder.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Not everyone gets fatter as they get older.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

I figured it would be more of a "Walk around with flashlights and deter break-ins" kind of deal. Oh, well.

TL DR on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Woo.

The culture of "blame the victim" that infests many religious communities doesn't help either.
    this, so much this

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I figured it would be more of a "Walk around with flashlights and deter break-ins" kind of deal. Oh, well.

You don't have to be a member of a group to do that. Find some buddies and do it.

Ludious on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Did he ever decapitate somebody with a bemulleted shark?

Because I mean, there are minimum standards here.

Before they set to sea Queequeg spends most of his time wandering around Nantucket trying to sell his collection of embalmed human heads.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You don't have to be religious to blame the victim.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

to be fair, Frank hovers on the border of ludicrous and fucking creepy in such a way that it makes him MORE creepy.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Way to not help him lud, you judgemental prick!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And you can be Religious and be a victim's advocate. I know I am. I hate the blame-the-victim attitude that is so pervasive in the south. Oh, people don't say it anymore, but it's amazing what you can say with half an eyeroll and a smirk. "Oh she was asking for it dressed like that"

Ludious on
  • Options
    thisisntwallythisisntwally Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

You don't have to be a member of a group to do that. Find some buddies and do it.

There are some "community [somethings]", people who ride around on bikes downtown. They are probably more what you were hoping for. I can't remember the second word, but its on their shirts... something like diplomat... but not... oh well.

thisisntwally on
    #someshit
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I also believe in natural selection. He was clearly voted off the genetic island. His frail husk just hasn't been notified yet.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I also believe in natural selection. He was clearly voted off the genetic island. His frail husk just hasn't been notified yet.

True, if it wasn't frank from Donny Darko it would be the broom from fantasia or something.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Time for wine.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7FKO5DlV0

That's the only media that has ever frightened me to any large degree. It's still unnerving but I can watch it from end to end and go on with my life.

Ludious on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, that was tedious.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Cinders wrote: »
    Well, that was tedious.

Last time I'm ever sleeping with you Cinders you asshole!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Genesis is pretty awesome, yes.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.