Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[EverQuest] 19 years of misery and memories.

1161718192022»

• ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Yeah, you can choose to start in your normal home city if you have a paid sub but otherwise you start in Crescent Reach.

Firiona Vie is one of the more populated servers, presumably because of the special ruleset. There is also Brekt, which is basically the same but doesn't have as long a history, so the economy isn't so screwed up. If you want a higher population Live server, Xegony and Luclin seem to have the most players. None have many people playing below level 100 though.

You can't transfer Vet Rewards (or get them back if you delete a character), but if you check your entitled time using /played, you get one to use for every year you played. I have 17 years entitled time even though I created my account in 1999 but also didn't play for 10 years, so I have no idea how they're calculated.

I think they only added vet rewards for up to so many years, and after that you don't get anything else. I could be wrong though, I haven't looked into it

they stopped making new rewards at like 14 or so i think it is, but you still accrue a new availability to give them to a character every year

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Yeah, you can choose to start in your normal home city if you have a paid sub but otherwise you start in Crescent Reach.

Firiona Vie is one of the more populated servers, presumably because of the special ruleset. There is also Brekt, which is basically the same but doesn't have as long a history, so the economy isn't so screwed up. If you want a higher population Live server, Xegony and Luclin seem to have the most players. None have many people playing below level 100 though.

You can't transfer Vet Rewards (or get them back if you delete a character), but if you check your entitled time using /played, you get one to use for every year you played. I have 17 years entitled time even though I created my account in 1999 but also didn't play for 10 years, so I have no idea how they're calculated.

I think they only added vet rewards for up to so many years, and after that you don't get anything else. I could be wrong though, I haven't looked into it

they stopped making new rewards at like 14 or so i think it is, but you still accrue a new availability to give them to a character every year

I believe I did /claim on my Berserker once... is that the Vet rewards thing? Is there a way to tell if my character has gotten any vet rewards?

I'm afraid of cleaning out any of these alts as of yet -- some are from when my best bud in high school used my account to mule stuff though, so... I'm up to 7 character slots thanks to the +3 from the loyalty vendor, so I'm 9 of 7. Buying the 3 additional character slots is tempting but honestly having went through the tutorial yesterday not sure I'll be diving too much into it, heh.

time to crash, the dawn is up, the sun gleems out glorious ps4 sunbeams and i can trade those sunbeams and do whatever i want with them.
  • McFodderMcFodder 'SploringRegistered User regular
    I'm still having a lot of fun on one of the most recent progression servers, but they do need a paid sub to play on. The Velious expansion hits Mangler around the end of the month, should be fun - I'm only playing very casually so still only 41 myself but should hit 60 before Luclin hits with any luck.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / NNID: Fodder185
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Man, I don't know if it's because I'm on a Ryzen 3700X with a stupid amount of ram, or it's because I have the game on a pretty beefy SSD now, or if they just finally got around to optimizing the game, but the thing loads a lot better than I remember. Outside of the timeouts when trying to connect to servers, that is.

Went through all the Free To Play Servers to see what characters I have.

My highest is Kromdor, a L75 Dwarf Berserker on Povar. Second highest is Dagedan, a L56 High Elf Bard on Xegony.

Have... 3 different Necromancers from 11 to 23, each of a different race on a different server. Three beastlords, too, again on 3 different servers. Man, I was obsessed with soloing.

Since Povar used to be... Moren Rasp and Quellious, which I used to have characters and alts on, I have 9 characters that have ended up on Povar, need to clean those up since I can't really login with them. I don't know if there are any veteran character rewards I should get from old characters before clearing them out or what. Any thoughts? I guess if nothing else I should mule all their gear.

Looking at the server list, one stood out -- Trakanon. Apparently they created it back in 2010 as a "new" server, non progression. I was trying to figure out why it was the only server that never got merged. You can apparently transfer off for free but no one's allowed to transfer to it. (And a quick search suggests that the server's effectively dead, even for F2P servers.)

Edit: Oh, F Vie never got merged either. Apparently it's... a RP server (but no one cares), but has double XP and there's no such thing as an item you can't trade?

Edit2: LOL, the game forces you to start in Crescent Reach now. No more Iksar newbie experience.

loading time improvements are almost certainly thanks to the SSD, that's what SSDs do, make things load fast

BahamutZERO.gif
    Chanus
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

I believe I did /claim on my Berserker once... is that the Vet rewards thing? Is there a way to tell if my character has gotten any vet rewards?

I'm afraid of cleaning out any of these alts as of yet -- some are from when my best bud in high school used my account to mule stuff though, so... I'm up to 7 character slots thanks to the +3 from the loyalty vendor, so I'm 9 of 7. Buying the 3 additional character slots is tempting but honestly having went through the tutorial yesterday not sure I'll be diving too much into it, heh.

/claim is for bonus items they’ve given out as promotions over the years /veteran will let you claim vet rewards on a character. you can tell if you have them or not in the AA window (I think V by default to bring it up). as a note: they don’t work on progression servers until the server has reached the expansion they began in, which i think is gates of discord

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone