As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BSG] Turn 35 - Game Ends (Human Victory!)

• Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    7 isn't that hard, and getting a look at another player's card would be nice. I say we take the check.

Edit: I can help a considerable amount. Also, if anyone could cheaply make this check go face up, it would make things easier on not overshooting an easy check.

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not a lot I can do on a Politics/Leadership check.

I wont be putting anything in

Osvik on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Same, I'm a pilot. I shoot things, pew pew.

No cards contributed here.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gaius, what's your call?

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We're insane not to do this. I'm going to have to discard if we don't.

Choice A. And I'll take a Politics card.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm not going to be playing an Investigative Committee. However, I will be able to help quite a bit with this check.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OsvikOsvik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I contribute 0 cards

Osvik on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I contribute two cards

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Boomer already said no contribution from her, so I'll contribute 1 card. I feel like we're going to overkill this one...

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I contribute 0 cards

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So, who should I look at? On the one hand, Jdarksun has been kinda suspicious. On the other hand, Chief is president. Leaning towards Jdarksun.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think we still need you to lay down cards for the check though.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Plutonium wrote: »
    I think we still need you to lay down cards for the check though.
    I think I still need to know what I have in my hand before I can do that (I've got a card coming).

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I contribute three cards.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And if we pass, I'm gonna look at President Chief's loyalty card.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Informing the Public (difficulty 7, Politics, Leadership)

Politics 1
    Politics 2
    Politics 3

Leadership 2
    Leadership 2
    Leadership 2
    Leadership 2
    Leadership 2
    Leadership 2

Engineering 4

6 + 12 - 4 = 14: crisis passed!

Continuing to inform the public about the human variant of Cylon, Dr. Baltar focuses his research on the current president Tyrol.

Raiders
    incoming!

1d8=2
    1d8=1
    1d8=5
    (SB: Evasive Maneuvers 2) 1d8-2=3
    1d8=6
    (SB: Evasive Maneuvers 2) 1d8-2=2

The remaining Cylons all open fire on Starbuck, very nearly scoring a few hits, but she manages to get out of the way just in time. The fleet is nearly ready to jump.

currentboard2.jpg

Players and Turn Order

Thanatos - Gaius Baltar - Holding a press conference in the Press Room
    jdarksun - Karl 'Helo' Agathon - Lounging in the Hangar Deck
    Osvik - Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace - Chasing raiders in a viper at 9 o'clock
    Plutonium - Admiral William Adama - Enjoying Tyrol's comfy chair in the President's Office
    FrostMist - Sharon 'Boomer' Valerii - Watching the civilians at 3 o'clock
    TheMadjai - President Galen Tyrol - Knuckledragging in Command

Resources

Fuel 6. Food 8. Morale 9. Population 11.
    Jump Track: 3/5 Jump Prep (jump at -3)
    Boarding Party: Clear
    Raptors: 4 In Reserve
    Vipers: 2 in Reserve, 6 in Use
    Nukes: 1
    Galactica Damage:

Massive Deployment: Keep this card in play until the fleet jumps. Each time a basestar launches raiders or heavy raiders, it launches 1 additional ship of the same type.

Space

1 O'Clock: Clear
    3 O'Clock: 1 Heavy Raider, 2 Civilian Ships, Boomer
    5 O'Clock: 2 Civilian Ships, 2 Vipers
    7 O'Clock: 2 Civilian Ships, 1 Viper
    9 O'Clock: 1 Basestar (Undamaged), 1 Heavy Raider,4 Raiders, Starbuck
    11 O'Clock: 1 Basestar (Undamaged)

Dr. Baltar, your check on Tyrol is incoming.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Can raiders move locations if there's a viper in their space?

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ...that was stupid of me, yes. One minute, I'll get that resolved. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    That was shameful. :lol:

Results are updated - first two raiders missed, third hit but was evasive'd, fourth hit but was evasive'd. Fixed board up in a second.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tyrol's a frakking toaster!

We need to get his ass out of the presidency and into the Brig ASAP.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    *eyeroll* Really? It's always the quiet ones.

Well, I appreciate you outing yourself as a Cylon by accusing me, Dr. Baltar. Unfortunately, this places more suspicion on the person you previously cleared as human. In either event, I happen to trust Commander Adama, hoping that you cleared him not to collude as fellow cylons, but rather to attempt to gain yourself an ally in jailing an innocent later on. I will not allow a machine and a regrettable decision on the part of humanity to further deter us from our course to Kobol.

Mr. Agathon, if you would be so kind as to either move to the admiral's quarters and place Dr. Baltar under arrest or allow me to place him there myself, the fleet would thank you.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Helo, either brig Chief Toaster, or move to Admin and put the presidency on yourself. There is at least one card in that hand we really don't want a Cylon to have.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Helo- I hope you're doing the right thing for the fleet. Losing more than a quarter of our population to jump with no immediate threat is dangerous, but it's done now. May the Lords of Kobol guide your roll. Starbuck, once you're back on Galactica with all of our brothers and sisters with us, gods willing, put your turn to good use, or give it to me. I don't want a frakkin' toaster to be able to subvert us on *two* challenges.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Starbuck, you'd have to be a frakkin' retard to listen to Chief Toaster. Of course he wants you to XO him, so he can frak with all of us. You should brig him yourself, and not go handing out extra turns to Cylons willy-nilly.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I can help on the roll. Meanwhile, we need to determine what the hell is going on. Returning the presidency to me might be an option too, or shipping it to someone else.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I actually haven't made the choice to jump yet. I've simply declared my move.

Neither of you are helping the situation. Anything either of you say should be taken, at best, with a entire shaker's worth of salt.
    How, exactly, would someone "give you a hand" with declaring your move?

Unless you're asking people to tell you what's in their hand. Which, as I pointed out earlier, is against the goddamn rules.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Please do keep up on the secrecy stuff. Failure to do so will end with you being flushed out of an airlock. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's a bit of a gray area, but I'd say it's perfectly fine for someone to move to a location and ask if someone can help out; just like how it's fine for someone to lie about whether or not they can help out, suckering someone into an unwise action. (Not that I'm saying this is happening here.)

If you have a different interpretation, I'd certainly be glad to hear it and work it out.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hb- PM sent.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The good news is that one of them is guaranteed to be a cylon, and neither of them has a turn coming up anytime soon. Plenty of time to ferret them out. I'm A-Ok with having a human and a cylon in the brig, because as long as they keep accusing each other and neither reveals, the cylon can't be frakking with us from the cylon locations, and they both can spend their time shipping out XO's. If both of them want to try to keep up the facade, more power to the humans. It's in the Cylon's best interest to reveal immediately though.

Personally, I think Baltar's probably the Cylon, just from the way he's been generally obstructive and trying to lawyer rules against the humans' best interests, but I could be wrong, and it's better safe than sorry.

Meanwhile, are you going to be flipping the switch Helo? We're still in a pretty good position, fleet-wise, and if we wanted to take the time to scout a bit, grab the presidency, and throw these fools in jail, I think we could auto-jump just fine. The Quorum has some handy cards that could help us with that.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You probably should specify what deck you're scouting and what power tactics card it is.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Trust your instincts, Adama. You know as well as I do what I can do with these quorum cards, and anything we can do to avoid needlessly dumping skill cards away on something that doesn't need a skill challenge is just what the fleet needs right now. If Starbuck won't listen to me, she'll listen to you. So say we all.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sorry, but the situation requires certainty. If I was in the same situation as you, I would be a-ok with going to the brig if it meant that the cylon would be going as well, and couldn't frak with the fleet with their reveal action.

As soon as either of you reveals, we'll have our answer. It will be nice and fast - after all, all three of us know what's in the Quorum deck.

Besides, the Brig's a pretty nifty place - one less crises and one more round of XO's to help us win, along with the peace of mind that we're not going be getting any of those nasty reveal actions.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure the whole secrecy thing was just Baltar being obstructive to the humans. The only thing that's needed to be secret is the specific strength of the cards in your hand and played face down, and the specific wording of your contributions to a check - the only words you can use are "A little," or "A lot."

Cards placed face-up as actions are supposed to be public, and it's perfectly OK to say something like "I have a lot of tactics."

BTW, experience from a previous game - Cylon Ambush is a pretty decent destination. 1 fuel for three distance, and a single SP'd nuke can fix everything up in one action half the time.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am also supportive of brigging both Baltar and Tyrol until we figure this out. Baltar first, since it's much more likely that he is a cylon. Sorry Tyrol, but it's much more beneficial for the humans this way.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Also - cool thing. If Starbuck wanted to discard a card and move to administration on Colonial One with her movement step, she could totally activate it to give the presidency to me and then immediately XO me, since I'm already in the president's office. She gets two actions on her turn because she started out in a viper. The Errata specifically mentions that this is allowed. Super Efficient.

The Quorum hand has some cards that would help us greatly in this situation. We still have vipers out there to block shots to the civvies, in case of multiple raider activations. Or if we don't want to take the risk of double heavy raider activations, I can XO Helo on my turn and he can scout then flip the switch.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It's a bit of a gray area, but I'd say it's perfectly fine for someone to move to a location and ask if someone can help out; just like how it's fine for someone to lie about whether or not they can help out, suckering someone into an unwise action. (Not that I'm saying this is happening here.)

If you have a different interpretation, I'd certainly be glad to hear it and work it out.
    If you can tell me what the difference is between asking "can anyone help with this roll" and "who has Tactics cards between three and five strength," I'll agree. But if we're going to do that, then we can basically all figure out what a substantial portion of most of our hands is through process of elimination. "I'm considering launching a scout; who can help with the roll?" "Since I'm XO'd, I'm considering launching two scouts; who can help with both rolls?" "I'm considering XOing one of the pilots; who can fire more than two shots if I XO them? Who can fire more than five?" "If we short this skill check by two points, who can help?" And the rules actually explicitly forbid lying about what's in your hand; they in fact explicitly forbid saying anything about what is or isn't in your hand, other than how much you can help with a skill check.

But hey, maybe I'm the only one who reads the rule that way. But if we're allowed to use it like this, then I'm totally going to start doing that, because knowing what everyone else has in their hands is going to help out our side a lot.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    How about a compromise then. I'll walk into the brig willingly for the sake of the fleet, but I remain president while I'm there. No one's going to XO me, as everyone seems pretty set on jumping and then watching to see what happens, and if you're right about me, then my first logical action in the brig is to declare I'm a cylon, and the presidency passes from me right then anyway.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    TheMadjai wrote: »
    How about a compromise then. I'll walk into the brig willingly for the sake of the fleet, but I remain president while I'm there. No one's going to XO me, as everyone seems pretty set on jumping and then watching to see what happens, and if you're right about me, then my first logical action in the brig is to declare I'm a cylon, and the presidency passes from me right then anyway.
    You want to keep the presidency so you can fuck us over with it. You can still draw and play cards from your hand. You're trying to get us to keep you out of the brig so that you can fuck with us come your turn. We put off brigging/dethroning you, on your turn you play a card from the Quorum hand or reveal and brig one of us/damage Galactica/(is there anything else?). We're not idiots.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I know the contents of the Quorum Hand, Chief. That's not happening.

The whole point of this is not to give either of you a potential chance to use your reveal action. Once one of you has had enough and decides to take a one-way blunt-force trip to the resurrection ship, we'll know who's telling the truth and who's lying. In the meantime, it's all good for the humans, because we're gonna get a lot of scouting done with those extra XO's both of you will be dishing out to prove that you're human. Losing the crises is no loss.

In a way, it would be kind of cool if you were the cylon, because it would prove that Thanatos isn't, and by extension, prove I'm not one either. Your recent 'offer' right there doesn't exactly help your odds.

Plutonium on