As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Max Payne 3 coming this Winter

• Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    ANYWAY.

As far as I am concerned, if I wanted more of the same I'd go back and play the old goddam games.

So no I don't care what gets changed, I like new. So I evaluate the new based on how it works overall. No point walking into the game with my mind already made up is there. Why even play it if you know the game so well.
    There's new and there's "This isn't really the same game at all but we put the name on it like it is so buy it for the name!"

Man how did you get the game. Please don't spoil the ending if you must be so advanced of the rest of the pack.
    It's not my fault all of the media hints at it being a grungy thuggy Condemned 2 style game.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am the NMA of Max Payne

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

tofu on
  • Options
    redoctoberredoctober Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    awsome?

redoctober on
    burritopic1xd.gif
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ANYWAY.

As far as I am concerned, if I wanted more of the same I'd go back and play the old goddam games.

So no I don't care what gets changed, I like new. So I evaluate the new based on how it works overall. No point walking into the game with my mind already made up is there. Why even play it if you know the game so well.
    There's new and there's "This isn't really the same game at all but we put the name on it like it is so buy it for the name!"

Man how did you get the game. Please don't spoil the ending if you must be so advanced of the rest of the pack.
    It's not my fault all of the media hints at it being a grungy thuggy Condemned 2 style game.

One image, one logo and a press release?

The overwhelming evidence you have for your position has clearly shredded my flimsy argument into tatters. I retreat before your ironclad conclusions.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ANYWAY.

One image, one logo and a press release?

The overwhelming evidence you have for your position has clearly shredded my flimsy argument into tatters. I retreat before your ironclad conclusions.

Yeah I think this is probably the most premature you can possibly be in forming an opinion on ... well pretty much anything

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Well everyone said to "just wait, fallout 3 will be radicially different from all bethesda games that ever came before. They'll have lots of story and there will be actual humour and they might even put more than half a seconds thought into the dialogue."

...and that turned out sooooo well
    :x

EDIT: not like I'm bitter or anything

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I heard Fallout 3 was pretty great though

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Olivaw wrote: »

I enjoyed it, but from what I understand it's pretty much nothing like Fallout of the past.

I think that's what's being implied here, is that the Bully people will try to make it more "their" game than a Max Payne game.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

I enjoyed it, but from what I understand it's pretty much nothing like Fallout of the past.

Yeah, I liked Fallout 3 for what it did (especially the atmosphere of wandering the wastes), but really it was nothing like the previous two. As far as I'm concerned they could have just as easily called it Oblivion 2300 and it would have worked.

The writing was pretty mediocre to outright bad, and I can't really remember a a single memorable character. They promised 100's of variations on an ending like in the previous Fallout games, where you could see what effect you'd had on the wastes, that was pretty much a lie (the less said about the ending in general, the better. Tacked on doesn't even begin to describe it). In the original games I felt as if my actions were actually changing and affecting the wasteland, here the quests just felt like... quests. There just wasn't a sense of being part of a living, breathing wasteland like there was in the original games

Not that I'm castigating the game, it still does what it set out to do really well. Just that if they had chosen any other name for the title and the game would have still been that way. And when you get to that state, I can't say there was any real point in adopting the franchise in the first place. It really was Oblivion with guns. A better, more cohesive Oblivion, and that's certainly why I was able to enjoy Fallout 3 where I wasn't interested in Oblivion at all, but without the writing, interesting characters, and most importantly really giving the player choices which at least gave me the impression of implications for the wasteland, it just seemed as if they took the superficial stuff from the franchise and missed the actual point of it.

subedii on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What the hell.

We get to use examples from different development companies as examples now?

Yeah?

Well I heard this team of guys made a game called jedi outcast after darkforces 2, wasn't the original developers but I hear it was pretty good.

Or how about we don't do that.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Meh, I was just responding to Fallout 3 cropping up. Realistically I had about as much faith as anyone that Bethesda might actually come through when they constantly said they'd come up with something different to Oblivion (and to be honest, didn't really).

Same rules apply here. At the moment we don't know much about Max other than he's got a hobo beard.

EDIT: I still would have preferred it if this was the last in the franchise, but I guess that comes more down to if they can actually pull off a story for this one. I just always expected the series to end at number three, and with Max's death.

subedii on
  • Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Congratulations, thread. I've now bought Max Payne 2 again, because of you.

But yeah, you can't decide what Max Payne 3 will be like based on GTA IV's story. Max Payne never had a good story anyways. It was the style and atmosphere that made the game. However, 'till we get any new info, I'm going to look at that beard and cry about how Rockstar is raping my childhood. For funsies.

Muddy Water on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seriously you all are acting like a bunch of NMA retards right now.

Calm down. Have a Zanex.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Calm down. Have a Zanex.

Xanax. Zenax. :wink:

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Calm down. Have a Zanex.

Come now, I thought you'd be used to it coming off of the Dawn of War thread. :P

subedii on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Calm down. Have a Zanex.

Xanax. Zenax. :wink:

I'm fucking tired.

TK I will rape you with a Sandman tonight for this insubordination.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dunno if I can link it or not, but "No Mutants Allowed!", RRRR

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    All I'm saying is that people see the current media, judge the current media, and Moringlord is getting his knickers in a twist over it. And Zen, but I don't think his knickers ever un-twist.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dunno if I can link it or not, but "No Mutants Allowed!", RRRR

I was referring to the National Marine Aquarium.

tofu on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All I'm saying is that people see the current media, judge the current media, and Moringlord is getting his knickers in a twist over it. And Zen, but I don't think his knickers ever un-twist.

Actually, I think the problem is that people look at the current media and immediately judge the entire game. They immediately write it off, bemoaning the death of their beloved franchise and the memories and joy it once gave them.

As if one screenshot was able to undo time and experience itself and thus should be shunned (SHUNNED I say!) into the very bowels of the earth.

Now...being apprehensive? That's understandable, considering it's a different studio, not the same writer (I never realized Sam Lake was so...revered around here), and the visual style seems to be something new. Apprehension is okay. Downright declarations of Armageddon, however, seem just a tiny bit premature.

(Plus, he does have a point. You've already got MP1 and MP2. If all you want is more of that...go play them. I, however, hope for MP2 made better.)

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    the fuck is a knicker?

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    the fuck is a knicker?

...You're kidding me, right?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    the fuck is a knicker?
    A sock.

And wait, Mr. Jarvi isn't working on this game?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    the fuck is a knicker?
    A sock.

He's working on Alan Wake...still. Along with the rest of Remedy.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Marikir wrote: »
    the fuck is a knicker?
    A sock.

He's working on Alan Wake...still. Along with the rest of Remedy.
    What a terrible writer/actor/studio.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Alan Wake is never going to come out anyway, they should just give up and take over Max Payne 3 from Rockstar

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    PMAvers wrote: »
    the fuck is a knicker?

...You're kidding me, right?

no im not serious. fakeposting 101

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I happen to like my knickers all twisted. The tight bunched up feeling rubs all the good spots ooooh yes.

And you are saying all media again, as if there's enough media that all could be used.

Sorry man three bits isn't enough.

All I'm saying is that people are seeing three bits of media, judging three bits of media, and I happen to find the conclusions they are jumping to ridiculous.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    On the topic of Max Payne, are there any good mods for 2? I know there was Kung Fu and some others for the first, but I enjoyed 2 a lot more and I'd like to get some more life out of it.

TwistedJester on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I heard the kung fu mod for the second wasn't made by the same guy and wasn't anywhere near as good.

It's a pity.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wait what Max with beard picture

I want to see

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    zimfan wrote: »
    wait what Max with beard picture

I want to see

It's only on the first page of this thread.

Which makes him look like Sam Fisher.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    in reality Max Payne 3 is just the videogame version of Gran Turino

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    On the topic of Max Payne, are there any good mods for 2? I know there was Kung Fu and some others for the first, but I enjoyed 2 a lot more and I'd like to get some more life out of it.

Cinema Mod.

Sepah on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh I see the beard pic

don't like it

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Sepah wrote: »

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

It's hard to play without it anymore

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I happen to like my knickers all twisted. The tight bunched up feeling rubs all the good spots ooooh yes.

And you are saying all media again, as if there's enough media that all could be used.

Sorry man three bits isn't enough.

All I'm saying is that people are seeing three bits of media, judging three bits of media, and I happen to find the conclusions they are jumping to ridiculous.
    They are judging the media. All the media. All three peices of the media. How awful of them?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

CALLIN' ALL FREAKS

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Cinema Mod.

Cinema rules

CALLIN' ALL FREAKS

THAT'S THE NAME OF THE GAME

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.