As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] The Blighting of Kroburrow

• Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Gwim sighs. "Finally." He rolls his eyes at the group like the combat took longer than necessary, but he follows it up with a grin and a wink, so that they don't try to kill him in his sleep.

He spends the next few minutes searching this room, with both his mystic and mundane senses.
    Spend a surge to go to 36 HP

Perception and Arcana (1d20+2=22, 1d20+7=22)

Critical perception, eh, eh?

cytorak on
  • Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Perception:
    The statues have nothing of value on them, but the small room in which Darthan and Gwim now stand has a coffin with the following inscribed,

“Here lies Banoth, first guardian of Dulengras’ Seal.

Banoth was faithful, kind and generous.

He performed his duties until the ages claimed him, but his generous sprit will live on for those he deems worthy.”

Arcana: Reveals the mechanics of the Crypt:
    Generous Casket:
    Each player may make a single request for an item of level 7 or lower of the Generous Casket. Once everyone has made their request you may open the Casket and retrieve your items.

As the party gathers in the small room to look at Banoth’s final resting place the chanting heard before now stops. Only a few moments pass before the silence is broken by a loud CRACK. The air in the cave seems to heat up as a rush of air passes through the tunnels.
    The end is nigh!
    Make your request of the Casket and then give me a !ready when you are ready to move on.

Dajian on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Staff of Expansion
    This collapsible pole is fashioned from a corroded copper pipe.
    Level: 7
    Price: 2600 gp
    Implement (Staff)
    Enhancement: +2 attack rolls and damage rolls
    Critical: +2d4 damage

Power (Daily): Minor Action. Before the end of your next turn, the next close or area attack you make that has a burst area of effect gains a 1 square increase to the size of its burst.

!Ready

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Goblin Totem Dagger +2, please.

+2 to damage and attacks
    +2d6 on Crits
    An additional +2 damage to targets that are Medium or larger. In other words, everything except cats and other goblins. :)

I rolled my Wild Soul, which I haven't gotten a chance to do yet, so I am Resistant 5 lightning, and I ignore up to 5 resistant lightning on enemies until my next extended rest.

!ready

cytorak on
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Stupid lvl 7 grumble grumble grumble
    Iron Armbands of Power

!ready

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Iron Armbands of Power

!ready

Or lower.

As soon as Mhen Chimes in we will move forward. Please go ahead and add your items to your myth weavers sheet.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dajian wrote: »
    Iron Armbands of Power

!ready

Or lower.

As soon as Mhen Chimes in we will move forward. Please go ahead and add your items to your myth weavers sheet.

Which is why I took a lvl 6... 800 GPs gone... just like that :(

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Totally spaced on the fact Mhen was unavailable today, but I don't want to move on till he gets his prize. Plus I want everyone on board for the next part.

So we will pick up tomorrow morning.

Dajian on
  • Options
    ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Mhen humbly asks forgiveness for his delayed request. Then he asks politely for a
    +2 Hungry Spirits Totem
    Level 7
    +2 attack and damage rolls
    +2d10 damage on crit
    Property: On a critical hit you can move your spirit companion to a space adjeacent to the target
    Power: Daily, Healing, Free action.
    Trigger: You hit an enemy adjacent to your spirit companion with a primal attack power.
    Effect: You and an ally within 2 squares of the enemy can spend a healing surge.

EDIT:
    Spending 1 surge to take me to 36/43

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    As the heroes finish their requests and push back the top of the Casket a dull blue light shimmers within. After a moment all that is in the Casket is a collection of items. Each looks ancient but still in good condition.
    After each of the Bone Eagles take their items a disembodied voice sounds in the room,
    “Hurry. You are the protectors now.”

Moving onward to the source of the heat the Bone Eagles squeeze down one last tunnel before finding the source.

The tunnel opens onto a large room with stone floors and rugged walls. At the far end of the room is a large statue in the shape of a toad with ugly horns protruding from its body. Above the statue you see a swirling vortex of fire and with the vortex you see an eye peering through. It is the eye of Dulengras and it is watching a hooded figure standing before it.
    “They are here. Do not fail me again. The time for my emergence is at hand!”

The hooded figure turns to face the heroes. He is the same man you saw fleeing just before the attack in Willoan. Though you see his features more clearly now and it is not a pleasant sight. The man is gaunt and his skin is gray and taught, like the skin of an animal after being dried and tanned.

He pulls back his hood revealing long white hair and something more. Three glowing skulls rise to circle his head and a sly grin shows on his disturbing face. With utter contempt he addresses you, “Welcome to your doom Bone Eagles.”

He begins to laugh in a low maniacal voice and you see the stone floor begin to crack in front of you. Hands begin to crawl their way up from the ground. Undead seem to be at this man’s beckon call and he has summed a small army for you to deal with.

Map:
    732aon.jpg

Notes:
    Make sure you have your new items on your sheets and the last encounter was a milestone so everyone has an action point to use.

Roll Initiative!

EDIT:
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 36/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:3/7 AP:1
    Darthan 33/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Dirk 43/49 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:19|14|13 PP|PI:18|11 - HS:6/11 AP:1
    Mhen 26/43 HP - AC:16 F|R|W:16|13|18 PP|PI:27|22 - HS:10/10 AP:1
    Thorn 31/52 HP - AC:22 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:8/11 AP:1

Look over that and tell me if I have anything wrong. Also feel free to spend more HS before the fight starts and just tell me how many HS you have left and your current HP.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I'm gonna spend 2 surges and just suck it up about the whole overhealing thing, taking me to full health (because I'm sick of wasting heals on myself) and 8/10 HS remaining.

Also, if anyone wants it, I had a Healing Spirit left after the last battle, so (Dajian permitting) one of you can get a free 1d6 HP back if you so choose (since I don't know for sure if you're taking it, whoever uses it should go ahead and roll it.

Oh, one more thing: can we assume I kept Tock out and nearby, thereby giving everyone +3 to HS's during rest-up time (via my spirit boon)?

And lastly: Initiative=17

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Gwim chuckled. "'Welcome to your doom?' Man, you need to step up your evil leader banter. Throw in some sarcastic clapping or something."

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Also, if anyone wants it, I had a Healing Spirit left after the last battle, so (Dajian permitting) one of you can get a free 1d6 HP back if you so choose (since I don't know for sure if you're taking it, whoever uses it should go ahead and roll it.

Oh, one more thing: can we assume I kept Tock out and nearby, thereby giving everyone +3 to HS's during rest-up time (via my spirit boon)?

Yup all good.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    Gwim chuckled. "'Welcome to your doom?' Man, you need to step up your evil leader banter. Throw in some sarcastic clapping or something."

What can I say, I love cheesy villains. If you win he may slow clap as he dies.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dajian wrote: »

What can I say, I love cheesy villains. If you win he may slow clap as he dies.
    That wasn't a knock against you, Dajian; it's Gwim being a cocky jerk and subtly winking at the camera, as it were. :P

Also, a deathbed slow clap would be awesome.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Initiative: 19
    Alright, let's take care of business.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm spending a HS to bring me back up to full. Used 1/9 HS so far.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Round 1
    The hooded man produces a gnarled piece of wood that must be his staff and prepares himself for battle. Looking around the room there now stand fifteen zombies who look to be naught but skin and bone. Three more arise close to the hooded man that seems a more intact and muscular.
    Map:
    732aon.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 36/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:3/7 AP:1
    Darthan 42/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:8/9 AP:1
    Mhen 43/43 HP - AC:16 F|R|W:16|13|18 PP|PI:27|22 - HS:8/10 AP:1
    Skull Lord 36/36 HP - AC:22 F|R|W:19|20|21 PP|PI:16|16 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Master of the Grave (aura 2) Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Thorn 49/52 HP - AC:22 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:7/11 AP:1
    Z1 50/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z2 50/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z3 50/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Zombie Minions (15) 1/1 HP - AC:13 F|R|W:13|9|10 PP|PI:9|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic;
    Notes:
    C6 - D7 Are impassable and stand 4 feet high (enough to provide cover).
    Next Up: Gwim

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Do I have a shot on Z1?

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Do I have a shot on Z1?

He has cover from the minion standing infront of him but you can shoot at him. (-2 penalty for cover)

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Hoping to cause as much damage as possible, Gwim uses his new dagger to hurl a plume of flame at one of the glowing skulls. The creature shrieks as it catches fire, and the blaze quickly spreads around the creature.
    Flame Spiral vs. Z1 (1d20+6=16, 2d8+12=22)

Until the end of my next turn, all enemies that start their turns adjacent to Z1 or enter a square adjacent to him take 6 damage.

Even Roll: +1 to AC.

Doofus note: I had a stroke and put Skull Lord in my IC post; I meant, Z1, obviously, since I asked about it. :)

If you want me to reroll that and edit my post, I can.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Doofus note: I had a stroke and put Skull Lord in my IC post; I meant, Z1, obviously, since I asked about it. :)

If you want me to reroll that and edit my post, I can.
    No need your intent was pretty clear.

Next Up: Darthan

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    With the slew of zombies appearing before them, Darthan knows his task. Wanting to thin the ranks of the enemies a little, he casts a seed towards one of the undead creatures in front of him. The seed explodes and zombie catches fire turning to dust. The explosion sends mini fire balls all around and begin to catch the floor on fire around where the now dead zombie lays. Darthan allows a small smile at his successful attack before focusing back on the task at hand.
    Flame Seed vs Ref of Zombie Minion @ E7 = 24 Hit!
    It's a minion so I won't worry about damage for it but it does take fire damage.
    Additionally: Zombies @ E6, E8 and D8 will take 5 damage from flame seed effect and die as well. Any enemy that enters F6 to D8 will take the same fire damage.
    Need to burn down those minions...

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    "Lots of zombies, wait a second" With three powerful steps, Dirk closes the Distance between himself and one of the zombies. As he arrives he splits the zombie in twain with his axe, tramples it a bit with his feet and kicks its head towards the robed guy. "There ya go. One more head. Wear it with pride" Then the barbarian returns to his comrades with a grin on his face.

minions are NOT my forte...
    Howling Charge vs Minon in G3 1d20+12=24 hit!
    Damage = whatever
    It dies. Retreat to H7
    edit : oups. can't retreat so I stay in H4.

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Mhen's eyes blaze and Tock appears in front of Dirk, slashing at the zombie before him and turning his head to keep a watchful eye on the foes around him.
    Minor: Summon Tock to F3.
    Standard: Watcher's Strike (1d20+10=24, 1d8+7=12)
    12 damage to Z2. Until the end of my next turn, anyone adjacent to Tock gains +1 to attacks (and +5 to perception).

Also, just some quick reminders of Tock's OA: anyone that moves through a square adjacent to Tock without shifting gets attacked (+10 v. Ref, 7 Damage) and an ally within 5 squares regains 5 HP (Dirk first) - I'm fine with DM rolling since there could be several such opportunities.

sorry for the delay.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Round 1.1
    Each of the three skulls surrounding the hooded man’s head burst with dark light in succession.

The first brings forth another zombie in the place Dirk managed to fell one only a moment ago.

The second creates a blast of cold air directed at Tock, but has no effect on the spirit bear.

The third causes a column of red-black flame to sprout around Gwim searing his flesh.
    Actions:
    Skull Lord: [Takes 6 Damage]
    Minor: Skull of Death’s Command restores minion at G3
    Minor: Skull of Bonechilling Fear versus Tock(Will:18) (1d20+13=16, 1d6+2=3) Miss
    Minor: Skull of Withering Flame versus Gwim (Fort:14) (1d20+13=33, 2d6+2 =9) Crit for 14 fire and necrotic damage
    Map:
    55iedw.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 22/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:3/7 AP:1 Effects: +1 AC
    Skull Lord 30/36 HP - AC:22 F|R|W:19|20|21 PP|PI:16|16 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Master of the Grave (aura 2) Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z1 28/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z2 38/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z3 50/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Zombie Minions (15) 1/1 HP - AC:13 F|R|W:13|9|10 PP|PI:9|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic;
    Notes:
    Next Up: Thorn

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Round 1.2
    The zombies now fully awake begin to shamble forward. Several die off as the remnants of fire from both the druid and sorcerer complete their effects.

The rest begin their assault on Thorn, Dirk and Tock.

Tock absorbs a blow from one of the rotting zombie.

Dirk avoids a strike from a weak zombie.

Thorn displays great fortitude and dodges the attacks from several of the weak zombies and even deflects attacks from all three of the better formed zombies.
    Actions:
    Z2: [Regen 5] [Take 6 Fire Damage] Grab versus Thorn (Ref: 15) (1d20+5=15) Miss
    Slam versus Thorn(AC:22) (1d20+7+2=19, 2d6+2=10, 1d20+7+2=18, 2d6+2=10)
    Z1: [Regen 5][Take 6 Fire Damage] Slam - Miss
    Z3: [Regen 5] Slam - Miss
    Minions (5): Roll
    Slam versus Tock(AC:16) Hit for 5 Damage
    Slam versus Thorn(AC:22) Miss
    Slam versus Thorn(AC:22) Miss
    Slam versus Dirk(AC:18) Miss
    Map:
    13zze5v.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 22/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:3/7 AP:1 Effects: +1 AC
    Skull Lord 30/36 HP - AC:22 F|R|W:19|20|21 PP|PI:16|16 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Master of the Grave (aura 2) Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z1 27/50 HP - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z2 1/50 HP(Bloodied) - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Zombie Minions (5) 1/1 HP - AC:13 F|R|W:13|9|10 PP|PI:9|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic;
    Notes:
    Next Up: Gwim

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Gwim takes a moment to drink a healing potion before striking down the zombie he hit previously.
    Minor: Drink Healing Potion to regain 10 HP
    Standard: Chaos Bolt vs Z1(11) (1d20+8=19, 1d10+12=14)

Z2 is dead.

Odd roll: Saving throw vs. Nothing

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Thorn's Reflex is 17 from Form of the Relentless Panther.

Not sure how I missed that. You even put it all in line there. I'll update.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Did you mean Z2? Because Z1 has 27 HP

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Z2 is what I meant. Hit the wrong number, I guess. :whistle:

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Darthan casts yet another seed but this time his target is the stronger looking zombie. It connects and explodes as he expects but causes little damage to the his target. The squares around that zombie slowly start to burn as particles of the seed scatter and land on the cave floor.
    Move to G6
    Flame Seed vs Ref of Z1: 17 Hit!
    3 Fire damage to Z1 and the squares adjacent to Z1 are now on fire. Any enemy that starts their turn on or moves through the fire will take 5 fire damage.
    That should kill off the minions at D5 and E5 at the beginning of their turn.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dirk deftly disengages from the melee with the small zombies and attacks the larger zombie in front of his fellow Bone Eagle. The powerful blow from his axe makes the zombie stagger back towards its master.

Shift to F5 (as part of Pressing Strike
    Pressing Strike VS Z1 1d20+11=20 Hit damage 20
    Push Z1 to D3, Z1 has 4 HP left
    Shift to G5

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Updated Stat Block:
    Gwim 32/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:2/7 AP:1 Effects: +1 AC
    Z1 4/50 HP(Bloodied) - AC:14 F|R|W:14|10|11 PP|PI:10|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic; Effects: Vunerable 5 radiant
    Z2 - DEAD
    Zombie Minions (5) 1/1 HP - AC:13 F|R|W:13|9|10 PP|PI:9|10 Effects: Immune to disease and poison; Resist 10 Necrotic;

Next Up: Mhen

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    That pushes Z1 into my fire. Not sure if he'd take damage now or at the beginning of his turn or if he should take damage at all. If he does take damage, it would be 5 damage and that should kill him off. What do you think Dajian?

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    robp85 wrote: »
    That pushes Z1 into my fire. Not sure if he'd take damage now or at the beginning of his turn or if he should take damage at all. If he does take damage, it would be 5 damage and that should kill him off. What do you think Dajian?

I'll go read up on the power and some other stuff, but I don't think forced movement triggers those types of effects.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It should. If you get pushed into the boiling oil, you still fry. Unless you say "No fair, I said no pushing" first, then you,re ok. But I didn't hear the zombie speak :)

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Forced movement doesn't count as a move so no damage from being pushed into the square however he will take fire damage at the start of his next turn.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sounds good, thanks Dajian.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I should be at 32 HP; I drank a healing potion on my turn.

cytorak on