As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E] The Blighting of Kroburrow

• Options
    DajianDajian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am sure you have noticed that I am progressing the timeline while you all have been discussing events.

I am holding off on the "next step" to give you guys a shot at acting, but if noone steps in soon (before I get home from work) then the situation will move forward regardless ;)

Dajian on
  • Options
    ThemindtakerThemindtaker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, I was waiting for the other two to respond, but 3/5's a majority, so:

Walking toward the commotion, Mhen is suddenly surrounded by ghostly visages of Kroburrow's past trying desperately to act out the Minotaur's malicious intent, to convince the gnolls not to follow him. As Mhen participates in the acting, inbetween fake gurgling noises as a spirit tries his best to look like Maw and stab an ephemeral spear through the dwarf, he keeps a sharp eye on the blighted beast.
    Diplomacy with Speak with Spirits (I took the meaning of "Speak with" to be "use to communicate" rather than "Confer with" for more amusing flavor):12
    ...crap. Well, I tried. If any of you want to step up and try to help me get my point across (assists/independent checks), be my guest, otherwise you might wanna get ready.

Readied Action: Call Spirit Companion in the square that would best impede Maw's escape if he tries to run.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    As you rise from the grass and begin walking forward you get a clear view of the pond for the first time.
    Lying on the far bank are two very large reptiles.

As you move forward with your chorus of ghostly visages the Gnolls take immediate notice of you. The large one glares down at the Minotaur and yells something at him.

The Minotaur yells out “No they are not with me! Serve me and we can defeat them. Serve me and Dulingras will favor you…”
    It barely gets the last word out as the large Gnoll kicks him in the chest sending him flying back into the pond.
    A bone whistle sounds from the Gnoll in the back of the pack and the Large Crocodiles begin to feast on the undead creature.
    I have a meeting but will be back in a bit. You can continue to try and make nice, roll initiative, or both :)

Dajian on
  • Options
    robp85robp85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Darthan tries to help Mhen convey what has happened to the gnolls. He also decides that he should prepare for an attack just in case...
    Guess I'll follow Mhen in just in case and try to help his diplomacy.
    Diplomacy assist: 1d20+6=10
    Don't you need a 10 or higher to assist? Can't remember off the top of my head but that was not an impressive roll....
    Ready an action, if possible. Call Lightning on D7 if someone tries to make sudden movements (ie tries to run toward or away from us in some fast manner).
    Not sure where we're standing currently, though. Where were you explaining all this to them, Mhen? I was hoping to be back a ways just in case they did want to attack....

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Close enough to be seen, far enough not to get eaten. maybe...halfway between the lowest token on that map and the bottom (which is where we were), or wherever Dajian decides to put me. Now that Maw's been eaten, I'm liking our odds at peace less and less. Diplomacy to communicate our mission of cleansing (still using spirits but now without bonus): 19

Readied: Tock called two squares in front of me when one of them makes a hostile move towards me (and by in front, I mean between me and whoever's doing the moving).

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Update:
    Map:
    2090cox.jpg

Recap:
    The Maw is currently being dismembered by giant crocodiles.
    Tsai-Eshe is being stealthy.
    Thorn and Gwim are just behind the Druid.
    Mhen has ghosts trying to explain that they are trying to cleanse the plains of a great blight.

Results:
    Tsai-Eshe remains unnoticed in her position away from the group.
    Mhen was unsuccessful in communicating what the Minotaur was, but he has successfully communicated your group’s goal, of ridding the blight from Kroburrow, to the Gnolls. Unfortunately that goal is not one the Gnolls are sympathetic too.

@Darthan and Mhen: Your readied actions will happen if one of the enemies comes within range before your turn in the initiative. This will not use any actions from your first round turn.

Roll Initiative!

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, at least I don't seem to have made things worse.
    Initiative: (19, 2)=21

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    cytorakcytorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
    Basic Attack +26 vs AC -- Damage 1d10+19 (+5 if enemy is prone) (+2 if Longtooth Shifting is active)
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'll post the first encounter post tomorrow morning. I want to give Tsai-Eshe a full day to post.

Dajian on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Huzza!

ok maybe I'll put it up tonight :P

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Round 1
    The Large Gnoll slams his flail against the large iron shield he is carrying and lets out a ferocious roar. The four smaller Gnolls fall in line ready for battle and the Gnoll in the back sounds the bone whistle around his neck one more time causing the two large reptiles to look up from the undead creature now torn into several pieces.
    Map:
    2090cox.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 40/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:7/7 AP:1
    Mhen 38/43 HP - AC:16 F|R|W:16|13|18 PP|PI:27|22 - HS:9/10 AP:1
    Thorn 52/52 HP - AC:21 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:9/11
    Darthan 42/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Red Gnoll Minion 1/1 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:16|17|14 PP|PI:21|10
    Green Gnoll Minion 1/1 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:16|17|14 PP|PI:21|10
    Blue Gnoll Minion 1/1 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:16|17|14 PP|PI:21|10
    Pink Gnoll Minion 1/1 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:16|17|14 PP|PI:21|10
    Gnoll Marauder 84/84 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:18|15|15 PP|PI:17|10 (This is the guy with the yellow background)
    Gnoll Claw Fighter 70/70 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:18|16|15 PP|PI:16|10 (This is the guy with the orange background)
    Red Visejaw Crocodile 58/58 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:19|14|15 PP|PI:13|10
    Blue Visejaw Crocodile 58/58 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:19|14|15 PP|PI:13|10
    Tsai-Eshe 42/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:19|16|15 PP|PI:19|14 - HS:6/9 AP:1
    Terrain Features:
    The squares with water are considered rough terrain unless you have a swim speed.

Notes:
    @Tsai-Eshe: You have not been noticed and as such will have CA against all enemies on your turn.
    @Gwim and Darthan: Because you won initiative your readied actions do not occur unless you delay until after the enemy acts.
    Next Up: Gwim

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gwim strides forward. "Well, sometimes, you have to prove your point with force instead of words."

He whirls his dagger in a circle so quickly that it becomes a blur to all who are watching him. After a few seconds, a shimmery orb flies straight towards the leader of the pack. As it slams into the gnoll, it explodes in turquoise lightning that hurls the brute into the pond with the minotaur and hungry crocodiles.

Gwim looks at the other gnolls. "Last chance to surrender!" he calls, making what he hopes is the universal sign of surrender to convince the gnolls to be cool.
    Move to E15.

Chromatic Orb vs. Gnoll Maurader (1d20+7=21, 3d10+9=24, 1d6=4)

He takes 24 Lightning Damage. I rolled a 4, so he gets slid 4 squares to H5, if that's a legal slide.

I rolled even, so I get a +1 to my AC.

Readied action: If I get missed with a melee attack, I will shift one square in a direction away from danger closer to my allies. Ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away take a -5 penalty to the attacker's roll due to my cloak.

Item Power: Whenever I hit that gnoll with a sorcerer attack power for the remainder of the encounter, I can can treat my attack roll as even or odd, regardless of the die's result.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    As the spirits fade from around Mhen, his eyes glow blue and he chants something below his breath, summoning Tock just behind the gnolls, the great bear spirit lunging toward the fighter, his strike empowering the spirit to glow brilliantly.
    Minor: Call Spirit Companion in B6
    Standard: Watcher's Strike on claw fighter (i got the backgrounds confused, the roller says marauder) (1d20+9=28, 1d8+7=9) Hit!
    Claw Fighter takes 9 damage
    Until the end of my next turn, any ally adjacent to tock gains +1 to attack rolls, +5 perception.

Readied Action: If anyone adjacent to Tock moves away without shifting (the claw fighter and the green minion),
    the flighter takes 5, nothing happens to the minion and an ally within 5 squares of Tock can regain 5 HP

Next up: Thorn!

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Darthan steps up to stand beside Mhen and says a little prayer to nature. As Darthan finishes his short request, a thundercloud forms over the top of most of the gnolls. Lightning flashes across the cloud and begins striking the gnolls below. The smaller gnolls are the first ones hit by lightning. They release a short yelp before falling to the ground as smoking corpses. The fighter is able to step to the side of one of the bolts as it strikes the grass where he was just standing. The marauder was not so quick. Lightning streaks through his body and causes him some pain but he stays standing.

The constant lightning strikes and the sound of thunder rumbles through the fields as the cloud does not immediately dissipate but instead stays overhead, looking to hit more before it disappears.
    Move to C17
    Call Lightning on C7
    Call Lightning vs Green Gnoll Minion, Gnoll Fighter, Red Gnoll Minion, Blue Gnoll Minion, Gnoll Marauder (1d20+8=27, 1d20+8=15, 1d20+8=17, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=21) Hit! Miss! Hit! Hit! Hit!
    Green, red and blue gnoll minions are dead.
    Damage against Gnoll Marauder: 1d8+6=12
    Gnoll Marauder: 72/84 HP
    Additional effect: The burst creates a zone of rumbling thunder that lasts until the end of my next turn. While within the zone, any enemy takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, and any enemy that leaves the zone takes 5 thunder damage.
    I'm going to be out of town in an hour or so. I won't be able to post until Sunday. Sorry all. If it comes to my turn again, someone can roll for me.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Marauder was slid into the pond by Gwim so he was not in the blast area.
    sorry :(

Update incoming

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Round 1.1
    Seeing the forces of nature destroy his friends the last remaining undersized Gnoll step forward and releases an arrow at the Druid, but the air from the storm cloud above causes it to go wide.

The Gnoll who had been in the back moves up with surprising speed and launches himself at Darthan shoving his razor sharp claws deep into the Druids midsection.

Following after their masters call the two large crocs hurry from the pond and each try to clamp down on the shifter. One of them gets there first, keeping the other from getting a taste.

The large Gnoll a bit dazed from the flurry of injuries he has taken staggers forward then charges Thorn. He easily lands a blow with his massive flail as the warden is trapped in the jaws of the oversized reptile.
    Actions:
    Darthan: Call Lightening versus Tock (Reflex:13) (1d8+6=9, 1d20+8=23) Hit but does not beat threshold
    Pink Minion: Longbow versus Darthan (AC: 18) (1d20+10=15) Miss
    Fighter: [Takes 5 Thunder Damage, Takes 5 from Tock] Charge versus Darthan(AC: 18) (1d6+4=5, 1d20+12=18, 1d6+4=8, 1d20+12=26) Hit, Hit for 13 total Damage
    Red Croc: [Takes 8 Damage from Earth Strike] Quick Bite versus Thorn(AC: 22) (1d8+4=11, 1d20+10=25) Hit for 11 Damage and Thorn is Grabbed.
    Blue Croc: Quick Bite versus Thorn(AC: 22) (1d8+4=12, 1d20+12=13) Miss
    Marauder: Charge versus Thorn (AC: 22) (1d8+6+5=16, 1d20+13=29) Hit for 16 Damage
    Map:
    154y7te.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Gwim 40/40 HP - AC:19 F|R|W:14|18|19 PP|PI:12|17 - HS:7/7 AP:1 Effects: +1 AC
    Thorn 25/52 HP(Bloodied) - AC:21 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:9/11 Effects: +1 AC Effects: Grabbed by Red Croc
    Darthan 29/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Red Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Green Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Blue Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Gnoll Marauder 56/84 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:18|15|15 PP|PI:17|10
    Gnoll Claw Fighter 51/70 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:18|16|15 PP|PI:16|10
    Red Visejaw Crocodile 50/58 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:19|14|15 PP|PI:13|10
    Notes:
    Pond is rough terrain.
    Darthan’s call lightening should have targeted Tock as well so I rolled that up for him.
    The Marauder was outside the blast so Darthan’s attack did not affect him.
    The fighter took 10 damage from tock and the storm cloud when he attacked.
    Red Croc suffered Thorn’s Earth Strike taking 8 damage

That was a crazy set of stuff to resolve so let me know if I screwed something up.

Next Up: Tsai-Eshe

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Updated the round post to reflect your AC I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Nature Check Success! You know that once grabbed in a crocs mouth they like to clamp down tighter and maybe shake you around a bit... this may sting... or rip off a limb :P

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    move to 12G

attack! Two Fanged Strike 1 (1d20+9=11, 1d10+5=8) miss
    Two-Fanged Strike 2 (1d20+9=24, 1d10+5=9) hit for a big 9 damage out of a possible 32 -_-

i will add some narrative to this later on but for now gotta get to work D:

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Round 2

Stat Block:
    Thorn 25/52 HP(Bloodied) - AC:21 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:9/11 Effects: +1 AC Effects: Grabbed by Red Croc
    Darthan 29/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Red Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Blue Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Gnoll Marauder 47/84 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:18|15|15 PP|PI:17|10
    Gnoll Claw Fighter 51/70 HP - AC:20 F|R|W:18|16|15 PP|PI:16|10

Next Up: Gwim

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gwim attempts to follow up the blow he dealt to the marauder, but the magic fizzles, merely spraying the gnoll with a lemon-scented mist.

"Eep."
    Chaos Bolt vs Gnoll Marauder (Will 15) (1d20+7=9, 1d10+9=14)

+1 to AC due to even roll; all other readied actions stand as they are (Goblin Tactics/Weapon Abilty)

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Good Monday morning!

Next Up: Mhen

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for the delay, long weekend.

Mhen's eyes are practically ablaze in a blue glow as Tock disappears then reappears before him. The small bear he calls for his allies appears beside Thorn and fades to a renewing glow almost as quickly before Tock bites into the Claw Fighter's flank, and Darthan and Mhen are both bolstered by the great bear's glow.
    Minor: Dismiss Tock
    Minor: Call Spirit Companion in D16
    Minor: Healing Spirit on Thorn: Thorn spends a healing Surge, Darthan regains 6 HP
    Action Point!
    Protector's Strike on Claw Fighter: 24 v. AC, 8 damage,
    Darthan and Mhen both gain 3 temp HP.

Next up: Thorn!

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Let me know if it would be helpful to have an updated map. I should be able to get one up before 6 PM EST

Otherwise I'll post a new one on the enemy's turn

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Darthan feels uncomfortable with the gnoll fighter standing in his face. Taking a careful step back, Darthan says a quick prayer to nature, once again calling on its wrath. A boom and a flash occur as a lightning bolt strikes the fighter causing the smell of burnt fur to fill the air around it. With a smile, Darthan drops to all fours as he turns into a wolf. His howl is heard throughout the immediate area as he prepares for possible retaliation.
    Shift to C18
    Storm Spike vs Gnoll Claw Fighter (1d20+8=18) Hit!
    Damage: 1d8+6=13
    Additional effect: If the gnoll fighter doesn't move at least 2 squares on its next turn, it takes lightning damage equal to my Wisdom modifier (5).
    Gnoll Claw Fighter: 30/70 HP Bloodied! (I believe my math was correct there, adding Mhen's attack in with my own)
    Minor: Wild Shape to wolf

My HP: 35/42 HP with 3 temp HP

Up next: The baddies

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Round 2.1
    The agile Claw Fighter is able to strike out at Mhen before slipping away from the shaman and his bear. As if they had practiced the maneuver countless times before the skinny Gnoll came rushing in just as the fighter spun around behind the druid. The skinny Gnoll took advantage of the Fighters acrobatic distraction to open a cut on the Druid’s snout.

Unable to escape the Jaws of the large croc Thorn felt the serrated teeth begin to rip through his armor and in to his skin. Desperate to pull himself free he never saw the blow from the burly Gnoll’s flail as it slammed him in the side of the head.

Uninterested in the meal already claimed the other croc spots Tsai-Eshe for the first time and wastes no time in biting the ranger and restraining her.
    Actions:
    Pink Minion: Charge, Longsword versus Darthan(AC: 18) (1d20+11=29) Hit for 4 Damage
    Fighter: Mobile Melee Attack versus Mhen (AC:16) (1d6+6=12, 1d20+11=24) Hit for 12 Damage
    Red Croc: Clamping Jaws versus Thorn(AC: 21) (2d8+4=7, 1d20+10=24) Hit for 7 Damage
    Blue Croc: Bite versus Tsai-Eshe(AC:18) (1d8+4=7, 1d20+10=23) Hit for 7 Damage and Tsai-Eshe is Grabbed until she escapes
    Marauder: Flail versus Thorn(AC:21) (1d8+8=14, 1d20+10=25) Hit for 14 Damage
    Map:
    2eq9owj.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Mhen 29/43 HP - AC:16 F|R|W:16|13|18 PP|PI:27|22 - HS:9/10 AP:1
    Thorn 17/52 HP(Bloodied) - AC:21 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:8/11 Effects: Grabbed by Red Croc
    Darthan 34/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Red Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Blue Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Gnoll Marauder 35/84 HP(Bloodied) - AC:18 F|R|W:18|15|15 PP|PI:17|10
    Gnoll Claw Fighter 30/70 HP(Bloodied) - AC:20 F|R|W:18|16|15 PP|PI:16|10
    Tsai-Eshe 35/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:19|16|15 PP|PI:19|14 - HS:6/9 AP:1 Effects: Grabbed by Blue Croc
    Notes:
    Pond is rough terrain.
    Invisible Castle does indeed hate you thorn :P
    Tock gets an OA but Mhen does not as Mobile Melee allows the Fighter to move away without provoking an OA from its target.

Tock gets an OA
    Next Up: Tsai-Eshe

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    is it possible to teleport without moving?

i mean, could i teleport to the space i'm already in?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    is it possible to teleport without moving?

i mean, could i teleport to the space i'm already in?

Just to get out of the immobilize? Sure I think I can see that. I mean the square you are in represents 5 feet so you could teleport back 2 feet and be out of the crocs mouth (for now ;) )

EDIT: TotP, here have the map and stat block again
    Map:
    2eq9owj.jpg
    Stat Block:
    Mhen 29/43 HP - AC:16 F|R|W:16|13|18 PP|PI:27|22 - HS:9/10 AP:1
    Thorn 17/52 HP(Bloodied) - AC:21 F|R|W:19|15|17 PP|PI:21|15 - HS:8/11 Effects: Grabbed by Red Croc
    Darthan 34/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:16|15|20 PP|PI:25|17 - HS:9/9 AP:1
    Red Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Blue Gnoll Minion - DEAD
    Gnoll Marauder 35/84 HP(Bloodied) - AC:18 F|R|W:18|15|15 PP|PI:17|10
    Gnoll Claw Fighter 30/70 HP(Bloodied) - AC:20 F|R|W:18|16|15 PP|PI:16|10
    Tsai-Eshe 35/42 HP - AC:18 F|R|W:19|16|15 PP|PI:19|14 - HS:6/9 AP:1 Effects: Grabbed by Blue Croc

Tock still has an OA to make against the Fighter

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Tsai-Eshe disappears from the toothy grip of the crocodile, appearing not moments later behind the beast that has Thorn in his grip. She wails at it with her magical flails but finds herself incapable of bludgeoning past their thick skin.
    Okay, but instead I'm going to do thus:

Move Action: Teleport to d11 to flank Red Croc (although maybe not, if Thorn is grabbed.)
    Standard Action: Twin Strike vs AC(20), twice. (1d20+9=13, 1d10+1=10, 1d20+9=12, 1d10+1=7) and i miss both attacks. Jesus, Invisible Castle is being pretty uncool to me. Maybe we'll see some monsters without big ACs soon. -_-

Will use Disrupting Strike if the red croc provokes it.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We are considered to be in a new encounter currently, right? As in, if we don't spend our AP's now, we lose them, since we'd be hitting a milestone, correct?

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    cytorak wrote: »
    We are considered to be in a new encounter currently, right? As in, if we don't spend our AP's now, we lose them, since we'd be hitting a milestone, correct?
    Well you won't lose it you will gain an additional AP, but that said you can only use one AP per encounter.

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gwim grimaced at the sight of his companions being chomped by giant crocs. "Help's on the way, guys!"

He called to the Marauder, "Hey, dummy! We tried to reason with you, but I guess we're going to have to do this the hard way!"

The goblin gestures to the gnoll leader with his knife, and the creature sprays a gout of flame from his body, hampering its crocodile allies.
    Standard:Explosive Pyre (1d20+7=26, 2d8+9=17)

Even roll (from my item power): +1 to my AC

Until the start of my next turn, any enemy that enters a square adjacent to the marauder or starts its turn there takes 8 fire damage

Goblin Tactics, Dragonflame Mantle, and Cloak of Distortion still in effect.

cytorak on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Mhen shifts back from the gnoll before him and Tock slips into his place, pawing at the minion to the ground as spiritual energy arcs from him to Thorn, a small tendril of the energy reaching out to Darthan as well.
    Tock's OA: Spirit's Shield OA (1d20+9=24) Hit! it takes 6 damage and Thorn regains 5 HP

Mhen: Shift to E7
    Minor: Healing Spirit on Thorn, he can spend a healing surge and if Darthan wants the heal, he can have it, otherwise I'll take it (got a 2, the roll's lumped in with the protector's strike).

Tock: Shift to D7
    Protector's Strike: Protector's Strike on Pink Minion (1d6=2, 1d20+9=16, 1d8+6=10), Hit! Yay for targeting will, he's dead and Darthan and I both gain 3 temporary HP. (well...maybe not me. it says each ally adjacent.)

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm good, TMT. I don't need the healing as much as you do so take it. Thanks though.

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    @Themindtaker: Did you use two moves, a minor, and a standard that round? I thought Tock used your move action to move around (I am still trying to get my head around the companion rules)

Next Up: Thorn

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The text reads that "When you take a move action, your companion can move," or something along those lines (it's under the "Call Spirit Companion" power text, i'm AFB), which I interpret as you can move both self and companion in the one move action. pretty sure I did this in the first battle as well, but I probably didn't use a minor so it could have gone unnoticed. Let me know if you disagree with that interpretation. I think a few guys in the discussion thread were of the same opinion as me on it's intention yesterday, for whatever that's worth.

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The text reads that "When you take a move action, your companion can move," or something along those lines (it's under the "Call Spirit Companion" power text, i'm AFB), which I interpret as you can move both self and companion in the one move action. pretty sure I did this in the first battle as well, but I probably didn't use a minor so it could have gone unnoticed. Let me know if you disagree with that interpretation. I think a few guys in the discussion thread were of the same opinion as me on it's intention yesterday, for whatever that's worth.
    Nope that is cool with me and all I needed to hear. Don't have my books with me.

Next Up: Thorn

Dajian on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    (healing surge: +13 hit points, at 30/52)

You also regained 5 from my Spirit's Shield OA, so you should be at 35

Themindtaker on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    With a bark, Darthan jumps at the gnoll. The sudden leap from the wolf catches the gnoll off guard. Darthan digs his claws into the body of the gnoll as he bites down on its shoulder. The gnoll lets out a yelp as he throws Darthan back to where he was. Darthan lands on his feet and spins to face the gnoll again making sure to keep himself between the gnoll and Mhen. The gnoll stumbles for a moment from the vicious attack and seems to be slightly disoriented.
    Pounce vs Gnoll Claw Fighter (1d20+8=19) Hit!
    Damage: 1d8+5=10
    Additional effect: The gnoll fighter grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it before the end of my next turn.
    Gnoll Claw Fighter: 20/70 HP Bloodied!

TMT:
    I think you meant to move Mhen to E17 and Tock to D17, am I right? You put down E7 and D7 but I figured those made more sense. The only reason I ask is because I'm trying to keep myself between the gnoll and you.

Up next: The evil dudes!

robp85 on
    Skard, Shifter Warden