Options

2 of us 9 of [Chat]

191012141550

Posts

  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ahh god damn it.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.

    Yeah he was Pragmatic too. Get over it.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women who use Frak and Frell: Insecure girls who are trying too hard to fit in OOORRR middle aged women who read Laurell K. Hamilton and like every new show SyFy puts on television. Probably dresses like a Goth and still thinks she's 24.

    Huzzah broad sweeping generalizations!

    This whole practice annoys me. Just say "fuck" for fuck's sake, it's just a fucking word, not a snuff-film.
    Every time you say "fuck," God kills an adorable kitten that may one day grow up to cure cancer, but now we'll never know.
    Man, we are so fucked.

    Bama on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I do say shazbot myself sometimes, mostly from playing a bunch of Tribes 2.

    Dynagrip on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Women who use Frak and Frell: Insecure girls who are trying too hard to fit in OOORRR middle aged women who read Laurell K. Hamilton and like every new show SyFy puts on television. Probably dresses like a Goth and still thinks she's 24.

    Huzzah broad sweeping generalizations!

    This whole practice annoys me. Just say "fuck" for fuck's sake, it's just a fucking word, not a snuff-film.
    Every time you say "fuck," God kills an adorable kitten that may one day grow up to cure cancer, but now we'll never know.

    If you hold it out like this:

    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

    He tortures the kitten first.

    YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    No, because he did not think of himself as someone who should always follow the law even when it was wrong. Much like I don't think of myself as someone who would never hurt another person under any circumstances.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    there's something in my eye.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Then you aren't a pacifist.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Son of a BISCUIT!

    *throw hat on ground*

    RonTheDM on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    No, because he did not think of himself as someone who should always follow the law even when it was wrong. Much like I don't think of myself as someone who would never hurt another person under any circumstances.
    ok?

    Bama on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ronaldo. Will you be heading to the bars this week?

    I have buddies going out tonight. I told them 'good luck' but I can make it out at some point. I don't know if it'll be tonight or thursday or what. I imagine I shall.

    If it's Thursday i'm definitely going out. I'm not so sure about tonight as I probably won't get in til like 10 or 11 but hey who knows.

    Have you ever been to Professors Pub?

    Yea. Once, about 2 years ago, it was alright. All the bars are very similar, except the damn brewhouse which effin' sucks. My friends just never go there, and I don't really go bar bouncin' alone. Yeah, I doubt I will go out tonight as well. My hair is so shaggy.

    Someone recently told me that Professors has a good stock of beer that is actually worth paying for. The same can be said for Rays upstairs but their prices are inflated quite a deal.

    And hey it's only Tuesday the worst that can happen is you'll run into a lot of girls who dig shaggy hair.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I bought a best of steve martin on snl dvd and so far a lot of them are very recent. hopefully the belushi one is better.

    edit - recent and bad as opposed to classic which I believe I'll prefer.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    there's something in my eye.
    rods and cones?

    Bama on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    I bought a best of steve martin on snl dvd and so far a lot of them are very recent. hopefully the belushi one is better.
    Did it have the Christmas skit where Paul Simon is playing Silver Bells in the background?

    Bama on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    there's something in my eye.
    rods and cones?

    and a contact lens... but there was dust or something, I got it out.

    edit - I'll tell you if it comes up.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Pacifists are easy prey. Long hanging fruit, and all that.

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    Amusingly, he was a pacifist. Like, an actual pacifist, not someone who just calls themselves one even though they consider violence to be a perfectly viable solution to problems.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    No, because he did not think of himself as someone who should always follow the law even when it was wrong. Much like I don't think of myself as someone who would never hurt another person under any circumstances.
    and yet he never called himself an anarchist as far as I know, which is where your analogy breaks down.

    Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    No, because he did not think of himself as someone who should always follow the law even when it was wrong. Much like I don't think of myself as someone who would never hurt another person under any circumstances.
    ok?

    Well you think so, and you're right. All you said was that I needed to be more specific and I agreed with you. Everyone else that I noticed was being retarded about it and pretending that the only definition of the word was the one that they thought of, even though it was the most extreme one there is.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cesca is off gallivanting doing clever things with clever people.

    I am taking the opportunity to create for myself a meal that consists almost entirely of things she is allergic to or intolerant of.

    japan on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    there's something in my eye.

    Iris!

    Haphazard on
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ronaldo. Will you be heading to the bars this week?

    I have buddies going out tonight. I told them 'good luck' but I can make it out at some point. I don't know if it'll be tonight or thursday or what. I imagine I shall.

    If it's Thursday i'm definitely going out. I'm not so sure about tonight as I probably won't get in til like 10 or 11 but hey who knows.

    Have you ever been to Professors Pub?

    Yea. Once, about 2 years ago, it was alright. All the bars are very similar, except the damn brewhouse which effin' sucks. My friends just never go there, and I don't really go bar bouncin' alone. Yeah, I doubt I will go out tonight as well. My hair is so shaggy.

    Someone recently told me that Professors has a good stock of beer that is actually worth paying for. The same can be said for Rays upstairs but their prices are inflated quite a deal.

    And hey it's only Tuesday the worst that can happen is you'll run into a lot of girls who dig shaggy hair.

    Yeh, but I am getting it cut tomorrow. And I look bad with long hair. -Real- bad.

    RonTheDM on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Long hanging fruit
    How Freudian

    Bama on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For any future Church posts just use this instead.

    135891.jpg

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    testestsets

    Dynagrip on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Long hanging fruit
    How Freudian
    Just like your mother!

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Are we still talking about how Res doesn't understand what a pacifist is?
    I think we wrapped that one up, actually.

    Yeah. We've moved on to how MLK Jr. was an anarchist because he broke laws sometimes for the purpose of achieving a specific goal.
    Nobody is calling him a law enforcement officer, that's for sure.

    No, because he did not think of himself as someone who should always follow the law even when it was wrong. Much like I don't think of myself as someone who would never hurt another person under any circumstances.
    ok?

    Well you think so, and you're right. All you said was that I needed to be more specific and I agreed with you. Everyone else that I noticed was being retarded about it and pretending that the only definition of the word was the one that they thought of, even though it was the most extreme one there is.

    Seriously wow, you quoted the definition you used which was made up of a few simple sentences and it explicitly said that you were not a pacifist. Nobody's made up some magical interpretation except a certain someone...

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    oh geez, that was an easy fix to get alt-s posting back in firefox.

    http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?P=e7c37478d2b6654afabc7b239201c72f&topic=122411.0;all

    Dynagrip on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    For any future Church posts just use this instead.

    135891.jpg
    Or this one:

    SENSE.png

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res is talking like a...
    135891.jpg

    Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And now for something completely different.

    NORMAL PEOPLE: "Holy shit, that's the Eiger. How many mountaineers- experienced ones, yet- has that killed?"
    THESE GUYS: "Hey, I wonder if you could ski down this thing while wearing a parachute?"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLKVx60I5BM&feature=related

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    The question of whether or not Res is a pacifist is not interesting though, we all already know he's not. The question of interest is why he even wants the title.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I do say shazbot myself sometimes, mostly from playing a bunch of Tribes 2.

    <3<3<3

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dogs love to do that.

    Haphazard on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Even the Dark Lord of the Sith gets thirsty sometimes.

    Bama on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Amusingly, he was a pacifist. Like, an actual pacifist, not someone who just calls themselves one even though they consider violence to be a perfectly viable solution to problems.

    Liberalism is a view that considers individual liberty and equality to be the most important political goal of society. Therefore, anyone who thinks it's ok to restrict the rights of a citizen to protect the rights of other citizens isn't a liberal.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Or even better:

    ellisontext.gif

    Hacksaw on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Everytime I see poor Thor with his mace, it makes me smile. Good job hacks.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.