• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    You know, I'm not a big fan of pork.

I think that makes me a vegan.
    Aren't there a lot of "vegetarians" who eat fish?
    Only in Seattle. :P

You'll become one of those won't you?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Hahah <3
    Res wrote:
    The doctrine that disputes (especially between countries) should be settled without recourse to violence
    The active opposition to such violence, especially the refusal to take part in military action

Oh come on. Look right after the part you bolded.

Do you not understand what "especially" means? Or "except in cases where it is absolutely necessary to advance the cause of peace?"

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Engaging in violence is not active opposition to violence.

Bama on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    japan wrote: »
    found a 1903 us nickel

I always find it a little odd handling coins that are older than I am.

You know, that statement could be used for so many things if you just took out the word "coins".

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Only in Seattle. :P

You'll become one of those won't you?

Nah than doesn't go down on chicks, its just not something he does.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Guys you're all liars. Stop lying to Res.

Leitner on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    found a 1903 us nickel

And by coins you mean old mens testicals... right? RIGHT?!?!?

I think from now on we should end all advice posts with

that's my 10 cents

Dman on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    found a 1903 us nickel

Especially pre-decimalisation coins.

Starcross on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    I'm only lying because I abhor lying.

Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Since someone kept deleting me off the map, I lost my save to it on My Maps.

:cry:

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Do you not understand what "especially" means? Or "except in cases where it is absolutely necessary to advance the cause of peace?"

I don't know of a single person that would call themselves of pacifist that would consider the situation in Iraq one that has violence as an absolute necessity to resolve.

Well, other than you, apparently.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

I'm glad you used quotation marks there, because I once did not and I received a full page of eating my cock.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah I don't know who was doing that, but whoever they are is a petty dick hole. YOU HEAR ME PERSON! YOU ARE A PETTY HOLE FROM WHICH PEE IS EXPELLED!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Guys stop being mean to Justin.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm only lying because I actively oppose lying.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    also, i saw the subtle attempt for people to turn this into a wow chat and i say NO!

This week was pretty good for me. I figured out what my 3.1 respec is going to be baring further changes, raised jewelcrafting from 5 to 405, ran heroic UK and CoS without wiping for the first time, got my Argent Crusade rep to Revered for the head enchant (and Argent Dawn to exalted accidentally), ran my first Northrend raid (25-man OS, though I was dps and essentially carried through it, but we got the 20-man achievement!), and did a few of the old world raids for fun.

James on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Honestly I think Duna raised the best objection to pacifists enlisting in the military.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Really, the map thing is just dumb at this point, only one person should be able to edit it, have the thing passworded, and let people PM their addresses/general location to that one person.

Problem solved.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just now noticing the crying smiley is animated.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I played Left 4 Dead last night for the 2nd time, it's pretty fun. I might have to sign up for Xbox Live so that I can play it online.

Do any of you play it?

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

How can you not like Pork? I mean you're an american.
    Meh. I mean, I'll eat it. And it's good if it's prepared really well. But I'd much rather eat beef, chicken, lamb, or fish.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    StarcrossStarcross Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    James wrote: »
    also, i saw the subtle attempt for people to turn this into a wow chat and i say NO!

This week was pretty good for me. I figured out what my 3.1 respec is going to be baring further changes, raised jewelcrafting from 5 to 405, ran heroic UK and CoS without wiping for the first time, got my Argent Crusade rep to Revered for the head enchant (and Argent Dawn to exalted accidentally), ran my first Northrend raid (25-man OS, though I was dps and essentially carried through it, but we got the 20-man achievement!), and did a few of the old world raids for fun.

I sometimes wonder if this WoW talk isn't complete gibberish, some kind of joke. I mean, how would I know?

Starcross on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    California girl basically just invited herself to my friend's wedding as my date.

There goes not having to keep my hands folded over my lap.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I just now noticing the crying smiley is animated.

To be fair, it's really similar to the frowning smiley, which is not animated.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    found a 1903 us nickel

You know, that statement could be used for so many things if you just took out the word "coins".

Particularly coins because of the number of pairs of hands they'll have passed through. Antiques and things that haven't been passed around don't have the same effect.

japan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

It's not "lying" to disagree, even if the disagreement is really really daft.

I am really surprised that the people on this board would be so quick to say that something as important as "when it is and is not acceptable to use force" should be seen in black and white. And as much as it would be really easy to stay here and say that I hate war and contribute absolutely nothing to that bidding while comforting myself that I am on the moral highground, I am going to stick with my decision. Because if I refrained from acting on my values because it would cause me discomfort to do so, they wouldn't be values. They'd be... Hobbies.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Really, the map thing is just dumb at this point, only one person should be able to edit it, have the thing passworded, and let people PM their addresses/general location to that one person.

Problem solved.

cmon, i found bigfoot carmen sandiego and waldo!

oh and [strike]bin laden[/strike] Obs

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Guys stop being mean to Justin.

Well the map deleting is someone clearly thinking they are so awesome because they are picking on someone the rest of us pick on. We brought this up yesterday, but this me too dog piling is as bullshit as anything else.

You know why we make fun of Justin? Because he hates anything good 98% of the time. That's the joke and you loser person who kept deleting him are not a part of it. You are trying to fit in, but you are a piece of shit and when I find out who you are I'm going to remind everyone of what a big fake piece of shit that you are.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yeah I don't know who was doing that, but whoever they are is a petty dick hole. YOU HEAR ME PERSON! YOU ARE A PETTY HOLE FROM WHICH PEE IS EXPELLED!

You're my first suspect.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Starcross wrote: »
    James wrote: »

I sometimes wonder if this WoW talk isn't complete gibberish, some kind of joke. I mean, how would I know?

We just use abbreviations a lot because things often have long names we can't be bothered to type. Also a lot of it requires knowledge of context.

James on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Preachers oftentimes mean but he never struck me as petty like that

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You're my first suspect.

Can't be me, my work computer barely pulls up the map. I was lucky to upload my location. And if anyone I'm probably more pissed they keep doing it than you are.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Stuff.

People aren't saying what you're saying is wrong. Hell I think pacifism is mostly bullshit. In the same way you can't live as a communist. But calling yourself one is clearly wrong. Because you can't serve in the armed services and be a pacifist. By definition, that word does not mean what you think it means, etc.

Leitner on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

Hahah <3
    Res wrote:
    The doctrine that disputes (especially between countries) should be settled without recourse to violence
    The active opposition to such violence, especially the refusal to take part in military action

What do you mean by this really? The wikipedia quote basically says that "Pacifists particularly refuse to take part in military action" as a method to oppose such violence.

Or do you have another definition of "especially"?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You're my first suspect.

Can't be me, my work computer barely pulls up the map. I was lucky to upload my location. And if anyone I'm probably more pissed they keep doing it than you are.

My work computer barely pulls it up too. Which is pathetic.

And yes, you're probably more pissed than me because I'm not pissed at all.
    I'm crying over here, Henry!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

How can you not like Pork? I mean you're an american.
    Meh. I mean, I'll eat it. And it's good if it's prepared really well. But I'd much rather eat beef, chicken, lamb, or fish.

Is there a particular dish you don't like with pork? Oh man have you had Round Tables meatball pizza? It's as bad for you as that can sound but jesus its awesome.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I am really surprised that the people on this board would be so quick to say that something as important as "when it is and is not acceptable to use force" should be seen in black and white. And as much as it would be really easy to stay here and say that I hate war and contribute absolutely nothing to that bidding while comforting myself that I am on the moral highground, I am going to stick with my decision. Because if I refrained from acting on my values because it would cause me discomfort to do so, they wouldn't be values. They'd be... Hobbies.

in the military, you will be acting on someone elses values.

enjoy.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmm.

What classes to pick next year.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

There are plenty of ways to act on your values without engaging in violence.

As an infantryman, what are you going to do to minimize violence or war?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Honk wrote: »

Hahah <3
    Res wrote:

What do you mean by this really? The wikipedia quote basically says that "Pacifists particularly refuse to take part in military action" as a method to oppose such violence.

Or do you have another definition of "especially"?

It doesn't mean "always."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.