Options

2 of us 9 of [Chat]

1444546474850»

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »

Sou datta. Watashi mo motherfucker. I thought it was really cute.

Monkey Majik is awesome. Look up their song Change, featuring the 吉田 brothers. Shamisen ftw.

I know all about the Yoshida Kyoudai. Have a couple of their albums.

*Hi5*

Was tempted to go to a Majik show while I was in the megacity. Decided to see Paul Van Dyk and Oakenfold instead at that one club that's really popular on that island made from trash whose name I'm forgetting.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    do you actually want those things?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    do you actually want those things?

Yes, but I don't know if I really want them in the same way she does.

We grew up very, very differently.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Monkey Majik is awesome. Look up their song Change, featuring the 吉田 brothers. Shamisen ftw.

*Hi5*

Was tempted to go to a Majik show while I was in the megacity. Decided to see Paul Van Dyk and Oakenfold instead at that one club that's really popular on that island made from trash whose name I'm forgetting.

... Club Ageha?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    At what level do I make my own decisions, or rely on advice? Do I just do what I want, make my own mistakes and learn? When do I need to do that, or when do I need to listen to intelligent advice that could save me a lot of trouble? Which advice do I take? On anything, though in this specific situation I find myself, relationships and maturing are the main courses.

Well, if I tell you to make your own decisions then you're following my advice to make your own decisions which means that they are not entirely your decisions. So first you have to decide to make your own decisions as a result of you, yourself, deciding to make your own decisions. Or you can follow another's advice, but that is up to you, unless you're following my suggestion to follow another's advice...

Anyway. Follow these steps.

1) Read Descartes Meditations 1 and 2. This will clear away all of that "external world" bullshit.

2) Now, Scream "I!"

3) Posit some self-evident truths.

4) Derive all which can be derived from those self-evident truths.

5) Exist within whatever it is you just posulated.

And you're fixed.

Or, you can follow Bob Newhart's advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhQGzeiYS_Q

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Of course I want to get a job, move out. Live on my own, take care of myself. I love the idea of having a family, taking care of people.

But then it feels like I'm being pushed into because, well, now I have to be "The Man." Which I guess I kind of extremely immaturely reject out of some... god I don't even know what.

Fuck, it's not like I've actually been pushed yet, and she works.

I'm just terrible.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i may be wrong also but a relationship shouldn't feel like you're 'bound' to someone

it should be a partnership. I feel like it should involve mutual benefits

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    what did you do keenan

Spoiler'd because... Well I didn't want to post this anyways, but I actually did...

And you asked.
    I make my own decisions without consulting the person I'm supposed to be bound to. I don't keep big promises like getting a job.

I don't have a job. I'm 21 without a job. With a girlfriend I want to, intend on marrying.

She has had the idea of moving out and getting married forever. We're older now and not close to doing that. And now her three year younger brother is already moving out with a job and a girlfriend who he has proposed to. So He's not helping my case.

And me going to New York without her really... really brought this whole thing on. I made the plans without her, and then when I found out she couldn't go, I went anyway.

That was the big thing, but it's in smaller things to.

And I'm a damn good boyfriend in some smaller things like bringing her presents, taking her out, giving messages and genuinely caring for her and loving her, but I also live very separately, whereas she has expected a more... "hive mind" approach to relationship decisions and growth. And I still live with my grandmother.

I don't know. I would advise against taking my word for all of this, because I probably misunderstood her own points. Then I'm poorly communicating my misunderstood issues to you over the internet. And you might misinterpret them just a little based on what they sound like compared to your own experiences...

But it hurts a lot, and I know it's my fault, when she says things like, "If I were thinking in a strictly 'me and you, me first' sense and not a, 'I'm bound to this person', I'd have broken up with you a long time ago."

My fault in that I've been promising to get a job and help us move out for a long time now, and sure I've looked, but...

I'm a goddamn boyfriend bum. She should move on.

Ok, well, ignore what I said. Because you obviously think at least one other person exists.

1) Tell your girlfriend that you intend on marrying her but, at the moment, do not see this as a financially viable option.

2) Get a fucking job so that you are financially independent.

3) Marry her.

You want to be with your girlfriend. You want to be financially independent. You're just lazy. So tell her your intentions and then try to get her to get you to get off your ass and find a job.

Edit:

You're not terrible.
    Of course I want to get a job, move out. Live on my own, take care of myself. I love the idea of having a family, taking care of people.

But then it feels like I'm being pushed into because, well, now I have to be "The Man." Which I guess I kind of extremely immaturely reject out of some... god I don't even know what.

Just stop doing that second part. Focus on the first. Focus upon providing reasons for the first and justifications for the first. If you start to doubt the first then remind yourself of the reasons for the first. Look at her picture or call her or whatever you have to do to stop being a lazy dick.

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    what do people listen to when they're high

less stereotypical than pink floyd

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i may be wrong also but a relationship shouldn't feel like you're 'bound' to someone

it should be a partnership. I feel like it should involve mutual benefits

Well, I don't mean exactly tied to as if by force. Like, "We started going out. We have to be together now to ride this one through."

It's not as if we both don't take care of our own needs, talk about things. Put off seeing each other for work or school and such.

I think I mean bound to as in... Making the commitment to see our relationship as not being two compeltely separate entities. Where I'm the center of the universe and she's merely another planet along with everything else in my entire life, but maybe with sightly more priority than, say, Left 4 Dead.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hell, get a job and don't marry her. I'd focus on the getting a job part first. I mean, having anything to do beyond sitting around stewing about how you're not doing anything is preferable.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Fuck, it's not like I've actually been pushed yet, and she works.

I'm just terrible.

It doesn't matter if you don't want those things in the same way or for the same reasons. If you love her and want those things WITH HER, then that is enough.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Oh my god!

I know exactly what you want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSe_A3VQXso

That entire album is perfect to listen to when you're high. It just is. They do so much.

Also Yes, specifically the song "Starship Trooper"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think I mean bound to as in... Making the commitment to see our relationship as not being two compeltely separate entities. Where I'm the center of the universe and she's merely another planet along with everything else in my entire life, but maybe with sightly more priority than, say, Left 4 Dead.

I'd try getting over yourself and going after what you want now before it's too late.

Speaking as someone who lost the person with whom they wanted to be, get the fuck off your couch before she moves to another continent and marries some jackass who is not you.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    _J_ wrote: »

I'd try getting over yourself and going after what you want now before it's too late.

Speaking as someone who lost the person with whom they wanted to be, get the fuck off your couch before she moves to another continent and marries some jackass who is not you.

_J_ hits it on the head.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

*Hi5*

... Club Ageha?
    That's the one. I'm an idiot.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

_J_ hits it on the head.

Would you say you'd lime him?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Just shut up and go after her.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

_J_ hits it on the head.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Srsly. Get your shit together now before it's too late. Or you'll end up sitting alone reading lines of Schelling between making posts on the PA forum.

And you don't want that.

_J_ on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Thievery Corporation? I don't get high, but it's very mellow. *shrug*

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited March 2009

The Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flight Of The Conchords, Beck, Coldplay, Cream...

same thing as I always do actually. boring answer.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Just shut up and go after her.

Hold on guys, I gotta see about a girl.

I wouldn't exactly be... going after her. We've been together for 4 years. But I still act like her boyfriend, and she's been expecting me to be a fiancé.

I do think _J_ is right... I just go to do it now... :|

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2009
    1993, 1997, 1999. If it's later and you post early, it goes to someone else even if you get the right one later. Makes me perfect sense if you read it several times.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    like I said, a partnership

that's what a long-term relationship should be. a real partnership, not one born out of temporary necessity. you are separate entities but you consider each other's best interests, as well as your own.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

_J_ hits it on the head.

I would.

Though that is contingent upon you being sure that this is the girl for you and not feeling like you have to say as much because you're together and loyal and whatever else.

If you don't want to be with her, then the advice is exactly wrong.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If it doesn't work out, you can at least say you tried.

Trust me when I say I would be miserable if I didn't ask my ex-fiancee to marry me. I prefer the ring being handed back than never having tried.

And after four years, you bet your ass. She expects something more. I would. Four years of dating is a lot.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Variable wrote: »

The Doors, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Flight Of The Conchords, Beck, Coldplay, Cream...

same thing as I always do actually. boring answer.

I seriously push King Crimson. They're just so perfect. It's great. Put on a record, get some nice headphones.

Get really high and just listen to the whole record back to back. Just listen and think. That's all. It's great.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    actually I just went with Nick Drake

I'm writing a story, the first scene is two guys getting high

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    thievery corporation is a good answer, as is Yes.

elki I don't understand at all.

edit - Nick Drake is good too. I suck at this. maybe I've gotten high too much.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I wouldn't exactly be... going after her. We've been together for 4 years. But I still act like her boyfriend, and she's been expecting me to be a fiancé.

I do think _J_ is right... I just go to do it now... :|

Seriously, man. If you wait too long she'll leave. And then you turn into a hollow shell like me. You don't want that.

Get off your ass and go make the lady happy so that you can have many fat children together.

_J_ on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    1993, 1997, 1999. If it's later and you post early, it goes to someone else even if you get the right one later. Makes me perfect sense if you read it several times.

The second sentence here doesn't even make perfect sense.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    nick drake makes the most sense because he nicknames his girlfriend jane Hazey Jane

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    jk your girlfriend came to atlanta and shit, you should work to hold onto her.

Variable on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2009
    Eddy's.

20041015h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Literally the only thing I find unpleasant about Steam is the fact that now, even as we speak, there is a copy of Half-Life 2 on my machine that I can't fondle with vigor. I actually watched the completion bar on the pre-load last night, and it was a pain like being branded. I played plenty of Counter-Strike: Source last night to take the edge off, you know, because it uses the same engine, but it's hard to escape the notion that your game is locked up in the hoosegow and that heroics may be required.

Aside from the fact that my French GIGN is apparently nowhere to be found, it's immediately apparent once you begin playing it that you could stay in for "one more round" until the end of the universe. The much improved tag resolution means that you can even create erotic new sprays to titillate your opponents. Believe me, I've seen the stuff that passed for pornography with the old spray specification, and let's be honest: you really needed to bring your imagination to bear. I'm as enthusiastic about that topic as the next man, but I really need to know what organ we're looking at here, guys. I'd also like conclusive evidence the occupant of your spray is a human being.

Though it's not my platform of choice for this genre, there is a PC demo of the imminent Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within that might help explain the new branching combat system.

There will hopefully be a big announcement today, something I wrote a whole bunch about and now had to remove. Keep your eye on PAINT or the feed, I guess. Also, make sure your credit cards are where you can get them. No, we're not selling anything. Yes, it's for children. Okay, yeah. It's Child's Play.

(CW)TB out.

we're already set in our ways

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.