Options

2 of us 9 of [Chat]

13468950

Posts

  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Because paint ball guns are so light and have no kick you end up holding them rather differently than actually guns.

    It must be hillarious seeing paint ballers using real guns for the first time.

    Oh man, I wouldn't want someone who has only shot a paintball gun anywhere near a real gun unless they were set down and took some classes first.

    I mean, a lot of the times with a paintball gun you put your head like, directly behind the gun, sounds like a great way to get smacked in the face.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahahahaha. If you want to go intelligence learn a language and get a degree.

    And even then the chances of you in any way stopping wars is so low as to be negligble. Do politics instead.

    Leitner on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Except that doing this will help qualify me for my greater goal of working in intelligence, where I supposedly will be able to work towards stopping wars before they actually start.

    You mean aside from the wars that we want to start for our greater benefit, right? :P

    Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Because paint ball guns are so light and have no kick you end up holding them rather differently than actually guns.

    It must be hillarious seeing paint ballers using real guns for the first time.
    I would hope that very few of them think that actual firearms behave like paintball markers.

    They all do.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    And the whole concept of "promoting peace as an end" does not come in to this equation at all. It's the means that are important, the means being military action makes you a non pacifist by any definition. It's not valid in the meta sense you're referring to.

    "Means justifying ends" (in reference to violence) is pretty much the opposite of pacifism. At least that's what I always thought.

    Haphazard on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    I would hope that very few of them think that actual firearms behave like paintball markers.

    It's actually the other way around with new players/way too many woods players. They think paintball markers behave like actual firearms. So they buy stocks, and red dot sites, and fore-grips and all this retarded shit that does nothing for a paintball gun. And then they hold and fire it like a rifle and it's just silly, so silly.

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    A pacifist should probably avoid the military altogether.

    You know. Since it's the military.

    No, Zen, because.

    I'm going into law because I hate lawyers and want nothing to do with them.

    Durp durp.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    And the whole concept of "promoting peace as an end" does not come in to this equation at all. It's the means that are important, the means being military action makes you a non pacifist by any definition. It's not valid in the meta sense you're referring to.

    "Means justifying ends" (in reference to violence) is pretty much the opposite of pacifism. At least that's what I always thought.

    Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hahahahaha. If you want to go intelligence learn a language and get a degree.

    I am learning several languages. I am also getting a degree. But special forces experience (Rangers being a special forces unit) will help qualify me.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is totally false.

    Organichu on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's more like saying that you're opposed to laws so you're going to become a legislator and work to outlaw laws.

    Bama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You can go into MI without having to be a Ranger.

    And you can do CIA/FBI/NSA by being a straight civvie, too.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    It's more like saying that you're opposed to laws so you're going to become a legislator and work to outlaw laws.

    Like Libertarian politicians?

    nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is totally false.

    I already said that!

    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    I wish I could say I wasn't thinking the same thing.

    But I can't say that without lying.

    YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    man, I want a cupcake

    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is totally false.

    I already said that!

    No you didn't, that is totally false.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I'd have happily enlisted 11b at 18 y/o if I could have.

    Organichu on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Isn't saying "a very poor episode of gundam wing" kind of redundant? :P

    Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    I wish I could say I wasn't thinking the same thing.

    But I can't say that without lying.
    Actually, this kinda sounds like Death Note.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    man, i don't know what im more afraid of.

    Res the special forces pacifist or Res the intelligence officer.

    this is starting to feel like an elaborate joke.

    Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is totally false.

    I already said that!

    Oh sorry, I didn't read back any.

    Organichu on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    It's more like saying that you're opposed to laws so you're going to become a legislator and work to outlaw laws.

    Like Libertarian politicians?
    I hate that people keep coming up with real-world examples of my absurd hypotheticals.

    Of course, it's no coincidence that those exemplars are widely despised.

    Bama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wiggin is joining the military.

    How scary is that shit.

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    You can go into MI without having to be a Ranger.

    And you can do CIA/FBI/NSA by being a straight civvie, too.

    Yes, I know. But I want the least boring job I can get, for which the CIA demands some kind of SF experience.

    Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    I wish I could say I wasn't thinking the same thing.

    But I can't say that without lying.

    We're a couple of sad individuals aren't we?

    Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Isn't saying "a very poor episode of gundam wing" kind of redundant? :P

    Not quite. We're just starting the quality scale a whole lot lower, so "a very poor GW episode" is like "I took a poop on a series of cells and animated it."

    YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    I wish I could say I wasn't thinking the same thing.

    But I can't say that without lying.

    Which is totally cool because Gundam Wing is awesome!

    But I don't get why it's so god damn important to stick this pacifist label upon ones self, especially when it's totally false. Why not just be yourself and make due without a label or another. There's no "plus or minus to personal worth" system by being a pacifist or not, and there's certainly not such a system for claiming to be one when he's not.

    Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wiggin is joining the military.

    How scary is that shit.

    Shit like this is why I could never join the military.

    Also my cowardice, lack of loyalty, and overall bitchery.

    Incenjucar on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, so you're taking the violent option because the other one is boring.

    Yea, you're a great pacifist.

    Bama on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    I mean personally Res I think your career choice is excellent, I'm all for it. It's just silly to try to 'force apply' (like a credit card with a damaged magnetic strip on a point of sale system) the term pacifist to your career choice... what you've outlined, only fight when you need to in order to propagate the net peace, is just first world common sense. The word 'pacifism' is a poor descriptor. And I also think you need to understand that changing MOS isn't what you seem to think it is.

    Organichu on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wiggin is joining the military.

    How scary is that shit.

    Isn't he doing the most menial shit. Like loading shells in planes or something? I mean if he was an officer, or something that had no oversight I might be worried. But as it is, he'll basically be babysat.

    Leitner on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    You can go into MI without having to be a Ranger.

    And you can do CIA/FBI/NSA by being a straight civvie, too.

    Yes, I know. But I want the least boring job I can get, for which the CIA demands some kind of SF experience.

    You know, if you just stopped calling yourself a pacifist and actually learned what the idea of pacifism and non-violent conflict resolution was, we'd probably be kind of supportive.

    god damnit organ

    Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hello peoples how are you

    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    And if we get involved in a war effort that I don't think advances the cause of peace I will be free to change my MOS to something less violent.

    This is what you're confused about. Right here you say that "I can be a pacifist if my violent actions promote peace", and it's objectively wrong. It's a fact that this right here disqualifies you from the pacifist club.

    Any definition will tell you that, just google a bit and you will have to find out that what I'm saying is true.

    You know, this whole argument is sounding like a very poor episode of Gundam Wing.

    I wish I could say I wasn't thinking the same thing.

    But I can't say that without lying.

    It is sounding like someone who is going to get chewed up and spat out by military culture and discipline.

    Res, dude, you're a good guy, but you are completely and utterly wrong about this. I know you've already given this idea a lot of thought, but you really need to give it a little more because you're getting in way over your head. The military is no place for an idealist, especially one as confused as you seem to be. You either need to adjust your plans or your attitude, because right now the two are not compatible in the least.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wiggin is joining the military.

    How scary is that shit.

    ...

    Deep breaths... deep breaths...

    Haphazard on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hello peoples how are you

    Belligerent and numerous.

    Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Organichu wrote: »
    I mean personally Res I think your career choice is excellent, I'm all for it. It's just silly to try to 'force apply' (like a credit card with a damaged magnetic strip on a point of sale system) the term pacifist to your career choice... what you've outlined, only fight when you need to in order to propagate the net peace, is just first world common sense. The word 'pacifism' is a poor descriptor. And I also think you need to understand that changing MOS isn't what you seem to think it is.

    Dude you totally just choose a new job and they let you do it. Like astronaut.

    skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hello peoples how are you

    Still proud of your test taking skillz.

    Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.