Options

2 of us 9 of [Chat]

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Res wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    I mean personally Res I think your career choice is excellent, I'm all for it. It's just silly to try to 'force apply' (like a credit card with a damaged magnetic strip on a point of sale system) the term pacifist to your career choice... what you've outlined, only fight when you need to in order to propagate the net peace, is just first world common sense. The word 'pacifism' is a poor descriptor. And I also think you need to understand that changing MOS isn't what you seem to think it is.

Look, I've invited you all to come up with a better descriptor for what I'm describing. No one has. Unfortunately "decent person" and "person with common sense" are also terrible descriptors.

As for changing MOS... Shit, I'll just have to hope we don't consolidate our forces and invade Mexico for no reason some time in the next two years.

There's not an already built up label I can think of, mainly because labels and specific words like "pacifist" are made because they are either black or white. What you do need to do is not call yourself a pacifist, or at least expect that no-one who knows what the word means will agree with you. And the definition is pretty simple from any point of view.

Your career choice seems ambitious and awesome though, I wish you good luck. Just know that you don't need to call yourself a pacifist to believe in peace. And that you're in no way a pacifist if you use violence as a means to bring peace.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ITT Haps is olllllllllllllllllllllllld

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Hello peoples how are you

Still proud of your test taking skillz.
    Yes I am! And yes it was out of 100 to whoever asked before. HOORAY!

AAAAND My Law & Politics quiz just got posted too and I got a 104%

I am BALLIN'

(I will now proceed to grow incredibly lazy and not do my work....:P)

104%?

What is this, Donkey Kong Country 4: The Test?
    Gratz

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ok im gonna go to a meeting now about pacifism as that is apparantly what the military is all about.

cyall later.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Happy Birthday haps.

How old are you now, 57?

Too old for your amorous advances. :winky:
    '79er here!

79 is pretty old.

I bet $5 you don't make it to 80.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    hakk you wished me luck and my AIM died

don't you ever wish me good luck again

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2009
    So my 17 month old son has defeated the child safety locks we have keeping the DVD cabinet closed. To open them, you must hit two buttons simultaneuously, one of the front and one on the side, and then pull really hard. So he pushes the buttons, and then wrenches it down hard enough to keep the buttons pressed. Then he pulls on the doors, using them as leverage to pry the lock open. After each pull, he readjusts the child safety lock to reposition it, so as to maximize the effect of prying it open with the door. Gradually, he works the lock off, then grabs every DVD in there and throws it on the floor. Often, he will leave one of his toys in their stead.

He does this, yet he cannot master the operational nuances of a sippy-cup. He just sort of holds it upright, sucking ineffectually between sad little whimpers.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Look, I've invited you all to come up with a better descriptor for what I'm describing. No one has. Unfortunately "decent person" and "person with common sense" are also terrible descriptors.
    "Pacifist" is too, though. You're not somehow entitled to a one-word label for your moral code.

Which is why I've spent pages and pages explaining myself instead of just ignoring you all.
    Right, so why call yourself a pacifist? Just because you can eventually clarify a confusing statement doesn't mean that you should have made it in the first place.

Bama on
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    Hey Haps, wasn’t it your birthday yesterday?

Indeed, it was. I overdosed all of my surroundings with cake.

Happy post-birthday.

Cake is yummy. For my fiance's birthday, her parents sent her a gift card to Carvel. Free cake that you get to pick out yourself is probably the bestest cake ever.

Dairy Queen chocolate extreme blizzard cakes ftw.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Happy Birthday haps.

How old are you now, 57?

'79er here!

You're only ten years older then me? I thought you were proper old, like nearly forty or something?

Leitner on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    So my 17 month old son has defeated the child safety locks we have keeping the DVD cabinet closed. To open them, you must hit two buttons simultaneuously, one of the front and one on the side, and then pull really hard. So he pushes the buttons, and then wrenches it down hard enough to keep the buttons pressed. Then he pulls on the doors, using them as leverage to pry the lock open. After each pull, he readjusts the child safety lock to reposition it, so as to maximize the effect of prying it open with the door. Gradually, he works the lock off, then grabs every DVD in there and throws it on the floor. Often, he will leave one of his toys in their stead.

He does this, yet he cannot master the operational nuances of a sippy-cup. He just sort of holds it upright, sucking ineffectually between sad little whimpers.

Child safety locks have always been more effective at keeping adults from getting into to whatever they're protecting (I'm looking at you vitamin bottles) than at keeping children away from them.

On the other hand, congratulations! It looks like your son wants to become an engineer.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »

D:

Would you like some of my test taking awesomeness

Evidently I am a master

(YOU'LL DO GREAT :^:)

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man we don't even flirt for real.
    Now does this mean "we flirt, but it isn't real flirting" or "we don't flirt, at all?"

We had phone sex once.

But the phone sex was based on the browser game Dynomite.

We decided that combos were orgasms.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Happy Birthday haps.

How old are you now, 57?

'79er here!

79 is pretty old.

hahahahaha

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Happy Birthday haps.

How old are you now, 57?

'79er here!

79 is pretty old.

Well, yeah. Probably not.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He is going to grow up to be a villain. He's already leaving his calling card when he completes a heist.

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Now does this mean "we flirt, but it isn't real flirting" or "we don't flirt, at all?"

We had phone sex once.

I believe this will rank on my list of Top 10 Nerdiest Things to come out of the PA board.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Aegis wrote: »

Child safety locks have always been more effective at keeping adults from getting into to whatever they're protecting (I'm looking at you vitamin bottles) than at keeping children away from them.

On the other hand, congratulations! It looks like your son wants to become an engineer.

Or professional house thief.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

We had phone sex once.

So you were sleeping around.

Bama on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    You're only ten years older then me? I thought you were proper old, like nearly forty or something?

Those ten years were brutal, man!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    He is going to grow up to be a villain. He's already leaving his calling card when he completes a heist.
    Can't be worse than the Wet Bandits.

Bama on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

D:

Evidently I am a master

shut up and tell me if that belly dancer is hot

tyrannus on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    "Pacifist" is too, though. You're not somehow entitled to a one-word label for your moral code.

Which is why I've spent pages and pages explaining myself instead of just ignoring you all.
    Right, so why call yourself a pacifist? Just because you can eventually clarify a confusing statement doesn't mean that you should have made it in the first place.

Because my personal priority is furthering my belief that people shouldn't kill other people, and that is called pacifism, and I don't know of a more specific descriptor that means "I am willing to do something I consider wrong if it is the only way to prevent it from happening a lot more."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009

He's going to be a Wet Bandit. Hope you've got flood insurance Jeffe!

EDIT: Bama is a classy southern gentleman.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I am BALLIN'

You realize that by saying that you are leaving yourself open to having people guess how you got that extra 4%, right?

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    edited March 2009

D:

Evidently I am a master

shut up and tell me if that belly dancer is hot
    I don't know i've never been to it

belly dancers are generally smokin' though

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Roaming the streets, waving his mod gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2009

Or professional house thief.

As long as he's successful.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I’m a cat burglar. I steal cats.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

I am BALLIN'

You realize that by saying that you are leaving yourself open to having people guess how you got that extra 4%, right?

it certainly wasn't because two of the questions had several responses that were on equal footing and therefore caused a lot of confusion and she gave the points out for free as a result of her poor wording

it was because I fucked her, and I fucked her good

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

You bastard.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Because my personal priority is furthering my belief that people shouldn't kill other people, and that is called pacifism, and I don't know of a more specific descriptor that means "I am willing to do something I consider wrong if it is the only way to prevent it from happening a lot more."
    Pragmatist

There, quit yer bitchin'.

Bama on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

chat is full of lies today

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

But do you leave plush Cookie Monsters in their place? Because that's the sign of a master thief.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I believe this will rank on my list of Top 10 Nerdiest Things to come out of the PA board.

Second best phone call ever. <3

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

I am BALLIN'

it certainly wasn't because two of the questions had several responses that were on equal footing and therefore caused a lot of confusion and she gave the points out for free as a result of her poor wording

it was because I fucked her, and I fucked her good

So long as it was good then I have nothing further to add to it.
    Seriously, congrats on the marks.

Gonmun on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

First best phone call ever: "It's not your baby."

Bama on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Pfft, Amateur. A real pro:

hamburgler-737730.jpg

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2009

chat is full of lies today
    are you saying belly dancing isn't hot, you cocksucker

cause that's the only way you couldn't find it hot
    i want to learn belly dancing but i am too jiggly :(

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

But do you leave plush Cookie Monsters in their place? Because that's the sign of a master thief.

I leave Cookie Monsters in place of letters of the alphabet.

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    edited March 2009

First best phone call ever: "It's not your baby."

Ahahah

Like I've ever been in a position to knock anyone up.

Incenjucar on
This discussion has been closed.