As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Episode 3.5: The Emperor's Gambit -- Ron Paulpatine Victory :P

• Options
    GalacticEmperorGalacticEmperor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Player list updated to here, 6 more slots left for Day 1, plus lots of reserves.

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Signup
    I just want to be in a Phalla haven't even read the rules yet

Rent on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Ooooo, this sounds cool! Sign up

We can be dead after Day 1 again!

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign-up

all filibusters must be solved by lightsaber duel

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm gonna half to retract because some shit has come up that is gonna leave me unable to play.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !signup / Reserve up if full.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i dare warban to reveal on day 1..... again!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not this time. I Should of exploded last game from the powers of the mafia. Besides this one looks to be more my sort of complexity.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Reading through the rules a few times, it looks like it won't be that hard to understand at all.

I still know like half of the sign ups won't actually pay attention. They'll be retracting kill votes with green, and editing their posts all over the place.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign me up please! Or reserve if full already.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign up

Been a while since I've played in a Phalla.

I always seem to miss the sign ups.

Sepah on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And I think I'd prefer Saturday/Sunday as two separate days.

Sepah on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Updated to here. Kagera removed =(

Still one active open, and reserves (need reserves =)

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Hey, alright, I'll play a D&D Phalla.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ok, initial roster full -- PMs will go out tonight

Still plenty of room for reserves

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Eh, I'll !Reserve up.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    reserve me

Medopine on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I hope I'm an imperial loyalist. I just want to be able to say "Die, rebel scum!"

It would make me happy :P.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wish: I can only hope to find someone's lack of faith disturbing.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Reserve

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    ok, folks, this is it... PMs are about to start going out.

Your PM will contain URLs to one or more ProBoards. These ALL require registration, follow the instructions in your PM as to what to register as. Anyone who does not follow these instructions will NOT be authorized, and miss out on their faction's activities.

I am going to bed soon after the last PM goes out, so it may be morning before you get authorized. I will guarantee that everyone who registers overnight will be authorized no later than 10am Eastern, and I will check periodically for new registrations until everyone is registered.

Once the last PM is out, a post will be made calling this session of the Senate to order, and the game will begin.

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For the Glory of the Empire!

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Klackon Hive has returned from our conquest of the Phallic Nebula. We are eager to perform our Senatorial duties back on Coruscant.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Emperor stands at his podium and gestures. The buzz of conversation dies down.

"I now call this session of the Galactic Senate to order. Our first order of business must be to preserve the empire, and to that end, we must rid ourselves of the rebel scum!"
    OK, that's it, I'm tired. :P

Everyone be sure to double-check your PM boxes. I sent out the rebel / imperial PMs separately from the faction ones so that I could do the faction ones in batches. If you are a rebel or imperial, you were sent a second PM after all of the faction ones were finished.

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So. . .

I'm going to vote for gundam470. And that means gundam is going to die.

Why, you ask? Well, it's fairly simple.

EVERYONE is part of one of the four teams. There are two scenarios for everyone to consider.

On one hand, maybe gundam is not on your team. Then, you want to vote for him. Look at the rules and the example provided. Sure, you want to specifically kill your opposing team. But you also want every other team to be as low in numbers as possible too. Because if you don't succeed in killing the opposing team ENTIRELY, then EVERY OTHER TEAM
    S numbers matter. A lot. (Even if you do succeed COMPLETELY, if one of the other teams does too then this same situation comes into play. Here's the given example on the first page, if you need a refresher on why I'm right:
    Should the game terminate with no rebel or imperial victory, and either no faction completely eliminated, or multiple factions eliminated, the winning faction will be determined based on the difference in surviving population between the otherwise-tied faction and their opponents. So, if A has 5 survivors, B has 1, C has 8, and D has 7, then A wins, because (5-1) > (8-7). You have to kill off your opponents AND survive

For 75% of you out there, killing gundam helps you win directly. His death will prove critical later in the game. As an added bonus, he has a 33% chance of being on your direct opponent's team, which is a nice perk. If you do not pile on this vote, then you leave open the chance that someone else will be voted out. And that someone else could easily be on your team. Which would hurt you, a lot, since every person matters.

So to sum that up, if you vote for gundam you are both directly aiding your win, and directly saving your team from losing someone to the vote possibly.

Which brings us, now, to gundam's own team. Sorry to you guys :P. You guys have a choice, it's not quite as cut and dry. I know what I'd do, but it's your decision. You can either 1) vote for someone other than gundam. Hoping for heavy vote manipulation, or perhaps you manage to convince a few people on other teams to do so as well and it's not quite as intense vote manipulation. I dunno, it's a desperate maneuver so I don't expect it. Because by NOT voting for gundam, you are pretty much marking yourself as being on his team. Everyone else wants gundam to die. And once gundam dies and his identity is revealed, your opposing faction is going to have some very nice targets.

So Option 2) is, of course, to vote for gundam. Yes, you are voting for your own person. But he is, basically, screwed already. And at least this way you won't be exposed.

Whatever you decide, though, don't wait too long. Remember, everyone else in the game likes this bandwagon. Not liking it kind of exposes you.

So yeah. That is why gundam is pretty much screwed. I think, at least :P. Perhaps there's some faulty logic there, but I've been thinking on it and can't see any.

Just as a reminder to everyone too, and to clear this up, you don't care too much about imperial loyalists or rebels. When they die the game ends, sure. But one team will die eventually. Let them fight over it. Your focus is entirely on making your team better than the other teams.

Oh, and. . . . sorry gundam :(. You were the first on the list that wasn't on my team.

(Also, I so typed this up an hour ago. Wanted to get the first vote, so if someone else beats me in the few minutes (hopefully) that it takes me to post this after the game starts then I'll be peeved :lol:. And I typed whatever came to mind and didn't proofread it. So ideally it makes sense!)

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yey I was waiting to post that!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Folks, don't forget, you ALSO need to elect a high judge today. Execution votes in red, judge votes in lime.

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're kind of tempted to vote for kime based purely on that. It would seem to make this game much less... dynamic.

We shall consider.

In the meantime the honorable delegate lxitixl would like to nominate the Hive for judge. Vote for us and you get billions of judges working in unison to deliver the policies we need!

!enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    kime sounds like he'd be a good judge. Very impartial. Definitely not swayed by any amounts of candy or cake or other sugary goodness.

And he's definitely seeking to better the senate! And not to further his own goals of killing the rebel scum!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We're kind of tempted to vote for kime based purely on that. It would seem to make this game much less... dynamic.

We shall consider.

pfft, you know it's brilliant! Anyways, there's a lot going on in this game. A lot going on publicly, pseudo-publicly, and privately. The red vote being somewhat straightforward still leaves plenty to consider.

For instance, why you should all vote for me and not enlightenedbum! He's a bug, what does he care about your interests!?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Having a predetermined bandwagon isn't very impartial, !kime.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We care for all! We are working for the glorification and joining of all into the Hive!

Except the glorious Emperor, who scares us. He'll still get to dictate to the larger Hive.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We care for all! We are working for the glorification and joining of all into the Hive!

Except the glorious Emperor, who scares us. He'll still get to dictate to the larger Hive.
    What if I told you I was the Emperor? What would you say then!?

Also, cj, it's only predetermined in that I said it first. It's not like we all gathered together at the beginning of the game and decided who to kill. Really, for everyone here, 75% of the game is mafia. And you know who your team is. There's no reason not to bandwagon someone not on your team.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    enlightenedbum! I saw that! Ninja-editing already!? When the Emperor has strictly forbidden it!?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Also, cj, it's only predetermined in that I said it first. It's not like we all gathered together at the beginning of the game and decided who to kill. Really, for everyone here, 75% of the game is mafia. And you know who your team is. There's no reason not to bandwagon someone not on your team.

We would say you're an impostor, !kime
    You know I hate day one votes on you, but you're asking for it this time.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote:
    Lots of strong logic, but a dangerous precedent

I can't argue with any of what you've said here, Kime, but it looks to me like the start of what could be a dangerous trend. While you are correct in stating that almost everyone will benefit in one way or another by jumping onto this bandwagon, what's to stop you from doing this tomorrow? And the next day? And the day after that?

You're jumping out way ahead of the pack, trying to silence anyone who opposes you by (correctly) assuming that such opposition would give away their positions, while at the same time attempting to forward your own personal cause. Gundam470 may not be on your side tonight, fellow Senators, and you will have nothing to lose by voting for him.

But what about Kime's target tomorrow?

First they came for the Gamorreans, and I said nothing, because I was not a Gamorrean. Then they came for the Ugnaughts, and I said nothing. Then they came for the Ewoks, and I said nothing. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to say anything.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I suspect the Emperor might have something to say to someone claiming his identity... :P

GalacticEmperor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

We would say you're an impostor, !kime
    You know I hate day one votes on you, but you're asking for it this time.

:P I couldn't help it! It sounded like such a good plan. . . :(

Actually, I still think it is. So there!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oops. We forgot that rule. We kindly suggest the Emperor make that one bigger and colorful. And re-post it, because it goes against our natural instincts.

enlightenedbum on