As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Episode 3.5: The Emperor's Gambit -- Ron Paulpatine Victory :P

1596061626365»

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm super new to Phalla, but it does seem like the people who have the most fun are the ones with the most information. In this case, the Imperials and the Rebels. And for that reason, I'm extra glad that this was a faction-based game so that everybody got to collaborate at least a little bit. I don't know what I would've done without being able to bounce ideas off people and ask for advice from my team, even if half of it was from that traitorous JamesKeenan. I'm still bitter, mostly at myself, for being so damn wrong about our investigations, but I had an absolute blast playing the game. I also feel like I should apologize a bit for being so obnoxious and annoying (particularly towards the Free Traders) near the end of the game; it was sorta on purpose, though. I was mostly just bored, and trying to get myself more involved because I was sick of standing in the background letting Warban and Savant do everything all by themselves. :P I didn't want to end the game without even attracting anybody's attention.

I look forward to playing with everybody in the future, and I hope there are no hard feelings :) And thanks again to you guys who made the game possible.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You have the most fun when you're active is what I've found.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ya, I mean for the most part I am active anyway. I just got voted in as high judge day 1.

There is too much pressure in leading. I like throw my thoughts in from the side.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    I like to throw my thoughts in as a kill!

Otherwise I just don't really have a good grasp on the situation.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Like I said, I had the most fun when I was mixing things up as much as I could. Of course, I was mixing them up completely incorrectly, but that didn't change the fact that it was fun. Do you guys know how excited I got when I thought that I was the only person in the game who knew that GrimmyTOA was the Protectionist's Imperial? Operating under the assumption that our investigations were correct, I all of a sudden felt like the most informed guy in the game. I knew it wasn't me, and he was the only guy left! It had to be him!

I started shooting off all these crazy Private Messages, trying to work up a plan to trick our Imperial into thinking he was safe only to stab him in the back at the last second. It was damn exciting. And I was completely wrong, but oh well. Like I said, I can't wait to play another.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I had the most fun when I PMed Savant to try and get him onto Cinders and as a total side thought, told him about the roster trading and unleashed all that crazy that night.

Was so awesome, I felt like I influenced actions. Also, totally found out Cinders based on my gut feeling.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    I had the most fun when I PMed Savant to try and get him onto Cinders and as a total side thought, told him about the roster trading and unleashed all that crazy that night.

I had the most fun trying to play the teams and buy/sell the rosters.

I had the least fun when my team and the free traders totally crapped out on that one. We coulda had somthing special free traders! And then they elected savant too. Seriously, why?

Coulda had a guy on your team as HJ but apparently that isn't the best strategy. I just feel vindicated that he kinda sold you noobs out the next day.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    JebusUD wrote: »

I had the least fun when my team and the free traders totally crapped out on that one. We coulda had somthing special free traders! And then they elected savant too. Seriously, why?

Coulda had a guy on your team as HJ but apparently that isn't the best strategy. I just feel vindicated that he kinda sold you noobs out the next day.

They were too paranoid. I should have pushed for that, but thought it would look a little too bloodthirsty and obvious.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

They were too paranoid. I should have pushed for that, but thought it would look a little too bloodthirsty and obvious.

Honestly, I can see how it was good, but the idea that by like..day 3 knowing what faction EVERYONE was in didn't sound fun to me. Part of the fun was figuring out who was who. And trading whole rosters took that away.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Honestly, I can see how it was good, but the idea that by like..day 3 knowing what faction EVERYONE was in didn't sound fun to me. Part of the fun was figuring out who was who. And trading whole rosters took that away.

I thought the wheelings and dealings and possible double-crossings about trading rosters was way more fun than "trying to figure out" what faction everyone was on, which really means not knowing at all unless someone does something obvious or is seered.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

I thought the wheelings and dealings and possible double-crossings about trading rosters was way more fun than "trying to figure out" what faction everyone was on, which really means not knowing at all unless someone does something obvious or is seered.

Well, I guess I'm just the jerk who ruined everyone else's fun then. Feel free to bandwagon me next game.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »

Well, I guess I'm just the jerk who ruined everyone else's fun then. Feel free to bandwagon me next game.

It's ok, I was planning to get savants list and then revealing everyone publicly between all groups. Lucky for the rest of the game savant wasn't intrested. The main reasion for trying this was to stop giving the spys the power over knowing all groups anyway. And besides My group was ahead.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was really suspicious of EB day 5, enough that I PM'd Cinders and asked him to present my argument to the faction so it wouldn't look like I suspected him. Cinders did and we got the seer off on EB and.... he was cleared. That whole planting evidence mechanic versus the supposedly accurate investigation legislation really bums me out because I was right and there was no way to know.

Well, we were really bummed out when we spent a whole night planting evidence on HamHamJ and then the Libertarian's shitty investigators failed to find the big sign we nailed to his office wall that read "IMMA IMPEEREEAL."

So they just went back and went, "I dun know who he is is!"

So we just killed him ourself the next day.

Nerissa wrote: »
    Oh, and DA getting bandwagoned after the offhand comment about whether the bad guys knew each other? Classic. :P

:lol:

You don't know the half of it...

Last game I played that he ran, I got a PM from him right after I died telling me that almost every guess / assumption I had made about hidden mechanics was spot on, like I was reading his mind... and then this. :lol:

Do I hear wedding bells?!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh, and DA getting bandwagoned after the offhand comment about whether the bad guys knew each other? Classic. :P

:lol:

You don't know the half of it...

Last game I played that he ran, I got a PM from him right after I died telling me that almost every guess / assumption I had made about hidden mechanics was spot on, like I was reading his mind... and then this. :lol:

Do I hear wedding bells?!

Uh... I think perhaps my co-narrator might object to that... :P

Nerissa on