Options

[D&D 4E] Shackled City (Table Talk Thread)

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Alecthar wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Drow are native, yes - there is an Underdark in the same plane as Cauldron. They're just incredibly rare to be seen on the surface of the world.

My note about montrous races was mainly to dissuade people from choosing goblins and the like as their PC - I did not think there would be much fun in playing encounter after encounter of "the guard cry 'kidnapper!' and charge the goblin and his ne'er-do-well allies!"

I'm the kind of guy who made sure not to get a single dark side point in Kotor. I'm working on a "Born among Humans" background Drow with the redemptions and the mendings of the ways and the whatnots.

Sounds fine to me.

You are all giving me too many excellent choices!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A second guy, who I think I'd prefer to play over my Warlock if it came to that,

Kellus, Drow Sorcerer

Background: Born in the Underdark, but abandoned in the forests of the world above, Kellus was raised by a humble woodsman and his wife. Though he struggled with the magic that coursed through his blood, Kellus grew to embrace the beliefs of his adoptive family, including their worship of Pelor.

But it is difficult to outrun one's past, and Kellus' was no exception. Determined to eliminate any possibility that Kellus might return to his subterranean birthplace seeking vengeance, a small group of Drow assassins attempted to kill Kellus and his family. Kellus, then a young man, somehow unleashed the magic locked in his blood. The resulting storm of arcane magics defeated the assassins and saved his family.

Since that day, Kellus has used his abilities in defense of the righteous. Kellus sees little value in trying to atone for the crimes of his people, instead he considers his virtuous acts a kind of testament to the power of good people to affect change, even in situations where such change might be thought impossible. Cauldron, the latest stop in Kellus' wanderings, is as good a place to demonstrate that principle as any.
    Personality Traits: Kellus is noticeably more gregarious than the average Underdark exile, but is still fairly reserved, particularly with those not known to him. However, when he "turns on the charm" (so to speak), Kellus is known to be exceedingly compelling. Between his appearance, natural magnetism, and the faint shimmer of arcane power that often surrounds him, Kellus has been know to cajole information out of hardened criminals, swindle brilliant con men, and bluff his way out of more than a few situations one might charitably describe as "dire."
    Mannerisms and Appearance: Kellus is, like most drow, rather handsome and well built. His suppressed arcane power creates a slight shimmer about him. He is outfitted in a loose fitting cloth tunic and breeches, and carries a walking staff made from a branch from the forest of his upbringing.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    StormgaleStormgale Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Athlar, Elven ranger

(I am in a game, but as I didnt get to play the ranger character, Ill throw him here)

Rough character Picture (Not mine)
    elven_archer.jpg

Personality
    Athlar was an explorer since as young as he could remember, running through the trees of his People's forest finding new delights as he Ranged further and further from his home. His curiosity was mostly attributed to his fey nature, he would always try new things, whether it be food or drink from the traders that his town received or new techniques with his bow. He is always changing, bettering himself if he can... trying to brush off the complacent nature of the other Long living races.

Stormgale on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I call dimensional hopping shenanigans!

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    StormgaleStormgale Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    manaleak34 wrote: »

He is secretly a slider :D

Stormgale on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stormgale wrote: »

Now i'm picturing Jerry O' Connel with pointy elf ears.

Figgy, get on it!

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ain Soph wrote: »

Figgy, get on it!

Like I have nothing better to do than to entertain your whimsical photoshop fancies?
    61042253.jpg

And uh, while looking for elf ears for that picture, I found out something quite disturbing. People actually sew their own ears together to look like this.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Figgy wrote: »

Figgy, get on it!

I have nothing better to do than to entertain your whimsical photoshop fancies!
    61042253.jpg

This is why we love you.

Also that first elf ear chick looks like an ex of mine. Probably is her, the crazy bitch.

Ain Soph on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Mynith, Goliath Barbarian

Appearance
    Mynith stands head and shoulders over the average human. That combined with his rough hide armor and a halberd nearly as tall as he makes him an imposing figure.

In truth though he is quite jovial and friendly, quickly embracing others so long as they don't present themselves as hostile.

Mynith's skin is a ash grey color with charcoal patches.
    Personality
    Myntih is a lighthearted soul, quickly making new friends and acquaintances. He enjoys telling jokes and will often do so even when it is ill-advised.

Having only recently been exposed to the greater world Mynith feels a bit overprotective toward other races, as they are so much smaller than he and his tribe. This is slowly fading however as he learns just how capable some of them can be.
    Background
    Mynith was born in a small cave-system near a snow-capped mountain peak along with his twin brother, Turroth. The two have developed a friendly but serious rivalry, nearly everything the two do is treated as a competition but they celebrate each others successes nearly as much as their own.

Mynith and Turroth's youth was spent playing amongst the snow fields and rocky outcroppings near the tribe's home. When they reached adolescence their father taught them to wield the axes and swords favored by the tribe's warriors, which they both quickly learned. Hunting then became a new contest between the two, seeing who could bring back the most dangerous creature they could find and track.

The mountain lacked true challenge however, being mostly populated with goats and sheep with few monsters to be found, and so on their 21st birthday the brothers left their home to wander out into the world vowing to return in 5 years time to tell each other of their travels and exploits.

Haroun, Human Wizard

Appearance
    Haroun has lightly tanned skin and short sand colored hair. He traditionally wears a light blue robe with a black collar.

When inside a city or large town Haroun finds it hard to relax and will constantly mutter the words of his spells under his breathe as well as habitually use his cantrips to produce minor effects around him.

Out in the wilderness or small villages the nervousness disappears and is replaced by a quiet calmness.
    Personality
    Haroun is a quiet person and often keeps to himself. He is always listening for news of his home, fearing for its safety in his absence. He is convinced that his path is the correct one though and refuses to return until his arcane power is unmatched.
    Background
    Haroun Saedun was born to modest parents amongst a respectable port town. Showing promise in the magical arts he was granted an apprenticeship early in his life to a wizard serving the city’s militia. For the latter part of his teens Haroun rarely left the Wizard’s tower, instead spending all of his time learning as much as he could from his mentor’s old books and scrolls.

But then the day came when a goblinoid army threatened the area and he and his mentor had to ride with the militia to stop them before they reached the town. In the ensuing battle the goblinoid army was defeated but many of the militia lost their lives, including the wizard. All in the townsfolk expected Haroun to assume his deceased mentor’s post, but he couldn’t stand the thought of the years of tedium that he knew he would face if he stayed.

Haroun took several books from the tower and, in the dead of night, departed his hometown to seek knowledge and adventure in the wilds. He swears to himself that one day he will return to protect his home, but who knows what he will find when that day comes.

Last Son on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A second character has been added to my original post.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    likethesearchenginelikethesearchengine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As promised, my characters:

I'm equally happy playing either based on what you need. I will be away (and only able to post in the evenings) until Thursday, April 9.

#1: Sothal, striker.

Drow Sorcerer with a lot of rage but a lot of patience.

#2: Tanthal, controller.

Eladrin Wizard with a good soul. Somewhat scarred from time in the military, dabbles in the lute to sooth his demons.

Sothal Appearance:
    Sothal is a male Drow. About 5'10", he is slender but very lithe, but not particularly muscular. He has lightly glowing red eyes (typical of his race) when it is dark, that are more of a milky color when seen in the light. He has silvery-white hair, dulled significantly from its natural luster by exposure to the sun. His back and arms are covered with scars from the scourges of Lolth's (or other deity for this world) priestesses, forming shiny black ridges across his otherwise smooth jet black skin. When completely, uncontrollably enraged, his skin is suffused with a barely perceptible glow of angry red light. Barely perceptible in dusky conditions, it is almost impossible to see in more well lit settings. This is rare, however... he has a high degree of self control and the constantly smoldering rage in his soul is tempered by a cold, fastidious patience. He wears a copper ring on his left little finger, forged forged to contain several strands of the hair of his beloved sister, Thea.

Sothal Background:
    Sothal was a male born to servitude in a lower house in Ahenizonan, but his heart was never in the right place for his setting. It must have somehow run in his family: his eldest brother was brave but kindhearted - weak, they called him - and his only sister also had a gentle soul. He was forced to watch his brother butchered by his father, in an attempt to appease the priestesses... and to teach him a lesson about his behavior. He learned a lesson indeed, but that was only that good acting was key to his survival. He acted hard-hearted and earned favor, until as he turned 20, he took his only chance and absconded with his baby sister. He lived by his wits, providing for himself and his sibling, surviving mainly by luck in their mercifully brief stay in the underdark. He stumbled upon ancient and abandoned dwarven mining caverns, and stealthily made his way to the surface. Learning to scavenge in sunlit forests nearly cost them their lives yet again, but, half-starved and desperate, they made it into the back alleys of (city) by night. In a big, jaded city like this one, a drow thief in the back alleys was little more than a curiosity. He certainly wasn't the first drow to make good an escape to the surface, and though he was met with distrust and hostility by more reputable people than him - that is to say, everyone - at least half of that was due to the fact that he stunk, and tended to be stealing from the people he met. Sothal had always been a little different - preternaturally quick or having uncanny force behind his blows - but he never had any inkling he was special. That is until a few years ago, when he returned to the alleyway corner he and his sister had been hiding in for a few weeks. He found smears of blood and tufts of torn silver hair, but no sign of his sister. He flew into a rage: unnatural thunder accompanied his stride, and bursts of raw energy crackled with his words - he was too blinded by fury to wonder at himself, but terrified slummers quickly pointed him toward a slaver gang, and then went and called the watch. Sothal murdered several gangers, using the very air as his butcher's knife and block. The aftermath looked like what the guards could only imagine as hell. Scorched corpses and coagulated blood, running in rivulets down the walls or jutting up in gory stalagmites from the ground. In the end, it was for nothing. Sothal only found that his sister had been already put on a slaver ship with a false name of the Maybelle, and she was long gone. For months, the city went back to normal, and Sothal disappeared. Then, certain of the viler members of society started disappearing in rather gory way, which suggested rather unpleasant ends. The cycle accelerated over the course of a year and more but was largely ignored by the authorities, who were not (in practice) against some homegrown vigilante work.

Suddenly, the murders stopped. Rumors abounded that the drow, The Reaper of (City), had been killed, had found peace, or had even found a god. The truth was simpler: he had found a clue... and he was moving to act on it. Not knowing whether his sister was alive or dead, but knowing one simple fact, Sothal slipped into the wilderness of the night.

Sothal is haunted by the hideous crimes he committed in the city, but in his heart he feels that he was right - he was killing evil men to protect the innocent, and the life of his sibling he weighs as for more valuable than the lives of the dockside scum he butchered.

DM can provide the city and the fact.

Tanthal appearance:
    Tanthal is a male Eladrin, about 5'11", in shape but skinny. He has pale blond hair and green eyes. His skin is tan, even weathered for an elf, by long days in the sun when he was in the military. His left side is covered in burn scars, starting at chest level and ending past his ankle, a result from a terrible fight which ended his military career. This robbed him of some of his natural dexterity, which used to be extraordinary and is now merely good. The only normally visible portion of these scars are on his hand, pocked skin lining his two middle fingers. His face has a haughty cast when he is serious, but it is normally broken by a thoughtful expression or a smile.

Tanthal background:
    Tanthal was born to a well-off pair of Eladrin living in a human city. He was treated cruelly by children his age (as children are likely to do to those who are different), and so he took to reading alone. His parents had quite an extensive library, and he discovered he had a passion for learning. History, politics, the arcane... he absorbed the information like a sponge. He was accepted on merit to the Arcanist's Academy (or similar), and received a scholarly education, as well as training in the arts, and instruction in how to bend the arcane threads of life to his will. Again, he had a natural aptitude for both the arts and the Art, and chose the way of the wizard over that of musician or barrister. Upon completion of his formal training, he felt that he had a debt to pay to his benefactors, so he joined the (regiment name) as the regimental mage.

Tanthal was part of several actions and formed fast friendships with the leadership of his section. As a mage, he reported to the captain and his lieutenants but was somewhat outside the normal rank structure, which allowed for easy fraternization with the officers. One dusky morning, his detachment caught up with what was thought to be a small organization of bandits who had been hounding the roadways through the forests to the west of the city. The truth, however, turned out to be much darker.

As they moved in to ambush the 'bandits', the ground broke apart beneath their feet, and foul abominations rose from the dirt. As men were torn limb from limb, a black robed figure with sunken eyes and broken, oozing skin strode into the melee. Tanthal desperately struck out with raining blows of force, but the creature regarded him, unfazed, and leered. Purple-black flames poured from its gaping mouth, drooling out onto the ground, and racing across the ground toward the broken survivors. Tanthal attempted to twist away, but the oily flames still clutched at his skin, and he descended into the maddening blackness of sickening pain.

Tanthal, alone out of over 100 men, was found as a survivor amidst a sea of corpses. Inexplicably, the cult had moved on immediately following the engagement, leaving Tanthal in a trancelike state, attempting to cope with his horrific injury.

To try to manage the pain, which was horrible and seemingly unending, and irreparable by clerical healing - a gift of the dark magic - he took up playing the lute, and instrument he had shown great aptitude for in scholam. His now clumsy left hand struggled to keep up with his previous skill, but he improved. He began with learning regimental ballads and laments, and then started obsessively studying songs of pain and comrades lost. There was no denying it, he was good. And he began, almost by accident, weaving his words with light magic. Patients from other wards started coming to hear him, and it was a sad day in the hospital when he was discharged.

As it stands now, his scars are as healed as they are going to get, and the pain is almost gone most of the time. Over time, Tanthal built up a sense of blame for himself not being faster or stronger and saving his comrades... so upon discharge, he set off on the road. In a sort of self-exile, he has decided he will travel and seek to atone for his failings. He is eager to please, and pained to play... but every evening whether he is alone or with company, he will break out his lute and play a sad song for his lost friends.

_____

The inn was empty, except for the innkeeper, his serving girl, a gruff man deep into the flagon, and the scarred elf-minstrel lounging by the hearth. The innkeeper was still and silent with a rag and mug in his hands. The girl was sitting on the floor, staring with red rimmed eyes, and the drunk was quietly sobbing. As the last ghostly notes died in the still air, the innkeeper took a sudden deep breath, and began cleaning the mug again. The girl slowly stood and whispered, "That was so sad... but so beautiful. I could listen to that all night, but I think my heart would break."
    The eladrin smiled gently, carefully packing away his lute. "It was no more beautiful than my inspiration, " he said, inclining his head to her, paying the meaningless compliment.
    It struck the right chord with her, as she almost gasped as she whispered, "What is your name?"
    He regarded her with a gentle expression, and finished wrapping up the instrument.
    He stood fully and sighed, "My name is Tanthal."
    She looked into his eyes and stepped closer to him. Dangerously close - she was attractive, in her rough, human way, but he was not here for that. Not anymore. He let his face fall into an impassive mien. He could smell her perfume, coarse in his nostrils. She moved her face closer to his, but he brought up his unscarred hand, and laid it gently across her lips, restraining her more with force of will than with his feather-light touch. He had to leave, to keep moving.
    "I am named Tanthal... but I am just a ghost."
    He took his hand away, and slipped quietly out the door. The inn was left silent and darkened.

Out in the night, a cloaked figure strode softly into the forest.

likethesearchengine on
    moulder_sage_magic.gif
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Edit: Also a quick question, what's the diameter of Cauldron?

From one side to the other, it's a bit over 4500 feet. Or, in metric, around 1.4 kilometres.

Just a tally of what who we've got in the running so far:

LEADERS
    Tiefling Warlord
    Dragonborn Warlord
    Gnome Warlord
    Halfling Cleric
    Dwarven Shaman
    Half Elf Bard

STRIKERS
    Half-Orc Ranger
    Eladrin Ranger
    Elven Ranger
    Gnome Rogue
    Eladrin Rogue
    Human Warlock
    Human Rogue
    Goliath Avenger
    Genasi Sorceror
    Gnome Sorceror
    Drow Sorceror
    Drow Sorceror
    Goliath Barbarian
    Deva Warlock

DEFENDERS
    Human Paladin
    Half Elf Paladin
    Half-Orc Fighter
    Dragonborn Paladin

CONTROLLERS
    Githyanki Wizard
    Deva Invoker
    Human Wizard
    Half-Orc Druid
    Eladrin Wizard

simonwolf on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    well, I know there is fierce competition, but I decided to post a character anyway. here is my half-orc druid. will post character information and background sometime tomorrow, when I have time to type it up.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=118400

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Simon you appear to have missed my post here with a Goliath Barbarian and Human Wizard.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Last Son wrote: »
    Simon you appear to have missed my post here with a Goliath Barbarian and Human Wizard.

whooooooooops

EDIT: I actually missed the entire third page from my list. Oopsie.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You can discount my entry (the goliath paladin).

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    jimninja wrote: »
    You can discount my entry (the goliath paladin).

But killing shit is the best reason to be an adventurer!

Sigh. If you insist, he's discounted.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I put another character into my post on page 1, though, so it all balances out. :P

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I put another character into my post on page 1, though, so it all balances out. :P

Why

Why do you hate me when I show you nothing but love

simonwolf on
  • Options
    bladecruiserbladecruiser Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Needs more fighters!

Pado, Human Fighter
    Pado is usually soft-spoken, rarely offering his opinion unless asked for it directly. He stands firm in his beliefs, and never backs down once he makes a stand. He never talks about his past, and avoids conversations that he thinks might lead to questions concerning it. One of his quirks is that he believes strongly in chivalry.

He wears a long cloak that reaches to the ground, and is large enough to wrap around himself completely. It looks like it used to be white, but has been stained with blood and mud from fights and traveling. His hair is cut short and a dirty blonde color. He is clean shaven. His armor looks worn, but sturdy. His huge two handed sword is the best looking piece of gear on him, being kept in good repair at all times.

bladecruiser on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Okay, math time.

Cauldron: Diameter 4500 Ft.
    Radius 2250 Ft.
    Circumference 14,136.75 ft.

Travel time to circumnavigate the wall while walking: Speed 5 = 56.547 minutes, speed 6 = 47.1225 minutes, Speed 7 = 40.4 minutes

And now another question. Is there any farming around the base of the volcano?

Ain Soph on
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Zek'koth, Githyanki Swordmage

Background:
    Zek'koth grew up on a carrack traveling through the astral sea. He was trained to fight at an early age, and how to throw minor spells, as a gish. He quickly took the magical aspects of his training, though the martial ones were more of an afterthought in his mind. One evening, a few days after his eighteenth birthday, he was whistling a tune he had heard from one of the slaves captured in a recent raid. As he passed through the door to his sleeping quarters, he was violently jolted somewhere else. That somewhere happened to be Sigil, the city of doors. He had heard tales of this place, and it's enigmatic Lady of Pain, but the city was more wondrous than he had ever imagined. Glittering spires rose into the heavens, adjacent to slums and hovels housing all manner of creatures. He encountered demons, devils, beings of elemental fire and water, other wandering gith, dragons and even normal humanoids trying to get by in a harsh environment.

As he was wandering, he encountered a well-dressed man being accosted in an alley. The thugs were holding the man at knifepoint, but they were poorly equipped and seemed very loutish. Zek'koth realized that he would need money in this city, so he set himself upon the thugs, planning on robbing the man himself once the thugs were taken care of. Once he had dispatched them, the man was very appreciative towards his savior, not realizing Zek'koth's intention. He explained that he was a wealthy merchant who often travelled from one place in the city to another for business and was sick of having to deal with thugs, and asked Zek'koth if he would be a personal bodyguard to the merchant. Zek'koth was surprised. He would have never considered this were he still home, but agreed. Over the next few years, he hired himself out to one person or another, guarding them from the minor threats that they faced, sometimes double-crossing one client for the next. This was, until he picked up a dull, old copper coin and walked through an archway. Again, through the most unlikely of circumstances, he found himself whisked away to parts unknown. This time, it was the city of Cauldron.

He shrugged. There would be money to be had here, as well.

Appearance/Mannerisms:
    Has a tendency to go into conflicts full-bore. Vocal about his beliefs. Believes that while the gods are real, they're not that powerful or important. Vocal about self-determination. Willing to guard anyone, anywhere if the price is right.

Zek'koth is a tall githyanki with straight black hair pulled back into a ponytail. His face and body are tattooed with runes and sigils, and he bears many scars on his olive, spotted skin. Seemingly always in his hand is a silvery longsword with arcane patterns shifting along its blade, and an ornate hilt. Large silvery hoop earrings flank his narrow face, one which always seems to be smirking.

Note: Swordmages, I think, work better as secondary defenders (until paragon and later) so this guy has powers more in-line with this idea. I've had this character for a while, and can re-tool it if it needs to be a primary defender if need be.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Volcanic rock is damn fertile...should make for good farmlands closeby.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Okay, math time.

Cauldron: Diameter 4500 Ft.
    Radius 2250 Ft.
    Circumference 14,136.75 ft.

Travel time to circumnavigate the wall while walking: Speed 5 = 56.547 minutes, speed 6 = 47.1225 minutes, Speed 7 = 40.4 minutes

And now another question. Is there any farming around the base of the volcano?

Mostly to the Eastern side of the city - although there are smaller, less production-intensive farms to the northern and southern side (and jeez, they make you pay for it), the majority of the home harvest is grown on the East.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    XaiokXaiok Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Another entry for me, another Defender for the mix, a Warden this time.

Dravok Stonebeard
    Background
    Dravok's clan hailed originally from the mountain range, though on the much further North side of the range. While Dravok and some other members of the clan were bringing the wares of the community to Cauldron to trade, his ancestral home was overrun by an unknown force. The only evidence that remained from the attack were some goblin made arrows that were left, the attackers having retreated bringing with them their dead.

Dravok travelled with a Cleric of Chauntea, scouring the forests around their home of orcs and goblins, who they blamed for the death of their kin. Still angry at the goblin-kin, Dravok and his friend separated, both lost and confused they began their lives anew. Now a follower of Chauntea, Dravok has decided to begin his new, lonely life in Cauldron.
    Personality
    Holding a grudge like any other Dwarf, Dravok hates all goblins with a fiery passion. Dedicated to Chauntea, thanks to the influence of his old cleric friend, Dravok has a respect for farmers and 'regular' people. Incredibly loyal, Dravok is looking for new friends that would be able to show him a life of adventure that he used to love, and hopes that they would one day manage to get them to help him track down the specific people who murdered his clan.

Xaiok on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

A note, my Negative Nancy friend - I'm not really accepting any characters with monstrous race types, which eliminates the Bugbear. Just a plot/game related thing.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They're also one of the races that use Large weapons, something WotC has been dropping when writing up MM races for Dragon articles. I was just thinking the other day how a Bugbear, as a Rogue, can use large shurikens as one damage step higher (1d8).

It's one thing to be a monster, but when you're basically chucking longswords I can imagine that'd be extra unwelcome in the city. :P

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There's also the slight problem that he's an effing bugbear. In a populated city that was mostly built to keep people from being attacked by goblinoids.

Italics.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So we'll shave him, throw a big cloak over him, and tell him to use smaller weapons.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Don't start with me, punk.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So -- how're you going to choose between the 73 non-bugbear characters that have been submitted?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    So -- how're you going to choose between the 73 non-bugbear characters that have been submitted?

Handjob analysis I am presuming. :winky:

Ain Soph on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am going to go into cold forests of Japan, with every sheet printed out, and I am going to ingest a lot of peyote. When I finally crawl out of those freezing woods on Thursday evening, the only things that I will still be clutching in my frostbitten hands will be the five chosen characters.

EDIT: That, or handjobs.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My time to shine!

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    So we'll shave him, throw a big cloak over him, and tell him to use smaller weapons.

"You...could've told me Sasquatch was a dude...."

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

"You...could've told me Sasquatch was a dude...."

He gets Greatclub Focus as a race feature.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I am going to go into cold forests of Japan, with every sheet printed out, and I am going to ingest a lot of peyote. When I finally crawl out of those freezing woods on Thursday evening, the only things that I will still be clutching in my frostbitten hands will be the five chosen characters.

Hint: The great thing about Gnomes and Halflings is everything looks so much bigger in their hands.

:winky:

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Hint: The great thing about Gnomes and Halflings is everything looks so much bigger in their hands.

:winky:

I am going to have to read your character sheet very closely indeed.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "In my hands that's definitely a two-handed weapon!"

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    "In my hands that's definitely a two-handed weapon!"

Would you say it's Versatile, or leans more towards Brutal?

Edit: I say take the 5 people here that made penis jokes , you know that'll be awesome IC.

Alecthar on