Options

[D&D 4E] Shackled City (Table Talk Thread)

1192021222325»

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We had a goodbye party on Saturday night, which finished with a midnight-til-5am session of karaoke. My voice still hasn't recovered, I sound like Leonard Cohen if he'd smoked a lot more when he was younger.

As a side note, the Japanese do not know the following songs:
    - Land Down Under by Men At Work
    - Tainted Love by Soft Cell
    - Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
    - Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin

I was so disappointed in them.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Posting at some point today. Ended up in urgent care yesterday.

I thought Born to be Wild was known both far and wide?

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Over the back? That's no good. Hope you're feeling okay.

Also, little known fact: Men at Work have never performed an acceptable rendition of "Taiyō no Komachi Angel" so I guess the door swings both ways there Simon.
    You dirty cultural imperialist.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ending up in urgent care is about the best excuse for not posting in a D&D campaign I can think of.

I thought my horrible racism/dirty cultural imperialism was pretty evident by now, though I might not have linked you all to my academic article entitled 'The Japanese: Descended From Rats, or Some Other Rodent?'.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, Japan's culture is insular. Big surprise there.

And I thought they were a race of goblins?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Japanese culture is so insular it has transformed into a black hole.

Apparently my internet is getting shut off because of the approaching typhoon? I do not understand the people of Hong Kong, but I guess I will be going along with them for the moment.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Typhoon. Pshaw.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So Stygian, isn't the whole deal with Avengers that they get to re-roll to hit? I don't have my book with me, so I might be wrong. I thought that was their special niftyness, though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    His enmity target is Skulk 3 still, who has to die before he can enmity another one.

At this point it would have been rather hard to get over to the other side of the room.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What he said.

Muscle relaxers and pain pills by the way? Make Josh a sleepy boy.

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hmm. Fair enough. I suppose.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Back and if you want me to roll for Kellus now I would be happy to oblige.

Gnersh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    He's all yours.

We had some IC trouble over the last couple of days (that is to say that IC went down) so things haven't moved that much. It's back up now, though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Excellent. Can you tell me what encounter/daily powers he has used and how many action points he has left? If you can't remember I'll just read through the posts.

Gnersh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    He has used his Daily but not his Encounter -- and I don't know if he has any APs left. I'd think not, but I certainly haven't used any in this encounter.

Simon would know.

EDIT: Also, he still has control of the Zone created by his daily. It can be sustained with a minor and moved with a.. well, a move.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Kellus has no APs left, he has used his Daily, and he has used his Darkfire encounter power. The others should be fine and dandy to use, yes.

Sorry about the unexplained disappearance, guys! My internet in Hong Kong disappeared, and by the time it came back I was supposed to be at the airport already. A side note: Harvest Moon is so goddamn addictive.

Update to come after I grab some coffee from the vending machine.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I effin' love Harvest Moon games.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Harvest Moon games are awesome. But I don't like that they're making you fight monsters and stuff in the new ones.

Gnersh on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    What was that?

"Getting a coffee from the vending machine" turned into "run into your friends from America who are leaving in two days, so you stayed up until 6am hanging out with them and helping them pack instead of writing an update for your D&D game"?

You selfish bastard.
    Update is being written now, guys - sorry about being so lame.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'll tell you what's lame: that bolt-shooting skulk having a second weapon on him. :P

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    But Blublo disarmed Skulk 3, the one who was tried to give Quinn a tender hug - Skulk 2 is the one standing in the distance, shootin' Blublo like a pro. I assure you, Skulk 3 doesn't have another weapon beyond the rapier that got grabbed off of him.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ahh, I was under the impression all three of them were firing crossbows.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so we're waiting on two things - Alead has the option of movin' them lights, and Kellus has his turn up now. I am going to go drink some coffee and sit on my balcony and yell at the bats until they stop freaking out and hitting my window.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ah balls. I'll look at the lights. Momentito.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am going away for most of the day tomorrow, so feel free to NPC Quinn accordingly. I should be back sometime late in the evening.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I take it we're still waiting on Grimmy?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Shit guys, sorry. I'm away from home and I've been posting from my phone for a while (which makes things like IC and Mythweavers.... tricky). I won't, in fact, be home until Tuesday. If someone wants to proxy Alead for the next few days that'd be awesome.

Sorry again.
    Sorry.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Don't worry about it, I've been neglectful myself.

So everyone knows, I'm currently based out of a hostel in Kyoto for the next week. I'll be in hostels until the 16th of September, actually! So updates will only be coming within small periods.

Sorry. So sorry.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    There is a movie somewhere in there.

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I am cross-posting this across OOC threads:

tomorrow around noon I am getting on

MBTA%2520Logo.jpg

and going to

CapeCodAerial1.jpg

I will be back sometime in the evening on

sunday_030.gif

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg