Options

[D&D 4E] Shackled City (Table Talk Thread)

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ouch. So here's where we talk about bugbears and bugbear related phenomena?

Like their glistening teeth and their beady buggy bear eyes and their stupid faces?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    True science fact: bugbears can hear, smell, taste, see, and touch fear.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Fact: Remember that time when you were young, and all you wanted for your birthday was one special thing? It was the greatest thing available ever, and when your parents told you that the store had sold out, you cried and cried your sad eyes out?

Bugbears bought the last one.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Fact: Remember that time when you were young, and all you wanted for your birthday was one special thing? It was the greatest thing available ever, and when your parents told you that the store had sold out, you cried and cried your sad eyes out?

Bugbears bought the last one.

And then just threw it in the trash for no reason.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Eski-what?

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Eski-what?

Eh? Speak up!

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was going to go with "The Mighty Quinn", but it didn't get the reference across as well as "Quinn the Eskimo". Also, Quinn is anything but mighty.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was not aware of the existence of this, but now am after a quick trip to Google.

"The Mighty Quinn" sounds like a sarcastic title the "real" paladins would give to Quinn. :P

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hey, uh... did we ever -ask- these guys to surrender? Should we have done that?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it probably would have helped a little.

EDIT: By the way, I'm staying up a little later than normal to try and get you guys into the post-encounter phase, but if I suddenly disappear, it means I have collapsed.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Every mistake in the book.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kreel...Sleepy...

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yar. Someone smash this jerk so that Kreel and Simon can get some sleep.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fuckin' go out of turn this round, for all I care. It isn't like we have any enemies interacting with your initiative order.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Heh. Mike Danger's online. If he has to run before he posts, I'll do what I can to ice this guy.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well, Kreel is prone and looks asleep.

Stygian has another 6 hours or so of work ahead of him. I'll just be standing and second-winding on my turn so someone else feel free to try and restrain the Thug or not. Or, Simon can just sleep...

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I have class in six hours, I might as well keep pushing through.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'll send him an intimidation check on my turn. I guess I was thinking chiefly of taking them down for the priest's survival (and ours, after all our rolls turned up crap), but now's a good time to issue a surrender.

I did a quick look through the thread and only saw about twelve rolls between 11 and 17. That's more than a third of all outcomes and I'm pretty sure we've altogether rolled more than three dozen twenties. On the other hand, d8s are rolling maximum like nobodies business.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    oh jesus god can i just end this encounter please that intimidate check will end it

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I dunno, do the next two guys want to unleash some hellfire or would they hold off for the gnome to shout out?

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    End it.

EDIT: Or, you know, wait. I could just kill him, if Quinn doesn't mind.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm going to give it until 4am, so another half hour. If there's no objection by then, I'm ending the encounter and will move you guys onto the next phase of this thing.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I think we are good. Quinn would probably be pretty ticked if the last guy just outright got killed, but he wouldn't hold a grudge. Sorry for nonresponse, got asked to run something to another building at work.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I was totally wrong. It's Alecthar's turn, I think.

Durrr. Sorry.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm fine with capture. Kreel has manacles... For... No...Reason... Really...

*shifty eyes*

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I killed the last guy. If we need info, we've always got the fellow I knocked the hell out. Now comes my favorite part Shackled City: The Lootening.

Making this the Table Talk thread was undoubtedly a good idea. We've too many shenanigans in us to be confined to a single thread.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No need for them. Kellus just killed the last Thug.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I think Kellus has rage issues

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Writing up the encounter wrap-up and lead in now.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In the case of dangerous thugs who try to kill us, I made the call that two heads were not better than one. I crit that other one unconscious, you can manacle him all you like.

Success on our first encounter! It started off a bit rocky, but we made that shit work.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    We are men who get things done.

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Really, apart from Blublo getting knocked over at the beginning (and despite some truly atrocious rolls) things actually went pretty well.

Didn't they? Promotions all 'round!

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Okay, that's posted.

Now that we've run through an encounter, I'm going to give you guys a chance to re-shuffle your character sheets, if you want. Most of you probably won't, but on the off-chance, just post your changes here.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I, for one, think I need a new weapon. Suggestions from the more experienced folk? (Possibly not now, but for the future)

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sent you some suggested changes in a PM, my friend!

If I was going to suggest any weapon for you, it'd be the greatsword. You don't need an extra feat to use it, and it'll boost you up to a d10 on the offensive.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bah. Rolled a 2 on the Healing check. Stupid Invisible Castle.

Does anyone know how summoned creatures work? Do they last for a turn, or for the encounter? I'm not happy with my daily power (Purging Flame) as it's too... striker-y. I'm thinking of swapping it out.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    *nudge simonwolf*

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What are you doing in our thread, SAW

Get out of here!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    SAW776SAW776 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    What are you doing in our thread, SAW

Get out of here!

Psh! Maybe if you were in mine I wouldn't have to come looking for you! Yeah, that's right, I saw the lipstick on your collar, you son of a bitch! GIMME BACK MY KEY!

SAW776 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PSN: SAW776
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Bah. Rolled a 2 on the Healing check. Stupid Invisible Castle.

Does anyone know how summoned creatures work? Do they last for a turn, or for the encounter? I'm not happy with my daily power (Purging Flame) as it's too... striker-y. I'm thinking of swapping it out.

Till the end of the encounter. They have your same defences and half your HP as well I recall.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif