Options

[D&D 4E] Shackled City (Table Talk Thread)

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SAW776 wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    What are you doing in our thread, SAW

Get out of here!

Psh! Maybe if you were in mine I wouldn't have to come looking for you! Yeah, that's right, I saw the lipstick on your collar, you son of a bitch! GIMME BACK MY KEY!

Wait I have to do something in another thread now

It is 4:20am here in Japan, I do not know what is going on anymore

Eff it, I'm pulling an all-night. I've only got a couple of classes today.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's the spirit, Simon.

Incidentally, we're going to have to start counting critical failures as successes or something -- or else we aren't going to pose much of a problem to the Bugbear Daimyo.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Really, that should be right in the thread title: "SHACKLED CITY: 14 Ones, 0 Twenties, Too Many Bugbear Jokes"

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    "... Too Many Bugbear Jokes"

I am shocked. Shocked.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sorry. "SHACKLED CITY: 14 Ones, 0 Twenties, Not Enough Bugbear Jokes"

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Perfect.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Didn't Kellus get a 20?

I'm raining on the parade, I know.

EDIT: Elaborating on the status of the priest - he's said all he had to say, and now he's unconscious again. Nothing more to do with him except drag him back to the Pelor temple.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Stygian, in re: Kreel.

Unfortunately your class isn't one that takes advantage of the stats pumped by your racial choice. I do like the RP for it though. The Raven Queen tattoo thing is a nice touch. Anyway, my stat spread for you would probably look like:

8+2 - Strength
    11+2 - Constitution
    14 - Dexterity
    10 - Intelligence
    18 - Wisdom
    10 - Charisma

That way you've got 18 in your primary stat for attacking and damage. The first 2 Skills I'd take would be Perception and Heal. The last one is up in the air.

For Feats and Weapons: Goliath Great-Weapon Proficiency and a Greataxe. The Greatsword is good, but the Greataxe is a damage die bigger and has high crit, both of which I like. The proficiency is better for you at this point than focus for any weapon class.

As to Power choice, no clue.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks Alan/Alec

Simon, how do you want to handle the reshuffle? Just change everything and voila, magical new Kreel?

Of course, Simon's prolly so tired now he would allow the Master Blaster Feat

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    See, I was suggesting his stats be:
    13 STR
    14 CON
    14 DEX
    14 INT
    16 WIS
    8 CHA

EDIT: Magical New Kreel is fine with me.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd vote for 16 Dex & Wis myself, and the other 4 points in Str & Con. A Charisma score of 8 seems to fit his terse characterization. 18/14 for his main stats could work too, moreso if he weren't the object of most attacks so often.

With virtually all of our rolls being either over 17 or under 8 I don't think anyone will notice a change of +1 or +2. :P

EDIT: I have to ask, since we're discussing character optimizations, is there a background reason Quinn uses chainmail as opposed to scale or plate that I'm not aware of? I've got no issue either way, but +2AC seems like an odd class perk to do without.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm going to swap out my Daily power for the Angel Summoning one. More details when I have my book handy.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Can anyone chase our new friend, or should we just get the priest and our prisoner to the temple?

At least she didn't kill our prisoner. I call it a win.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm going to meta-game here and say that you guys should just let it go.

You'll meet again, some sunny day.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fair enough. Someone should probably search the corpses for lewt and cloos, eh?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You've been lewted and cloos have been dropped.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I say we leave him hanging by the manacles from the front of the tavern or something equally showy.

Then go get matching "Sister's of Mercy" tatts.

StygianSmileyFace on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I can hear the old bards singing it now!

Oh, the Sisters of Mercy,
    They are not departed or gone...

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    simonwolf wrote: »
    You've been lewted and cloos have been dropped.

Good stuff. I'm out for the evening, so take it as given that Alead's just helping Quinn with the Priest and being all watchful and quiet in the background.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    (two guys sitting in a tavern as a guy gets roughed up for information)
    "Who the fuck are those guys?"
    "They're the Sisters of Mercy."
    "But they don't even have a single..."
    "DUDE DO NOT ASK"

Mike Danger on
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In re: 18 Wisdom.

Mostly I wanted to pump his to hit as much as possible, given that I was forfeiting 2 to attack rolls by telling him to go with an axe and the Goliath greatweapon feat.

If you wanted to maximize your attack rolls, Stygian (which might be best) it would be better to stick with your current feat and go Greatsword.

A good middle ground might be grabbing Axe Expertise, then goliath greatweapon at level 2. You can always retrain them later if you decide you prefer heavy blades.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Gosh, Kellus is supposed to have rage issues? At least I didn't want to lynch the guy.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I decided that by "string him up", the group meant "keep him alive but publicly humiliate him". You still get the message across that anyone interfering with the group's invesitgations into the kidnappings are going to be met with pain.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fair enough.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That reminds me, guys - you don't need to roll any Diplomacy checks for this conversation with the Pelor representatives. They like you enough for saving Rufus, they're willing to offer you a task without any diplomacy.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Good to know saving a priest gets you brownie points in Cauldron.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hiya. Alead is proposing to use a Hand of Fate ritual (PHB II) to see whether the locks in the prophecy are indeed the physical locks at the orphanage. It'll give a simple thumbs up (yes) or thumbs down (no). Didn't want to just run off and do it without mentioning it first, though.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I feel like we should investigate the orphanage first. While we're there, we'll look at the locks, if we can't find anything relevant, we'll still have plenty of time to utilize a ritual and get ourselves going in the right direction.

I'd just rather not use the ritual and have the answer be "Yes," when we haven't even looked at the locks yet.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fair enough. I'll take the Ritual stuff out.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Edited out the Ritual stuff and in a reference to Ghelve's locks.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Whooooo.

Also, Grimmy, your other Insight check was a 25, man! You should have left it be!

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I didn't want to be a cheater.

Err... but I will be, if you tell me to.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Nah, there isn't actually anything to Insight.

Actually, I should ask that - do you guys prefer it when I tell you what would be a useless check to make in the OOC thread, or do you just want to discover it for yourself in the game thread?

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't mind finding it out for myself, but I'm easy. Telling us will at least stop me from spamming history/insight every time anything happens.

Not that I mind, but others might.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So, does anyone else want to find the people at invisible castle and explain that dice can sometimes return results over 5 and under 18?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Look, everyone knows that Invisible Castle has a hard day at work, and the last thing it needs when it comes to us is an accusation of being unable to roll between 5 and 18. It... it doesn't like having flaws pointed out.

W-what? No, this is, I, um... fell on my eye.

our love is like rain

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If a relationship is broken you need to get out. Who are you staying for? The dice? They'll be happy if you're happy.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    This is the best PbP group ever.

Maybe if I didn't always talk back to Invisible Castle and say hurtful things it wouldn't have to hurt me back.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So I think we've got a majority consensus to move on to the orphanage - however, it is around eleven o'clock at night, and I doubt the headmistress is going to be welcoming any questioning at this hour. The temple is happy to provide beds for you to take an extended rest, and continue your investigations in the morning.

Good enough?

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I vote extended rest.

And I actually meant string the guard up like Simon interpreted...

StygianSmileyFace on