As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did you know Hugh Jackman and Redeemer share the same birthday?

RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
edited May 2009 in Social Entropy++
natewolverine2.jpg

Oops, not that one

This one

hughjackmanpicture.jpg

Got a new movie coming out next month that sorta... came out this month. In a secret way. That you may already know about. Thoughts?

25jyxzr.jpg
Redeemer on
«13456741

Posts

  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Half expected a Wolverine and the X-Men OP

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    RobchamRobcham The Rabbit King of your pantsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm going to watch this

    Robcham on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I heard they're getting the FBI involved in tracking down the leak.

    Somebody's gonna get fucked.

    Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    urgh

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    I heard they're getting the FBI involved in tracking down the leak.

    Somebody's gonna get fucked.

    They'll be forced to watch the shitty ending?

    Hunter on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Deemer how did you find that Halloween photo of me?

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Redeemer track down Evander's Woverine pic. I'm sure he has it in his clipboard just waiting to be fired off.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    CRY FOR THE MOON

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't know how the Japanese could watch that show after those pimp openings. They're like the biggest cock teases.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Redeemer track down Evander's Woverine pic. I'm sure he has it in his clipboard just waiting to be fired off.

    I'm not sure I want to track it down

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOON


    EDIT: Oh, I see, I'm late.

    Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Redeemer track down Evander's Woverine pic. I'm sure he has it in his clipboard just waiting to be fired off.

    I'm not sure I want to track it down

    Don't deny its right to be displayed in the OP.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    they're the brood

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOON


    EDIT: Oh, I see, I'm late.

    Yeah.

    Me too :(

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOON


    EDIT: Oh, I see, I'm late.

    s'cool man, somebodies gotta cry for that moon

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Can I

    Can...

    Can I?


    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOON

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I still have Uncanny #155 hidden somewhere.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    Can I

    Can...

    Can I?


    CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOON

    SHOOOOOCK

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So we've decided not to see this movie, right?

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    They're the Brood and they predate the Tyranids by quite a bit. I also don't remember them ever showing up in the X-Men cartoon in any capacity so their inclusion in the intro is strange. If they did show up at any point it wasn't in any great capacity which means their inclusion in the intro is still silly, especially because they're apparently being summoned by Magneto or some shit.

    Cable's inclusion in the intro is weird for the same reason.

    It's a damn cool intro, though. I prefer the original, however, because it is just excellent on a great multitude of levels. It's fantastic in the way it introduces every major character and gives you basically all of the necessary info you need to follow the cartoon in a handful of fractions of a second per person. It's amazing.

    One might even say it's

    Marvelous

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    truth be told, i'd of watched an x-men anime

    the idea translates very well to the culture

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    So we've decided not to see this movie, right?

    Some of us have

    some of us ran the opposite way with that ball

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I like that Cable is just shooting his guns

    Just firing away

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    They're the Brood and they predate the Tyranids by quite a bit. I also don't remember them ever showing up in the X-Men cartoon in any capacity so their inclusion in the intro is strange. If they did show up at any point it wasn't in any great capacity which means their inclusion in the intro is still silly, especially because they're apparently being summoned by Magneto or some shit.

    Cable's inclusion in the intro is weird for the same reason.

    It's a damn cool intro, though. I prefer the original, however, because it is just excellent on a great multitude of levels. It's fantastic in the way it introduces every major character and gives you basically all of the necessary info you need to follow the cartoon in a handful of fractions of a second per person. It's amazing.

    One might even say it's

    Marvelous
    X-men also used the word "Cybertron" 20 years before transformers was around

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    truth be told, i'd of watched an x-men anime

    the idea translates very well to the culture

    Come on Anjin

    "have", not "of"

    you're breaking my heart here.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    truth be told, i'd of watched an x-men anime

    the idea translates very well to the culture
    Apparently they did.

    It was called s-CRY-ed.

    Aside from the hilariously done mindfuck ending, it was pretty bleh.





    Oh, and that Straight Cougar guy.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

    Why isn't this in Guitar Hero yet?

    And I hate the movies for giving Jubilee's role to Rogue.

    cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate the cartoon for giving Kitty's role to Jubilee.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    So we've decided not to see this movie, right?

    Some of us have

    some of us ran the opposite way with that ball
    Well I mean I didn't see Spider-Man 3 after I heard they'd ruined Venom

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    They're the Brood and they predate the Tyranids by quite a bit. I also don't remember them ever showing up in the X-Men cartoon in any capacity so their inclusion in the intro is strange. If they did show up at any point it wasn't in any great capacity which means their inclusion in the intro is still silly, especially because they're apparently being summoned by Magneto or some shit.

    Cable's inclusion in the intro is weird for the same reason.

    It's a damn cool intro, though. I prefer the original, however, because it is just excellent on a great multitude of levels. It's fantastic in the way it introduces every major character and gives you basically all of the necessary info you need to follow the cartoon in a handful of fractions of a second per person. It's amazing.

    One might even say it's

    Marvelous
    X-men also used the word "Cybertron" 20 years before transformers was around
    I have to say, both of those are pretty mindblowing.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I hate the cartoon for giving Kitty's role to Jubilee.

    The intro wouldn't have looked as good, though, so it is forgivable. Also, Jubilee's powers are more interesting, visually.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I hate the cartoon for giving Kitty's role to Jubilee.

    You should read Wolverine: First Class

    It pairs Wolvie and Kitty for some good old fashioned hijinks

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I hate the cartoon for giving Kitty's role to Jubilee.

    The intro wouldn't have looked as good, though, so it is forgivable. Also, Jubilee's powers were more interesting, visually.

    Was Claremont involved with the cartoon? My young self would've loved to have seen Kitty on that even harder.

    You old dogs know what I'm getting at.
    shoot me now before it spreads

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In fact everyone should read the X-Men First Class books

    Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

    They're the Brood and they predate the Tyranids by quite a bit. I also don't remember them ever showing up in the X-Men cartoon in any capacity so their inclusion in the intro is strange. If they did show up at any point it wasn't in any great capacity which means their inclusion in the intro is still silly, especially because they're apparently being summoned by Magneto or some shit.

    Cable's inclusion in the intro is weird for the same reason.

    It's a damn cool intro, though. I prefer the original, however, because it is just excellent on a great multitude of levels. It's fantastic in the way it introduces every major character and gives you basically all of the necessary info you need to follow the cartoon in a handful of fractions of a second per person. It's amazing.

    One might even say it's

    Marvelous
    X-men also used the word "Cybertron" 20 years before transformers was around
    I have to say, both of those are pretty mindblowing.

    The Brood were in 1 episode of X-Men.

    It was probably the worst episode in the entire series.

    Wolverine goes on a vacation or something, and the brood find him and rape him. Then he spends the rest of the episode trying multiple times to prevent the brood from sodomizing him again, but they do. Multiple times.

    It's sort of like that Aqua Teen episode with the dog and carl.

    Also, there's a side plot about Rogue hooking up with her first boyfriend, who is a pitchman for the Brood and ends up selling out the entire earth to them just so he can fuck Rogue without getting imploded by her powers.

    HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I hate the cartoon for giving Kitty's role to Jubilee.

    You should read Wolverine: First Class

    It pairs Wolvie and Kitty for some good old fashioned hijinks

    I have the first trade of that. I will pick more up down the road.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
Sign In or Register to comment.