Options

Did you know Hugh Jackman and Redeemer share the same birthday?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So we've decided not to see this movie, right?

Some of us have

some of us ran the opposite way with that ball
    Well I mean I didn't see Spider-Man 3 after I heard they'd ruined Venom

Well, you know

your prerogative and all that

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Deadpool shoryuken'd Kitty into the stratosphere, which says it wasn't meant to be.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Does it ever fucking explain why the x-men are fighting tyranids?

They're the Brood and they predate the Tyranids by quite a bit. I also don't remember them ever showing up in the X-Men cartoon in any capacity so their inclusion in the intro is strange. If they did show up at any point it wasn't in any great capacity which means their inclusion in the intro is still silly, especially because they're apparently being summoned by Magneto or some shit.

Cable's inclusion in the intro is weird for the same reason.

It's a damn cool intro, though. I prefer the original, however, because it is just excellent on a great multitude of levels. It's fantastic in the way it introduces every major character and gives you basically all of the necessary info you need to follow the cartoon in a handful of fractions of a second per person. It's amazing.

One might even say it's

Marvelous
    X-men also used the word "Cybertron" 20 years before transformers was around
    I have to say, both of those are pretty mindblowing.
    http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/computoxm.htm
    What's even more amazing is the Autobots are called Cybertrons in the Japanese fiction.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So we've decided not to see this movie, right?

Some of us have

some of us ran the opposite way with that ball
    Well I mean I didn't see Spider-Man 3 after I heard they'd ruined Venom

Well, you know

your prerogative and all that
    You've just stuck that song in my head.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Also, Cable was in the series more often than you'd remember.

And they never explain who he is. He's just generic gun-shooting guy from a future where Apocalypse rules.

And on another note, Studio Madhouse (Hulk vs Wolverine) got licenses from Marvel last year to do 26 episode TV series for X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and (I think?) Fantastic Four.

So, yeah, a real, full-fledged X-Men anime will be around next year.

Along with S2 of the already amazing Wolverine and the X-Men.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

And they never explain who he is. He's just generic gun-shooting guy from a future where Apocalypse rules.

And on another note, Studio Madhouse (Hulk vs Wolverine) got licenses from Marvel last year to do 26 episode TV series for X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and (I think?) Fantastic Four.

So is Spectacular Spider-Man still done? Otherwise that is fantastic news.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

It's looking like it. It's only been on in the US for 1 week so far, but there's no real way to know if it'll get renewed, and as you've probably seen in one of the other threads about it, it's been on rocky shores in terms of financing and whatnot. We really lucked out in getting Season 2, because it had already been contractually agreed to before KidsWB and CW4Kids each imploded.

Plus, they totally fucked up the DVD release. Just absolutely, so that can't save the show either. It's looking pretty bleak.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Is Hulk vs. Wolverine worth buying?

I'm told it has some delightful Deadpool in it.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well that is shitty. I guess I can look forward to some Spidey anime in the near future.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That's terrible to hear. I read a super in-depth interview with the show's exec producer about how he had all these great plans mapped out for future seasons, and how he wanted to create some direct-to-DVD stories that were darker in tone after the series had finished

I hope they at least get to do that

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Yes

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009

I hate Marvel's direct-to-video stuff with a burning passion. It's all super generic and sanitized.

Hulk vs Wolverine was a real side-step because Madhouse had so much say in it, and the producers wanted it to be really removed from previous stuff. Still, I though the script was kind of awful, and there were a lot of continuity errors in the animation.

Hulk vs Thor was done by their normal Lionsgate animation studio, so it was really underwhelming IMO. My friends all enjoyed it, but I've seen all the Marvel DTVs and it felt like just another really bland superhero story with poor animation to me.

Other people swear by it, though.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »
    That's terrible to hear. I read a super in-depth interview with the show's exec producer about how he had all these great plans mapped out for future seasons, and how he wanted to create some direct-to-DVD stories that were darker in tone after the series had finished

I hope they at least get to do that

Ohh man, if they can actually let him work unencumbered on some Marvel DTVs based on it, I'd be really happy.

It'd completely fix my problems with them up to this point.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I actually liked Cable in the cartoon, then I checked out the comics and was like what the fuck that is lame.

He was better leaving him a mystery.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Apocalypse was the best concept that Marvel completely and utterly ruined by completely separating him from anything non-mutant.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    uggggghhhh

I want this movie to GO AWAY

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    uggggghhhh

Gotta make room for Dragonball.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited April 2009

It's looking like it. It's only been on in the US for 1 week so far, but there's no real way to know if it'll get renewed, and as you've probably seen in one of the other threads about it, it's been on rocky shores in terms of financing and whatnot. We really lucked out in getting Season 2, because it had already been contractually agreed to before KidsWB and CW4Kids each imploded.

Plus, they totally fucked up the DVD release. Just absolutely, so that can't save the show either. It's looking pretty bleak.

disney xd has the show

disney has been making hella bank off the old spider-man/x-men shows

they're not gonna kill this one

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    uggggghhhh

Gotta make room for Dragonball.

shit yes

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    EN SABAH NUR

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    gruggrug Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    Can I

Can...

Can I?

CRY FOR THE MOOOOOOOON
    Can I play with madness.....

WHOOOAAA OOOHHHH SKULL FORRRREESSTTT

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    hi grug

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So uh, I just watched this.

No real spoilers within, but just making sure:
    I gotta say it wasn't as terrible as I was expecting, but at least X-Men 3 left me with a bad taste in my mouth. This one left nothing, and was on the whole very forgettable. It seems this movie's only reason for existing is to serve as a dumping ground for all the mutants which were ignored in the original trilogy, while the plot moves from cameo to cameo until it reaches the conclusion, with no one character really leaving any lasting impression. I'd be more angry over some of the directions they go with certain characters, but it was just to "meh" to really offend me.

At best you won't be bored with it, as the director makes sure there is something blowing up or someone getting stabbed every 10 minutes, but I can't really think of any valid reason for it to exist.

It was just a very unnecessary edition to the franchise is all I got to say.

Cristoval on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    THIEF!

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Hey shoe.

grug on
    HOOFBEATS

ROBIN FALLS

WHO KNEW
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Redeemer wrote: »

Yes

Hey Logan! I shot yooooouuuuu!

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited April 2009

disney xd has the show

disney has been making hella bank off the old spider-man/x-men shows

they're not gonna kill this one

It's still a total tossup. Disney has no real interest in direct-producing a show with a budget that's presumably much higher than anything else they do in-studio for a third-tier, digital-only channel. To come back, they're going to need to do well in all the major English-Speaking markets, and I'd wager the guess that they'll still have to cut the budget back some.

Disney makes bank off the old shows because they own them. They don't own this show.

At the same time, with Spider-Man 4 in early stages of pre-production, it may be wise to keep it around.

Hopefully we'll know by SDCC.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hear the video game for this is supposedly looking pretty good.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

Yes because the other fim-verse X-Men and Wolverine video games were all so amazingly good.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yes because the other fim-verse X-Men and Wolverine video games were all so amazingly good.

This one is being done by Raven software, the guys who made X-Men Legends 1 + 2, and Ultimate Alliance. Not to mention a bunch of old games with past iD engines.

Also, it was in development for a couple years as a general Wolverine game before Activision asked them to retune it specifically for the movie.

It's supposed to be really good. The movie's storyline is only like 30% of the game or something, and the rest is all classic comic stuff.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yes but you see the buzz about those games were not good.

The buzz about this game has been good.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone remember the non-movie Wolverine game where Mark Hamill did the voice for Wolverine?

That was a pretty good game.

You could hide around a corner, stab a guy in the foot, then end him.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So how bad is this movie anyway?

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I don't know how the final cut will differ from the work print, in terms of what they'll add and what they'll cut, but it wasn't very good

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Lots of handsome men if you're into that

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Honestly the film doesnt inspire much interest. I am a huge cg fx freak though, so I am curious to have a look at the work print so I can see where all the effects work goes in.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really can't wait for Ultimate Alliance 2 to come out. When UA came out I bought it for the Wii and had to play it on a small LCD TV in my basement.

When UA2 comes out I will be able to play it on the PS3 on my 46" HDTV in my living room, and all my friends will be able to see their characters without having to set 3' in front of the screen.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Honestly the film doesnt inspire much interest. I am a huge cg fx freak though, so I am curious to have a look at the work print so I can see where all the effects work goes in.

The entire last 15-20 minutes of the movie is special effects.

All of it.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif