Options

Did you know Hugh Jackman and Redeemer share the same birthday?

• Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, but in the long run if they keep putting these movies out people will stop seeing them, right? Right?

Fuck, who am I kidding, batman forever probably made enough money to justify it's existence, why wouldn't the next batch of shitty comic book movies?

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Weaver on
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So yeah those multiple endings might be true after all
    CSSHH!: I don't want to get too much into the issue of the piracy, but I understand that there are going to be different endings. Was that something that was always going to be part of the plan?
    Hood: One of the things that's always been a part of the Marvel Comics movie thing is they always have Easter eggs. They usually have something at the very end of the credits so that the people who hold onto their bladders for long enough, they get this little Easter egg that is something that might happen in the future or whatever. We wanted to be true to that, but the only thing we've done is... you might get a different Easter egg in different prints. There's another Easter egg where one is in one print and one is in another print.

CSSHH!: Will people have to travel across state to see all these things or is it not that deep?
    Hood: No, we hope to sort of mix it up within states. I don't think you'll need to get in your car and go to California, man, but there's little Easter eggs at the end. I don't want to overstate it, but there's just the fun of a couple different add-ons, but just buried in the credits somewhere.

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    CSSHH!: I don't want to get too much into the issue of the piracy, but I understand that there are going to be different endings. Was that something that was always going to be part of the plan?
    Hood: One of the things that's always been a part of the Marvel Comics movie thing is they always have Easter eggs. They usually have something at the very end of the credits so that the people who hold onto their bladders for long enough, they get this little Easter egg that is something that might happen in the future or whatever. We wanted to be true to that, but the only thing we've done is... you might get a different Easter egg in different prints. There's another Easter egg where one is in one print and one is in another print.

CSSHH!: Will people have to travel across state to see all these things or is it not that deep?
    Hood: No, we hope to sort of mix it up within states. I don't think you'll need to get in your car and go to California, man, but there's little Easter eggs at the end. I don't want to overstate it, but there's just the fun of a couple different add-ons, but just buried in the credits somewhere.

Were getting 3 different prints. and just got an email saying each one has a different secret ending.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Weaver on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »

Were getting 3 different prints. and just got an email saying each one has a different secret ending.
    this is so fucking stupid

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That doesn't look terrible, for the target audience

edit: I mean the Next Avengers thing

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so does this movie suck or what

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Weaver wrote: »

Oh shit yeah

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey guys welcome to September 2008 re: Next Avengers

By the way it was bad

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Oh

I completely missed hearing anything about it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »

Oh shit yeah

Really I'm getting a "Chronicles of Logan: Assault on Weapon X" vibe and that's fine with me.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    That part on the bridge, where he launches himself into a guy and then uses him as a shield/battering ram was pretty awesome.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    okay the Wolverine game looks awesome has anyone reviewed it yet

also, seriously guys is this a shitty movie or not, I'd trust you dudes over movie reviewers for stuff like this

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Some of the action is pretty damn good, but it's pretty much the same quality as X3.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i can deal with good eye poppin' action if the story isn't retarded. Is the story retarded?

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd see this even if it was a musical. Hell, that might even be better come to think of it. Elton John is producing Pride and Predator, so I'm sure someone would do it.

It does look pretty awesome though. Wolverine's my favorite Marvel mutant next to Apocalypse.

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The ending is pretty fucking atrocious, as is the last fight scene and most of the supporting characters. I'm looking at you Deadpool

But Jackman and Schreiber are pretty good. So I guess if you don't care about anything but SNIKT GRAAAAARH then you'd probably like it.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man the guy playing Wade did a pretty good job I thought. He's portraying Deadpool pre-cancer/healing factor/mind rape, of course he's only mildly crazy.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    No, Ryan Reynolds was fine.

I'm talking about the whole multimutant sword arms horseshit.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That being the case, they should have just gone the other way with it and make it B-movie bad ala the Witchalok strip from PA a few months back... At least then it would be terrible and entertaining, like Crank!

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The movie was fine, I was expecting something terrible. What I got was quite pleasant and enjoyable.

The opening credits were awesome.

Hardly the action movie of the year but defiantly not the worst thing out and worth the price of admission.

The game I am kinda hopeful about. It doesn't look like the best game ever, but the combat looks fun.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Lots better than X3, and all of the characters were good except for John Wraith and Mutant Zero. I was surprised how much I liked Dominic Monaghan's character.

Also all of my friends who aren't comic book readers liked it more than I did

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't have HIGH hopes for this movie, but I do expect guys I find hot running around while shit is exploding

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    There is a disappointing lack of Ryan Reynolds.

Though a hilarious scene of Hugh Jackman running around naked.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I also love how the film makes fun of Gambit

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Probably seein' dis tomorrow night

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    The movie was fine, I was expecting something terrible. What I got was quite pleasant and enjoyable.

The opening credits were awesome.

Hardly the action movie of the year but defiantly not the worst thing out and worth the price of admission.

The game I am kinda hopeful about. It doesn't look like the best game ever, but the combat looks fun.

dude I hated the opening credits

the idea was great, but my god it was poorly exectued.

the whole freeze frame, zoom, rotate thing which looks totally phoned in

#pipe on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I didn't like the freeze-framing

but I did like the exposition that took place through the credits, I thought it was pretty well done

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    How did you guys see this already

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fiz wrote: »
    I don't have HIGH hopes for this movie, but I do expect guys I find hot running around while shit is exploding

yeah well if you like Hugh Jackman you've got him running around naked for a good ten minutes of the movie

enjoy

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Australia redeems its deadly wildlife by letting people see movies earlier than most other places

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I didn't like the freeze-framing

but I did like the exposition that took place through the credits, I thought it was pretty well done

yeah sure, the exposition was good

but that freeze framing thing was the design of the credits and it was hideous.

Like watchmen's opening had tons of exposition, but the slow motion and typography were gorgeous

Wolverine is like it's trying to be snatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xNqj7S54E

only gritty and violent and hurgh

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Snatch's opening credits are some of my favourite ever

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    that's cause they're excellent and you have good taste

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Man I wasn't reading everyone's name, if I want to find out who is in the movie I will go to IMDB, I just liked the opening sequence with all the army bits.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I don't think there is any possible way I could dislike the film Snatch more.

It is a pretty good opening though.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Australia redeems its deadly wildlife by letting people see movies earlier than most other places

except for Coraline, apparently

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    duders i just played through the wolverine demo (it's up on XBL) and HOLY SHIT

it is everything a wolverine game should be. Incredibly gruesome attacks, you get bullets shot through you (you can see bits of his skeleton) and you will regenerate, i got one guy stuck on my claws and used him as a battering ram. I just clean sliced a guys arm off when he took a swing at me. I decapitated way too many people. I love this game.

also slow motion attacks where you do things like tilt a guys head up, slam your claws into his neck, then tear down with your claws through his entire body until he is just a mess of regrets on the floor.

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    duders i just played through the wolverine demo (it's up on XBL) and HOLY SHIT

it is everything a wolverine game should be. Incredibly gruesome attacks, you get bullets shot through you (you can see bits of his skeleton) and you will regenerate, i got one guy stuck on my claws and used him as a battering ram. I just clean sliced a guys arm off when he took a swing at me. I decapitated way too many people. I love this game.

also slow motion attacks where you do things like tilt a guys head up, slam your claws into his neck, then tear down with your claws through his entire body until he is just a mess of regrets on the floor.

Is it possible to die at all?

Grey Ghost on