Options

Did you know Hugh Jackman and Redeemer share the same birthday?

145791041

Posts

  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I didn't like the freeze-framing

    but I did like the exposition that took place through the credits, I thought it was pretty well done

    yeah sure, the exposition was good

    but that freeze framing thing was the design of the credits and it was hideous.

    Like watchmen's opening had tons of exposition, but the slow motion and typography were gorgeous

    Wolverine is like it's trying to be snatch

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-xNqj7S54E

    only gritty and violent and hurgh

    that was weird. The gogol bordello song I was playing lined up with the video way too well.

    Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    duders i just played through the wolverine demo (it's up on XBL) and HOLY SHIT

    it is everything a wolverine game should be. Incredibly gruesome attacks, you get bullets shot through you (you can see bits of his skeleton) and you will regenerate, i got one guy stuck on my claws and used him as a battering ram. I just clean sliced a guys arm off when he took a swing at me. I decapitated way too many people. I love this game.

    also slow motion attacks where you do things like tilt a guys head up, slam your claws into his neck, then tear down with your claws through his entire body until he is just a mess of regrets on the floor.

    Is it possible to die at all?

    yes, I came very close a couple times. It looks so cool too because chunks of your body will be gone, depending on where you get hit, and how badly (obviously the skeleton is still intact)

    Tasteticle on

    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    I don't think there is any possible way I could dislike the film Snatch more.

    It is a pretty good opening though.

    the fuck is wrong with you

    #pipe on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Snatch is a guy ritchie movie that meanders and mumbles it's way through the plot.

    Guy Ritchie movies are flash only and not much else.

    I mean I liked it the first time well enough, but it's not a great movie.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The flashiness and silly unnecessary camera angles and ridiculous shots are precisely why I don't like his films.

    Snatch's plot is not exactly the most interesting thing so that movie basically has nothing for me.

    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Cloudman wrote: »
    I don't think there is any possible way I could dislike the film Snatch more.

    It is a pretty good opening though.

    the fuck is wrong with you

    seriously, way to suck at liking things, cloudman

    Brolo on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Snatch is the only Guy Richie movie I've really liked. I get his style but I've never been a fan of mob/crime movies and the ridiculous plot lines get old.

    Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Guy Ritchie movies usually have a few good quotes in them don't get me wrong and I don't regret watching them, but there needs to be far more substance to them to go along with all of the style.

    It seemed to me it was a movie he made to try and impress all of his friends and someone thought it was an actual movie.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I love Snatch and Lock Stock because they have excellent characters, unexpected flows and a great sense of immersion.

    Also the music kicks fucking ass

    Rock n Rolla was a big disappointment though

    #pipe on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    It's been proven by now that Matthew Vaughn had all the talent in the Ritchie/Vaughn team

    Also this movie looks and sounds horrible

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie one.

    Someone take a lot of drugs and fucks things up.

    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie two.

    Unassuming guy from the movie randomly beats the crap out of someone for shits and giggles.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Layer Cake is so much better than either Lock Stock or Snatch

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie one.

    Someone take a lot of drugs and fucks things up.

    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie two.

    Unassuming guy from the movie randomly beats the crap out of someone for shits and giggles.

    are you one of those guys who says Lord of the Rings is just dudes walking for 8 hours?

    #pipe on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie one.

    Someone take a lot of drugs and fucks things up.

    Unexpected flow from guy Ritchie two.

    Unassuming guy from the movie randomly beats the crap out of someone for shits and giggles.

    are you one of those guys who says Lord of the Rings is just dudes walking for 8 hours?

    Man I didn't even watch the last one.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Layer Cake is so much better than either Lock Stock or Snatch

    This.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    god dammit man

    the wedding is OFF

    #pipe on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Friction is what keeps any relationship interesting.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Layer Cake is so much better than either Lock Stock or Snatch

    This.

    Not really. Snatch is the best.

    Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ok so I just got back from seeing dis

    It was...

    It was something

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So did I!

    it was decent, Gambit was tolerable and the Wade stuff in the beginning was pretty fun.

    But uhhh
    some of the cg was just bad, like Logan cutting down the ladder. And him walking in slow-mo away from an explosion was the silliest thing

    Stationary on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll drink to that Stationary

    Some of the CG was so bad that... Oh man I just couldn't believe how they got away with it.

    But yeah...stay after the credits.

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    people actually boo'd the second after credit scene in my theater.

    Stationary on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Vertetas was credits did you get?

    Apparently I got the boring extra credits bit.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I dunno how long after you stayed but I got both
    Stryker walking and Logan in Japan

    Stationary on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I don't know why nobody likes slo-mo walking away from explosions any more

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Stationary wrote: »
    I dunno how long after you stayed but I got both
    Stryker walking and Logan in Japan

    THE FUCK?

    I only got the first one and I stayed right til the end.

    That's fucking balls.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Please describe the second one in more details pls stationary.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Rolo wrote: »

    This isn't Lou Ferrigno as Hercules fighting National Geographic stock footage of a bear and the ursine offender being tossed into space.

    Best fight scene my ass

    The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Layer Cake is so much better than either Lock Stock or Snatch
    shit yes

    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    Stationary wrote: »
    I dunno how long after you stayed but I got both
    Stryker walking and Logan in Japan

    THE FUCK?

    I only got the first one and I stayed right til the end.

    That's fucking balls.

    people were boo'ing the second one, I was pretty surprised a bunch of dudes would go to see a wolverine movie at midnight and then be disappointed with the extra scene.

    Also GreyGhost you title/location is rockin

    EDIT: whoops didnt see your second post
    it sort of fades into a bar and Logan takes a shot, he asks for another in Japanese and the bartender asks were hes from. He says he thinks Canada and she asks if hes drinking to forget, he responds "No im drinking to remember"

    Stationary on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    As much as I appreciate that Stationary you might want to spoiler it.

    Blake T on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I got stryker walking and the deadpool ending

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    yeah uhh I hit quote on accident

    Stationary on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    I got stryker walking and the deadpool ending

    What exactly does the 2nd one consist of, because there have been conflicting rumors

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Stationary wrote: »
    people were boo'ing the second one, I was pretty surprised a bunch of dudes would go to see a wolverine movie at midnight and then be disappointed with the extra scene.

    Also GreyGhost you title/location is rockin

    EDIT: whoops didnt see your second post
    it sort of fades into a bar and Logan takes a shot, he asks for another in Japanese and the bartender asks were hes from. He says he thinks Canada and she asks if hes drinking to forget, he responds "No im drinking to remember"

    Thank you!

    Anyway, why the hell would they boo this?

    it doesn't sound boo-worthy at all

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Dunno I was pretty happy with it.

    Stationary on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    I got stryker walking and the deadpool ending

    What exactly does the 2nd one consist of, because there have been conflicting rumors

    Well basically
    In the movie deadpool gets his shit wrecked. Head cut off and all. Then in the ending credit thing it shows his arm as his sword retracts into it. The arm the starts crawling over to his head and then his eyes open. His mouth is also now free to open and close and Deadpool just makes an explosion sound.

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Veretas wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Veretas wrote: »
    I got stryker walking and the deadpool ending

    What exactly does the 2nd one consist of, because there have been conflicting rumors

    Well basically
    In the movie deadpool gets his shit wrecked. Head cut off and all. Then in the ending credit thing it shows his arm as his sword retracts into it. The arm the starts crawling over to his head and then his eyes open. His mouth is also now free to open and close and Deadpool just makes an explosion sound.

    Hahaha what
    Like, the sound you make after a long whistle when you're mimicking a bomb falling? That kind of explosion sound?

    Hahahaha
    Buying my ticket now

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah pretty much

    Also the Deadpool they show at the end of the film is nothing like the deadpool we know and love.

    Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
Sign In or Register to comment.