Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
[Mini-Phalla] The Plains of Phallamyre: GAME OVER: Wash Away Grief
For years the countless nomad tribes of the race of man wandered the world. Their lives brutish, savage, and short. Prophets of the All-Father Arum vied for the ear of the cheiftens from the order of druids, and spies crept across the grounds at night in soft leathers to report the doings of their neighbor tribes. Ritual and mysticism ruled the day for indeed this was an age of great and terrible powers.
At last came man to Phallamyre, a mist shrouded plains surrounded on all sides by a vast mountain range. This great valley captured the mists of the mountains and with it lush vegetation grew. The plains abounded with good hunting and berries to forage. It was here that the great council convened. The word was spread throughout the land, the ways of nomads were at an end, the time had come to settle these lands, but who was fit to rule them?
Welcome to the Plains of Phallamyre. The call has gone out throughout the lands for the leader of each tribe to convene here at a great council of elders. Step forward stranger, from what Tribe do you hail?
This Phalla may be atypical in a number of ways that will be revealed through the course of play. It contains no conversion mechanics but things may not be as they seem. The day will close at 7 PM (-8 GMT: PDT) each night. For reasons that will become apparent activity around vote close will be rather important. Additionally, this Phalla will require cooperation to achieve victory, keep this in mind before signing up.
Standard phalla rules regarding anonymous contact and screenshots of PMs are in effect.
Remember to send me a link to any proboards!
1. [strike]Tommy Two of The Tribe of Hands[/strike]
2. [strike]Obbi of the Blue Barracudas[/strike]
3. [strike]Element Brian of Purple Parrots[/strike]
4. [strike]Dac Vin of the Candy Thieves[/strike]
5. [strike]Fiaryn of THE BLOODFURY TRIBE[/strike]
6. [strike]Jackisreal of the Real[/strike]
7. [strike]The_reflection of the Green Monkeys[/strike]
8. Simonwolf of Sawdust and Diamonds
9. [strike]Exarch of the Daktaklakpak Meat Based Contingent[/strike]
10. Lightrider of the Dudes with Sticks
11. [strike]Eipnoom of the Tribe of Lunar Pastries[/strike]
12. [strike]Mr. Defecation of the Dreamers of the Shadowdark[/strike]
13. [strike]Kay of the Fenians[/strike]
14. JamesKeenan of the Tribe of the Wandering Mind.
15. WildPanthA05 of the Orange Iguanas
16. [strike]Spectralspork of the The Sons of The Spork[/strike]
17. [strike]crimsoncoyote of Acquisitions, Incorporated[/strike]
18. Fatal3RR0R of the Psycho Penguin Tribe
19. [strike]GrimmyTOA of Quest[/strike]
20. [strike]Ohtsam of the Unquestionables[/strike]
21. [strike]Zenpotato of the Bootyhounds[/strike]
22. [strike]Daius of the Nobel Brethren of the Thorn[/strike]
23. [strike]Maximus of the TTR Haters[/strike]
24. [strike]Romantic Undead of the Tribe of Lovesick Corpses[/strike]
25. [strike]jdarksun of the Colors of Suffering[/strike] [strike]26. enlightenedbum of Cheiftain the Klackon Tribe[/strike]
27. Kime of the Tribe of Sugary Goodness
28. [strike]Azoth of the Tribe of the Panty Snatchers[/strike]
29. Keika of the Red Jaguars
30. [strike]Sticks of the Silver Snakes[/strike]
Once you have 3 forming members and have declared it in the thread, all of you should send me a PM with your founders names and Majority will rule.
Once those founders have been determined, 2 out of 3 of them can add new members.
Assisting is always a defensive action.
Defending is the default state, it means you keep your army at home, people who fail to submit a vote will be assumed to be defending.
Defending is better than attacking your attacker because it blocks any attacker, not just the one you specifically noticed and reacted to. If you attack your attacker then he's essentially commited to staying with you as his target. If you simply defend yourself he may switch targets later as it costs him nothing to do so.
Should you attack he who attacks you there be an impass and neither side be victor.
This point is simply to indicate that if opposing sides are of equal strength then it's a draw, right? Because as is it sounds like if I attack someone who attacks me, then we are at a draw no matter what. But it seems like that would be an easy way to void an attack even if the person attacking you has 15 people supporting or whatever.
Imagine all armies marching to meet eachother in battle.
A and C march twords B, on the way to B, B's army intercepts A's army and they fight, they're equally matched so both sides retreat. C's army continues on to B's village where they encounter D who is assisting them, D and C are equally matched and so both retreat.
The rule is simply in place to prevent half the population dying on night 1. Though in the following scenerio it is still possible.
A attacks B
B Attacks C
C attacks D
D attacks A
In this scenerio all 4 are killed.
The values are calculated by adding the totals on both sides. If A attacks B, and B defends, it's a push. If A attacks B and B attacks A, it's a push. There has to be a greater value on one side of the equation.