As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Who knows how to fix an xbox?

ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Not me. I was loading some music onto my original xbox hard drive and left it on when I went to class. I came back 1 hour and 30 minutes later to find my roomate happily playing my playstation I asked him to fucking move because I wanted to finish putting a cd on the hard drive when he informed me that he had turned the xbox off. put in hitman and then got the xbox service required message. Does anybody have any idea what the fuck he did and how I can fix it? If not, what kind of weapon should I use to end his life?

Thaox on

• GlaealGlaeal Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Thaox wrote:
    Not me. I was loading some music onto my original xbox hard drive and left it on when I went to class. I came back 1 hour and 30 minutes later to find my roomate happily playing my playstation I asked him to fucking move because I wanted to finish putting a cd on the hard drive when he informed me that he had turned the xbox off. put in hitman and then got the xbox service required message. Does anybody have any idea what the fuck he did and how I can fix it? If not, what kind of weapon should I use to end his life?

Beat him to death with the Xbox.

Glaeal on
  • ThaoxThaox Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I would believe that it's a problem with the hard drive seeing as how I was loading music when he turned it off. Can you format an Xbox hard drive?

Thaox on
  • RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    First, find out what error code you are getting:
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php

Second, call the x-box customer support number 1-800-4my-xbox I think it was and tell them the error code and listen to what they suggest you do. If you can RMA it at minimal cost, then do it. If not.....modding time!

The x-box hd is just a normal ide hard drive. You can buy a new one and load some of the modding softwares that can be found online or even linux. Hope this helps.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • JarmoJarmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hitman (blood money was it?) fucks up the xbox... there was a guy with that problem, I think. Did you have the "three red lights" on your xbox now?

Jarmo on