For info on the Beatles Rock Band game and videos, scroll down to the Other Rock Band Games section
This Week's DLC
- "Shimmer & Shine" by Ben Harper and Relentless7
- "A Favor House Atlantic" by Coheed and Cambria
- "The Running Free" by Coheed and Cambria
- "Wilson (live)" by Phish
- "Steady at the Wheel" by Shooter Jennings
- "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
(Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, June 4, 2009
** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change **
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for â€œBonnaroo Packâ€
Locations: Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360
Next Week's DLC
Iron Maiden 12-pack
- Aces High
- 2 Minutes to Midnight
- The Trooper
- Wasted Years
- The Number of the Beast
- Run to the Hills
- Can I Play with Madness
- The Clarivoyant
- Aces High (Live)
- Fear of the Dark (Live)
- Hallowed Be Thy Name (Live)
- Iron Maiden (Live)
Note: The live tracks are from their concert documentary Flight 666
Official pricing to be announced.
Various tracks that appear in RB: Unplugged (scroll down the OP to see the track list) but aren't available for the consoles have been confirmed to appear as DLC.
Possible 3-pack from Anvil in the future. Confirmed by the band.
Confirmed 3-pack from Pearl Jam, three bonus tracks (free if you bought the re-mastered Ten
album) of "Brother", "Alive (Live)" and "State of Love & Trust (Live)". Also, a possible Live pack some time next year.
Snoop Dogg confirmed to feature in Rock Band in the future. Confirmed by MTV Music.
Cracked RB:Unplugged data files show the entire American Idiot
album along with various Green Day tracks. Yet to be confirmed by Harmonix.
ROCK BAND RELEASE DATES
Rock Band 1
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now in most
countries for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii depending on the store/location
Rock Band 2
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Europe: Available now for the Xbox 360. March 27, 2009 for PS2 and PS3. April 24th for the Wii.
Australia: No info yet
North America: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
United Kingdom: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Australia: Available now for PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii
Rock Band Unplugged
North America: Available for the PSP on June 9th, 2009. Date on the bundle deal with a 4gb stick and free download of School of Rock
Europe: Available for the PSP on June 9th, 2009
The Beatles: Rock Band
International: Available for PS3, Xbox 360, and the Wii on September 9th, 2009, both standalone software and bundle. Individual instruments have not been dated.
The Big Fat DLC List
Rather than list all the DLC, here is the WikiPedia page that lists all the downloadable tracks available for Rock Band.
These are the albums that have been put up for download so far:
Screaming for Vengeance
by Judas Priest
by the Cars
by the Pixies
Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Blood Sugar Sex Magick
by the Red Hot Chili Peppers
by MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e
The Colour and the Shape
by the Foo Fighters
The Singles 1992-2003
by No Doubt
by Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
by Pearl Jam
by Guns 'n Roses
by Jane's Addiction
543 Downloadable songs by June 2nd, 2009.
55 of 58 Rock Band 1 tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
84 Rock Band 2 on-disc tracks
18 AC/DC Live tracks exportable to Rock Band 2 (360/PS3)
700 Total tracks available for Rock Band 2
There are currently four tracks that are absolutely free to download for the 360, PS3 and the Wii. You should be able to find them and download them from the Music Store for $0. These tracks are:
- "Still Alive" by GLAdOS
- "Promised Land" by Vesuvius
- "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)" by Stephen and the Colberts
- "Headphones On" by Miranda Cosgrove
Along with those songs are the free 20 tracks people can download for buying Rock Band 2. These will be available exclusively to people who own Rock Band 2 on the Xbox 360, PS3 and the Wii. Please remember to register your code (found on the back of the instruction manual) on http://register.rockband.com/
to be able to download these songs. All these songs are masters.
EXPORTING IS ALMOST FREE
- "Sons and Daughters" by The 88
- "No Regrets" by Authority Zero
- "Prequel To The Sequel" by Between the Buried and Me
- "Bounce" by The Cab
- "Get It On" by The Chevelles
- "Give It To Me" by The Cocktail Slippers
- "Database Corrupted" by Dealership
- "I Wanna Be Your Man" by Endeverafter
- "Ashes To Fire" by The Ghost Hounds
- "Young" by Hollywood Undead
- "The Feeling" by Kutless
- "If I Ain't Got You" by The Len Price 3
- "I'm Gone, I'm Going" by Lesley Roy
- "Burn You Down" by Opiate for the Masses
- "Magnetic Baby" by Semi-Precious Weapons
- "Like a Fool" by Shaimus
- "Crazy Tuesday" by Thenewno2
- "The Time Is Wrong" by Tickle Me Pink
- "Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" by Underoath
- "I.V." by X Japan
To export songs from Rock Band 1 for use in Rock Band 2, you will require either a PS3 or an Xbox 360. Start up Rock Band 1, make sure you're connected to the PSN or LIVE so it can get the update. After it updates, go into Options and there should be an Export Songs option. Pay the $4 or so to get 55 Rock Band 1 songs ripped to your hard drive. The three songs that won't make the jump are:
- "Enter Sandman" by Metallica
- "Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath
- "Run to the Hills" as made famous by Iron Maiden
The PS2 versions of Rock Band do not allow for DLC. However, HMX was kind enough to put out track packs. There are currently two volumes out. To see what songs are on those track packs, go here
or scroll down a bit more.
ROCKIN' WITH YOUR WII
With Rock Band 2, you will have a mostly fully featured game with the only limitation being customized band logos and a few other things. Online stuff, World Tour, BOTB, everything important is there in Rock Band 2. Unlike Rock Band
, the Wii version of Rock Band 2
supports downloadable content, and all existing downloadable content will be made available to Wii users over time. While songs can be stored to both the Wii's internal memory and to an SD card, only those songs in internal memory can be played.
PLASTIC INSTRUMENTS ALL UP INS
Don't know if your gear is compatible? Then have a look at this glorious spreadsheet right here
BROWSE BEFORE YOU BUY
Pretty much any on-disc song can be found on YouTube. If you want to see notecharts for DLC or simply want to hear the music, check out the Rock Band DLC Song Database
page. They're usually pretty quick in getting videos up the day the dlc drops.
HOW DO I UNLOCK ALL THE SONGS?
- Unlock All Songs: R Y B R R B B R Y B "Unlock every song in the game!" [Disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
- New Venues Only: R R R R Y Y Y Y "Only Show Rock Band 2 venues!" [Only let's you play in the new venues]
- Stage Mode: B Y R B Y R B Y R "Apply tweaks that are useful for live, public Rock Band 2 performances!" [Enables No Fail, disables saving, acheivements and LIVE multiplayer]
- Awesomeness Detection: Y B O Y B O Y B O "Let Harmonix know that you are really awesome!" [???]
Soiler below contains the fastest way to unlock all the songs.
The fastest progression to unlock the songs in challenge is something like:
1. Play the first challenge for whatever instrument you choose in the first tier (Local Upstart - <instrument> Warmup - 3 songs), this will unlock a challenge for the same instrument in tier2. For Bass, you have to pick the Fender Warmup as your first challenge, afterward you'll be able to access the Bass specific challenge.
2. Play the same instrument challenge in the tier2 (Underground Favorite - <instrument> Apprentice 4 songs). That will unlock the 90' hits Challenge.
3. Play the 90's hits challenge (Opening Act - '90s Hits - 4 songs), that will unlock the Infinite 90's challenge (thus unlocking all the 90's songs in quickplay) and the 60's hits challenge.
4. Play the 60's hits challenge (Chart Topper - '60s Hits - 2 songs), which unlock the 60's infinite challenge (thus unlocking all the 60's songs in quickplay) and the 00's hits challenge.
5. Play the 00's hits challenge (Headliner - '00s Hits - 4 songs), which unlock the 00's infinite challenge (thus unlocking all the 00's songs in quickplay) and the 70's hits challenge.
6.Play the 70's hits challenge (Legendary Act - '70s Hits - 4 songs), which unlock the 70's infinite challenge (thus unlocking all the 70's songs in quickplay) and the 80's hits challenge.
7. Play the 80's hits challenge (The Impossible Challenges - '80s Hits - 4 songs), which unlock the 80's infinite challenge (thus unlocking all the 80's songs in quickplay).
Doing this will unlock every songs in the game, and all you had to play is 25 songs.
That's it, you don't have to play any of the infinite challenge.
Harmonix/EA/MTV have been nice so far and allowed people to RMA their broken equipment via EA's Support Site
. After that, you need your reciept to send stuff in. Their live support line is at 1(650)628-1001, 6am to 8pm PST and automated 24hrs a day. Be prepared to submit your receipt to verify purchase. EA is currently only honoring a 60 day warranty for Rock Band 2 gear. YOUR RMA EXPERIENCE MAY VARY.
PLAYING WITH PA FOLKS
If you're on Xbox LIVE, go ahead and add Rock Band PA
as a friend. Then look at that gamertag's friends list and send out messages to people to coordinate a band or you can post in this thread. If you want to find people with DLC, it helps to know what you have and you can go to DLC Quickplay
and make your own list (and tag it in your sig like some people). It is generally accepted to play in your difficulty range (i.e. not constantly failing out) and it's cool if you have a headset to be able to talk to people.
IF YOU WANT YOUR HANDLE HERE, PM ME
Forum Handle / PSN Name
midgetspy / Fiddlehumper
Ketar / Ketar
toolbert / toolbert
Junior Yank / junioryank
Wii Number Insanity
Homestar Gunner 3336-5117-8458
Battle of the Bands
OTHER ROCK BAND GAMES
- The main new feature is online Band World Tour. You can also take your band and challenge other bands via the new Battle of the Bands feature. Every day a new challenge will be posted on either the Tour Challenge or Battle of the Bands. As far as Battle of the Band challenges go:
- Your band's score is measured up against another band from your friend list.
- You can also measure yourself against your friendlist on Rockband.com via the Battle of the Bands listing.
- It isn't in real time but the score meter shows you how your band's progress is going.
- In a BotB setlist, your multiplier and leftover Overdrive will carry on to the next song.
- Make sure you read the requirements and rules for each challenge.
- You don't need to be in a full band.
- The PA Band List
- Interested in measuring up against other forumers? Friend them on LIVE/PSN and see who's gunning for top spot. All the scores are saved for the leader of the band on that gamertag. As such, only the leader of the band is listed since we can all sub in for other bands. You can also friend people on rockband.com via your profiles and tracks against their BOTB scores.
Here are some Rock Band related games or upcoming games to look forward to.
The Beatles Rock Band
Release Date: 09/09/09
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS3, & the Wii
E3 Intro Trailer
AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack
Release Date: Out now in most regions
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS2, PS3, & the Wii
The Beatles: Rock Band will allow fans to pick up the guitar, bass, mic or drums and experience The Beatles extraordinary catalogue of music through gameplay that takes players on a journey through the legacy and evolution of the bandâ€™s legendary career. In addition, The Beatles: Rock Band will offer a limited number of new hardware offerings modeled after instruments used by John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr throughout their career.
The Beatles: Rock Band will be offered as standalone software and hardware as well as a limited edition bundle. The game will be compatible with all Rock Band instrument controllers and other current music-based video game peripherals.
Available on 9/9/09:
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Software - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $59.99 MSRP
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Standalone Guitars - Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $99.99 MSRP
â€¢ The Beatles: Rock Band Limited Edition Premium Bundle: Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Wii: $249.99 MSRP
Please note: Pricing outside of the US to be announced at a later date.
New plastic instruments:
In accordance with AC/DC's partnership with Wal*Mart regarding their latest album exclusive, this one off game will only be available at Wal*Mart or Sam's Club stores. All versions minus the PS2 one will allow for one-time exporting onto the hard drive/SD-card via a code that comes in the package for use in Rock Band. This game is basically a DLC disc with the entire Live at Donington
set. The game includes the tracks but none of the major options otherwise available in Rock Band although it does contain its own achievements. The price range nowadays should be below $20 although you could find it used for much less. All tracks are live masters:
Lego Rock Band
Release Date: Holiday 2009 for North America
Consoles: Xbox 360, PS3, & the Wii and the Nintendo DS
- Back in Black
- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
- Fire Your Guns
- For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
- Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be
- Hells Bells
- High Voltage
- Highway to Hell
- Let There Be Rock
- Shoot to Thrill
- The Jack
- Whole Lotta Rosie
- You Shook Me All Night Long
Players will become rockers as they embark on a journey to stardom that the whole family can enjoy as they work their way through local venues, stadiums and fantasy locations on Earth and beyond that mimic the imaginative settings that the LEGO world offers. Also continuing the LEGO â€œbuild-and-playâ€ gaming experience, players will be able to create their own LEGO Rock Band
style as they customize their minifigure avatars, band and entourage, including roadies, managers and crew. LEGO Rock Band
supports Rock Band
instruments, as well as other music game controllers. Soundtrack so far is as follows:
Rock Band Unplugged
Release Date: June 9, 2009
Consoles: Sony PSP
- "The Final Countdown" by Europe
- "Girls and Boys" by Good Charlotte
- "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
- "So What" by Pink
- "Song 2" by Blur
- "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend
- "Breakout" by the Foo Fighters
- "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5
Harmonix/MTV with developers Backbone Entertainment will be bringing a hybrid Rock Band/Amplitude game to the PSP. Using the left and up on the D-pad and triangle and circle on the buttons, you play one of the four intrument tracks of a song (vocals, drums, guitar or bass) and once you cleared a certain section, you then switch tracks. Vocals will be handled as if it were a normal note track with the buttons handling the gameplay rather than require a microphone. When all four instruments reach x4 multiplier, the player achieves Band Groove and pumps the multiplier up to x5. Overdrive in this game increases the multiplier to x11 because rocking out is always about taking it to eleven. There are 4 modes: Band Warmup (Practice mode), World Tour, Quickplay, and Band Survival where all 4 tracks are playing and you need to switch between them in order to get through the track. Unplugged will have its own music store with its own DLC (with 10 tracks available upon release) but there will be no interaction between the PSP and PS3 versions. Here are the 40 master tracks with songs debuting in the game to be made available for DLC for other console versions:
- "3's & 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age
- "ABC" by the Jackson 5
- "Alive" by Pearl Jam
- "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull
- "Buddy Holly" by Weezer
- "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
- "Chop Suey!" by System of a Down
- "Drain You" by Nirvana
- "Everlong" by Foo Fighters
- "Float On" by Modest Mouse
- "Gasoline" by Audioslave
- "I Was Wrong" by Social Distortion
- "The Killing Jar" by Siouxsie and the Banshees
- "Kryptonite" by 3 Doors Down
- "Less Talk More Rokk" by Freezepop
- "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi
- "Lump" by Presidents of the United States of America
- "Message in a Bottle" by the Police
- "Miss Murder" by AFI
- "More than a Feeling" by Boston
- "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers
- "My Own Worst Enemy" by Lit
- "Our Truth" by Lacuna Coil
- "Painkiller" by Judas Priest
- "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails
- "Pinball Wizard" by The Who
- "Rock Your Socks" by Tenacious D
- "Show Me the Way" by Black Tide
- "The Trees" (Vault Edition) by Rush
- "Today" by Smashing Pumpkins
- "What's My Age Again?" by Blink-182
- "Where'd You Go?" by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones
- "White Wedding, Part 1" by Billy Idol
- "Would" by Alice in Chains
RB: Unplugged will support its own DLC with the following tracks available come release time:
WHAT ABOUT THE TRACK PACKS?!
- "Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore
- "Feed the Tree" by Belly
- "Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- "Hysteria" by Muse
- "Inside the Fire" by Disturbed
- "Just a Girl" by No Doubt
- "The Kill" by 30 Seconds to Mars
- "Typical" by Mute Math
- "Under the Bridge" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- "Wonderwall" by Oasis
Check them out for yourself over at WikiPedia. There are quite a few volumes out nowadays.
Special thanks to midgetspy, Unbreakable Vow, Shady 3011, quovadis13, mxmarks, Joah, Lunker, Smug Duckling, DarkPrimus and many others for their contributions in going through these threads like starving vultures on a dead buffalo carcass.