As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX World Record Attempt - Good To Go!

• SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    ahhh gotcha... I was guessing it was something like that... he doesn't have a location in his name though.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Looks like I'm going to need to buy a DS for this trip now.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Ah yeah, whoops. Sorry about that, I should have said. The hardware is exactly the same, and I have a USB charger that will work perfectly if you want that - it won't work with the DSi.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'll be bringing my DSi, and my girlfriend will have her DS. If I haven't sold my old Japanese dark-blue DS by then I can lend it (or sell it!) to someone else to contribute to the Cause.

Yes. Capital C on Cause, just beCause.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Oh man....I'm so in.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited May 2009
    I'll be bringing my DSi, and my girlfriend will have her DS. If I haven't sold my old Japanese dark-blue DS by then I can lend it (or sell it!) to someone else to contribute to the Cause.

Yes. Capital C on Cause, just beCause.

Hmm I will buy either yours or Willeths depending on price (whichever is cheaper of course) although if yours comes with a charger, I might have to go with yours squirminator.
    Ah yeah, whoops. Sorry about that, I should have said. The hardware is exactly the same, and I have a USB charger that will work perfectly if you want that - it won't work with the DSi.

Haha we should start an online DS auction...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I have a charger with mine. One of the regulars at my local vidjagame emporium has expressed an interest but as I haven't heard back from him he's probably not going to go for it. That and he's a bit of a flake and I don't know who he is.

Feel free to PM me to discuss pricing and/or to haggle.

Squirminator2k on
    Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    Sorry Moe.... Sorry JonnyNero.
    I don't think I'm doing a very good job of making friends... Just kind of annoying saying 'maybe' especially if people are signing up for stuff.

Anyway, this sounds like fun... I shall have to steal my brother's DS for occasion.

No worries!

I'm only doing it on stuff so that people can pencil me in, because it's cutting it down to the wire for me. I may not know for sure until two weeks out, so I'm only "conditionally committing" to things that have a lot of people, so that it won't really effect the final planning of the activity

JonnyNero on
  • MushroomsMushrooms Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I'm just wondering if I should bring a couple extra DS's to share with other fellow PAXers who want to be in on it, but don't have a DS. Anyone have any idea if thats a good idea or not? As this is my first PAX I don't know the average trustworthyness of the group.

PS thanks for the sig who ever made it!!!!

Mushrooms on
    All shalt feel the wrath of the all-mighty POINTY KITTY OF DOOOOOM!!
    purrrrrrrrrrrrr*snuggle*
    edited May 2009
    I think I'm going to either buy a new DS, or a used PAXer DS. Either way I think you should still bring extras, worst case people without DS' can download play with you.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
    edited May 2009
    Mushrooms wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if I should bring a couple extra DS's to share with other fellow PAXers who want to be in on it, but don't have a DS. Anyone have any idea if thats a good idea or not? As this is my first PAX I don't know the average trustworthyness of the group.

PS thanks for the sig who ever made it!!!!

Well this is my first PAX too... I think there's kind of a fine line between 'Paxers' and people just there for PAX? Correct me if I'm wrong people, but Paxers are the forumers who post and make friends online before the event. The rest just sort of come on their own accord and don't really pay attention to all the forum organized events?

I wouldn't lend out the DS' to anyone outside the forum group, but out of the people I've met on here so far, I'd say they're all trustworthy.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    PAXers are people who attend PAX. All of them.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    ah ok thanks moe...
    so what are forumers called then?
    And what do you suggest for lending out DS'?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    We are forumers, but a small subset of Paxers.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well this is my first PAX too... I think there's kind of a fine line between 'Paxers' and people just there for PAX? Correct me if I'm wrong people, but Paxers are the forumers who post and make friends online before the event. The rest just sort of come on their own accord and don't really pay attention to all the forum organized events?
    proXimity wrote: »

Yeah... Paxers are everyone... and just because you arent a forumer doesnt mean you cant participate in all the community organized events... Thats something that you have seemed to misinterpret since you got here. None of these events are exclusive... the point is to get the community together, so the more the better. And actually there are quite a few people who never go on the forums that still participate in the community events...

and also is it me or does Serenity keep throwing our threads off topic? lol :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I've seen full wallets and the like fill up the PAX lost and found plenty of times. I wouldn't worry too much. Just trust your instinct, and if you meet some cool people ask if they want to to borrow and participate.

Scoots on
    edited May 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »
    proXimity wrote: »

and also is it me or does Serenity keep throwing our threads off topic? lol :P

Yeah sorry, I tend to do that... :oops: but we all do it... you were just mentioning that about yourself(in another thread) weren't you? I think the problem is there's no real "random stuff here" thread. I suppose I can always make one...
    But yeah SORRY! guys. I'll try to keep on topic...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2009
    I think the problem is there's no real "random stuff here" thread. I suppose I can always make one...
    But yeah SORRY! guys. I'll try to keep on topic...

We don't do the "random stuff" thread thing here, sorry.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited May 2009
    no worries, I'll just have to take my randomness threads elsewhere.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited May 2009
    Look what I found!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Have fun Serenity.

DaNerd on
    edited May 2009
    hurrah...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Brex123Brex123 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I will have my DS with me at all times at PAX, so I can join in with this record attempt.

Brex123 on
  • SilverRose2501SilverRose2501 Registered User new member
    edited June 2009
    How about a world record for the high score on Donkey Kong? Where's Wiebe??

SilverRose2501 on
  • razoredgrazoredg Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    sorry to rez this thread.. but is this still going to happen? i was pretty stoked on the idea and havent seen any info come up about it in a while (been almost 2 months since last post)

again, sorry to graverob this :)

razoredg on
    Razoredg--X13 Counting the days till Prime 2010!
    edited August 2009
    heh, oh yeah...
    I had forgotten about this too... any info guys?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    Heels and the hand held guys got it pretty much sorted out. There's going to be a set slot in the official program for us to do the record.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm so in on this! I wonder if I brought all three of my DS with me if it would count. I have the original the lite and the DSi.

Jeppy

Jeppy on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be down if I'm not busy doing other things.

How many do we need?

JonnyNero on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    damn, wish i didn't damage my ds putting a cheap clear case on it!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ChaoticaChaotica Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hah I was going to bring mine for the plane ride boredom, so I'm game! =)

Chaotica on
    -- DJ Chaotica, Split Infinity Radio
    sirlsnr.gif
  • GypsyflyGypsyfly Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    I know about a hundred PMS H2O Clan members/community, Frag Doll members/community, ECA community members willing to help out as well.

This sounds like fun!

Gypsyfly on
    468x60banner2hu4.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Jeppy wrote: »
    I'm so in on this! I wonder if I brought all three of my DS with me if it would count. I have the original the lite and the DSi.

Jeppy

Yo Jeppy, you can let me use one!
    My plan was to get one before PAX but you know, money difficulties.
    Would still like to participate in this though...
    Sounds like fun and possibly the only chance I'll have to be part of a world record.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • ShigglesShiggles Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    I'll be down if I'm not busy doing other things.

Same here.

I love this idea. ^_^

Shiggles on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can bring myself and 2 others to the cause. Sounds like fun!

DJBreslin on
  • DunckTheFunkDunckTheFunk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So who's the unlucky guy who has to keep track and count every single maybe showered person holding a DS?

DunckTheFunk on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    GFW-1.jpg
    GFW Radio. The Brodeo. Live at PAX '09. Come for the WahJah. Leave with a shame cape.
    edited August 2009
    So who's the unlucky guy who has to keep track and count every single maybe showered person holding a DS?

Theres a few of us that will have thumb clickers at the entrance, and then the PAX DVD crew will also be there to film the event.

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • ScootsScoots HandHeld Lounge Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    We'll have counting redundancy out the wazoo!

It is 1DS/1person, so if you have extra maybe you can share with someone else and be extra cool.

Scoots on
    edited August 2009
    I agree with scoots...
    I'm one without a DS so if you have extra, share them around!

EDIT: oh yeah what exactly do we have to be doing on the DS by the way...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    I agree with scoots...
    I'm one without a DS so if you have extra, share them around!

EDIT: oh yeah what exactly do we have to be doing on the DS by the way...

You have to have a ds.... and it has to be on... :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Serenity... I will lone you one. I got you covered. We just need to figure out were to meet.

Jeppy on
This discussion has been closed.