Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E] Shackled City (Game Thread)

1151617181921»

Posts

  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Muhagrumina," Quinn mumbles as he gets up. "What's goin' on?"

    He shakes off the daze and heads across the room, stumbling as he wonders where his sight got off to. The paladin thrusts blindly at a sound and misses by a mile. "I," he says, some clarity returning, "could really use a drink."
    I believe I've used up Lay on Hands for today--although the little hiatus this took has me wondering if this is really the case.

    Anyways:

    Move to H8
    Attack Skulk 2 w/ Holy Strike: 1d20=10, 1d10+3=10

    Save vs blindness: 1d20+1=7 fail

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075 | backloggery | destinystatus
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Striking out at the retreating gnome, the two fell beasts each make an attempt to bring down Blublo, but each fails spectacularly. Those magics defending the Gnight are too strong, for the moment, but they will fade - and when that happens, he shall fall.
    Dark Creeper 2 opportunity attacks Blublo - MISS!
    Vanishing Skulk opportunity attacks Blublo - MISS!

    Scuttling away into the darkness, the beast that refused to assault the brash Gnight doesn't manage to get far. But it does move back far enough to launch a bolt of iron at Blublo, hissing in disappointment as it bounces off the magically protected gnome.

    The blinded paladin's target also scuttles away, launching a bolt back at Quinn which does nothing but fly past his head. Another bolt, from the distance, flies into Quinn's chest, pounding yet another nail into the coffin that simply refuses to shut.
    Skulk 1 shifts to D2 and attacks Blublo - MISS!
    Skulk 2 shifts to H10 and attacks Quinn - MISS!
    Skulk 3 attacks Quinn - HIT! 6 damage.

    The lights shift again; though most of what is already know remains lit, and what was unknown remains shrouded in the darkness, the keen of eye spot a new Skulk by a pillar, shielding its eyes from the sudden burst of light from behind it.

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-3b.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 22/22HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - 36/46HP, AC 17, F 14, R 16, W 14
    Vanishing Skulk - 31/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12, marked by Blubbers
    Kreel - 17/30HP
    Blublo 26/26HP, +5 AC
    Quinn 4/27HP Blind (save ends)
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Kellus 18/25HP

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kellus shrieks. The sound is ragged, torn from his throat as if by force. His head snaps back, face locked in a rictus of pain. When his eyes finally open, after a long moment, the sound stops. The Drow glares down the length of the room and points a finger.

    The Vanishing Skulk is suddenly wreathed in violet flame, lighting him up like a carnival fire. An easy target now, thinks Kellus.

    As the thought trickles through his spark-addled mind, the elements of the earth begin to respond to his subconscious command. A breeze, reeking of days-old carrion and ozone, stirs in the vast chamber. In an instant it has grown into a localized gale which batters the area around the burning Skulk.

    The Vanishing Skulk and his Dark Creeper cohort are smashed by the hurricane and stagger backwards under the onslaught.

    Kellus smiles.
    Minor Action: Darkfire vs Vanishing Skulk: 1d20+4-2=19 HIT. Until end of Kellus' next turn, all attacks vs Vanishing Skulk grant CA, and Skulk may not benefit from invisibility or concealment.
    Standard Action: Howling Gale on F6. Attack vs Vanishing Skulk 1d20+4+2=17 HIT. Attack vs Dark Creeper 2 1d20+4-2=22 Critical HIT.
    Vanishing Skulk takes 2d6+4=6 damage, is deafened (save ends), and is pushed to E9.
    Dark Creeper 2 takes 16 damage (due to Critical Hit), is deafened (save ends), and is pushed to D8.

    I assume Kellus' sheet is accurate and he has no action points. Pity. Just getting warmed up & whatnot.

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alead closes his eyes and reaches out with his mind toward the arcane mechanism that controls the dancing, spinning lights. Fumbling along the surface of the delicate lattice of spells, he almost misses it.

    There. The lock.

    For a moment Alead marvels at the simplicity of the spell's construction, and then he catches himself. Of course it's simple! It was designed to be used.


    Alead holds the lock. His mind is the key. The lights dance for him.
    Full turn action: Arcana check to control the lights. 1d20+9=29 Oh yes. Oh yes indeed.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alead:
    Congratulations! You have unlocked the lights, and they now move under your control. Unfortunately, the magic that was meant to be used has decayed a lot, meaning that your overall power is quite limited. By sacrificing a move action, you can shift one of the lights one square during your own turn.

    Your main power over the lights comes in the phase after the darkness - at that time, you can place the lights wherever you want on the battlefield. There are three lights, each occupying a six by six area. At least 9 squares of light have to be visible at all times, though you can elect to have the lights appear further down the hall, effectively removing them from the battlefield for that round.

    At the appropriate time, simply post the ranges of where you would like the lights to be placed, after the actions of the Skulks. For your reference, the current locations of the lights are:
    Light 1 - D4 to I9
    Light 2 - F4 to J9
    Light 3 - A9 to D14

    Wincing and bashed about by the winds, the Dark Creeper picks himself together and pounds his head around with his fists, for a moment. Realising the state he is in, the fell beasts leaps away into the darkness beside him, his soft hooves masking all the sound of movement. Then there is a flash of a dagger striking out from the darkness, and whatever magics surrounding the Gnight fail, at last.

    The disappearing skulk, too, makes its move into the shadows. A rapier stabs forth from the inky dark, but bounces harmlessly off of the Gnight's powerful armour. With a hiss, the scent of the wolf skin cloak recedes back into the darkness - though Blublo is only all too aware of where his attackers have come from.
    Dark Creeper 2 moves into darkness and attacks Blublo - HIT! 8 damage!

    Vanishing Skulk moves into darkness and attacks Blublo - MISS!

    Deafness save for Dark Creeper 2 - SUCCESS!
    Deafness save for Vanishing Skulk - FAIL!

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-4a.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 22/22HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - 20/46HP, AC 17, F 14, R 16, W 14
    Vanishing Skulk - 25/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12, granting CA to all, not concealed, deafened
    Kreel - 17/30HP
    Blublo 18/26HP
    Quinn 4/27HP Blind (save ends)
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Kellus 18/25HP

  • StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The swiftly changing light and dark has only added to the Goliath's pulsing migraine, as well as the aches from his various wounds. Pointing the tip of his Greataxe at the visible Skulk, the Avenger bellows out a challenge.

    "You diseased son of a whore! This day shall end one of us!"
    Minor Action on Skulk 3 at C9; Oath of Enmity

    As his words bellow forth, the headache seems to grow in size... Pulsing against his forehead and making the Avenger grimace in pain. From out his temples shadows flare out, coursing towards the already Oath'd Skulky one.
    Radiant Vengence against Skulk 3, Wisdom (1d20+3) Vs Reflex (16) = [2,3] = (5) (oi, damn you IC, damn you with the damningest thing I can find)

    Yet again the unusual magics of the place seem to throw off the shadows, sending them coursing into darkness.

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I use Fade Away after being hit. Turn incoming in a bit.

    Vanishing from view, Blublo darts past his assailants, skidding to a halt at the edge of the darkness, sword over his head poised to deliver a hefty blow.

    "To your right, Quinn! Flank him 'round the pillar! Follow my lead and I shall have your back!" the Gnome commands from the shadows.
    Blublo moves to C8.
    Blublo uses his last Inspiring Word on Quinn. (surge plus 3HP)
    Blublo readies a Hammer & Anvil attack on Skulk 3; He will attack after Quinn moves to C10 and attacks Skulk 3.

    hmm.gif
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Quinn heeds the Gnight's instructions and stumbles his way over to what he believes to be the skulk. He swings mightily, knowing that Blublo is somewhere near and keeping the Skulk distracted. He prays fervently to Avandra, wondering if it was something he said.

    Mercifully, however, his senses return to him.
    Move to C10, Bolstering Strike: 1d20+4-5+1=2, 1d10+2=3 fail, even though I typed the flanking bonus wrong :(

    1d20+1=14 no longer blinded

    minor: Divine Challenge on the skulk

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075 | backloggery | destinystatus
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Suddenly!

    Blublo leaps from the shadows! "HeYOOOOOO!!" the shadowy skulk turns around in time to see Blublo's sword swing and just *barely* dodge its edge. The fiend faces Quinn again and denies the paladin a quick opening for an attack.
    Hammer and Anvil: My attack roll and then Quinn's attack:
    1d20+8 → [4,8] = (12) 1d20+7 → [11,7] = (18) Noooo so close. The first misses so neither hit.

    hmm.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And there was a hissing from the shadows that night; two bolts came out from the darkness, flying towards the solitary Avenger standing near the wall. And there was the sound of scraping, that of a beast's sting piercing the flesh of its victim. The twin bolts struck the Goliath with equal power, planting themselves deep within his meat with barbed ferocity.

    Beaten and bleeding, the Avenger is so close to his Queen now, he can smell the sweet eternity on her breath.

    The skulk flanked by the Gnight and the Paladin looked, and he saw there was little hope for escape from his enemies; with a growl, it shifted against the wall, out of range of the darkness and its crushing bites. The grey-coloured genderless being's rapier lashed out at the Paladin, but struck nothing but the protecting plate that the man-thing wore.

    Then the lights went out, and the Deva who unlocked its power knew what he must do.
    Skulk 1 moves and attacks Kreel - HIT! 7 damage.
    Skulk 2 moves and attacks Kreel - HIT! 9 damage.
    Skulk 3 shifts to D9 and attacks Quinn - MISS!

    Alead can now determine the position of the three lights.

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-4b.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 22/22HP
    Quinn 13/27HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - 20/46HP, AC 17, F 14, R 16, W 14
    Vanishing Skulk - 25/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12, granting CA to all, not concealed, deafened
    Kreel - 1/30HP
    Blublo 18/26HP
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Kellus 18/25HP

    Alead, you have the power to change those lights!

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Alead closes his eyes - twists, and forces the lights into new configurations.
    Light 1 -> A2-F7
    Light 2 -> D8-I13
    Light 3 -> D14-IOff the map on the south end.

    Did I do that right?

  • StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Can we get a new map? Yes, I suck. I know

  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    UPDATED MAP:
    J17-4c.jpg

    Let me know if I did that wrong.

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So. In that time and in that place
    Of mighty heroes
    Stood two together in the dark.
    Kellus, Storm-Rider, Lightningking
    And Alead Godfriend. Together
    The battle-warp upon them,
    Their enemies surrounding them,
    Lightning danced from their fingers.
    Oh! That we might see such heroes
    Again.
    Oh! That the halls still echoed with the
    Thunder of Kellus Doombringer and
    Alead-who-walked-with-the-Gods.
    Alas,
    This is but a tale, and these heroes
    Long dust.

    Kellus Standard: Lightning Strike vs Vanishing Skulk. 1d20+6=18 Hit. Vanishing Skulk takes 1d8+4=8 damage. Dark Creeper 2 takes 4 damage.
    Kellus Minor: Sustain Storm zone (currently at F6)
    Kellus Move: Move Storm Zone to D4. DC2 and VC will take 4 damage each at start of their turns.
    Alead Standard: Vanguard's Lightning on B4. Vs Dark Creeper 1d20+6=24. Hit. Vs Vanishing Skulk 1d20+4=10. Miss. (Forgot to add CA for shooting into the light, but it wouldn't have mattered) Dark Creeper takes 1d6+5=9 damage.
    Alead Move: I5

    Quinn is up, buttercups.

  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    "Finally, he's good for somethin'!" Quinn cackles as Alead makes the lights shift. He runs around the pillar quickly and strikes at the skulk, easily hitting him. "I feel excellent," he announces to all within earshot.
    Move to C9, Bolstering Strike versus Skulk 3: 1d20+4+2=23, 1d10+2=12 HIT! 12 damage, and Quinn gains 2 temporary hit points.

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075 | backloggery | destinystatus
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Smacked around and beaten by the winds of magic, the Dark Creeper is the first to find his footing and escape, though not wihout its price. Running towards the source of the previous magics, he leaps into the darkness... and then no more is seen, or heard, from him. The Vanishing Skulk follows the lead of its companion, diving into the darkness - though it does make a noise in the inky dark that you could take to mean something.
    Dark Creeper moves to G5, and that's all you know.

    Vanishing Skulk moves to G7, and that's all you know.

    Vanishing Skulk Save vs Deafness - SUCCESS!

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-5a.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 22/22HP
    Quinn 13+2/27HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - 3/46HP, AC 17, F 14, R 16, W 14
    Vanishing Skulk - 13/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12
    Kreel - 1/30HP
    Blublo 18/26HP
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 20/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13, divinely challenged by Quinn
    Kellus 18/25HP

  • StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Feeling a wave of weakness pass over him, the Goliath pulls forth the potion he has been carrying and quaffs it down, choking on the thick taste.
    Minor Action: Remove Potion
    Minor Action: Drink Potion
    Spends a Healing Surge to gain ten hps
    Kreel now has 11 manly hit points

    The potion lies in his gut like a rock, but soon the Avenger growls as a sense of revilatized energy races through him. Feeling like he is powered by the might of a thousand little Goliath toddlers, Kreel senses movement nearby and catches a whiff of soaked wolf cloak, without hesitating he swings the greataxe at the direction of the stench...
    Greataxe attack versus Total Concealment Vanishing Skulk
    1d20+3-5 Vs AC 15 = [4,3,-5] = (2) MISS

    However, the darkness prevails again and the Goliath is left spinning like a top, with only the shadows to hide his shame.

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "I got this one, Quinn." Blublo mutters right before he attacks from the darkness with a fervorous assault; Blublo stabs at the skulk and immediately reaches out violently at its crossbow, attempting to wrestle the weapon from the shadowy being's hands.
    IC seems to be down. Hmmph. Blublo will be using a Brash Assault on Skulk3 (d20+6 vs AC, 1d8+3 damage, gives the enemy a chance for an OA with CA, in which case Quinn gets a OA +CA yadda yadda).

    Blublo will then spend an action point to make a Grab on the skulk. I would like to target his weapon and take it away; if that's only possible through a substantial penalty I'll just grab his wrist.

    hmm.gif
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Here's the attack roll: A one. The skulk can still take his free basic attack with a CA bonus.

    Now for the grab:
    1d20+3 → [14,3] = (17)
    VS Ref = SUCCESS.

    hmm.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seizing upon the opportunity left open by the foolhardy Gnight, the Skulk shierks in a broiling rage and lashes out with its rapier into the darkness. The slice of steel moves down and out of the pitch black where Blublo stands, but nothing makes contact; tit for tat, it seems.
    Skulk 3 uses the opportunity attack on Blublo - MISS.

    Also, I guess the Skulk has lost his weapon now!

    In the darkness next to Kellus, where he could scantly make out the shape of a Skulk preparing to strike, there was a glint of a yellowing, cracked smile, and then there was a hushed hiss as the rapier leaped forward, scarcely missing the drow's head by a few inches.

    The Skulk standing far out in the distance from the rest of the action raised his crossbow and, muttering some unbearable message to itself, fired a bolt at the darkness next to its compatriot. The bolt struck with an uncanny accuracy that many would later attribute to luck, or the pride coming before a fall.

    Weaponless, the final Skulk leaps from its haunches and swipes its arms at Quinn. While legend would later appropriate this action to fear and an attempt at surrender (which was rebuked by the brave, handsome and rich Quinn), in reality it was simply a desperate move to gain some ground in this battle. Quinn's new armour proves too slippery to maintain a grip on, however, and the Skulk falls down onto its backside.

    Skulk 1 attacks Kellus - MISS!
    Skulk 2 attacks Blublo - HIT! 7 damage!
    Skulk 3 attempts to grab Quinn - MISS!


    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-5a.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 22/22HP
    Quinn 13+2/27HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - 3/46HP, AC 17, F 14, R 16, W 14
    Vanishing Skulk - 13/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12
    Kreel - 11/30HP
    Blublo 11/26HP
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 20/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13, divinely challenged by Quinn
    Kellus 18/25HP

    Kellus, you dirty bastard, get in here!

  • GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kellus liked lightning. It was probably his second favourite thing in the world. He didn't know what was first and he didn't really care. Of course for some reason when he showed his friends the joy of lightning, they usually fell to the ground and started to smell like burning. He was determined to show these new people how awesome it was!

    He skipped away from the friends surrounding him and fired a blast of lightning at the translucent one. It missed him and Kellus pouted a little. Then he remembered the area of storms he had created! He moved it over to show the short one.
    Shift to F3 before attack
    Storm walk vs Skulk 1 (1d20+4-5=1) Miss.
    Move Zone to G4
    Minor to sustain zone.
    [URL="[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2200587/]Storm Walk vs Skulk (1d20+4-5=1)[/url]"][/url]Storm Walk vs Skulk (1d20+4-5=1)

  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alead concentrates for a moment, and the lights shift in their orbits. The skulks blink eyes unused to the harsh illumination.

    The Deva Ducks his head in a sudden movement and lunges towards the cover offered by a nearby pillar of crumbling masonry. His hands flicker out, and lightning leaps from them. The Skulk leaps out of the blast zone with contemptuous ease and flicks out with his weapon at the Deva.
    Move Lights: J2-E7; D8-I13; D14-I18
    Move: Shift to H6
    Standard: Vanguard's Lightning vs Vanishing Skulk: 1d20+6=7. ... .... Dammit.
    Provoke OA from Vanishing Skulk.
    Remember that Alead has +2 defenses vs bloodied enemies due to Astral Majesty.

  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    "Come on, now!" Quinn calls. "We'll be back up top in no time!" He swings at the skulk again with his sword and hits it easily.
    Enfeebling Strike versus Skulk 3 1d20+4=17, 1d10+2=5 It takes a -2 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075 | backloggery | destinystatus
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Reacting to the Deva's attack with a furious speed, he is almost too quick off the mark, as his attack stabs right where the Deva was going to be in a second or two; not being there, however, Alead isn't punctured by anything but a thought of where his lives were supposed to be at this point.
    Vanishing Skulk OA on Alead - MISS!

    Battered by the winds of the pocket tempest storm yet again, the last remaining Creeper was knocked to the ground. No one can say what he experienced in those last, dark few seconds before his life was utterly drained from his being, but they were just insubstantial memories; he's gone, now, that's all that there is.

    The Vanishing Skulk could be accused of flying into a rage over the death of its small, behooved comrade, but that would be a foolhardy conclusion. It was simply insane. With another strike at Alead, he managed to make contact with the Deva's flesh, tearing a small hole in his flesh.
    Dark Creeper takes 4 damage from the Howling Tempest and dies.

    Vanishing Skulk attacks Alead with rapier - HIT! 4 damage!

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-5b.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 18/22HP
    Quinn 13+2/27HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - headin' towards the light
    Vanishing Skulk - 13/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12
    Kreel - 11/30HP
    Blublo 11/26HP
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 15/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13, divinely challenged by Quinn, -2 on attack rolls
    Kellus 18/25HP

  • StygianSmileyFaceStygianSmileyFace Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The Creeper falls, and with an evil grin the Goliath squints at the barely seen Vanishing Skulk and extends his free hand with only one digit extended.

    "Your people fall and die like they fight, as if crippled!" He rears back the Greataxe and spits into the barely seen shape. "I will wear your face as a mask, I swear it!"
    Minor: Oath of Emnity to Vanishing Skulk

    The Goliath follows his words with a mighty sweep of the axe.
    Attack One: [2,3,-2] = (3)
    Attack Two due to Oath: [6,3,-2] = (7) Christ

    Which hits only air as the barely seen adversary mocks the Avenger's lack of skills.

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Blublo stabs wildly at the skulk from the dark. He definitely feels like he's in a bit of a pickle.

    Speaking of pickes, those healing potions are really rather funky in taste.
    Brash Assault: Another miss. Skulk gets an OA on me with CA.
    Two minor actions to quaff that potion. +10HP.

    hmm.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    While the Skulk being harassed by the Warlord and Paladin misses when he tries to strike back at his brave opponent, there is a movement at the edge of the storm. The Skulk there hisses and pushes a hand above its eyes to block the light, then jumps forward with a strike against the Sorceror that causes blood to flow and be blown away by the howling winds.

    Meanwhile, another shot is fired by the Skulk at the end of the hall that is missing all the action, but the bolt goes wide and hits the pillar by Alead's head. Another hug attempt by the Skulk marked by Avandra's chosen fails, the armour still too slippery with blood to have any grip on it. Perhaps another few goes would solve the matter.
    Skulk 3 opportunity attack - MISS!
    Skulk 1 moves to G3 and attacks Kellus - HIT! 7 damage!
    Skulk 2 fires crossbow and attacks Alead - MISS!
    Skulk 3 tries to grapple Quinn - MISS!

    INFORMATION:
    MAP:
    J17-5c.jpg

    BATTLEFIELD INFORMATION:
    Anyone standing in the dark areas is considered as having Total Concealment.

    Attacking into light from a darkened area grants Combat Advantage.

    Pillars block LOS and grant Cover.

    Vanishing Skulk always counts as having Concealment, even in lit squares.

    ENCOUNTER INFORMATION:
    Alead 18/22HP
    Quinn 13+2/27HP
    Dark Creeper 1 - he just learned how to love
    Dark Creeper 2 - headin' towards the light
    Vanishing Skulk - 13/38HP, AC15, F12, R16, W12
    Kreel - 11/30HP
    Blublo 21/26HP
    Skulk 1 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 2 - 32/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13
    Skulk 3 - 15/32HP, AC15, F13, R16, W13, divinely challenged by Quinn, -2 on attack rolls
    Kellus 11/25HP

    What's that? Time for some light magic and some storm magic! Yay Kelead!

  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh hey, I forgot: Brash Assault's effect includes the ally's OA, so Quinn still can attack if I miss. Since I rolled with Quinn on the last Brash Assault (and hit) but didn't roll the one before, I'll roll for that eariler attack and do the damage for both. Simon can decide if that attack last round is still open.

    Previous Brash Assault, Quinn's attack and damage; Quinn's damage on current Brash Assault:
    1d20+7 → [6,7] = (13) 1d10+3 → [5,3] = (8)
    1d10+3 → [4,3] = (7)

    Last round was a miss, so it's moot. Current OA deals 7 damage.

    hmm.gif
  • simonwolfsimonwolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    No worries about that, it's one of those things I really should have picked up on.

    Skulk 3 is now on 8HP.

  • GnershGnersh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Kellus was battered and beaten inside his own hurricane. He shrugged it off as inevitable and was saddened at the frailty of his little friend who had crumpled as soon as the hurricane had touched him. He turned his attention to the closest person.
    He needed to show him how lightning sizzled against you flesh and how it crackled through the entire body in a delightful way.

    So he walked out of his storm and created a storm around the skulk. Then, fearing punishment he turned and fled.
    Shift to E3
    Storm Walk vs Skulk 1 (1d20+4=7) Miss
    Move to B4

Sign In or Register to comment.