As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E] KotS: "What do your halfling eyes see?" "God damnit! Our eyes are the sa

• MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Roscoe moved out from behind the bushes, wielding the dagger once more and pointing it at the approaching dwarf. He closed his eyes in a silent prayer to a god, any god, that would just help him once. Drawing on the primordial forces around them, he fired another blast which seemed like it would hit before simply dissipating before it reached its mark. The halfling sighed, looking down in shame, "I'm so sorry."
    I hope you guys can defeat these guys considering I'm utterly useless.

Move: Shifted to J9
    Standard: Chaos Bolt (1d20+4=8, 1d10+7=11) against DH1. Missed, obviously.

Up Next: Sariela

MiSTieOtaku on
  • LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    I said "don't kill them", not "don't hurt them!"

LightRider on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So, can I kill DH2? Cause with my sneak attack plus several encounter powers that bastard is going down. Should we focus on keeping HS around or should we attempt to knock HR 1 unconscious? And how would we go about doing that? I'm think a basic melee attack with the specificity that we're hitting him with the flat of the blade, would that be acceptable?

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    So, can I kill DH2? Cause with my sneak attack plus several encounter powers that bastard is going down. Should we focus on keeping HS around or should we attempt to knock HR 1 unconscious? And how would we go about doing that? I'm think a basic melee attack with the specificity that we're hitting him with the flat of the blade, would that be acceptable?
    My understanding is that you can always declare non-lethal damage on the killing blow. And I don't think DH2 needs to live really, not after smashing our good buddy in the face. Either of the other two would be fine. Also, they'd realize we have no qualms about killing them if they see a few (more) bodies laid out.

LightRider on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Right-o. All you do is let me know that your killing blow is not lethal.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sariela, still a little woozy on her feet, looks around and notices the precarious situation she's in. She notices the other dwarf is almost dead and moves to the south, taking care to keep away from the dwarf on the road. Looking to kill a whole flock of birds with one stone, she charges the wounded dwarf and manages to deliver a strong enough cut to put him down. Emboldened by her success, she sweeps her blade in an arc through the air, at the same time delivering an intimidating stare to both nearby enemies.
    Move: to F6

Standard: Charge to E10 (w/Howling Strike) against DH2 (1d20+8=18, 1d10+1d6+6=9) Hit for 9 damage, DH2 is dead as doornails.

Free: Roar of Triumph, each enemy within 5 squares (DH1 and HR1) have -2 to all defenses until the end of my next turn.

Initiative

Roscoe (22)
    Sariela (20)

Halfling Slinger (HS) (17)
    Human Rabble 1 (HR1) (15)

Human Rabble 2 (HR2) (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 3 (HR3) (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 4 (HR4) (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 5 (HR5) (DEAD)

Gavin (14)
    Aylden (13)

Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) (11)
    Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) (DEAD)
    Azulan (9)

Status

Roscoe HP 25/25
    Sariela HP 7/28 - BLOODIED!
    Gavin HP 17/22
    Aylden HP 18/24 (+1 AC till EONT)
    Azulan HP 22/31

Human Rabble 1 (HR1) : 1/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (-2 to all defenses until EO Sariela's NT)
    Human Rabble 2 (HR2) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 3 (HR3) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 4 (HR4) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 5 (HR5) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)

Halfling Slinger (HS) : 22/22 HP, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 13 (+2 AC to OAs)
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) 32/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14 (-2 to all defenses until EO Sariela's NT)
    Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) 0/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14 (DEAD)

Up Next: Slinger + Rabble!

Rius on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Round 3: This ambush is going rather swimingly...

The Halfling in the west, hearing Sariela's battle cry and seeing her companion fall, rushes out from behind the rock with her sling drawn. In a desperate attempt to turn the tides of the fight, she rains stones down the path. Each stone finds its mark in quick succession, hitting the barbarian, cleric, and sorcerer. The slinger looks winded from the sudden volley.

In the trees, the remaining human lets out a maniacal laugh as he swings his club high in the air toward Gavin. It connects, sending bits of splintered wood deep into his flesh.
    Halfling SlingerMove:to H1
    Standard: Stone Rain on Sariela, Aylden, and Roscoe (respectively)
    (1d20+6-2)=21: HIT! dealing 5 damage.
    (1d20+6-2)=17: HIT! dealing 5 damage.
    (1d20+6-2)=20: HIT! dealing 8 damage.
    Recharge fails.

Human Rabble 1
    Standard: Club attack on Gavin
    (1d20+6)=20: HIT! dealing 4 damage.

MAP
    round3a.jpg

STATUS
    Initiative
    Roscoe (22)
    Sariela (20)
    Human Rabble 1 (HR1) (15)

Gavin (14)
    Aylden (13)
    Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) (11) (DEAD)
    Azulan (9)
    Status
    Roscoe HP 17/25
    Sariela HP 2/28 - BLOODIED!
    Gavin HP 13/22
    Aylden HP 13/24 (+1 AC till EONT)
    Azulan
    HP 22/31

Human Rabble 1 (HR1) : 1/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13
    , Ref 11, Will 11
    Human Rabble 2 (HR2) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11
    Human Rabble 3 (HR3) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11
    Human Rabble 4 (HR4) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11
    Human Rabble 5 (HR5) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11
    Halfling Slinger (HS) 22/22 HP, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 13 (+2 AC to OAs)
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) 32/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14
    Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) 0/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14

Next up, Gavin!

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Gavin gritted his teeth as he stared at the brute in front of him, his opponent wasn't going to get away this time. Taking the opportunity given by Sariela, he darted his blade forward one more time and it finally struck true. The man went down with a screech, and Gavin withdrew his blood-soaked blade from his chest. Seeing Sariela in trouble, he rushed up next to her in order to assist in the fight that was about to come.
    Riposte Strike: 1d20+7=22 About time! 1d6+4=6 Damage
    Move to D10.
    I take it we are attempting to bring the slinger in alive?

Next up, Aylden!

Thetheroo on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seeing the extent of Sariela's wounds Aylden speaks a prayer to Sehanine. As the healing light knits bone and cures bruises Aylden turns to the remaining dwarf and points his mace at her. The mace pulses will silver energy before lancing out and striking the dwarf in the arm, but though she grimaces in pain she remains on her feet. To Azulan's eyes however the silver glow remains, highlighting the weaknesses and gaps in the dwarf's armor.
    Minor: Healing Word on Sariela. She can spend a healing surge and gain an additional 7 hit points
    Standard: Lance of Faith against DH1 (1d20 3=12, 1d8 3=9): DH1 takes 9 damage, putting her at 23/44
    Move: to C8

Azulan gets +2 to-hit against DH1 on his next attack due to LoF.
    Thetheroo wrote:
    I take it we are attempting to bring the slinger in alive?

Yea, hes likely to be the last one standing unless we get incredibly unlucky on our attack rolls against the dwarf.

Next Up: Dwarven Hammerer

Last Son on
    edited April 2009
    The Dwarf begins wildly twirling her Warhammer in the air as she closes in on Roscoe, standing exposed on the path. She runs straight through the suspicious area, kicking up the dirt and revealing a large rope net.

Reaching the Halfling, he nearly crumples to the ground as the hammer swings around and connects square with his abdomen, causing him to keel over. The Dwarf takes the opportunity to bring her heavy metal shield down, cracking the Halfling on the back of the head and sending him to the ground.
    Dwarf Hammerer 1

Move: to J8
    Standard: Warhammer vs AC (1d20+7=27): CRITICAL HIT! dealing 10 damage.
    Minor: Shield Bash vs Fort (1d20+6=23): Hit! dealing 9 damage.

Roscoe is down (-2/25)

Map
    round3b.jpg

Status

Initiative
    Roscoe (22)
    Sariela (20)
    Human Rabble 1 (HR1) (DEAD)

Gavin (14)
    Aylden (13)
    Azulan (9)
    Status
    Roscoe HP -2/25 - DOWN! (Strikes: 0/3)
    Sariela HP 16/28
    Gavin HP 13/22
    Aylden HP 13/24 (+2 ATK on DH1 ONT)
    Azulan
    HP 22/31

Human Rabble 1 (HR1) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13
    , Ref 11, Will 11
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) 23/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14

Next up, Azulan!

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm, this is not good. None of us have enough speed to flank DH1 without setting off the trap. Should I leave DH1 to you three and concentrate on the Slinger on my turn, or should I wait for an opportunity to flank down here?

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    Keep in mind that a plate-wearing dwarf just ran over the trap and nothing happened; in fact, you now see that it is a rope trap.

Also keep in mind that this is a well-used, albeit unmaintained, road. Chances are the trap was recently place, very likely by the ones you are fighting right now.

You could take the chance that it is not a magical or otherwise automated trap... and it may be harmless now that there is no one actively manning it.

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Can someone stand in the square where Roscoe is fallen to attack? Is there any penalty involved? If there isn't, then someone can stand where he is and I can flank from behind. Keep in mind that I'll be exposed to projectiles while doing that.

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    Azulan, seeing yet another of his allies fall in combat at the hands of a merciless dwarf, feels the need for swift justice and a divine intervention.

Charging through the trees, weaving through branches and brambles, Azulan emerges and lands a mighty blow.

But Azulan was unsatisfied. He reached within himself for a speed that only his diety could give. He swung mightily at the dwarf yet again, being careful not end this creature's life just yet. A satisfying smash was delivered to the dwarf's head as he fell over, unconscious. You have many evil secrets to reveal.

Quickly he leans down to his friend, and lays his hands upon the halfling's broken body, and lets the life giving grace of Bahamut flow into him. Arise my friend, there is evil yet to be dispatched!
    Standard: chage to I8, Charge with feat bonus (1d20+5=19, 1d10+2+2=11) 10 points to DH1
    Action Point: Piercing Smite Piercing Smite (1d20+5=11, 2d10+2=17) Hit! Non-leathal!
    Minor: LoH, I lose an HS, Roscoe heals as though he had used one.

Piercing smite would have [strike]marked him so he wouldn't hit Roscoe...drat[/strike] killed him real good!

I can count!

Retcon'd all to hell.

Top of round! Roscoe and Sariela!

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    I don't see why the dwarf won't be dead by her next turn anyway.

Just a friendly reminder to Roscoe: don't use any of your ranged attacks without shifting away first ;)

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Hmm...does anyone have an immobilizing ability or something like that? I don't want the slinger to run away when she see's all her buddies die...

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    Hmm...does anyone have an immobilizing ability or something like that? I don't want the slinger to run away when she see's all her buddies die...
    I got some abilities that can make her move some spaces back, but nothing to stop her from moving outright.

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    For the record, Lightrider, charging ends your turn, so you can't use a minor action after a charge. There's differing schools of thought on whether or not you can spend an action point after charging.

I figure you could just have moved first and then attacked with an at-will, you rolled a 14 on the d20, +5 for your normal attacks is a 19, +2 from Aylden's Lance of Faith bonus makes it a 21. The Hammerer only has 16 AC at this time so you would have hit with any attack.

Figgy, your encounter info post doesn't show the -2 to all the Hammerer's defenses, which he still has until the end of my next turn. It also shows that Aylden has a +2 to attack the Hammerer, which he doesn't I believe since that bonus went to Azulan.

Roscoe, if you wind up doing enough damage to kill the Hammerer, then you should just declare that to be nonlethal damage so even if the halfling runs away, we have someone to interrogate =)

Edit: Unfortunately Roscoe has to spend his Move action on standing up, but he hasn't used his encounter power yet and it's a Close burst, so it doesn't provoke OAs if used adjacent to an enemy. My advice is to use it, hehe.

Rius on
    edited April 2009
    Encounter Information:

Initiative

:arrow:Roscoe (22)
    Sariela (20)

Gavin (14)
    Aylden (13)

Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) (DEAD)
    Azulan (9)

Status

Roscoe HP 6/25 - Bloodied!
    Sariela HP 16/28
    Gavin HP 13/22
    Aylden HP 13/24 (+1 AC till EONT)
    Azulan HP 22/31

Human Rabble 1 (HR1) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 2 (HR2) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 3 (HR3) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 4 (HR4) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)
    Human Rabble 5 (HR5) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11 (DEAD)

Halfling Slinger (HS) : 22/22 HP, AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 13 (+2 AC to OAs)
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) 13/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14 (-2 to all defenses until EO Sariela's NT)
    Dwarf Hammerer 2 (DH2) 0/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14 (DEAD)[/SPOILER]

Up Next: Roscoe!

Rius on
    edited April 2009
    Round 4 v2.31 : I think (read: hope) we've got it right this time.
    While you're right on those counts (I keep getting Azulan and Aylden mixed up, and you'll never know how many times I catch it before I hit "Post.") you messed up those stats a bit.

Aylden's AC bonus was last round. Azulan needs the +2 ATK. Not so easy now is it? ;)

If you guys ever see any discrepancies, don't hesitate to point them out! We'll back up and fix shit if it's not too game-breaking.

I'll repost the status with the fixed stuff just for good measure.

Map
    round4e.jpg

Status

Initiative
    Roscoe (22)
    Sariela (20)

Gavin (14)
    Aylden (13)
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) (11) (DOWN)
    Azulan (9)
    Status
    Roscoe HP 6/25 - BLOODIED! PRONE!
    Sariela HP 16/28
    Gavin HP 13/22
    Aylden HP 13/24
    Azulan
    HP 22/31
    (+2 ATK on DH1 ONT)
    Human Rabble 1 (HR1) : 0/1 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Ref 11, Will 11
    Dwarf Hammerer 1 (DH1) 0/44 HP, AC 18, Fort 15, Ref 12, Will 14 (DOWN)

Up next,... still Roscoe!

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    My +1AC ended with my last turn, and I think Roscoe's hp is at 4.(I think, when you heal an unconscious person does it start at 0 or their current total?)

Also if Lightrider does a move+standard attack the dwarf will have 15 hp, since 2 of the damage was from a feat that only applies to charges.

Last Son on
    edited April 2009
    Rius is right. Healing always starts at 0 for a dying character. (PHB 295)

I already fixed your AC thing.. Rius was looking at an earlier stat block when he corrected it.

I`ll fix the dwarf HP as well, just for good measure

Edit: Just to be clear: Azulan moved to I8 and did a basic melee attack, dealing 8 damage. He then used a minor to heal Roscoe, and used an action point and missed.

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for messing it up, I'll try to pay better attention! Thanks for pointing that out.
    Wait, if the dwarf had -2 to everything, wouldn't my piercing smite hit? It's a vs. Ref attack...
    If it does hit, then I think it dies!
    In which case I think I should declare non-lethal damage?

This post is full of retcon!

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    Sorry for messing it up, I'll try to pay better attention! Thanks for pointing that out.
    Wait, if the dwarf had -2 to everything, wouldn't my piercing smite hit? It's a vs. Ref attack...
    If it does hit, then I think it dies!
    In which case I think I should declare non-lethal damage?

This post is full of retcon!
    Good gravy!

Yes, Piercing Smite would be Reflex, and the Dwarf is now knocked out cold.

I've updated the post above with a map and a new stat block.

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    I ended my turn at C8, not that it will really matter since the fight will probably be over by the time my turn comes up anyway.

Last Son on
    edited April 2009
    Last Son wrote: »
    I ended my turn at C8, not that it will really matter since the fight will probably be over by the time my turn comes up anyway.
    I won't change the map. Just keep that in mind for your next turn.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty much out of commission all day today.. but I've queued the slinger's action so we should be good for the round.

Figgy on
  • MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Sorry I'm late, sort of. I lost internet and won't have it back for a few days, so it will be somewhat difficult but I will try and keep posting. Right now I'm at my college's computer lab. This wasn't exactly an expected thing, so I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't think I'll be able to post over this weekend though. So if the fight is still going on then or if another fight starts someone can make use of my character. Or if you feel it'd slow things down too much, I don't mind you replacing me with someone else who might want to play, Figgy.

Roscoe groaned as the hammer slammed into him, all the air going out of him. Everything started to spin and he felt himself falling, everything turning dark as he lost consciousness.

And then he regained it moments later, his small, shattered, body mending enough for him to react. Pushing himself up from the ground, he summoned up his powers, stepping back on magically enhanced feet before throwing forth a blast of thundering energy at the fellow halfling waiting to hit them again with more rocks. The blast connecting, for once, and giving the slinger a taste of the power this fellow halfling had at his fingertips.

Mr. Wildfellow, Chaos Sorcerer, winced and clutched his side with one hand, the other pointing with the dagger, "Come on. Lets finish this one off and be done with these villains."
    Move Action: Stand Up
    Standard Action: Storm Walk (1d20+4=21, 1d8+7=13) (Shifted before attack back to K10.) And did 13 damage. Not too shabby.

MiSTieOtaku on
    edited April 2009
    If I wanted to put away my sword and take out my shurikens then that would take 2 minor actions, correct?

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    I don't think it's that strict. I'm sure in the act of readying one weapon, you put away the other. But I'm not a rules lawyer.

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    If I wanted to put away my sword and take out my shurikens then that would take 2 minor actions, correct?
    You could also drop your sword as a free action and just pick it back up after combat. You are in range to attack with either Deft Strike or a charge though, unless you just wanted to be all ninja-y.

Last Son on
    edited April 2009
    Looking to bring an end to this, Sariela moves toward the halfling and picks up speed, eventually charging full-bore at the slinger. Unfortunately, still woozy from her injuries, her mighty vertical slash is nimbly dodged. Cursing, she brings her blade back up and readies for the enemy's strike.

Move: to G6

Standard: Charge (w/Howling Strike) against HS (1d20+8=10, 1d10+1d6+6=19)

Good god, all I need is a seven or better to put this guy away, and I roll a two. And to top it off, look at that uselessly high damage roll ><. The next striker I make is going to be an Avenger for sure.

Rius on
    edited April 2009
    I don't think it's that strict. I'm sure in the act of readying one weapon, you put away the other. But I'm not a rules lawyer.
    It is that strict unfortunately, hehe. Most rogues just use daggers all the time; it's a downgrade from d6 to d4 but you get +1 more attack, and don't have to worry about situations like this. Most DMs also are pretty lenient =)

You should consider the Quick Draw feat, it's indispensable for classes and/or builds that switch weapons often.

Up Next: Slinger!

Rius on
    edited April 2009
    The halfling, realizing that she was not just cut in twain by the approaching barbarian, takes a quick step back, avoiding the reach of her enemy.

The slinger begins desperately loading a rock into her sling as she sees the adventurers bearing down on her. Her nerves take hold as she throws, and the rock goes careening off course, shattering on a boulder nearby.

Move: Shift to H0
    Standard: Sling Attack: (1d20+6=8): MISS!

Free: Shit pants

Next up, Gavin and Aylden!

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    Gavin sees the halfing stumble from Roscoe's blast, and smells blood on the wind. This fight was almost over, he could feel it. Steeling himself, he sprinted over to that damned slinger and drew back his sword. As he reached the halfing, he rammed it through her, impaling her. Gavin fell back with a sigh of relief, it was done.
    Run to H2
    Trick Strike: 1d20+7-2=21 Hit!
    3(1d6+4)=18, and the encounter is over.

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    As the Halfling falls limp to the floor, blood pooling on the path below her, the unconscious Dwarf to the east coughs and begins waking up.

I'll hand out XP and any treasure after this fallen Dwarf is taken care of. For now, you guys find 2 lengths of silk rope lying on the path (15 feet each). They appear to be setup to work the net trap that has been revealed on the path.

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Gavin turns away from the bloody remains in front of him, angry at himself. He nearly got his whole party killed by exposing the cleric, it can't happen again. Not only that, he should have seen the ambush coming and prepared for it. There were friends depending on him, he had to become better, faster, and stronger.

Turning to the remains of the halfing, he quickly searched the body. Perhaps there were clues to the attacker identity on the bones of the fallen. When that was done, he turned to the trap that was set up to learn more about its orgins.
    Search the bodies, Perception Check 1d20+4=17
    Search the trap, I don't know what I need so I'll do both a perception check and a thievery check.
    Perception-1d20+4=9
    Thievery-1d20+11=15
    Spend 2 healing surges to get back to full health.

Thetheroo on
    edited April 2009
    Azulan picks up the rope, looks at the injured dwarf, and marches straight towards the fallen foe.

You're coming with us. And you're going to tell us what we want to know.

Azulan levels his greatsword at his enemy's neck.

How do you know of us?

Azulan gazes at the dwarf, visually inspecting him, looking for anything that might give further clues as to his employer or associations.
    Intimidate Check, Perception Check, Insight Check:Intimidate, Perception, Insight (1d20+7=19, 1d20+2=13, 1d20+4=15) 19, 13, 15
    Use Rope?
    Party memebers in 10 squares get +1 Diplomacy

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    Gavin
    You find a note on the halfling which accurately describes the members of your party. There is nothing else on the slinger.

As for the trap, you determine it was a simple rope buried in the sand, with two strands of rope leading behind the rocks on either side of the path. It appears the enemies were hoping to catch at least one of you in the net during the ambush.

The dwarf coughs and sputters up blood, which trickles down the front of her plate mail.

"Just a job," she says between long, painful fits of coughing. "Told to kill you... we were."

The dwarf doesn't look like she is going to live much longer, at least not without medical attention.

Azulan
    There is nothing suspicious on the dwarf besides the usual implements of war she was using during the battle--which aren't particularly well made. There is no insignia or other form of affiliation mark.

The dwarf does not look frightened. It seems like she is just waiting for death.

Figgy on
    edited April 2009
    Realizing that the dwarf is useless dead, Azulan quickly stops the bleeding and patches him up. He does it with the gentleness and care that any paladin would give a dying person. Besides, he didn't want to have to carry him.

You are spared for now, but you have more to tell, of that I'm sure.

Azulan binds his hands, making him ready for prisoner transport.

He also takes a moment to care for his own body, fixing his armor, and mending his wounds.
    Using 1 HS, 29HP.

LightRider on
    edited April 2009
    Everyone give me a !ready when you're finished looking around and harassing the poor Dwarf.

Figgy on